Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lucky Plams

Im having issues with random townies moving in with my playable household and
the lot is not an appartment nor have I use the make public globe thing from bydebug.
its anoying and even when i go into edit world and use slipt household to remove the offending townie More just move in.

I hope some one can help me please and thank you.
h2xmsbl]

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Do you have University Life installed? You can have room mates with that pack.

I think you use the real estate option to have room mates. I did it once a long time ago thinking I could add 1 or 2 to see how it worked but the game filled all available Sim places with room mates and that meant my Sims couldn't have a family and I had great difficulty getting rid of them. I think I just stopped playing that save and started a new game rather than deal with it.
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited December 2014
    Karritz wrote: »
    Do you have University Life installed? You can have room mates with that pack.

I think you use the real estate option to have room mates. I did it once a long time ago thinking I could add 1 or 2 to see how it worked but the game filled all available Sim places with room mates and that meant my Sims couldn't have a family and I had great difficulty getting rid of them. I think I just stopped playing that save and started a new game rather than deal with it.

Thanks
    I kown about that but Ive Not used that either. so cant uderstand why the townies are doing this

my game is CC , Mod free and up untill this my games have been pretty much glitch free.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @calmorezoo - This is how I understand it. Your game is not glitched on this respect.
    -
    One of the game patches after UNI, built on the roommate scheme by making Roomies a real estate option in patched games -- so some households (apparently whether they have UNI or not) AND which are being directly played by the user AND (at least in my game) which ALSO have more than one bed, may automatically get a roommate who acts as a paying boarder who helps with your bills.

You can disable any ROOMMATES using the real estate option on your sim cell phone. You can also choose the max number of 'boarders' your household may have.

I have had so little time for my game in recent years, but now I am playing catch-up (for the Daily Deals).

Here are some schemes I have thought up to utilize these unplayable Roommates.

It can be handy if you have a single sim, because the roomie can provide play and social actions to raise your LTR scores and to help with your bills (by paying rent) if you have a poor sim.

Another option is that if you have a evil sims or pranking ones, they can help torture the roomie to raise LTR scores.
    And if your sim has a murderer challenge or some other interesting task, you have yourself automatic guinea pigs whose characters may be very random and challenging. (How about a challenge to marry then murder ten roommates including the ones with commitment issues?)

Of course not all boarders are going to be easy to live with, so it gives you the option of finding different ways to get rid of each one. Or to find ways of idiot proofing your home so the roomie doesn't set your place on fire and other stuff like that. Maybe build a shack on the property so the roomie has access only to that house (using lockable doors on the main house).

Some people have reported a glitch where the roomie somehow becomes a playable sim in your family. This is obviously not always desired, unless your sims are in love or some other thing and you like exploring your options in the game. You can move out the unwanted sim, maybe put them into an empty shack in the woods with no furniture, or send them to an asylum you built, or send them to torture another sim family.

I only learned about the Roomie option when my adult, non-Uni, sim bought some real estate. A couple days later, wanted to move in, and at that time, right at the mailbox, a Roommate was moving into the same house! Wha?!!! I was so confused too, but that lead to me understanding that I could disable my household from having roommates if I chose to. Just use the phone or a computer. All sims have phones, so it's easy.

I hope that gives you some ideas and maybe tangential game play ideas.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    thank you semavilady,
    for all your help Itsseems that I will just have to continues evicting/splitting the household to get ridd of the unwanted lodgers. its fun though that this is only happening to my lucky palms game.
    h2xmsbl]