Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story of the Month Club - ROUND TWO

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I hope that even if this first round doesn't get a ton of votes that we can at least try it again for one more time, because after the first spotlight is shared we might see an increase in interest.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    FroggyKarenFroggyKaren Posts: 398 Member
    If we see enough response and interest then it's more likely to be every two months. I really love the story telling here and want to share it with a broader audience but it's also a huge time suck putting this together :D

It was a great resource for me to finding some fantastic stories to read. I did think there were quite a lot though, since several of these I'd bot read before or was not up to date. As a story dabbler and if your trying to involve the less involved it might be more manageable to limit the poll to 3-5 choices every 2 months. After a number of polls you could have you could have a best of the best round where all previous winners are our choices.
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I think the large number of choices is mainly due to the low(ish?) voter turnout - a bunch of stories wound up "tied" in the first round. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    Howdy all! I compiled a list of links to all of the nominees and all of The Sims 4 blogs I could find.
    Here it is: Stories and Legacies

I only included external blogs and not forum based threads.
    If you know of anymore, please let me know.

At some point I will figure out a more interactive and attractive way of sharing all of our blogs, but for now... this will have to do.
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited December 2014
    If you know of anymore, please let me know.

I have a lot in my blog rolls on my blog, but I guess you have many of them already!
    here's a link in case you don't know my blogs, well of course you know I mean, for other people who wanted to check
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    @AkramA
    Thanks. Found a few I didn't have.
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    LorindLorind Posts: 65 Member
    What a hard choice, more than one of my fave writers on here!
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    @Carewren123 I checked out your Ana Pringle story-- albeit quickly for lack of time (I'm doing this forum thing from work) :O

It's beautiful work and a most charming story! Both how you narrate it and the screenshots you posted shows you spent a great deal of time and effort in it. Hats off!! (that is if I wore one)
  • Options
    Ya'll are making this a real horse race!
    Looks like we're fixing for a photo finish!
    Kudos to all and loving it!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Well.... we may not be getting a whole lot more votes yet, but we're getting more views! 1.7k!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    I'm assuming the voting is low because people are avidly reading all the stories and then there will be a mad dash to vote at the last minute :D
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    ImaginingMysticImaginingMystic Posts: 119 Member
    I'm writing up a post right now on the Sims Legacy Challenge website to hopefully let more people know about this. It's a great idea!
    Christina aka ImaginingMystic

Wife of @Pinstar1161 and Community Manager at The Sims Legacy Challenge (http://simslegacychallenge.com)

Also, check out my Youtube channel (http://youtube.com/imaginingmystic) for Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4 Legacy Challenge and Sims 4 Block Party Let's Plays!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @ImaginingMystic Thank you! You are the awesomest of the awesome!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Did the nominees declare they wanted to be part of a contest with their story?
    And what happens with someones joy in writing story's when he or she gets zero votes?
    (don't know if story's are great contest material is what I'm saying I suppose, but if people gave permission it's a different story of course)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @astridentanja‌ To my knowledge, no one protested their nominations. Mostly everyone was proud and happy to be considered.

What happens when someone gets plenty of votes and they still don't win?
    I think one would have to lean on the lessons gained in life experience to process and deal with it personally.

I initially wasn't a fan of the contest because there were featured Simmers in other areas that weren't subjected to a contest.
    If I'm not mistaken.

But it adds a bit of excitement.
    It has also increased our visibility, and strengthened the storytelling community's support of each other.

I just hope that they find a way to continue to feature storyteller's.
    And also share all the ways that Simmers explore and play the game.
  • Options
    And what happens with someones joy in writing story's when he or she gets zero votes?
    (don't know if story's are great contest material is what I'm saying I suppose, but if people gave permission it's a different story of course)

This is a good point. We did not ask permission. If we do this again, we will definitely make that part of the process.
    And good news is that no-one has got zero votes.
    And, it's not really a competition. It's more of a showcase for great stories and some of them will find themselves with an even larger audience, and that's a good thing. I hope you agree.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    ...It's more of a showcase ...
    The floor was opened for nominations in the thread before the thread with the poll thingy in it. I got nominated and that was plenty gratifying all by itsownelf. I nominated a bunch a folks I thought more worthy of the honor for various reasons (and I know I missed a bunch) but I didn't ask any of them if it was cool to do so in advance. Maybe I should've but it never occurred to me.

Nobody's gonna get zero votes, or if they do that'll give 'em nourishing food for thought. Not that there's anything wrong with writing Simfic solely for popularity points but if that's someone's thing, they gotta work for it! lol!

This was just something SimGuruBChick came up with to help highlight something she (presumably) likes about the game and the game's community. It's like a first draft. If the idea survives this first round, it can only get better.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    UtopiaUtopia Posts: 164 Member
    I was thrilled to come across this thread. Ask @thesims to add it to the tweet list. It will reach more people then. Also, how about a front page ad with a link? I've always loved great Sims stories to read, and found some great ones thanks to this.
    Mysticalmaid
    <3 Tweet me @samwitts2 <3
  • Options
    Voting is now closed. And the Winner, by just 2 votes, is....

The Goofy Legacy Challenge - https://cathytea.wordpress.com/table-of-contents-the-goofy-love-legacy/

Congratulations to everyone who participated, everyone who voted, and, more importantly, everyone who took time to read these amazing stories. And, of course, all the talented players who created these stories in the first place.

We will be contacting the author and, hopefully, you will get to see their blog post in the first quarter of the New Year.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top