Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Athena & Crog

13...Next

Comments

• SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    Loving your Simself story so far... So happy you´re having a nooboo...
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited May 2015
    Right now it's a waiting game. Athena's waiting to pop and filling up her extra time with trips to the bathroom and the refrigerator.

Meanwhile there's a plethora of dishes piling up and we can seem to remember to take care of the plants. Athena finally catches up with her bodily functions in time for Crog to get home. She continues with the dishes while Crog works on the garden.
    05-29-15_12-30nbspPM.png
    Then I let Crog take care of his daily task while Athena works on a novel. Sometimes he paints something really cool (although flawed) ...
    05-29-15_11-59nbspAM_1.png
    And, sometimes he paints something like this.
    05-29-15_11-58nbspAM.png
    I suppose now that I look at them back to back they're pretty much the same quality. It's just a matter of personal taste. Every time RL Crog paints or draws something I fall in love with him all over again.

On the bright side, when I don't like a painting at least it makes it easier to sell, and we need to get out this house soon after the little one arrives. He makes a hundred or more profit off of his paintings, and I think he might make more if he just worked from home. But, I figure it's more realistic this way. Beside this keeps him on his toes.
    05-29-15_12-05nbspPM.png
    Okay, this one's going in the baby's room.
    05-29-15_12-06nbspPM.png
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my current baby: my computer when the sim baby arrives.
    05-29-15_12-15nbspPM-2.png
    I invite Crog to feel my belly, and then he takes a selfie of us.
    05-29-15_12-16nbspPM.png
    Ha! Even the thought of Crog taking a selfie is hilarious.

Now back to writing my dang thesis.

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Gee, this is so sweet! I love your comments about RL Crog! And I love that lollipop painting--I've never seen that one before! My Sims love to paint the red-heart tree painting.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ilovebunnys65ilovebunnys65 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Cool!
    I didn't realize it but Athena still has to work while pregnant, and apparently being promoted to "hungry artist" means that Crog now has to wear glasses and dress like a dork when he goes to work.
    06-02-15_1-13nbspPM2.png
    What were they thinking when they come up with these uniforms?

It's time... Athena disappears into the oblivion to have her baby, and Crog follows reluctantly behind.
    Zep%20Hoover.png
    It's a boy, and finally I've decided that their last name will be Hoover. I always thought it would be cool that if RL Crog and I were to have a child his name would be Zeppelin Hoover and that we would call him Zep for short. Well, it looks like A & C have gotten their wish.

Hold the phone! It's twins!

This is the second time one of my simselves has gotten twins. As far as I can remember the only sim to have twins in s3 was my simself, and now she's the first sim to have a child in 4and ergo the first one to have twins. Is this an omen?

Bianca%20Hoover.png

Geez. I'm happy but I'm at a loss for a name. If I'd had a girl and no boy, our last name would had been Onyx and I would have named her Amelia Onyx after my first and favorite sim in sims 2. I made my internet name after Amelia. My favorite name for a girl is Bianca so maybe I should name her Bianca Hoover. Decisions, decisions...

Okay, I'm going with Bianca.

Yay! Zep and Bianca Hoover! Book the Fillmore, we've got a concert coming up!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Amelia is a great name! Just love it so much. Congrats on the nooboo!!
    Athena and Crog have decided to let their kids grow up since toddlers are here. I'm testing this to ensure that it's not locked.
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    Athena and Crog have decided to let their kids grow up since toddlers are here. I'm testing this to ensure that it's not locked.

Hi! It's nice to see you back, and I'll enjoy seeing Athena and Crog's toddlers! Hope Athena and Crog are well, digitally speaking!

edited February 2017
    While my little darlings are sleeping I decide use my days off the catch up on my writing. I sit down to write a children's tale, Zeppe & Bianca, a story about two adventitious tytes while Crog sleeps. I do this until my computer starts sizzling.
    02-01-17_7-40-15nbspPM.png
    We no longer need an alarm clock with our new arrivals around. Feed...change...rock...switch repeat. I have next three days off so I figure I'll let Crog focus on work.
    02-01-17_9-05-20nbspPM.png
    I get a quick shower then feed...change...rock...switch repeat. I tackle the fried computer. Finish my book. Feed...change...rock...switch repeat.
    02-01-17_8-51-53nbspPM.png
    Start a new one...finish that... Feed...change...rock...switch repeat.
    02-01-17_9-29-47nbspPM.png
    Then I'm exhausted.
    I wish Athena's real life counterpart was so productive. (Otherwise known as me.)
    02-01-17_9-36-58nbspPM.png
    Crog's home so he takes over responsibilities. You're so wonderful. I'm going to give you a kiss when I wake up.
    Post edited by AthenaOnyx on
    edited February 2017
    As promised.
    02-02-17_10-02-24nbspAM.png
    We do a little mooding before Crog as has to work.
    02-02-17_10-05-32nbspAM.png
    But, then we're back to Feed...change...rock...switch repeat
    02-02-17_10-06-40nbspAM.png
    To be honest I'll be glad to see these little guys age up.

Not sure how it works in sims4. Do they stay babies for just a couple days? I'm ready to see these two little dolls turn into something with a little more personality.

