Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

21 days...

MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
edited December 2014 in Off Topic Chat
It's almost 21 days until Simsmas (or Christmas if your a boring human and not a Sim ;) )

What are you doing for Simsmas or Christmas this year?

I am having a nice relaxing break with my family. We get the tree just after December the 10th, I enjoy decorating the tree most all of all! Though actually I prefer the presents. My presents are locked in a wardrobe because if I get my hands on them before the 25th I unwrap them...

Even if you don't celebrate Simsmas or Christmas, have a Great holiday this year!!!

Comments

• ToriKelleyToriKelley Posts: 119 Member
    I will be spending it with my husband for the first time in 4 years! We both work in law enforcement/ emergency services and thus, usually work holidays. BUT, the year we are both off! SQUEE!

Happy Simsmas to you!
  • MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    Happy Simsmas to you and your husband! Have a great Simsmas and a great new year too... :D
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    think about you
    TL8ZBmw.gif
    Thank you :)
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Happy Holidays to you & your family, too. :)
    And to yours, have a great Simsmas and a great new year too!!! :D
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 166 Member
    im spending time with my family!! <3
    That's nice. On Simsmas day I wake up at 3 or 4 am and then have to wait until 6 until I can wake up my mum and dad. My dad won't permit me to open presents in the lounge before 6.

I've got quite a few things for my family this year, especially for my mum - she loves the holidays almost as much as I do!

Have a great Simsmas Smitty.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I am spending it programming, in order to make the January 13rth submission deadline :D
    I tried programming once. It's extremely difficult isn't it? Best of luck.
    > @MiffoShort said:
    > I tried programming once. It's extremely difficult isn't it? Best of luck.

It wasn't as bad when we did scripting for Unity last year, but this year we're working with XNA and building engines from scratch. It's something that I struggle wrapping my head around.
    @mirta000:

Your doing better than I did. I have used to Unity before but I just couldn't get my head around it! One person you might want to think about learning from is, Bob Tabor. He teaches XNA I think somewhere online, search for him, I think my brother used him and apparently he's really good.

All the best for the future!
  • EllsElls Posts: 62 Member
    I'm all giddy to see my baby open his presents. Last year he was only half a year old. This year he's much more aware and loves ripping things open. He's going to love it so much. <3
    @Ells:

That sounds beautiful. I hope you have a Super Simsmas/Christmas and a very happy new year with your family :D
  • LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    My grandparents (who I never got to meet before they died) are all Christian but my dad doesn't believe in God and therefore we never celebrated Christmas as kids and as an adult... I mean I'd like to celebrate Christmas, but with who? I've lost most of my friends since high school because I'm not into the party lifestyle and my boyfriend celebrates with his family, and they're not my biggest fans.

So... instead I'm going to celebrate Christmas within the game. I downloaded a big Christmas tree which is one of my favourite things I would love to buy my own tree and lights in real life but there would be nothing to go beneath it.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
    edited December 2014
    > @LovelyMelody said:
    > My grandparents (who I never got to meet before they died) are all Christian but my dad doesn't believe in God and therefore we never celebrated Christmas as kids and as an adult... I mean I'd like to celebrate Christmas, but with who? I've lost most of my friends since high school because I'm not into the party lifestyle and my boyfriend celebrates with his family, and they're not my biggest fans.
    >
    > So... instead I'm going to celebrate Christmas within the game. I downloaded a big Christmas tree which is one of my favourite things I would love to buy my own tree and lights in real life but there would be nothing to go beneath it.

Your father sounds strict. :( I'm an Atheist too, but I always loved celebrating Christmas. In my eyes it's just a nice opportunity to decorate your home, appreciate your loved ones and buy gifts :D
    I don't believe in god either. Ever since my grampy died in 2012, in 2013 my gran got Alzheimer's and her cancer came back and in 2014 my dad collapsed due to stress and we all thought he was going to die. I don't believe in god but do enjoy Christmas, who doesn't? :)

I find anyway that Christmas today is more celebrated because of gifts and Santa Claus, I think the true meaning of Christmas is quite forgotten today! I agree with mirta000, I enjoy Christmas because it's a good way to celebrate with your family how much they mean to you!

