Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of the United States?

colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
The New Zealand thread gave me this idea, and thought I should do one with the United States. :)

As the title says, what do you think of the United States?

Comments

• Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Texas is great :smiley:
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Largest province in canada
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Well, I live here sooo..
    Idk. It's just home, I guess.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    policeofficerswifepoliceofficerswife Posts: 347 Member
    I was born and raised in Georgia but, my heart belongs to South Carolina and Florida. I love the mountains but I also love the beach.
    The US is pretty swell. lol :)
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    Not sure, but I do know that I like saying State names like Georgia, Mississippi, Texas because it kinda sounds cool. :D
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Love the country, not so much the government.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I wanna go and see Texas :\
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Jimil wrote: »

It's great! Come, we welcome you :smiley:
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    America/americans tend to think they're better than the rest of the world but other than that they're a country/people like any other.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Why not Colorado? :'(
  • Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    Wisconsin! <3
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    America/americans tend to think they're better than the rest of the world but other than that they're a country/people like any other.
    Not true, you should never speak for everyone when you don't know what you are talking about. Someone may get offended.
  • Options
    Michigan is beautiful, surrounded by lakes. I can do without the cold winter and snow.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Not true, you should never speak for everyone when you don't know what you are talking about. Someone may get offended.

It is true. I speak from numerous experiences. Some might think it's offensive when one thinks they're better than everyone else ;)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options

It is true. I speak from numerous experiences. Some might think it's offensive when one thinks they're better than everyone else ;)
    Not going to argue with you, not my style.

• Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

I don't see why not. I can drive there. It's just Texas is my top priority right now :p .
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    TBH I find the US is one screwed up country, I've studied it a fair bit and have done extensive research on some things about it (most of which I don't remember tons about though) and I watch stuff about it on the news on a fairly regular basis. There's some very wrong things that go on in the states. That being said, I've met plenty of amazing Americans, the problem is not with the average citizen really but with the way the country is governed. Though there are some things like the behavior of people on Black Friday (we have Black Friday here but it's nothing like what I see out of the states. People don't turn into monsters to get a crappy TV here... usually), and the behavior of people with the whole Ferguson thing (burning down buildings that have nothing to do with the situation is not solving anything and is extremely disgusting) that just make me shake my head and wonder what's wrong with y'all... you do have an alarmingly violent country sometimes, a lot of times. It's not somewhere I'd ever live, but I've visited very briefly before just for a couple hours down in Idaho (while visiting my grandpa because he's close enough to the border), and I'd love to go visit again and visit different parts of the States because I enjoyed it and met some nice people.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I have my mood swings! LOL

I don't like it if its too hot or too cold!

I don't like the rain, snow, sleet, ice.......but I love the US!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    colton147 wrote: »

I don't see why not. I can drive there. It's just Texas is my top priority right now :p .

Come to Colorado and come see me. You'll can tell it is me when you see a hairy and bearded man in a dress holding up a sign saying "Justine Keaton is AWESOME!". ;)
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    2eyvoe8.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    It's where I belong.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    They say the same of us Brits, but some accents over there...
    Swoon.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Unlike some ive traveled outside the US ( mostly Western & Northern Europe but a few other places as well ) and quite frankly theres nowhere I'd rather live than the USA
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I've only ever visited New York City but I loved it there. I met some really awesome people (there were a few very rude ones too though. Lol)

It's very different to the UK. I can't wait to visit the US again. I just need to save up for like, 10 years :')
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited December 2014
    We have our ups and downs here. Good people, bad people. Nice places, not so nice places. There's a lot of diversity here not only in people but in scenery and culture. I think the good things are great, but like just about anywhere else, we have our problems. I definitely don't agree with everything that's going on in our country right now, but overall I'm proud to be an American. Of course, I've never been anything but an American, so maybe I don't know what good I'm missing. I am sure some countries citizens are much better off than us, and I'm also sure some are worse off.

I don't think I'm better than anyone else for being an American though, I just don't see the point in beating myself up or attributing a negative to being one. I'm not the best person at learning about other cultures and traveling though and I'm trying to change that in way that are financially feasible (more the learning than the traveling meaning).

As far as the bad moments in America's history, I think much of the world has had its bad moments. Not to downplay the fact that things like Ferguson are bad, but we are not the only country that has a checkered past (or what might be going on in recent times or even present.)

PS - been to New York City once, didn't like it at all, far far too big for me. I'm not a small town country boy either, I live in a decent sized city (more than 500,000 people) but New York just made me feel insignificant with its size.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.