Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crazy People

I wasn't expecting to do storytelling but it sounds like fun so I think I'm going to give it a shot.

I was looking at the challenges thread and decided to try the Asylum Challenge. I created this household, played a little bit with it and then decided to write a story because I liked them. As the rules say, they all have the Insane trait and live in a lot where they have limited stuff and time to do what they want. However, this story is not going to follow the rules to the letter but is going to be based on the challenge. Also, I'm planning on writing in different points of view so that we can get an idea of what is happening in everyone's mind :smile:

The Household:

Riley Marshall
ra9st0.jpg

Luca Campbell
2sbtnqc.jpg

Giovanni Burns
rbe58m.jpg

Alex Bishop
28h28lg.jpg

Lorelei Lyons
2z80wo3.jpg

Sharona Delgado
2i225nq.jpg

Ariella Lang
33mo2e9.jpg

Heather Wynn
i19z42.jpg

The story begins!
317chzb.jpg
A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
Princess Peach Rocks!

Comments

• HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    2qi8x0h.jpg
    Riley's POV

So here we are. We finally arrived to the place where we will spend the next couple of...weeks? Months? Perhaps even years. The ride sure was...wild, what with the lot I ended up with. All I can say is that I don't think we have anything in common except that we are all...
    INSANE!!!
    2ur85s8.jpg

So yeah. Long story short, we were all labeled "insane" because we have fluctuating emotions that interfere with our everyday lives so we were forced to live here until we either are told we are free to go or fulfill our life's aspirations. For that purpose each one of us took a test to determine our lifelong aspirations and then we received assignments that we are to fulfill if we want to leave. I think that's pretty much what has happened in a nutshell...

So here we are... wait, where's everyone? Heeey! Not cool to leave me behind!
    1zg9iyr.jpg

Wow... this place looks... tacky. I mean, they could have put some effort in decorating this place a little bit.
    2ry3jvs.jpg

I feel gloomy already... Luckily they allowed me to bring my guitar! I can always rely on Penny to up my spirits when I really need it.
    2prtidc.jpg

I think I'm gonna chill out a little bit before exploring the rest of this "asylum".
    htzat2.jpg
    317chzb.jpg
    Princess Peach Rocks!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    This looks like so much fun! What great Sims you created! I love the little Emo guy!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited December 2014
    @CathyTea
    Thank you! At first I thought about only creating a single sim for the challenge and making the others random sims but in the end I created all of them, I guess I was feeling inspired :agree:

Here's a continuation:

Lorelei's POV

Ugggh! To think that such a classy person like myself have been sent here of all places! I am never going to forgive them! I am a mentally healthy person, I do NOT need to be here! But noooo, they thought it would be for "my own good" to come here and deal with "my mental instability" before it goes out of hand.

This place is so hideous and gruesome, it's not a place where a lady like myself would be! Can people really live with just the things they provided us with? Oh, and I'm definitely NOT exaggerating! They gave us this lame excuse of a kitchen...

671icz.jpg

We all have to rest in the same room on rock-hard beds...

2zh0b2h.jpg

And by the heavens! Worst of all, we only have 2 bathrooms! Two bathrooms! For 8 people! It's dreadful enough that they are so small, let alone sharing it with... these ones. This is inconceivable! Ugggggh!

2dhuwdc.jpg

OK Lorelei, take a deep breath and relax. In... and out... In... and out...

My head is killing me from all this stress, I should probably sit down...Great, it looks like even this sofa is made of concrete.

2qbgc2w.jpg

Lorelei: Sigh.
    Riley: What's wrong, sweetums?
    Lorelei: Are you talking to ME? The nerve of some people! Don't you dare call me by that! I have a name and it's Lorelei. LOR-UH-LIE. Get it inside your head, you scatterbrained tramp! And mind your own business!
    Riley: Whoa whoa whoa, I was only trying to be friendly. You don't need to be like that.
    Lorelei: Ugh... Just...leave me alone and don't talk to me. Ever again. Got it?
    Riley: Got it...

