Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many/what languages can you speak?

SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
what the title says
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Only English.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
  • CurolaCurola Posts: 86 Member
    My mother language is German. As foreign languages I speak English, Frensh, Spanisch, Portuguese and a few weeks ago I started to learn Arabian language. I want to learn Italian, too, but at this moment this is a little too boring for me (as it's similar with French, Spanisch and Portuguese). Yeah, I have to admit it, learning languages is one of my favourite hobbies...
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    Finnish (my native language) and English. I've studied also Swedish, German, French and Russian, but I haven't really used them, so I can't speak them. Anyway, I didn't study much of French or Russian in the first place, so I can pretty much only read Russian letters and understand a few words of French. I studied Swedish much longer, and German pretty long too, so I guess I understand them to some extent. Although my German vocabulary isn't very vast.

It's a shame really. While I love being fluent in English, it would be really cool to speak some other foreign language well, too.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Two. English and Simlish. Sul Sul! ;)

Sorry. :grin: Couldn't resist. I do speak basic French. But sadly they never understand a word I say when I go there, because of my accent :'(

tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Three.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Spanish & English
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    English and broken spanish
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Just English and the tiniest bit of French, Canadian French though (as apparently it is different from in France). I used to be way better with it, but now I know only a little bit, I don't use it enough. I want to learn how to speak it fluently some day though. Also I started learning Spanish a while back so I'd like to get back into learning that, I've forgotten like all of it, I might be able to understand a few words if I heard them used but I'd never remember what the were if I wanted to use them myself. I'd really love to learn a lot of languages, I'd love to travel the world some day (if I can ever afford that, so it's unlikely), and it would be really handy to have at least a basic knowledge of other languages.
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    edited December 2014
    English, French, Spanish, German, Swedish, Italian, Portuguese, Finnish, Russian, and Japanese so 10 languages. Learning new languages is a hobby of mine. I also travel to various countries several times a year to help the needy. Actually going to adopt a little Japanese girl in a couple weeks.

Oh, I forgot to add my grandmother was Swedish and taught me the language since I could talk. That was the first language I learned besides my primary language of English.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Wow that's amazing @SimSwim2 !
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Yes, @SimSwim2, impressive.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    English, French, Spanish, German, Swedish, Italian, Portuguese, Finnish, Russian, and Japanese so 10 languages. Learning new languages is a hobby of mine. I also travel to various countries several times a year to help the needy. Actually going to adopt a little Japanese girl in a couple weeks.

Oh, I forgot to add my grandmother was Swedish and taught me the language since I could talk. That was the first language I learned besides my primary language of English.

Wow, that is amazing. Congratulations on the adoption.

• mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Welsh and English.
  • Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    English and a bit of Maori.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »

Holy plum.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Fluently? 2. English and Spanish.
    However I know some French, German and Japanese.
    Three of which I want to learn.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    I speak English, I also speak Vietnamese but unlike my siblings I can't speak it fluently.
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I speak my mother tongue and English. Fluently. I'm actually half Russian but I don't know the lanuage. When I was a kid I used to be fluent but after my parents divorced I moved away from my father and never had to speak Russian again so I forgot. I also learned Finnish in school but I really didn't like it :D it's such a difficult language.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited December 2014
    I used to speak and read Spanish/French/Arabic but haven't spoken any of them fluently in a long time. I can still read them all with a bit of help though. :blush:

ETA: I assume you meant in addition to English. ;)
    Post edited by blunote00 on
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited December 2014
    Tres.

English, Espanol, et Francais. :D

I want to either learn Italian or Japanese next.

Japanese seems hard though :disappointed:
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    English and Spanish.

I also used to speak some conversational Welsh, but I'm rusty (I had a close friend who was Welsh), and I learned a bit of Latin, French, and German over the years.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Engrish ,ghetto , 1337 speak and Latin
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    My mother language is Creole, but I also speak English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Afrikaans, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish and Zulu
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2014
    British English and American English. :(

Occasional French, German or Spanish phrase (from holiday phrasebooks/school). The odd Greek/Latin word from science.

I think that's the problem with being born in an English-speaking country, to English parents. No incentive to learn them. People in bi-lingual/poly-lingual families or countries (such as those in central Europe) pick them up naturally.