Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please unrestrict career objects when in edit town mode

So we can use these objects when building community lots eg if an aquarium is a career object that has to be unlocked it shouldn't be locked if you want to place it on a community lot.

The rose in a vase is currently locked so I can't for example place it on a community or generic lot. Please make these objects unlockable on communoty and generic lots.

Comments

• georgeishungrygeorgeishungry Posts: 94 Member
    Yes, I second this. Also what about having them unlocked in residential lots too, but maybe for double the price, then you get the discount after unlocking it?
    SMagazine is a magazine all about design and inspiration in The Sims, full of your creations, tips and interviews with people in the community (even SimGurus from time to time!)

smagazineofficial.co.uk
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd like once you have a Sim unlock an item, it's unlocked for every Sim within that save -- so when one of my Sims finished the Oracle career and got the cool computer, it should be unlocked so my other families can buy it as well. It get tedious repeating careers like Culinary so my families can get the industrial counters, or Artist to get the good quality easels. I'm working on getting every career completed, so once I've done that I'm going to install the mod that unlocks everything.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I agree. The rose vase in particular is silly. It makes an excellent table decoration for a bistro or wedding venue. Many of these rewards are actually of less use/value than what you can purchase, so it really makes no sense to block them.

I also agree with @stilljustme2. Sometimes, for whatever reason, I hate playing through a particular career yet still like the objects earned. I slogged through it once. Please don't make me do so gain! Okay, slog is a strong word, but you know how it feels when you must repeatedly do something you don't like to do--sort of like being forced to eat spinach/brussles sprouts/chocolate/liver/whatever you hate.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited December 2014
    I already have the mod that unlocks everything. I disliked the idea of locked items. It was one of the first mods I searched for and downloaded. (I peek at birthday and Christmas presents too!)
    I'm giving myself the challenge of earning everything once -- the mod is my reward. :) Then I can go for jobs because I really want to, rather than because I have to in order to get a desired item.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I don't want to have to download a mod for this feature. Please add it Maxis. I've already had to download cc so my sims can celebrate christmas.
    I'm holding off on the CC till I see what exactly we get in the December patch; I'm hoping for enough that it won't be necessary (I'd be happy with just a lit tree, some wreaths for the windows, a couple of wrapped gifts, and stockings to hang on the wall or fireplace).
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm holding off on the CC till I see what exactly we get in the December patch; I'm hoping for enough that it won't be necessary (I'd be happy with just a lit tree, some wreaths for the windows, a couple of wrapped gifts, and stockings to hang on the wall or fireplace).

Well I cross my fingers your right. I'd still love a holiday set from Maxis. I hope the tree has a lot of lights on it.