Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When I was a kid...

mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
When I was a kid my family and I lived on this small street called Manida Street in NY. All the kids, young and teens got along and played together all the time. We had this empty field at the end of the block where the grass would grow tall in the summer. One year the boys went to the field and
collected about 100 grass hoppers to scare all the girls. After they chased all the screaming girls around for about an hour the street looked like a war zone littered with dead bodies everywhere, grass hoppers that is. :D

We would play catch and kiss. The boys would chase the girls or vise versa and give them a kiss on the cheek and I would always chase Tito, we were 8 years old and in love. Needless to say I dated Tito for a while when we were 21. <3

One day a neighbor, who worked in a cake factory brought home a bunch of cakes that were left over or something. We were supposed to
eat them but instead it turned into a cake war and in the end we were all covered in cake and our street was a disaster. :D

So many more things happened on this block but I'm tired of typing. :D Manida Street will always be very special to me. <3

Tell me about when you were a kid.

Comments

• Options
    ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    when I was a kid I collected frogs just like in sims 4. beautiful.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I used to have super sleepovers with my cousins, and I had so much fun at my grand-parents' house. It's so fun when your closest relatives live next to you.

I remember a day where my sister, my cousins and I were creeping on two random kids down the block (we were like 6 lol). They were twins, the sister was chubby and she was playing with her doll. She went inside for a bit when her brother got out and freaking smashed the doll in every way possible. Obviously, his sister was 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I expected her to start crying and snitch on him, but instead, she took the smashed doll, beat him up with it and left him crying. Us four were 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ourselves from all the laughter.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great that you have happy memories of times spent at Manida Street as you were growing up @minov39. :) You will always treasure the happy times that spent there and have great memories to remember. They are special times to remember.
  • Options
    whitemage_annwhitemage_ann Posts: 63 Member
    I miss the times when I could get some friends and family members together to play games such as Monopoly, Life, and Uno. For me it was a fun time as a kid.
  • Options
    I miss the times when I could get some friends and family members together to play games such as Monopoly, Life, and Uno. For me it was a fun time as a kid.

Aww, you reminded me of the fierce card games I played with my sisters. :)

• Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I grew up on a military base. I had a best friend named Zoey and she and I would have sleepovers and wacth backyardigans and play barbies. One time she wouldn't let me go to sleep and kept pulling my hair and threatening to rip it all out till her mom came in and yelled at us.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    When I was a little child, I wasn't watching my bladder need and it went down into the red and... yup. Not only did my hygiene go down and I was embarrassed, but I also ruined my brother's Nintendo 64.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    Up until five I was obsessed with Barney. I sang the song and did the motions to my parents every night xD. When I was five, my neighbor asked if I still watched it. I told him no and officially stopped. Since my mom was friends with the neighbor, my sister and I played with him a lot. Sometimes we'd blow bubbles to each other from our second floor decks. We would find toads sometimes, or dig for worms. I was the one to pull them out with my hands lol.

My favorite toys were all playmobil. I loved setting up scenes with the little pieces. My favorite thing outside was my 'parachute guy', which was a plastic figure attached to a parachute. You roll it up and throw it up, it was so cool. I had to walk a short trek to the bus stop. When I was a kindergartener, one time my mom wasn't at the bus stop, so I took the bus back to school so she had to pick me up there.

When I was eight, we moved away to our second house and it was really sad leaving the house and my friends (mostly one best friend). We lived in that house for three years and moved again to where I live now. That was the house I had the most friends and felt like I fit in, but at the same time I felt like I stood out, since most of my friends weren't friends with each other.
  • Options
    MaroonPantsMaroonPants Posts: 387 Member
    I lived in a little-big desert town just outside of the LA basin with about 100,000 people in it. Me and my neighborhood friends would get together and ride our bikes around the neighborhood. We would go to a desert lot and ride the desert jumps.

It rarely snowed, so we would go up to a mountain village, which was 45 minutes out of town through many random ruins and tiny communities. When it snowed up there, my entire family would rent snowboards, and go snowboarding down the slopes the entire day, and then cuddle up in a little 2 bedroom cabin we owned.
    11909804_873412349399467_742719380_n.jpg?oh=52e438b18b94d2bf9fc31502acc3571d&oe=55D2753F
    I made art of of a Pepe and Google Deep Dream XD
  • Options
    I grew up on a military base. I had a best friend named Zoey and she and I would have sleepovers and wacth backyardigans and play barbies. One time she wouldn't let me go to sleep and kept pulling my hair and threatening to rip it all out till her mom came in and yelled at us.

That was a rough little friend. Oh, the memories of the Barbies.
    I played with my little girl friends and our Barbies, but one of the kids who loved to play was a boy.
    He always wanted to be the mommy and he was about 7 years old. Back then we were kids and we didn't
    understand yet that he was gay, I don't even think he knew. But we always welcomed him and he made
    a great mom. Little Tony, where is he now? :)

Hagfisher wrote: »
    When I was a little child, I wasn't watching my bladder need and it went down into the red and... yup. Not only did my hygiene go down and I was embarrassed, but I also ruined my brother's Nintendo 64.

You're all taking me down memory lane. You're brother's Nintendo 64, OMG! :D
    When I was 8, I was on line one day waiting to buy an ice cream from the ice cream truck and I didn't want to go inside
    and use the bathroom. There I was squirming and feeling the pressure but I refused to give up and miss getting
    my treat. Right there on the line I released the pressure but I got my ice cream. It was worth it. :#:D

Simsgal2227
    Your childhood sounds so sweet. I remember those parachutes. My son was crazy over Barney too.
    Now he's 22 and will completely deny ever even hearing about the purple dinosaur. :D

MaroonPants
    Your bike trips sound like so much fun and adventure. Deserts, mountain villages and ruins, quite the learning
    experience. The little cabin with family sounds wonderful! :)

• Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    When I was a kid if I could record even only half of the song I really liked from the radio to a tape, I was the happiest kid for days...
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Eziwolf wrote: »
    When I was a kid if I could record even only half of the song I really liked from the radio to a tape, I was the happiest kid for days...

Ditto! :D
    The recordings were crappy but we enjoyed the fact that it was possible.