Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happiest Moments

MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
Hi, I was just curious to know what everyone's happiest moment was from either their adulthood or their childhood. I'll share mine:

My happiest moment was a few years ago, it was before I was diagnosed with Autism. My gran and grampy celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and the whole family was invited. And as my mum as three two sisters and two brothers it was a pretty packed event. Everyone was happy and was laughing, this was before my gran got cancer and Alzheimer's and this was before my grampy died of asbestos poisoning! Everyone was happy and if I could I would just have frozen time there and then. Another happy moment was the end of 2011, December just a few months before my grampy died. We all had a Christmas meal in Keynsham, and that was a nice even as well, though it was the last time I saw my grampy and the last time I saw my gran happy.

Both of those events have stayed with me, and personally I wish I had had the chance to have more great meals with my grandparents.

I hope you can share some happy memories too. :)

Comments

• Options
    ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    whenever i listen to Justin Bieber
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I always tell my son, he's almost 22, that if I could go back for a few moments it would be the moment I first met him. The nurses put him in my arms and he was tiny and had a lot of hair. He had been crying but in my arms he promptly fell asleep. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is very special memories that you have of your grandparents 50th wedding anniversary, and of your Christmastime meal in 2011. They sound like lovely, happy and special times where your family gathered together. You will always treasure remembering these special times. :)
  • Options
    It is a lovely memory that you have of the first time that you saw your new dear little son @minov39 :) It is a very precious and beautiful time to remember.
  • Options
    mlnov39:

That sounds like a really nice memory. Like you just said, if I could go back I'd go back to that 50th wedding anniversary meal. Those were good times and I wish we had had more like them.

Your memory sounded really nice.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    I dont know if it was the happiest moment of my childhood but it was absolutely unreal . When my family was on vacation in the Bahamas i met Magic Johnson . We had just sat down to eat lunch when i saw him and ran over
  • Options
    I dont know if it was the happiest moment of my childhood but it was absolutely unreal . When my family was on vacation in the Bahamas i met Magic Johnson . We had just sat down to eat lunch when i saw him and ran over

That sounds like a nice memory as well. It's a very rare moment, but I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    When i met you
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    When i met you

:D
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    When I first talked to him :heart_eyes:
  • Options
    When I first talked to him :heart_eyes:

That's great, thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    My happy moment was when I saved a kitten. She was born in 1992 in Mississippi. I got her from a guy who brought her into the vet clinic to be put to sleep. Why? She was the runt of a litter of house cat/ bobcat hybrids, that he'd sell for big money. Luckily, I was working at the clinic that day. As a kennel tech. I mainly cleaned out the animal cages, and walked the dogs. I was told to take her into the back to be put to sleep later in the day. As I took her back, I felt a great sadness for her. She was just old enough to stop drinking mama cat's milk and was about to die just for being too little! Nothing else! She wasn't sick or deformed - just too little! Luckily, I was able to catch the guy and BEGGED him - tears included - if I could have her. He agreed with the condition of her being spayed. Not only was I grateful he gave her to me, but also he was humane enough to bring her into the clinic - instead of killing her himself! I was also grateful that I was working that day, and also that I was able to catch him before he drove away! Since she had the bobcat in her, I ended up naming her Bobbie. Just last year (2013) I was forced to put her to sleep. She had developed a breathing problem and after 21 years, I knew she wouldn't survive a surgery. I held her little paw as the vet put her to sleep. She had given me the best 21 years, so I knew it was time. It was 21 years ago I saved her, and she gave me the best 21 years, so that moment was Bobbie's moment. I still think fondly of her. I've had other cats before, but Bobbie was special somehow. She may not be in my arms, but she is always in my heart.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    InnuendoPlumbobInnuendoPlumbob Posts: 140 Member
    When I finally met Lady Gaga in person

200_s.gif
  • Options
    Sounds awesome. I bet it was an experience that you will never forget.
  • Options
    HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    A happy moment for me was when I went to Disneyworld for the 2nd time (1st time was horrible). I had a lot of fun even if I had some sad moments while I was there. What really thrilled me is the fact that I somehow convinced my brother to line up with the little girls to ask for the fairies' autographs, he got cold feet in the end :lol:
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing that with us :)
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    My happy moment was when I saved a kitten. She was born in 1992 in Mississippi. I got her from a guy who brought her into the vet clinic to be put to sleep. Why? She was the runt of a litter of house cat/ bobcat hybrids, that he'd sell for big money. Luckily, I was working at the clinic that day. As a kennel tech. I mainly cleaned out the animal cages, and walked the dogs. I was told to take her into the back to be put to sleep later in the day. As I took her back, I felt a great sadness for her. She was just old enough to stop drinking mama cat's milk and was about to die just for being too little! Nothing else! She wasn't sick or deformed - just too little! Luckily, I was able to catch the guy and BEGGED him - tears included - if I could have her. He agreed with the condition of her being spayed. Not only was I grateful he gave her to me, but also he was humane enough to bring her into the clinic - instead of killing her himself! I was also grateful that I was working that day, and also that I was able to catch him before he drove away! Since she had the bobcat in her, I ended up naming her Bobbie. Just last year (2013) I was forced to put her to sleep. She had developed a breathing problem and after 21 years, I knew she wouldn't survive a surgery. I held her little paw as the vet put her to sleep. She had given me the best 21 years, so I knew it was time. It was 21 years ago I saved her, and she gave me the best 21 years, so that moment was Bobbie's moment. I still think fondly of her. I've had other cats before, but Bobbie was special somehow. She may not be in my arms, but she is always in my heart.

That was beautiful, she was meant to be yours. :'(

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member

What a beautiful story!
    I'm sorry you had to put Bobbie down, I know what that's like. :cry: I just recently rescued a kitty.. She only has three legs, she got ran over and they had to amputate it. But that doesn't slow her down any. She's a miracle. Her name is Lucky :smile: I saw her picture on facebook on our Humane society's page, I looked at her and something inside me told me that I was meant to have her. Its funny how our gut tells us things like that.
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    No more school! Yipee!
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options

It is so very special that you were able to save the kitten, and then she in return brought so much specialness into your life. It was sad that you had to put her to sleep last year, but also beautiful that you were able to hold her paw and be with her as she passed away. Just as you said, she will always be in your heart and thoughts.
  • Options

What a beautiful story!
    I'm sorry you had to put Bobbie down, I know what that's like. :cry: I just recently rescued a kitty.. She only has three legs, she got ran over and they had to amputate it. But that doesn't slow her down any. She's a miracle. Her name is Lucky :smile: I saw her picture on facebook on our Humane society's page, I looked at her and something inside me told me that I was meant to have her. Its funny how our gut tells us things like that.

It is very nice that you were able to rescue Lucky @jbreland1230 :) She sounds a very special kitten. She sounds like she was meant to become a part of your family. It is sad that she got run over and needed to have her leg amputate, and at the same I am glad that it doesn't stop her from enjoying her life.
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Actually I am already a working adult, its been years now since graduating highschool but it is one of my happiest moments. Though I plan to study college this coming year. :)
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    @AnnePlays: Congratulations on graduating from high school :D