What can I say, I love Christmas...
    mirta000 wrote: »
    > @LovelyMelody said:<br />
    > My grandparents (who I never got to meet before they died) are all Christian but my dad doesn't believe in God and therefore we never celebrated Christmas as kids and as an adult... I mean I'd like to celebrate Christmas, but with who? I've lost most of my friends since high school because I'm not into the party lifestyle and my boyfriend celebrates with his family, and they're not my biggest fans.<br />
    > <br />
    > So... instead I'm going to celebrate Christmas within the game. I downloaded a big Christmas tree which is one of my favourite things I would love to buy my own tree and lights in real life but there would be nothing to go beneath it.<br />
    <br />
    Your father sounds strict. :( I'm an Atheist too, but I always loved celebrating Christmas. In my eyes it's just a nice opportunity to decorate your home, appreciate your loved ones and buy gifts :D

I would love to have a Christmas with people who love me. I don't have any family in my country except my dad and brother, and we don't love each other. I fear I might be too old to ever have a nice Christmas of my own. If I ever do, it'll be for my future children, and not for me :( (as selfish as that sounds)
    > @LovelyMelody said:
    > mirta000 wrote: »
    > I would love to have a Christmas with people who love me. I don't have any family in my country except my dad and brother, and we don't love each other. I fear I might be too old to ever have a nice Christmas of my own. If I ever do, it'll be for my future children, and not for me :( (as selfish as that sounds)

buy a small table tree and a few decorations. That way it will be easy to keep in a box, but there will be some festive spirit. For Christmas buy yourself some treats. Like sweets or something. You said that you have a boyfriend? When he comes back from his parents place, make a deal to exchange small Christmas gifts with each other after Christmas. And there you go. A bit of Holiday spirit for you :)
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    > My grandparents (who I never got to meet before they died) are all Christian but my dad doesn't believe in God and therefore we never celebrated Christmas as kids and as an adult... I mean I'd like to celebrate Christmas, but with who? I've lost most of my friends since high school because I'm not into the party lifestyle and my boyfriend celebrates with his family, and they're not my biggest fans.<br />
    > <br />
    > So... instead I'm going to celebrate Christmas within the game. I downloaded a big Christmas tree which is one of my favourite things I would love to buy my own tree and lights in real life but there would be nothing to go beneath it.<br />
    <br />

I would love to have a Christmas with people who love me. I don't have any family in my country except my dad and brother, and we don't love each other. I fear I might be too old to ever have a nice Christmas of my own. If I ever do, it'll be for my future children, and not for me :( (as selfish as that sounds)

That doesn't sound selfish at all to me! :) I get the most enjoyment during the holidays from seeing the joy of others.
    > mirta000 wrote: »<br />
    > I would love to have a Christmas with people who love me. I don't have any family in my country except my dad and brother, and we don't love each other. I fear I might be too old to ever have a nice Christmas of my own. If I ever do, it'll be for my future children, and not for me :( (as selfish as that sounds)<br />
    <br />
    buy a small table tree and a few decorations. That way it will be easy to keep in a box, but there will be some festive spirit. For Christmas buy yourself some treats. Like sweets or something. You said that you have a boyfriend? When he comes back from his parents place, make a deal to exchange small Christmas gifts with each other after Christmas. And there you go. A bit of Holiday spirit for you :)

That's a lovely idea <3<3
    I think I have a good amount of space on my desk or vanity for a tabletop tree. As long as it twinkles I'll love it <3
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    MiffoShort wrote: »
    @mirta000:<br />
    <br />
    Your doing better than I did. I have used to Unity before but I just couldn't get my head around it! One person you might want to think about learning from is, Bob Tabor. He teaches XNA I think somewhere online, search for him, I think my brother used him and apparently he's really good.<br />
    <br />
    All the best for the future!

Have you lookd a UE4. The tutorial videos are really good and don't trow too much information at you at one time go througth the leval designe one first and the the Blueprints (that one is a littel out of date but you can still follow it easly enougth). you got to pay a bit but it's totaly worth it.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    My grandparents (who I never got to meet before they died) are all Christian but my dad doesn't believe in God and therefore we never celebrated Christmas as kids and as an adult... I mean I'd like to celebrate Christmas, but with who? I've lost most of my friends since high school because I'm not into the party lifestyle and my boyfriend celebrates with his family, and they're not my biggest fans.

So... instead I'm going to celebrate Christmas within the game. I downloaded a big Christmas tree which is one of my favourite things I would love to buy my own tree and lights in real life but there would be nothing to go beneath it.

oh that sounds quite depressing. I am not that religous but i still celbrate it where are you from?
    @doogerie:

I find it quite hard following tutorials, I get stuck on them quite a lot and when I can't do it I get frustrated. Maybe it might be time for me to give it another go though?
    doogerie wrote: »

oh that sounds quite depressing. I am not that religous but i still celbrate it where are you from?

I live in Australia but born in another country. :)