Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If expansions were like this...

colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
edited January 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
If expansions were like the Sims 1, the Sims 2, and the Sims 3 all together, would you like the Sims 4?

For example:
•The Sims 4: Superstar/Showtime (Sims 1, and the Sims 3 combined)
•The Sims 4: Makin' Magic/Supernatural (Sims 1, and the Sims 3 combined)
•The Sims 4: House Party/Night Life/Late Night (Sims 1, Sims 2, and the Sims 3 combined)
•The Sims 4: Open For Business/Freetime (Sims 2)
•The Sims 4: Vacations/Bon Voyage/World Adventures (Sims 1, Sims 2, and the Sims 3 combined)
•The Sims 4: Pets (Sims 2, and the Sims 3 combined)
•The Sims 4: Seasons (Sims 2, and the Sims 3 combined)
•The Sims 4: University (Sims 2, and the Sims 3 combined)

Of course, a difference in all those expansions though. Would you like the Sims 4 if some of these expansions were to be released?

Note: Starting a flame war will lead to being shackled in my "WooHoo" basement for a couple of days.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    No.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Sadly they would never be combined, TS3 University had the open world so a TS4 University would not be the same
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    ... Hang on let me check the wiki I don't know what sims 1 or 2 EPs were like.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    You mean.. you wanted The Sims 4 to be complete game?

Anyway, it's gonna end up like that anyway. Just a few twists/changes. This game will always adopt past game's expansions. There is nothing new with combining EPs with similar content.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    You mean.. you wanted The Sims 4 to be complete game?

Anyway, it's gonna end up like that anyway. Just a few twists/changes. This game will always adopt past game's expansions. There is nothing new with combining EPs with similar content.

The Sims 4 base game is already complete in my eyes, but I am somewhat ready for expansions now. :D
    Magic needs a new face, I'm sure makin' magic was amazing (in it's time). but I don't want a load of stereotypes and cheap spells shoved in my face.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I combined both Makin' Magic and Supernatural together.
    I suggested the same thing on the other thread. Although I want them to be something else like:

Seasons + World Adventures
    Generations + Pets
    Open for Business + Fame/Superstar
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    You could combine Uni with "party time/night life" stuff.

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    This is the only one that interests me:

The Sims 4: Vacations/Bon Voyage/World Adventures (Sims 1, Sims 2, and the Sims 3 combined)
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Say the game is done like you say colton, then based on the current game depth EP's should look more like,

EP1
    colton147 wrote: »
    •The Sims 4: Superstar/Showtime (Sims 1, and the Sims 3 combined)
    •The Sims 4: Makin' Magic/Supernatural (Sims 1, and the Sims 3 combined)
    •The Sims 4: House Party/Night Life/Late Night (Sims 1, Sims 2, and the Sims 3 combined)

EP2
    •The Sims 4: Open For Business/Freetime (Sims 2)
    •The Sims 4: Vacations/Bon Voyage/World Adventures (Sims 1, Sims 2, and the Sims 3 combined)
    •The Sims 4: Pets (Sims 2, and the Sims 3 combined)

EP3

•The Sims 4: Seasons (Sims 2, and the Sims 3 combined)
    •The Sims 4: University (Sims 2, and the Sims 3 combined)

Plus one other theme to add to EP3

Remember the Vacation EP in TS1?

It really does work well with Seasons + World Adventures/Vacation
    (I was out so I couldn't reply much as I was on mobile)
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    You should also count Sims 1 Pets since it opened up the Sims 1 neighbourhood and had some animals other games didn't have, like the lizard and terrarium.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    This is the only one that interests me:

The Sims 4: Vacations/Bon Voyage/World Adventures (Sims 1, Sims 2, and the Sims 3 combined)

I would be thrilled with this one. :)
    Magic looked cheap in the sims 3 too.

As long as I am able to edit the sharpness of a werewolves teeth, the intensity of the glow in their eyes, and their hairiness and they change how they shift.
    they change the life state from "witch" to "sorcerer." hand magic to default, and make me believe the magic is in them not the sticks... oh and broomsticks are not the only way to travel.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    If they don't give the expansions their all with lots and lots of items and decent fulfilling activities, people will walk. Walk, I tells ya.

So yer, I do expect a OFB/Freetime expansion. I doubt it'll happen though.
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    If they don't give the expansions their all with lots and lots of items and decent fulfilling activities, people will walk. Walk, I tells ya.

A lot of people has already did. Someone pointed out that there were 13,000 simmers online right now. Whether they were only online in Origin or actually playing the game, I'm not sure. So I'm like, that number don't mean anything when its sales were only a 3rd of Sims 3's. Less sales = less people playing them.
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member

A lot of people has already did. Someone pointed out that there were 13,000 simmers online right now. Whether they were only online in Origin or actually playing the game, I'm not sure. So I'm like, that number don't mean anything when its sales were only a 3rd of Sims 3's. Less sales = less people playing them.

I don't doubt that. But people like me will be walking away from the series, permanently, if they pull stingy tactics again. Because it'll prove that they didn't run out of time with the base game, but chose to limit it's content in order to profit.

Just once I want to buy a Sims game and not feel like I've been robbed blind.

I don't doubt that. But people like me will be walking away from the series, permanently, if they pull stingy tactics again. Because it'll prove that they didn't run out of time with the base game, but chose to limit it's content in order to profit.

Just once I want to buy a Sims game and not feel like I've been robbed blind.

The bolded part is so important. Everyone should see this. Great observation!
  • Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    I liked sims 2 university better than sims 3 version. Open world didn't do much of anything for that expansion.

Now that I think about it, I like most of sims 2 expansions over sims 3 versions. Oh, I really liked world adventures except it had no "vacation" aspect and they never added one later.

Pets in sims 3........were more of a royal pain than fun. It took forever to train and I hated the way you had to adopt / buy a pet.

Hopefully if they add a supernatural aspect to sims 4 (and I'm sure they will) they will make it more like sims 2 so that you don't suddenly find your whole world vampires, witches and the like. That was overkill and spoiled the whole thing for me in sims 3. (and the ability to turn it off never worked right after patches)

I'd love to have open for business again. Apartments would be nice too. Never could get that to work right in sims 3. I'd like to see dating more like sims 2 as it was more realistic and in depth.........and please, could we stop with the goals with such things? Why can't we just enjoy a party for the sake of having a party or a date because we want to go on a date?

Sims 4 has much potential but it is far too goal oriented, so much so it makes just getting down and out into the game difficult. Some of that is because it's just the base game.........but much of it is those darn goals.

I think developers need to go back and play sims 2 for a while so they can see how they missed the boat with 3 and not repeat the mistake.
  • promiseofraynepromiseofrayne Posts: 48 Member
    If they're going to bring back some type of University/Party till you drop Expansion, I hope they distinguish teens from young adults...I want some kind of growing up difference. Just saying
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    @Munchie885
    EasyToRead
    06Bon06

Tumblr_m72nmjRCwJ1r2ewx2.gif
    tumblr_inline_nfm3sr3ing1t08613.gif
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

I have been summoned. How dare you wake me from my sleep, mortal.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    sorry but i have to say this in my own language french Trop tard c'est devenu un debat
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top