Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @emilyofspielburg :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” to you again :)
    Your tip about sims having the tablet from the Sims 3 store is great! The tablet is a very helpful item for Sims to use!
  • Options
    emilyofspielburgemilyofspielburg Posts: 48 Member
    @rosemow Thank you for the warm welcome! The tablet is on sale for 200 points under premium content. I wouldn't have bought it but it really is a gamechanger. My child has 9 logic thanks to the tablet.
    Formerly The Master Thief of Riverview, currently a ghost. Beloved wife of world renowned surgeon Dr. Jebediah Wilson, mother to Caroline and Brady. My descendants know how to creep because of me. | Trash to Treasure Gameplay

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=embuggy
  • Options
    plumbobsnpixelsplumbobsnpixels Posts: 68 Member
    Hi there, and like everyone else here, I love the Sims. The series has always inspired me to write and create interesting stories to break the monotony of otherwise endless woohooing and repo man visits. Simmers like kittycattylion, furyred, and berry really inspire me to have fun and let my imagination take the reigns. Admittedly, haven't played much of Sims 4 due to rl but excited to get back into it and create some new stories. So hopefully soon I can share more of my creations with the community. 😉

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    Probably has to be Supernatural or Seasons (both ts3), just because they added so much "flavor" to the base game. For ts2, Open for Business was hands-down my favorite because I loved the dynamic of being able to own any kind of business!

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    The creative capability and how connected you can become with your characters. I feel genuinely sad when one of my favorite sims grows old and passes away..😭

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I do a majority of the time; usually allowing me to change the looks of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 townies and money cheats to decorate my sims' homes "to the nines".

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Not at the moment, considering I haven't played Sims in more than 5 years lol 😅

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I do; and initially the cartooney-style of ts4 really put me off. But now with all the DLC available, I'm open to giving it the fair shot it deserves.
    hi i'm plum, i'm currently [building an animal crossing town].🌈✨
    read lone wolff legacy here
    follow me on twitter | tumblr | twitch
  • Options
    Hi there, and like everyone else here, I love the Sims. The series has always inspired me to write and create interesting stories to break the monotony of otherwise endless woohooing and repo man visits. Simmers like kittycattylion, furyred, and berry really inspire me to have fun and let my imagination take the reigns. Admittedly, haven't played much of Sims 4 due to rl but excited to get back into it and create some new stories. So hopefully soon I can share more of my creations with the community. 😉

Probably has to be Supernatural or Seasons (both ts3), just because they added so much "flavor" to the base game. For ts2, Open for Business was hands-down my favorite because I loved the dynamic of being able to own any kind of business!

The creative capability and how connected you can become with your characters. I feel genuinely sad when one of my favorite sims grows old and passes away..😭

I do a majority of the time; usually allowing me to change the looks of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ townies and money cheats to decorate my sims' homes "to the nines".

Not at the moment, considering I haven't played Sims in more than 5 years lol 😅

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I do; and initially the cartooney-style of ts4 really put me off. But now with all the DLC available, I'm open to giving it the fair shot it deserves.

Hello @happinessinalunchbox :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    The sims 2 and 3 packs that are your favourites are great packs! They have added many special features and activities to the game!
    Our sims do become very special to us! :) It is sad when they pass away :(
    It is great that you are back simming again after a 5 year break.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    plumbobsnpixelsplumbobsnpixels Posts: 68 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow for your very warm welcome! Do you do any writing yourself or legacies yourself?
    hi i'm plum, i'm currently [building an animal crossing town].🌈✨
    read lone wolff legacy here
    follow me on twitter | tumblr | twitch
  • Options
    NoebaNoeba Posts: 19 Member
    Hi guys :)
    I finally joined the forum after years of playing the Sims. I did not realize how many great (gameplay) are out there. I am a simmer since the Sims 2, now i only play Sims 4

EP: Can't really decide but would have to say Eco lifestyle, it came with so many beautiful stuff to build with.
    GP: Parenthood, it just adds so much to gameplay
    SP: Tiny living: love it for building and gameplay

Just building and creating, I love how creativ I can be in it

I can't live without moveobjects. I also use showhiddenobjects etc.
    Trying to play without money cheats or cheating for needs