While we're waiting I decided to make another painting for the kids room.
    02-02-17_10-12-06nbspAM.png
    02-02-17_10-24-01nbspAM.png
    Cool! Just got the notice that it was the almost the twins birthday. Let me look for a cake!

Don't see it in buy mode. Can I bake one? I can bake a white and chocolate cake.

When all else fails: Google.

OIC.
    02-02-17_10-22-03nbspAM.png
    02-02-17_10-23-17nbspAM.png
    Ain't it prettiful.
    02-02-17_10-27-19nbspAM.png
    I decide to make the chocolate because they'll probably need a cake each.

Now all we have to do is wait for Crog to get home.

edited February 2017
    Croggy's home. I find out real quick that I can no longer add the candles, so, I must bake them again.
    02-05-17_11-55-03nbspAM.png
    What! Athena, you had to slice the cake before we put the candles on? We have two cakes over that for that. Gee Wilikers, how hard does this have to be?
    02-05-17_11-46-14nbspAM.png
    I watch her like a hawk this time...and this time I can't add candles. What the...for reason the candle adding interaction is unavailable

Okay...its considerably less fun...but I guess we'll just wait for my little dolls to turn into some with a smidgen of personality.
    02-05-17_11-53-04nbspAM.png
    Two ladies stopped by and I invited them in thinking it would be nice to have some guests at the party. At least we have some people to help us eat the cake.

It's back to work for me. And, boy, do I look like I'm going to work.
    02-05-17_12-23-13nbspPM.png
    Fortunately, Crog can stay home with the kids. I hope they don't age up without me.
    It's night time and there's still no sign of them growing up.

I'm about to go to bed, and then you guessed, the babies are crying.
    02-05-17_12-43-41nbspPM.png
    I had to shut the door, because Real Life Crog couldn't take the noise.

I think parenting might be more realistic this time around. The crying is more grating and I think they cry more often or something.

Darn you candles...why didn't I add you when I had a chance?
    02-05-17_12-46-47nbspPM.png
    Yep, this pretty much says it all.
    edited February 2017
    I wake up in the middle of the night to change's Zep's diaper and
    02-05-17_2-47-11nbspPM.png
    realize I really need to go...

And, look at our toliet!
    02-05-17_2-48-54nbspPM.png
    Fortunately I can easily remove the busted toilet and have a new one delivered and installed in the middle of the night in a blink of an eye.

And, the moment we walk out the door for work they age up... I had it on high speed and nothing stopped us or urged us to call a babysitter...this is unacceptable...I'm reloading. I'd never leave two babies home alone.

Right back to this...
    02-05-17_12-46-47nbspPM.png

I have them take vacation days.
    02-05-17_3-15-00nbspPM.png
    This is after all a once in a life opportunity because they are never having another baby age up into toddlerhood again, and I may never let another s4 sim have baby again. Good gracious, they should have just let them skip babyhood too and go straight into college.

After Crog hangs up he greeted a chorus of dirty diapers.
    02-05-17_3-17-59nbspPM.png
    Well, looky there, there's a button for aging up right under 'more choices.' Why didn't I see it before.
    On your mark...get set...
    02-05-17_3-28-42nbspPM.png
    Age up!
    02-05-17_3-31-01nbspPM.png
    It bugs me that you can't randomly choose a trait.

Okay, Zep, you're independent,
    02-05-17_3-31-54nbspPM.png
    and Bianca, you're a charmer.
    02-05-17_4-00-42nbspPM.png
    Another thing that bugs me is that they already know how to walk.
    02-05-17_3-36-59nbspPM.png
    They're already eating solid food.
    02-05-17_3-58-52nbspPM.png
    Zep looks just like Crog's nephew.

Okay, they are small children, not toddlers, okay, I guess that's a good thing. Training toddlers to walk, talk, and pee gets old after a while anyway, and we still get to see them in their adorable stage.

I'm already in love with these two rascals and ready see what happens next.
    edited February 2017
    The kids are fussy so its nap-time. I really wanted to take them to the park since we have the day off.
    02-05-17_5-17-29nbspPM.png
    I turn the aging off for the time being. It will give me time to save up for a better house. One thing I'd love to see is the option for a mortgage system. That would help so much in bringing realism into the game.

I debate letting one of them stay at home. It will take more time to save up the money, but on the other hand they can make money from home.

I bought the "Get Together" pack today because I saw it was on sale and decide to make a Kid-Oriented club. Then we went to the park.

I watched Bianca trudge across the field.
    02-05-17_6-15-39nbspPM.png
    Her final destination: the toilet.
    02-05-17_6-17-07nbspPM.png
    Zep stayed close to home which is interesting since he's supposed be the independent one.
    02-05-17_7-48-07nbspPM.png
    Oh my gosh.
    02-05-17_7-50-12nbspPM.png
    Probably the biggest mistake I made was not adding any toddler stuff to the park. I thought that they could play on the boat.
    02-05-17_7-51-28nbspPM.png
    Athena is having a real life moment.
    02-05-17_7-51-57nbspPM.png
    She's having a heated discussion with these two.
    02-05-17_7-55-11nbspPM.png
    You better keep an eye on the pool ladder next time you're swimming, Philip Crowley.