Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deformed pets(not due to graphic card)

Hi guys! I have a question for you. :)
Suddenly, when I am in CAS or in this case CAP(create a pet), the pets get really deformed when I try to change breed(I mean crazy weird, eyes everywear, feet longer than the screen etc.). The pets that are already in my game are fine though. Is there any way to fix it?

PS: It is not the graphic card(I have had Pets since it first came out and have never had this problem before. It showed up out of nowhere, after I(don’t know if there is a connection here) installed Sunlit Tides..

Appreciate all help :D

Comments

• mulder8486mulder8486 Posts: 613 Member
    I had this happen when I switched from a large breed to a small breed. I assumed it was just a glitch. The dog would look normal while doing things like playing etc but while it was walking around it would "freak out." I was able to adopt the breed I wanted after that so I didn't really change anything the next time. I had it happen in Sunset Valley (altered world from exchange) and do not have Sunlit Tides yet so I don't think that would play a role in it.
    a.k.a. Becki ~ My Sims 3 Page
  • Stablehand6Stablehand6 Posts: 288 Member
    Is it doing this ALL the time now? Or has it only happened once? Once or twice, I think I've seen animals in my game glitch in some way, either in CAPet or during gameplay, but it doesn't usually stay that way, or happen to all of my pets. I actually can only think of one time (off the top of my head) that one of the wild (or townie) horses in my game was "disfigured" in this way. If it's only a one time (or occasional) thing, I wouldn't worry too much. But if it's happening to ALL of your pets or most of the time, then I would start getting concerned. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what to tell you to do about it... :(
  • HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member

Thank you for answering! I believe I figured it out(or at least temporary). If I just use the original animal, and edit it in the advanced modus a little bit, I can then change the breed without having it look like an alien! :D