Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think the DEVS actually PLAY this game?

or they just doing it for the money, because honestly , they never talk to us.

and if you delete this u show that you dont care about us

Comments

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    With the way they're handling it, I'd say no.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    There's three threads made on this, probably in error, so just FYI they probably will delete two of them. :D

As to the question, yes I think they do. But I sincerely doubt anyone higher up than the Devs do.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    hmmm...they get paid to develop games, soooo.....
  • windchime00windchime00 Posts: 294 Member
    I'm sure they do.
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 166 Member
    I don't think theyre amused playing the sims like at all! they just care about the $$$$$
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    Devs? Yeah, probably a bit with nausea in the pit of their stomachs. I imagine it'd be like eating sausage at the sausage factory that you work at.

Does the upper EA hierarchy play? Well... hmmm. Do you think the Walton billionaires shop at Wal-mart?
    Smitty wrote: »
    I don't think theyre amused playing the sims like at all! they just care about the $$$$$

They care about having a job. And the most likely way to continue having that job is to meet the demands of their bosses, regardless of the quality of work put out. I think the devs DO want a good game, I'm willing to bet they wanted the game to be a LOT better than it is now. But guess what - they were given time constraints by and must answer to the higher ups at EA.

I think the game is decent but not great. I think it could have been much better than it currently is. But I don't blame the devs for it not being. Their hands are tied with certain decisions and must do what they're told.

You want to look at people who just care about the money , it's the people who are giving them hard deadlines and made them rebuild a game engine in 18 months from an engine they worked three years on. That would be CEO's, CFOs, stockholders, board of directors, but not the devs.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    they get paid theyre money, so they dont care about making us miserable with this game!!!
    edited December 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

They care about having a job. And the most likely way to continue having that job is to meet the demands of their bosses, regardless of the quality of work put out. I think the devs DO want a good game, I'm willing to bet they wanted the game to be a LOT better than it is now. But guess what - they were given time constraints by and must answer to the higher ups at EA.

I think the game is decent but not great. I think it could have been much better than it currently is. But I don't blame the devs for it not being. Their hands are tied with certain decisions and must do what they're told.

You want to look at people who just care about the money , it's the people who are giving them hard deadlines and made them rebuild a game engine in 18 months from an engine they worked three years on. That would be CEO's, CFOs, stockholders, board of directors, but not the devs.

well shame on them for making us all miserable and only wanting our money :rage:
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited December 2014
    They play for testing purposes only and even that is rushed with cheats. Other than that there is no time for playing. I don't blame them on that. I am a developer myself and the least we have is time.
    Also you should not confuse developers with managers! Developers have no say what we get. They make suggestions but the only things they can DECIDE is how a game ticks under the hood. Anything else is decided by the management.
    This space is for rent.
    Okay, well, I see you're convinced of that. To each their own.... :D
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Well they did show us a gameplay footage when they announced the game on E3. And I think that was it lmao
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    They play for testing purposes only and even that is rushed with cheats. Other than that there is no time for playing. I don't blame them on that. I am a developer myself and the least we have is time.
    Also you should not confuse developers with managers! Developers have no say what we get. They make suggestions but the only things they can DECIDE is how a game ticks under the hood. Anything else is decided by the management.

so they are paid their money, who cares if the people who pay them are unhappy :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Yes.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    :rage:
    Raaaaaageeeee
    edited December 2014
    I think someone needs a hug.

barney.jpg
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »

so they are paid their money, who cares if the people who pay them are unhappy :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
    If you talk about the management then I agree with you but I know the devs can do better than that and I think they are as unhappy as we are but alas it's not in their hands. They all want to keep their jobs and dare someone tells in public what's really going on behind the curtain. Have you noticed the frozen smiles of the Sims representatives on the broadcasts (Nardone, Rodiek, Bradshaw and the like)?

This space is for rent.
  • Plumbobmad3Plumbobmad3 Posts: 153 Member
    I think many of them do, yes. I don't think they'd be developing a game which they don't have interest in. Being an inspired developer myself, I know I wouldn't want to be working on a game I don't care about. You could bring money into this, theorizing that they're only in it for the money. Though isn't that what jobs are for? Earning money? I'm not necessarily defending all the devs, we know that this game isn't perfect. It isn't what we wanted and it let most of us down. But I'm sure some developers on this team worked their butts off, and they had a vision of a sims game that would give us some wow factor. I do believe some of the devs really care about where the game goes, and they play it like their fans. Devs aren't robots (well most of them aren't anyway, least I hope not), there does need to be appreciation for hard work. For instance when I'm a developer on a game in which I genuinely care about and want to succeed, it would suck to see the fans saying that ALL the team didn't work hard enough or they're a terrible dev just because you didn't get what you wanted as a player. But taking that job as a developer, you're made to understand and acknowledge your mistakes.

Which a lot of the sims team needs to do, they need to acknowledge that this game isn't 100%. I know it's in base game stages right now, which is why it does have some potential. It still has time to fix itself, though we have to understand that some things which we want in the game won't happen. It's sad, but true. Toddlers for example are a possibility, but I don't see it happening. The game is (I believe) focused and based on young adults. The game has it's limits, which we can already see at this point. Loading screens will always remain in the game, they can't possibly remove them.

With potential in mind, future EP's will bring more worlds and new things to do which will actually make loading screens worth the time. I remember with TS2 and TS3 base games, I got bored very quickly. Even with toddlers, though I can't say the same for family players who love to have family trees and various life stages in their game. I want to say that this game still has a chance, we as fans do get impatient and we need to give the devs truthful and honest criticism where it's needed.

(Sorry rant over)
    "I really ought to do something! ... though I am already in my pyjamas."

spider.gif

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    They have to know if what they had created is going to work or not. So I would assume that they do play the game to some degree. If they play the game on their own time or not is another question altogether. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    If they don't play their game, what do they do for fun?

barney.jpg
    No! You've leaked the next expansion pack after the alien stuff!

"Hurr durr! Rockets are cool!"
    "Hurr durr! Dinosaurs are cool!"
    I love this EP. Much better than mermaids
    If they don't play their game, what do they do for fun?

barney.jpg
    No! You've leaked the next expansion pack after the alien stuff!

"Hurr durr! Rockets are cool!"
    "Hurr durr! Dinosaurs are cool!"

I think the word a certain guru uses is "awesome"....

If they released a Barney EP I would drop the series like a hot potato. There are some things you just can't come back from....
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Are you trying to be funny because the given the amount of issues and other stuff it was always about money.A true Sim player would never have let this version be released.
    edited December 2014
    ^Are YOU trying to be funny?