Marvelous. Just marvelous. This cowboy won't even let me be and meditate. Oh and look, the pink misfit comes to further ruin my existence.

6qv5so.jpg

Don't they have the brain cells to understand that I desire some peace and solitude? I can't fathom the idea that I have been grouped together with these...these fools!

Riley: Oh snap!
    Ariella: Sorry! I didn't mean to! It just slipped!
    Riley: No worries, cupcake. I will just take it off and change to a new one.

UUUUGH! I've had enough! If I don't punch someone right now I'm going to... HOLY COW!

dgo27q.jpg

Those pectorals! And those abs! Ooohhh wohoho! And look at those arms! Goodness gracious, this cowboy just turned out to be "interesting" after all! But wait... I just insulted him and told him to not cross words with me. Oh great... that just HAD to be the icing on this horrible day.

5wdhh.jpg
    Aaaw...
    317chzb.jpg
    Princess Peach Rocks!
    It will be interesting to see what relationships develop among this bunch!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea
    Hopefully they won't end up killing each other :innocent: But seriously, I don't even know how things will turn out for them (especially when I start letting them do what they please)

Here's another part:

Giovanni's POV

MWAHAHAHA! The misery! The agony! The sorrow! I LIKE IT! Watching a pair of grievous faces a day is just what the doctor prescribed. Well... not really but still, I like it! Making someone else's day worse makes mine better. Could this be why I was sent here? Hm...

347wahh.jpg

Changing the subject, I like the variety of preys I have been granted. Amusement is not something that I shall be lacking. Of all the people here, the "cerulean lady" is the only one who appears to come from a wealthy family. In other words, it would be in my best interest to not upset her in the very least. On the contrary, I need to be on her good side in order to gain some "benefits". Mwehehehe...

However, I must not avert my attention from my main objective: to get out of this condemned place. So let's see here... "Achieve level 3 logic skill" is the first task I was given as a Renaissance Sim, whatever that means. Considering the only thing that could help me achieve this is the chess table, and because I need someone to play with, I think it would be a good idea to ask Lorelei for a match. She will see how brilliant I am with my tactical skills and my profound knowledge. Two birds with one stone. Perfect!

Giovanni: Miss Lorelei, I have been tasked with the acquirement of Logic skills as the first of my many assignments in order to leave this detestable place without further delay. Would you mind joining me in a game of chess?
    Lorelei: I'm. Not. Interested. Ask one of those neanderthals, if they even know what chess is.

a9o6df.jpg

She prefers to heat her microwave dinner to a game with moi? Ouch, that hurts... It appears that establishing an amity with Lorelei will be a challenge. A challenge I'm willing to take! However, for the time being, it is better to leave her alone while she is not in good spirits.

Giovanni: Excuse me. Is anyone interested in playing chess with me?

3585gr6.jpg

Giovanni: ...No? Anyone?
    Ariella: I'd love to!
    Giovanni: Good! Well then, let us proceed to the next room and get ready.

She's not Lorelei but I guess she will suffice. Oh well... As long as I reach my goal the means don't matter. After we went into the next room and placed the chess pieces on the board, I thought about engaging in idle chatter to get to know her... to get a better glimpse on how to make her life more miserable. Oh, I'm so evil!

Giovanni: It did not cross my mind that you would know how to play chess, Miss Ariella.
    Ariella: To be honest, I don't have idea of what to do but I like to help!
    Giovanni: Surely you jest...
    Ariella: Besides, how hard can it be to learn?

24pgnbt.jpg

Ariella: Wouldn't it be awesome if the horsey had a horn? Because, unicorns are awesome! Oh, oh, oh! You know what would be more awesome? If it had wings, because pegasi are awesome! OH, OH, OH! You know what would be even MORE awesome?! If it were pink, because pink is AAAAAWESOOOOME!

2pts01x.jpg

Giovanni: You know what would be "awesome"? For you to shut up.

2po4f2h.jpg

Apparently, Lorelei wasn't far off of reality after all.
    317chzb.jpg
    Princess Peach Rocks!
    Oh! I love this chapter! I love it when she says, "Oh, oh, oh!" That's how my child Sims talk when they tell stories! So much fun. You've really got the voice down for each character!

