Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHY?

2...Next

Comments

• SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    I am sorry if some people have taken offence by my use of the word "ranting". I was actually using a word that a previous poster had used and put it into quotes to show that it was not a word that i would normally use. It was not my intent to upset or offend.

People here have very passionate opinions and often share them in a loud and passionate manner. That kind become very heated on both sides of the debate and good ideas can become lost in a sea of passionate discussion. We were hoping that having a separate ideas thread would allow the ideas to shine through.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Pretty much I've been using feedback of old Sims 1, Sims 2, and Sims 3 I miss and would like back in Sims 4. Ideas, I try to come up with new ideas and expansion of things like an extended story line for the classic Sims. For example, how Nina and Dina got alien in their bloodline.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited December 2014
    I am sorry if some people have taken offence by my use of the word "ranting". I was actually using a word that a previous poster had used and put it into quotes to show that it was not a word that i would normally use. It was not my intent to upset or offend.

People here have very passionate opinions and often share them in a loud and passionate manner. That kind become very heated on both sides of the debate and good ideas can become lost in a sea of passionate discussion. We were hoping that having a separate ideas thread would allow the ideas to shine through.

Thanks for clarifying it simgurubchick i did think it was from quoting the other poster. I'm sorry if I brought some misunderstanding about it. I do feel that you're wanting to work with fans to make them all peaceable and happy. I just didn't want that to be misunderstood or misconstrued. So im glad you clarified it.

I thought the same as well lol that good ideas get lost in a sea of passion so im glad the forums look more organized it's a whole lot better. I see dev's started moving threads too. That is equally great.

Thank you so much for being understanding.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited December 2014
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Don't forget that FEEDBACK can be positive too! How about having a negative feedback category and a positive feedback category?
    "Negative" feedback can be positive if it helps to change things for the better.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/sims-4-producer-wants-players-keep-yelling-us-online-ea-listening-1702211

This space is for rent.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    What @colton147 said. Very often some great ideas get buried in threads dominated by people "ranting" about the game. Hoping this will help separate out the two very different types of feedback.

Does this mean we'll be getting Justine Keaton in a future expansion pack? I'm sorry, I just have to ask.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @SimGuruBChick, I apologize as I was unaware someone had said ranting and you were only reiterating what they had said. I overlooked the 'quotations'. My bad, have a great day! Forgive my initial knee jerk. :#
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member

Ever feel like you can't win for losing? IPassionate is a better word choice. People are passionate on all sides of the fence: happy, disappointed, in-between, over the top and underground and...um...maybe L-space. I get confused when we start talking about 4th dimensions.

Things will settle down once people get used to the new look and know where they can find things. (The move made any bookmarks (stars) disappear. I had to go searching for a few threads myself.)

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Actually I still think this is a good idea (last time I wrote something like that someone lolled me, really don't know why because I mean it ;)). I hope it will mean the general forum will be more for people who just like playing the game and share their thoughts about it. This won't necessarily be a 'ranting' section, but the criticism and more negative thoughts can be shared here. As long as you take them seriously - and I'm under the impression you do - that's fine. Better even. Forum wise I mean.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Don't forget that FEEDBACK can be positive too! How about having a negative feedback category and a positive feedback category?
    Those two will always mingle and that's fine. As long as everyone is polite about it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I don't understand why they have to separate them either. This forum is slow enough as it is. It just gives more headaches switching between forum sections.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    I don't understand why they have to separate them either. This forum is slow enough as it is. It just gives more headaches switching between forum sections.

Yes, but do you notice there is a lot less fighting in the General Forum now?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited December 2014
    I guess too many fangirls and boys have complained about us "haterz" (or "borderline trolls", that's what I have read somewhere else). Now they can worship the game without "negative" interference. *rolleyes*

This space is for rent.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes, but do you notice there is a lot less fighting in the General Forum now?

It was calming down anyway. Instead of splitting everyone up like children people should have been required to behave better or go elsewhere.