Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No more room in either town

Well both my worlds are full and I can't place anything down, I'm not bulldozing anything as every sim I've made lives in every house, we need a third world like now.

Comments

• JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Bad bad idea. It's gonna destroy their precious 10 second loading screens.

This game shouldn't even get new patches and EPs for the same reason.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    In an expansion.
  • ASimsFanatic2014ASimsFanatic2014 Posts: 331 Member
    Jimil wrote: »

10 seconds you're joking right dude? uhm more like 5 minutes
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Reminds me of The Sims 1, a game that came out back in 2000. Surely in 2014 there could be larger towns like TS2 from 2004 and TS3 from 2009? Are we going backwards or something?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Well... this is what they've bragging to us about so I went with that example :blush:

5 mins to load each lot. Can y'all imagine?
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited December 2014
    That third world will probably have to be the size of the two places we have combined. I think once we get 5 worlds we'll have the size of TS3 base game.

But who knows how many EPs that'll be.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Either another town or for them to open up more in the existing towns and let us place lots.
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Either another town or for them to open up more in the existing towns and let us place lots.

I don't think it is possible to open new lots in worlds due to the restrictions in python. Now I may be wrong, (which I might be) but with my experience, python is extremely limited in regards with editing old code without breaking other code.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2014
    colton147 wrote: »
    In an expansion.
    Yeah, have to wait for EA/Maxis to produce an EP to get a new world what a gas.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Mine are more like 5 seconds, but I have a SSD now.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member

Same problems with every game.
    Sim2 loading screens with every expansion like 2 minutes (then again even with very little installed they are still longer than in ts4). Sims 3 lots loading much slower. About 1-2 minutes waiting to actually be able to click something.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    Well both my worlds are full and I can't place anything down, I'm not bulldozing anything as every sim I've made lives in every house, we need a third world like now.

Mine aren't full but I am so ready for a new town.

Mine run from about 30 seconds to one minute.

I want to be able to place lots and not have loading screens to visit the houses in the same neighborhood where my sim lives.

ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter

Same problems with every game.
    Sim2 loading screens with every expansion like 2 minutes (then again even with very little installed they are still longer than in ts4). Sims 3 lots loading much slower. About 1-2 minutes waiting to actually be able to click something.
    Finally! Someone who understands.

It's easy to tell it this way guys:

More content = longer loading screens
    less content = shorter loading screens.
  • kaymahkaymah Posts: 4 New Member
    I dread going into town because of the 5 minute loading screen I'd hate if it were longer . I really want a new town though or expansion im getting bored .
    kaymah wrote: »
    I dread going into town because of the 5 minute loading screen I'd hate if it were longer . I really want a new town though or expansion im getting bored .
    *gasp* you don't say!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    So if loading screens are 5 mins long each, you go to and from town twice, that is 20 mins? I can load my TS3 town in under 10 mins and save within 3 so that's about 20 mins in and out of the game with a couple of saves and a world with more than 400 lots, I think I know what game I will be playing this Xmas
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ASimsFanatic2014ASimsFanatic2014 Posts: 331 Member
    kaymah wrote: »

Preach it, They need to add a new world like right now basically.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

Mine are more like 5 seconds, but I have a SSD now.

Mine were 5 seconds and now are 20. And I don't even have any EP and I have minimal CC.

It seems every time I play, it adds time to the loading.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

Playing a game for more than a generation already destroys the 10 second loading screens. Which I actually, on a good machine with an SSD, never experienced to begin with. More like 15-20 second loading screen. But they do get longer.

I think I"m going to search LPs and try to find someone with one of those mythical 5 second loading screens, though :dizzy_face:

• Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    Try deleting the thumbnail cache file. My loading screens are 5 seconds max and saves in less than 1, but I delete the file before I load every time.
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I swear I'm going to make a video first showing my system specifications, then showing me clearing my caches, then showing me loading up the Sims and traveling to another lot. I should do that on both of my systems to show that this is a real problem. And once EPs start to be released, if it's not addressed, more people will be affected by it.

I just wish they'd open up the neighborhoods so the people who are affected by this at least can go visiting neighbors and such.
  • MisterAyerMisterAyer Posts: 34 Member
    I have purposely been adding Sims slower than normal as I, too, expect to run out of space. A shame really, because I would like to imagine that the patch on the 16th will let us acquire more 'room' (optional, so as not to slow down those already suffering), but I suspect if anything it will just be an official moveobjects cheat.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited December 2014
    ejoslin wrote: »
    I swear I'm going to make a video first showing my system specifications, then showing me clearing my caches, then showing me loading up the Sims and traveling to another lot. I should do that on both of my systems to show that this is a real problem. And once EPs start to be released, if it's not addressed, more people will be affected by it.

I just wish they'd open up the neighborhoods so the people who are affected by this at least can go visiting neighbors and such.

My Sims don't even leave the house anymore :disappointed:
    Especially since these worlds only have like 5 places to visit, and that's not enough.

As for the small worlds issue, I am limiting families to only having 1 or 2 children. I'm afraid that if I try to go for 5 kids like I usually do the world will be populated by just my sim family.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited December 2014
    So if loading screens are 5 mins long each, you go to and from town twice, that is 20 mins? I can load my TS3 town in under 10 mins and save within 3 so that's about 20 mins in and out of the game with a couple of saves and a world with more than 400 lots, I think I know what game I will be playing this Xmas

Woah, 400 lots? You hero, and I thought 196 was a lot. I want to see that world now :smiley:

Well to be fair, I do use NRaas Story Progression so every single sim in town is pushed to do so many things, I can only imagine how it'd be with 400 lots. Hell one night I saw one of the inactives going ghost hunting on a friend's house (only reason I noticed was because of the music that plays once you do one of the ghost hunting jobs and the cloudy atmosphere around the lot), and another one investigating the mailbox next door.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have an older laptop that runs the game on the lowest settings (I have integrated graphics) and I can travel anywhere in under a min.
    Saves are under a min.
    Games loads to menu in under a min.
    Loading town takes like 30 sec.

Also.... I pause, save as (I use the same save file, it overwrites) and then exit.
    I have 1 save file for each game.
    I clean cache and thumbnail every other play cycle.
    I have mods, but I am very light on CC.
    I keep inventories at a minimum when I travel. If I collect while I am traveling it does take a little longer to get home.
    I travel alone, then invite others to join at current lot or use the bring here if in the same household.
    I took everything out of start up except my virus program.
    I use a booster to exit window programs and prefetching by windows that are not needed.
    I go offline by turning off my WiFi on my laptop and exit my virus program.
    I play offline.

I am not sure what others are doing to get 5 min. loading screens, but it seems a bit off.