Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I The Only One?

I haven't been on the boards for a couple of weeks, so busy with the holidays. But I'm starting to catch up on somethings now. Currently I'm going through the Favorite Screenshot post, some good pictures in there. It's making me want to load my game.

Any way! What I noticed about the pictures of families eating is they only have a plate of food. Am I the only one that gives my Sims drinks when they have their meals?
Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
MPOTGthumbnail.jpg

Comments

• munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    edited December 2014
    I don't usually make them get drinks with their food because they already have a juice addiction and will probably get 5 cups of juice or milk after dinner...
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Do they have to get drinks separately? I thought they'd be there when they sit and eat. :disappointed:
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 908 Member
    @SelenaGrey I would love if they could serve drinks. I'd also love if they meals were served on the table as in the past, instead of everyone having to go get their own plate.

@Rflong As far as I know. I usually just make my Sims go to the fridge and grab a glass after they've gotten their plate off of the counter. I love this feature and was surprised more people don't do it.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Do they have to get drinks separately? I thought they'd be there when they sit and eat. :disappointed:
    It's buggy. Sometimes my sim will have a drink in hand and grab a plate to sit down, other times she will put it down, play musical chairs, then stand by the wall and eat. ;P

Ah, okay - Thanks. :)
    @Rflong As far as I know. I usually just make my Sims go to the fridge and grab a glass after they've gotten their plate off of the counter. I love this feature and was surprised more people don't do it.

Thanks~ Do they fill up faster or eat slower with drinks? :D
    I think they fill up faster. If my Sims are in a hurry to get on the bus or to work often times they don't have to finish their meal or glasses and I just send them off. If they have nothing else to do I'll let them sit and over stuff themselves.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    The routing still isn't that great around eating. Sometimes I call them to a meal and they all grab a plate and sit down. Sometimes there is still a lot of shuffling, stamping, yelling, and eating standing up blocking everyone else from getting a plate. Adding drinks to the mix just adds another layer of redirection. I'm exhausted enough after a family meal.

It also causes them to eat quite slowly. Breakfast or dinner can drag on for hours while they eat, drink and talk.

Then there is Fat Sim Syndrome. If you have your sim eat anything other than salad, they gain weight. So not fun but what are you going to do? At any rate eating and drinking will put the pounds on them.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Just IMO, it takes too much bother to get them to grab a drink as well as a food plate, and it takes forever-and-a-day for a Sim to drink a drink in TS4, slowing down the whole process a goodly bit. It's not important enough to me to see a glass sitting there. Maybe if I wanted to stage a picture for a story I might take the time to set up the minutia, but just in regular play? Not for me.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    I don't usually make them get drinks with their food because they already have a juice addiction and will probably get 5 cups of juice or milk after dinner...

My sims only ever do that if all the gaming objects are used. Sims automatically using the fridge has so far never been a problem for me.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @SelenaGrey I would love if they could serve drinks. I'd also love if they meals were served on the table as in the past, instead of everyone having to go get their own plate.

I'd love a "Serve Drinks" or "Bring Drink to..." with the option to choose which Sim when there's a bar in the home, or even an ordering option like "Order Drink For..." when at a community lot with a bar. And a similar option on the coffee and tea makers at home. (We also need a hot chocolate maker for kids, and the option for adults/teens to make hot chocolate for the younger set.) I'd love it if my mixologist Sim could take a drink or cup of coffee to his husband when the latter is working on the computer, for example.

I actually did the get drink option quite a bit with my single Simself, but as my families grew it became a lot more time consuming especially with everyone trying to get to the refrigerator at the same time. And meals take long enough with everyone talking with each other, and I'm watching the time to make sure everyone gets off to work/school at a reasonable time.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    I think they fill up faster. If my Sims are in a hurry to get on the bus or to work often times they don't have to finish their meal or glasses and I just send them off. If they have nothing else to do I'll let them sit and over stuff themselves.

What bus do you speak of?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I don't even think to unless they do it themselves. It's easy for sims to overeat and I'm not sure if extra drinks will make them gain weight but it fills the hunger bar.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    So yeah, I'm the only one. lol

@rbridges430 The bus in my imagination. :)
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »

It's buggy. Sometimes my sim will have a drink in hand and grab a plate to sit down, other times she will put it down, play musical chairs, then stand by the wall and eat. ;P

We sure do. We also need "serve meal" as well as "call to meal." Serve meal would mean the platter of food is delivered to the dining table and the sims sit around it and eat. My sims hardly ever use their dining table anymore.
  • katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    edited December 2014
    I love to get them drinks sometimes but it's a bit tedious and more micro managing than I want.

Maybe an choice to drink watér autonomously when I click a dish to eat instead of having to get juice (which by the way, the only time I've seen a sim drink water [NOT juice] autonomously is in the Sims 2 eating at a restaurant)
    Happy Simming
  • NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    Does anyone else have this issue: Adults NOT getting a plate from an already prepared meal, but going to the fridge and cooking a whole NEW meal for themselves? The only ones that automatically "grab a plate" in most of my households are the children. The adults start cooking new food when they are hungry. I am annoyed that I have to interrupt them to tell them to "grab a plate."
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @Naydi, that has happened to me when I failed to check everyone's wants. Sometimes they have the cook/retrieve meal option queued up before the call to meal is made. I wish the call to meal would cancel out the other action.

What's worse is that most of the time your sims are charged for the meal (or the painting or anything else that costs money) even if you cancel out the action. At least, I hear the kaching of the money going away. I never hear it coming back even if I cancel before they get out the food or plop down a canvas.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i only have my sims make tea in the afternoon or night.. just cause there nothing else to do
    @Naydi, I do have that problem, but it doesn't stop there. Once in awhile when there is a meal awaiting on the counter tops my children Sims will get some leftovers out of the fridge.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg