Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enough of the Hot-Dog Costume!

2...Next

Comments

• NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Tiipii wrote: »
    I am having similar issue as @NoWayJose527 but with a different outfit: two of my sims are appearing in the parks wearing the "hobo" outfits (=the ones worn by the sims you find always sleeping in the park). I certainly did not give them those outfits! When I came into their households during my rotation, they wearing these messy clothes, but after I changed them back to their ordinary outfits, I could not find those other outfits in their wardrobe. <br />
    <br />
    Neither of the sims had any jobs at that point, so it's not job related. The only common thing they have is that they both have the insane trait. So, maybe that somehow explains this strange behaviour.<br />
    <br />
    But why does the game give some sims these strange clothes when my sims are "unplayable", I don't know.

Insane sims are given the hobo outfits. Really poor choice there, Ea

I also believe the clown and hot-dog costumes are from the goofy trait not sure though.

Yep, that's it. Olanda has the goofball trait, and so does Edgar. They're the ones running around in the hot-dog suits. Mystery solved!

• DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    That's the exact reason I didn't buy the deluxe edition. I hate that hot dog costume with a passion. I'm really not sure why EA decided we needed it again. They must think it's endlessly funny, because it was in Sims 3, too.

Same. I liked the look of that strobe light thing that came with it as well but it just isn't worth it if I have to have "that" stupid costume in my game. It's bad enough being forced to have the Star Wars content - I mean it was free so I can't really complain about it too much but I do wish there was a way to toggle off these absurd outfits.
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    > @LovelyMelody said:
    > Insane sims are given the hobo outfits. Really poor choice there, Ea
    > I also believe the clown and hot-dog costumes are from the goofy trait not sure though.

Thanks for explaining the matter, @LovelyMelody. I can understand if townies wear something according to their traits, but why on earth put playables in these outfits! I think playables should be left alone.
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Still no idea, what is it for? this stupid costumes? Where my sim going to wear that? I hate when they add like that clothes >:)
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Tiipii wrote: »
    > @LovelyMelody said:<br />
    > Insane sims are given the hobo outfits. Really poor choice there, Ea<br />
    > I also believe the clown and hot-dog costumes are from the goofy trait not sure though.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks for explaining the matter, @LovelyMelody. I can understand if townies wear something according to their traits, but why on earth put playables in these outfits! I think playables should be left alone.

I so agree with you. Playables are MY sims, not EA's.

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    This happened to me a few weeks after the game was released. My sim went to the Blue Velvet and THREE townies showed up wearing hot dog costumes. It was weird. I thought there was a hot dog convention in town. One of the townies was kink of cute, and my sim started up a conversation with him. Well, that same townie kept showing up to the Blue Velvet wearing the hot dog, and I kind of got used to it. Pretty soon he moved in. He's not insane, he's ambitious, glutton, geek. He became a writer and recently payed to have the entire yard turn into swimming pool. Don't judge a sim by it's silly costume.