Unfortunately not :/

Yes, I love the aesthetic, love the building tool and I am so excited about all those things thaat have been added in the past.
  • Options
    Noeba wrote: »
    Hi guys :)
    I finally joined the forum after years of playing the Sims. I did not realize how many great (gameplay) are out there. I am a simmer since the Sims 2, now i only play Sims 4

EP: Can't really decide but would have to say Eco lifestyle, it came with so many beautiful stuff to build with.
    GP: Parenthood, it just adds so much to gameplay
    SP: Tiny living: love it for building and gameplay

Just building and creating, I love how creativ I can be in it

I can't live without moveobjects. I also use showhiddenobjects etc.
    Trying to play without money cheats or cheating for needs

Unfortunately not :/

Yes, I love the aesthetic, love the building tool and I am so excited about all those things thaat have been added in the past.

Hello @Noeba :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say happy simming again:) The packs that you enjoy are great packs! Building is a very nice part of simming! It is a special and fun way of expressing)g our creativity through the game.:)
  • Options
    nonyabusnesnonyabusnes Posts: 52 Member
    Hello. New. This username was more like a joke and thought it was temporary, cause all I wanted to do is ask a question and I needed a username very quick and didn't have to give an emailadres. All very confusing, maybe I could change it later if I'm off the newbie rank? I'll see.

I'm from the Netherlands, I'm playing sims since October this year I think. When Sims 1 just got out I played that till I couldn't play no more, so with the lockdowns and everything I decided to see what other games there were and Sims was always one of my favorites, just like Sim City always been.

Not sure yet, I only have seasons and late night, I would like to go for generations and world adventures next. I was waiting for a steam sale, which is never gonna happen I think, they want us to buy s4 too much I think.
    Which EP do you guys recommend? I'd love to make something like a shop or a restaurant where my sims can go and where they could work maybe.

Building, especially tiny houses, I find big houses on large lots a bit annoying to play. I also like to start with 1 person and then get him/her married, have kids. I move them around a lot, sometimes in existing houses, and then I like to remodel it just a little to give an extra room and bathroom so the kids (who are teens) each have a room of their own.

I tend to switch moveobjects on and off, I like to keep things real and playable cause doors and windows might look weird. But it is so nice to make a pretty garden with this cheat. I don't use money cheats, I want to keep things real and I was surprised how well sims are payed and how little effort it takes to actually keep a job, that was very different in S1 :p

Uhm... Maybe. If you don't want to download things, when you use moveobjects on, you can get to combine things.
    For example, I had a family where dad died and I made a table with his urn on it, a photograph of him. I wanted to add alot of flowers but it didn't fit (not enough slots) so I bought 2 matching end tables, put some more flowers and nice things on it and slide it though the big table so it looks like a lot of nice stuff like flowers on it next to the urn and the photograph.

I have it, but I'm too fond of S3 and my family for now, I just learned how to use everything. And, I saw someone else a few posts back saying he/she was put off by "the cartoony-style" look, that's also what made me choose S3 over S4, and some other negative things.
    I bought it for 4 euros on steam sale. I'm going to save up for a brand new computer which I'm willing to buy half way through 2021 and I guess I'll install s4 on it but for now I'm good.
  • Options
    Hello @nonyabusnes :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    If you would like to change your forums username, you can post a request to change the name on the activities wall of either Ea_Leeloo or EA_Rtas
    It is nice that after starting simming by playing Sims 1, you are now back simming again as a result of the lockdown and enjoying playing Sims 3. Carl's Sims 3 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game. You may like to read the guides on that site
    https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/
  • Options
    nonyabusnesnonyabusnes Posts: 52 Member
    @rosemow Thank you very much.
  • Options
    RABIDYOTERABIDYOTE Posts: 3 New Member
    1. what is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    my favorite for the sims 4 is probably cats & dogs, since i love making pets :3

2. what is your favorite thing about the game?
    creating sims! i rarely play the game itself tbh lol

3. do you play with cheats? if so, which ones?
    freerealestate and bb.moveobjects are pretty much my main two!

4. do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    nah, i got nothin special to share :pensive:

5. do you have the sims 4? if so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    ive had it since 2016, and my favorite thing about it is sim customization! my least favorite thing is probably how empty it feels compared to TS2 and TS3 D:
  • Options
    RABIDYOTE wrote: »
    1. what is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    my favorite for the sims 4 is probably cats & dogs, since i love making pets :3

2. what is your favorite thing about the game?
    creating sims! i rarely play the game itself tbh lol

3. do you play with cheats? if so, which ones?
    freerealestate and bb.moveobjects are pretty much my main two!

