Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

only one thing I hate about sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    The hair
    Why there are some modders and cc creators that make much better textured hair, I mean come on even sims 2's hairs were more textured and even animated, the hair in ts4 look like a big leaf stuck on their heads with a glue
    I love the EA skintones in the game they're much better and realistic than EA's ones in ts3 but the only thing that keeps sims from looking great is the HAIR :/
    Funny, their hair is about the only thing I do like about them.
    Hair in Sims 2 looks terrible by the way and as far as I understand it, it only was animated in CAS (which is great but that's not the place where you play the game).
    To me it's the faces (and particularly the gymnastic eyebrows :() that are putting me off. Their skin in the game looks worse than vanilla S3 skin (granted, playing highest quality). This is what they look like in my game (also highest quality):

Sims_zps17b64777.png

I really fail to see what's so great about their skintones because to me it looks flat and dull.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Sims_zps17b64777.png

I really fail to see what's so great about their skintones because to me it looks flat and dull.

Those look very good.

It is strange you chose to take pictures mid-action. It feels like you were trying to get bad pictures.

The sims, however, look very distinct from one another and some are really beautiful.

This picture reminded me of of a leap these sims are over the pudding faces and dead eyes.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I think the hair looks great! But then I also like the "figurine" kind of look in games. CC hair scares me... ;____; Anything CC, scares me actually! CC sims looks really unatural!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    I think the hair looks great! But then I also like the "figurine" kind of look in games. CC hair scares me... ;____; Anything CC, scares me actually! CC sims looks really unatural!

Annabelle-esque, even.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I like the hair, am hoping that they add more hair styles in the future pks, and stuff. I like the looks of the sims. CAS is really good, no sims look alike. can make some really nice sims.
  • InnuendoPlumbobInnuendoPlumbob Posts: 140 Member
    > @graventhe said:
    > The hair
    > Why there are some modders and cc creators that make much better textured hair, I mean come on even sims 2's hairs were more textured and even animated, the hair in ts4 look like a big leaf stuck on their heads with a glue
    > I love the EA skintones in the game they're much better and realistic than EA's ones in ts3 but the only thing that keeps sims from looking great is the HAIR :/

Yes, I agree. They look like Play Doh dolls.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I really love the stylized look of the hair in Sims 4. Sure, it's a different art style than we're used to, based on previous games. I know when I first saw it I was like oh, this is interesting. But I think it works really well with the game and I actually like it a lot more than Sims 3. I'm sure it's a little too "cartoony" for some people, but I feel it's pretty well balanced. Yeah, there are some hair styles that I wish were styled differently, or laid differently on my Sims' heads but overall the stylized art of the game is really nice.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Has anyone looked at TS4 hair in wire-frame? I haven't, but I always assumed it was like that so that it used less meshes/surfaces - ie the 'style' was basically facilitating rendering.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    One of the things I expected from this game is the ability for us to create our own hairstyles. Same way like how CC creators make them or possibly the easiest way to do that.

Shame that this demo isn't much of an improvement as I thought it was many months ago. Probably years during TS3's era.
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited December 2014
    I just assume that the hair is always stiff because they all went out on a date with Ben Stiller.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I like the hair. I'm very picky about my CC. It has to match the style of the game. Unfortunately for me, I've seen far more S3 to S4 conversions. However, there are some CC hair styles that match the game that I like a lot. Not too many, but it will only get better with time.

And at least if you love the S3 hair conversions, there are tons of them now. There are also so many retextures that you can choose from. Hopefully that will help with how you want your game to look :)
  • stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    edited April 2015
    At first I hated it, but now I kind of like it. Some of the hair styles look like wigs though. I don't like the long hair with the curly ends. It looks like a big wig.
    Post edited by stewielover1992 on
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    How can you not like CC hair? I admit some are to much but I feel it makes them SO much prettier.. but that's just me.
    2de463ce-c063-4ec8-afdc-f41bd56d1dc8_zps5de2fa15.png
    796f1f7b-b8f3-4c51-9f06-df1357a1b547_zpsb8c7deac.png
    Some of the CC hairs are too stringy for me. Most, to me, don't even look "realistic" and I don't like being able to see every individual strand of hair.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    The hair is atrocious.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    Hair in SIms 4 needs just physics.
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I like the hair and I think CC hair looks quite awful.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Some of the CC hairs are too stringy for me. Most, to me, don't even look "realistic" and I don't like being able to see every individual strand of hair.

...but....
    That's what hair is.
    Individual strands. :D

Yeah, but some CC hair styles do over-do the fly-away strands.
    (Don't look at my avatar.)

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    How can you not like CC hair? I admit some are to much but I feel it makes them SO much prettier.. but that's just me.
    Mmm. Sims 3 CC hair texture on Sims 4. How did they do that? Witchcraft? :no_mouth:
  • SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    I prefer original hair over custom content. But I wished they had more variety.
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    I prefer original hair over custom content. But I wished they had more variety.

I agree. The few hairstyles I like in the game, I think go well with the art style. There just are not many hairstyles that I like.

Also a lot of cc hair clashes with the art style to me. I have seen some that suit it, though.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited December 2014
    CC hair usually is better and you have a better variety for making a specific character. Some of the hair in the base game works. I think it could use more texturing. I also wish that the hair actually moved and flowed like in Sims 2 instead of looking like hairspray helmet head.
    @CK213
    ...but....
    That's what hair is.
    Individual strands. :D

Yeah, but some CC hair styles do over-do the fly-away strands.
    (Don't look at my avatar.)

I haven't seen anyone with hair as stringy as most of the CC hairs I see >_> I'm sure somewhere out there MAYBE, but *shrugs*
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited December 2014
    I had only tried one CC hair and it had transparency issues.
    So, it had to go.

However, I just tried two more and I have to say...
    NO MORE PLASTIC HELMET HAIR FOR MY SIMS! >:)

TS4 hair is OK, but still too monolithic for me.
    TS42014-12-0510-03-21-07.png

This TS4 hair is nice...
    TS42014-12-0510-04-00-93.png

But I found a similar CC version.
    That's looks like hair! I would love to see CC default replacements.
    TS42014-12-0510-04-30-93.png

Compare.png

I tend to avoid long hair styles since they can cut into clothing and body, but this isn't bad.
    Still a little too much string.
    TS42014-12-0510-04-45-55.png

They can look funny from the side, but I've seen worse.
    TS42014-12-0510-04-55-30.png

I will not buy any store hair since it will just undermine what I am trying to do with CC hair.
    TS42014-12-0510-25-49-15.png

Unless EA starts making some kind of hybrid hair that bridges the gap between TS4 hair and this kind of CC hair.
    Hair that has the volume of TS4 monolithic hair, but a little bit of string from CC hair would be the perfect solution.
    Neither group seem to be making it at this point.
    TS42014-12-0510-18-43-31.png

Now I just have to find CC for the rest of the world.
    How do I get rid of those dang cartoon clouds? :s

The CC hair hunt starts now. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    I Love cc and I have to admit I like how you can mould the sims in S4,but I am not keen on the hairs and eyelashes or should I say eyeliner :-)
    m0oUDbi.jpg