Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Photography

allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Something I never played with in the sims 3 until recently was photography and I have to say I actually really liked it since I'm always taking screenshots in game anyway. But for 4 I have a little different approach I'd like them to take on it.

- I'd like to see it as a career where you could be either a photographic journalist or family photographer(I'm sure there are better names for the branches).

- I would like for us to be able to hire photographers for weddings and birthday parties that way our sims could remember these special moments. By ordering prints in varying sizes after the event to display on the walls or tabletops.

- Some of the unlockable objects could be different types of cameras, with and without tripods as well as clutter decor like film rolls and dark room decor. To be able to develop our own photos would be a huge bonus to this skill as well!

- Furniture and props of course for taking family pictures would be ideal so when you want to have the pictures taken just stage it as you wish, hire a photographer and have your sims pose for the picture by clicking on the furniture, poses could be decided by traits and or emotions.

So what do you all think? Any ideas to add let me know in the comments and I can keep adding to the post!
- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
alliesim02
The Scott Legacy

Comments

• MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    @allisoneg02:

I love your ideas, especially the photographer for weddings! Great :)
    It would be cool if when your a journalist it had a similar job system to The Sims 3 Ambitions. I think it would be cool if you chose what to take pictures off, so say if two Sims were kissing then you could take a picture of them and then you could send it off to your boss and then in the papers the next day it could mention about love affairs and your Sims picture would also be there!

Just a simple idea, but I think something like that would be quite cool. :)
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    Oh I like that! Kind of like a tabloid dishing out the latest gossip! lol Would go well in a night life expansion where we could be our own paparazzi and stalk the celebrities in town!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yes, those ideas would really add gameplay I think!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    > @allisoneg02 said:
    > Oh I like that! Kind of like a tabloid dishing out the latest gossip! lol Would go well in a night life expansion where we could be our own paparazzi and stalk the celebrities in town!

At first when I read somewhere that Sims "could find things when out in the world", I though it was gossip related, like "your wife is having an affair with ...", lol. A way to spread gossip would be nice, I like drama in my game.
  • Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    I like these ideas.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah I need wedding photos, a family portrait and some prom pics
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    I'd love for prom to come back but maybe as an actual event we could throw ourselves that way it wouldn't be overly repetitive for those who don't want to do it for every teen they have. That way we could also have a little more control on whether or not our teens became prom king/queen and if they ended up falling for someone at the dance or not. I can't tell you how many times in the sims 3 my teens came home and were going steady with a random townie!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    I'd love for prom to come back but maybe as an actual event we could throw ourselves that way it wouldn't be overly repetitive for those who don't want to do it for every teen they have. That way we could also have a little more control on whether or not our teens became prom king/queen and if they ended up falling for someone at the dance or not. I can't tell you how many times in the sims 3 my teens came home and were going steady with a random townie!

Yeah I'd recreate the hotel my school had our prom, well just the ballroom and garden area. I'd love to do my own school events since my stories are focused around Teenagers.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    edited December 2014
    I like your ideas and would like to add on poses. I would like default poses regardless of trait or emotion, so we don't have to download mods to get that perfect shot. It would be great for storytellers.
    I was thinking they should add in a few neutral poses as well. I really like a lot of the shots you can get of your family in the gallery and I even made my legacy families into a Christmas card but I'd love to have these options available in game without having to use photoshop and such.
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    Yes please - more options would be great. There is only a few to choose from and it would be great to have some natural poses also
    oh and a graduation party (High School)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood: