Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think the DEVS actually PLAY this game?

13...Next

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

Those were really touching first world problems.
    But sadly there's much truth in it. I posted this so you guys get a better understanding for our position.
    It's certainly an eyeopener.
    I can imagine they don't play it the way we do by the way.
    They all should be married to someone who does though...

Haha a simmer dating service? Lol
    Lol, something like that.
    (I'm happily married myself so it's no option to head off to San Francisco and give it a shot :p )
    5JZ57S6.png
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Haha @astridentanja you did make me smile with that post! :smile:

I think they do play, even if it's not to the extent most simmers do. It's entirely possible the team doesn't have ex very example of play style in the office-that may be why some seem cut from this version. It's hard to see the wood for the trees when you work hard on something. You can get tunnel vision. It's not a criticism-it's a naturally occurring situation. That's why it helps to have advisors who fall into another style. Because they can communicate effectively what draws them and keeps them with the sims.
    edited December 2014
    Haha @astridentanja you did make me smile with that post! :smile:

I think they do play, even if it's not to the extent most simmers do. It's entirely possible the team doesn't have ex very example of play style in the office-that may be why some seem cut from this version. It's hard to see the wood for the trees when you work hard on something. You can get tunnel vision. It's not a criticism-it's a naturally occurring situation. That's why it helps to have advisors who fall into another style. Because they can communicate effectively what draws them and keeps them with the sims.
    I agree. No, that's no criticism, because I think it works like that in any line of business. The tunnel vision thing ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2014
    I think they do, but in a limited fashion. It's hard to enjoy something though, when you're looking for bugs.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I think they do, but in a limited fashion. It's hard to enjoy something though, when you're looking for bugs.
    I don't know how looking for bugs works, it takes a while before you come across one as a player.
    I never understood the - never fixed - cave bug in IP. That one is so obvious, how did they miss that..?!
    - Real testing should be done by real players I think. People who know what the game is about, trying it out at home in their own time and environment (not focussed on 'does it work does it work' but just playing). But maybe that's not possible.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2014
    They play for testing purposes only and even that is rushed with cheats. Other than that there is no time for playing. I don't blame them on that. I am a developer myself and the least we have is time.
    Also you should not confuse developers with managers! Developers have no say what we get. They make suggestions but the only things they can DECIDE is how a game ticks under the hood. Anything else is decided by the management.

I like what you said the other day about how you could no longer just play a game but you saw the ins and outs of stuff (forgive my noob wording, lol) where as someone like me sees the magic of games (to me) and I don't see a set of code to do this or that like a programmer would view a game if they played it. This made me realize if they 'do' play the game then they aren't looking, nor playing like we would. Those of us who are not wise to this what made the Sim do that, so this would trigger that sort of thing. (You explained it much better...obviously)

I can not imagine playing games then not really playing but just seeing triggers etc. That would really remove the magic for me and glad I don't really know all that much of why the Sim did this or that, ;) So, your thoughts the other day made me realize yes, that must be how it would be for programmers if they do play the games. And to me that wouldn't be any fun at all. So, I don't blame them if they really don't play after one is finished and or at least packaged and ready to sell.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited December 2014
    I actually don't mind sims 4. It's really good in my opinion.
    Edit: Oh and they probably do play it.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012