Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to start: Cannot start because the required game data is missing or damaged (SOLVED)

13...Next

Comments

• PupTheSimmerPupTheSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    @rosemow

Nope. I don't think you can help me any more, thanks for trying, though. :/
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited December 2017
  • Gloomy_estGloomy_est Posts: 1 New Member
    This is an old forum but I just wanted to say that the 50/50 method worked for me. :smile: I have over 800 cc items so it was a much easier way to find the problem.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Gloomy_est wrote: »
    This is an old forum but I just wanted to say that the 50/50 method worked for me. :smile: I have over 800 cc items so it was a much easier way to find the problem.

Hello @Gloomy_est Welcome to the forums! :)
    It is good that you were able to find the cause of your issues,
  • kitkat150kitkat150 Posts: 1 New Member
    hey, ive just wanted to ask if anyone has a solution to this because nothing has helped me. my game works fine without mods but i prefer playing with them. the message "unable to start because game data is missing or damaged" pops up everytime when i have one mod that i use to test. ive tried downloaing a lot of different mods, but the same message pops up with absolutely any single mod. i have repaired the game through origin, deleted cache, moved my mods to folder to desktop, uninstalled the game through origin, uninstalled the game completely and placed sims 4 and origin as exceptions to my antiviruses. it seems i have tried absolutely everything ive seen on the internet that people have suggested, if anyone could help me and possibly solve this is would be really grateful, thankyou.
  • aturner4christaturner4christ Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey @leckyloo320 . I found out something that might work. My game was doing the same thing and I repaired it over and over again but nothing seemed to work. I was so worried about losing all my CC, (I have hundreds) and didn't want to go through and check all of them. Then I checked my Electronic Arts folder. Click on Sims 4 and mods. If oyu have any of TSR (the sims resource) some of them may be archived. Delete all of them and then delete the folder. It's not you had the CC anyways. Then start up origin again and you should be able to play the game! I hope this helps!Q
  • birkiinsbirkiins Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having this problem but nothing here is helping me because I just downloaded the sims 4 and I didn’t start playing the game yet and when I tried to open it it said that
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    birkiins wrote: »
    I’m having this problem but nothing here is helping me because I just downloaded the sims 4 and I didn’t start playing the game yet and when I tried to open it it said that

This is the wrong area for help for you. This area is for people who are already playing and are using mods to enhance their game. For issues with a brand new game that you haven't even played yet, go here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

That link is listed under Help Center on the main categories page of the forum.