@CathyTea thanks, I try! Ariella has the Childish trait so it just makes sense haha! And after this chapter we see that she is also Clumsy much to Lorelei's misfortune

Another little chapter :smile:

14xfjbq.jpg

Sharona: So... what are we doing here?
    Luca: Heather wanted to work out.
    Sharona: Cool. But, why are we all here?
    Lorelei: Because the "oh so blessed" rules dictate that we ALL have to be together wherever we go!

97upe9.jpg

Sharona: Girl, you need to chill out.
    Ariella: At least it looks like Alex is enjoying himself.
    Alex: Hello ladies. Do you squat here often?

2a9xk4i.jpg

Heather's POV

Oh my gosh! I can't believe them! They are waaay too lazy to jog with me so the least they can do is let me come to the gym. They told me 4 hours of jogging was too much for them to handle. Well, I don't know about them but I can't stand being idle. The body needs movement!

2dvu802.jpg

That and my assignment says to work out at a gym venue. And to work out for 8 total hours. I wonder if I can complete them both in one day...
    I say I can! Yeah! I can feel my blood pumping!

Lookit here, the lad is actually giving it a shot! He's bad at it... but he gets an A for the effort.

o9lkde.jpg

Luca: *whimper*
    Riley: Hey pal, you are doing it wrong. Here, let me show you.

mtbfbd.jpg

Riley: You have to keep your arms steady. Pull it like this.... then return to the original position slowly... Got it?
    Luca: Uhm...yes...thanks...
    Random Lady: Hey there handsome. How come I haven't seen you around before?

34861hv.jpg

Aaaand the inevitable finally happens: the flirting at the gym. Seriously, is there a day where someone can train without having hearts fluttering around?

Riley: That's because I'm-
    Lorelei: BECAUSE HE'S UNAVAILABLE! Now get lost, you nickel-plated numbskull!

10wpi1f.jpg

Riley: What was that?
    Lorelei: I'm looking out for you and trust me, darling, she wasn't worth your time.
    Riley: ...Didn't you hate me?
    Lorelei: Oh my, no! Whatever gave you that idea?
    Riley: You...
    Lorelei: Ohohohoho! You are so witty, I like that!

2lnjvgx.jpg

Riley: Right...

Looks like Riley needs some help over there. Let's give him a hand.

Heather: Yo, Riley! Think you can beat me in a treadmill race?
    Riley: W-we'll see!
    Heather: OK! Ready, set...And go!

66cf8p.jpg

Lorelei: Ex-cuuuse me. Are you blind? We were in the middle of something.
    Heather: Feeling tired, Riley?
    Riley: Not one bit!
    Lorelei: Don't you dare ignore me!
    Heather: Why don't you join us Lorelei?
    Lorelei: Me? Run? No thank you!
    Heather: It's good for the body! And it's fun too!
    Lorelei: I'd rather drink instant coffee than be drenched in sweat.
    Heather: Oh well, I tried.

t83mti.jpg

Ariella: Maybe Lorelei can't run!
    Lorelei: That's not true at all...
    Riley: Really now? *chuckle*
    Lorelei: R-riley! Don't be silly, of course I can run! Allow me to show you.

r0t377.jpg

Lorelei: See? I can run perfectly fine. Even better than that red-haired yokel. Heh!
    Ariella: Ooooh what does this button do?
    Lorelei: What do you think you are doing?! That's the incline but-Aaah!

xddmip.jpg

Ariella: Ooops, I shouldn't have touched.
    Heather: That must have hurt.
    Lorelei: Ow...my face...

se6cld.jpg

Heather: Phew! I'm beat!

I feel revitalized! Nothing beats a good workout, except having a good work out with a new gym buddy. Who could have thought that Riley would be so fit? He barely lifts a finger around here.

2lmt82f.jpg

It is a shame that we have to take turns deciding where to go. Since today was my turn I'll have to wait a week or so to go to the gym again. This stinks...

juxo9c.jpg
    317chzb.jpg
    Princess Peach Rocks!