Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bringing back self employment...

I just wanted to make a quick suggestion to the simgurus to add in the ability for our sims to be self employed. Sims 4 sims can be painters, writers and gardeners, but there isn't an option for them to be self employed in these activities. I miss that option from the Sims 3. I thought that since they are patching in two older careers into Sims 4 this month, that these would be a good time to mention self employed careers.

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I support you on this. It gives more options and especially to sandbox fans :smile:
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Entrepreneurship versions of the jobs would be nice. So nice idea.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Agreed! I liked the self employed feature of TS3. I prefer active careers.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited December 2014
    Would love to have this back. Also how about the self employed daycare career from The Sims 3 as well?
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Would love to have this back. Also how about the self employed daycare career from The Sims 3 as well?

Like in TS3? I'd like that back as well. The one thing I felt was missing though was that I wished I could switch households and have my other parents drop their kids off at the daycare too.

• Leeda618Leeda618 Posts: 1 New Member
    I love this as a second job in the home. Please bring it back.
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    Yes agreed. This was very handy for me to make my sims money while taking care of a big family so they didn't need to leave the home.
  • AnarayneAnarayne Posts: 47 Member
    > @sparkfairy1 said:
    > I support you on this. It gives more options and especially to sandbox fans :smile:

Agree, would be very nice indeed!
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I'd love the self-employed feature to come back as well.
  • Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    I absolutely would love a work-from-home job/career. Especially when I play a single parent household.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I hope that they bring it back too. I used that more than anything.

Maybe it will come back when we get the consignment shops. Right now selling to collector or art gallery isn't as fun as going to the store and consigning.
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    I agree.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Hi :D

Hope everybody as had a great weekend B)

I would love to see an open for business expansion pack for the Sims 4 :smiley:

Self employed I would love to <3

I think both family and work related game-play is badly needed in the Sims 4 :\

I just find the careers really boring :\ but i love all the skills <3

It would be nice to see careers opened up a little like in the Sims 3 ambitions to <3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    It would be fun to play teens working in stores and such to :D
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    It would be fun to play teens working in stores and such to :D

I agree. It would be neat to see our teen sims with unique jobs that fit their age, I always wanted my active teen sims to be able to work as a babysitter or paper delivery, but it would be neat to have our teens work in a store too.
  • simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Shearsy wrote: »
    Yes agreed. This was very handy for me to make my sims money while taking care of a big family so they didn't need to leave the home.

OMG Love your siggy
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited December 2014
    I really want self-employed careers too. Once they had a good number of them in TS3, I rarely ever bothered with the rabbit-hole type careers. The writer, artist and such in TS4 were disappointing to me, as they are all 'rabbit-hole' send your Sim off to limbo careers.

The one issue I can see with implementing self-employed careers in TS4 is that you can't control multiple Sims and swap between them on different lots. You can swap between Sims, but any that aren't on the lot you're currently playing go into an AI 'maintenance mode' that really doesn't do much of use, IMO. I want to be able to queue up actions, flip to a roomie or family member on a different lot, do things, go back and have the first Sim having worked through the queue. But . . . well, maybe someday. (It wouldn't require actively simulating all of the Sims in the world, as with an open world -- just all of the Sims in the current household, and any NPCs on the active lot.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Self-employment is absolutely vital IMHO, at least to the point of offering a number of work-from-home options. I'm fed up with my sims disappearing off the lot to go to work and becoming unplayable. Working from home would help to solve that problem. My main sim is a novelist, but I made her resign from her job as soon as she reached the top of her career, so that she could spend more time at home (in any case, what writer works from an office in RL?) She can still write and sell her books, which is okay, but her career is not recognised by the game and there are no challenges or incentives for her any more, which is sad.