4. do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    nah, i got nothin special to share :pensive:

5. do you have the sims 4? if so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    ive had it since 2016, and my favorite thing about it is sim customization! my least favorite thing is probably how empty it feels compared to TS2 and TS3 D:

Hello @RABIDYOTE :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    Cats and Dogs is a great Sims 4 pack! Sim pets are cute!
    freerealestate and bb.moveobjects are very helpful cheats in the game! bb.moveobjects helps us in build mode to show our creativity in many different creative ways.
  • Options
    jojie4jojie4 Posts: 66 Member
    Hi everybody, I have been playing Sims 3 for a few years now, but just recently found the forum (and that I can use the store with Steam). I started with a great starter pack of Sims 3/Seasons/Generations/Pets. I also have Ambitions, University Life, World Adventures, and Supernatural. I mostly disable Supernatural, though. Once my entire Sunset Valley was full of occults causing tons of lag, it was just too much. I only turn them on in Moonlight Falls.

1. My favorite pack is probably either Generations or Pets. I love just having pets in general and it wouldn't feel complete without it. The gameplay Generations adds is a must-have for me as well. I always play large families. I also love Ambitions active careers and the official self-employment.

2. My favorite thing is probably how many options I have in how to play, although I never seem to get everything done.

3. I play with ResetSim, but only if someone gets stuck somewhere weird (I have had two toddlers try to use the same potty and one get stuck behind it, and two people get stuck under a staircase in Shang Simla, or if my sims refuse direction too much, like when I have told 5 sims to play with the dog with low social and no one will because of where the dog is standing.

4. Never use toddlers where there are stairs, or at least keep the nursery downstairs. They will go to the front of the stairs and nobody can pick them up.

5. I do have the Sims 4, but I haven't played it yet. I got it for free, but haven't gotten any packs yet. So I just stick to the Sims 3. But I really mean to try it, if only I would wrap up my family.
  • Options
    jojie4 wrote: »
    Hi everybody, I have been playing Sims 3 for a few years now, but just recently found the forum (and that I can use the store with Steam). I started with a great starter pack of Sims 3/Seasons/Generations/Pets. I also have Ambitions, University Life, World Adventures, and Supernatural. I mostly disable Supernatural, though. Once my entire Sunset Valley was full of occults causing tons of lag, it was just too much. I only turn them on in Moonlight Falls.

1. My favorite pack is probably either Generations or Pets. I love just having pets in general and it wouldn't feel complete without it. The gameplay Generations adds is a must-have for me as well. I always play large families. I also love Ambitions active careers and the official self-employment.

2. My favorite thing is probably how many options I have in how to play, although I never seem to get everything done.

3. I play with ResetSim, but only if someone gets stuck somewhere weird (I have had two toddlers try to use the same potty and one get stuck behind it, and two people get stuck under a staircase in Shang Simla, or if my sims refuse direction too much, like when I have told 5 sims to play with the dog with low social and no one will because of where the dog is standing.

4. Never use toddlers where there are stairs, or at least keep the nursery downstairs. They will go to the front of the stairs and nobody can pick them up.

5. I do have the Sims 4, but I haven't played it yet. I got it for free, but haven't gotten any packs yet. So I just stick to the Sims 3. But I really mean to try it, if only I would wrap up my family.

Hello @jojie4 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been enjoying playing Sims 3 these last few years. The packs that you own are great packs fior
    the game! They add many special features, items and worlds.
  • Options
    SimsSimAddict1274SimsSimAddict1274 Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello everyone! It's great to join you all here. I've been playing the game on and off since 2012.

1. My favorite expansion pack is Ambitions. There is way too much content in it and I love all of the details (including those I didn't notice). Unfortunately, I still can't get Ambitions or World Adventures registered.

2. The beautiful open worlds you get to discover and Create-a-Style.

3. My most recent family has most of the skills mastered and I am very proud of that. I don't use cheats in that save and I think it's my first save where I didn't use cheats at all for anything. When I do use cheats, however, I use testingcheatsenabled and sometimes freerealestate, buydebug, familyfunds or enablelotlocking.

4. When you're around mastering the Martial Arts skill or your Sim already mastered it there is a challenge you can complete. When you break a certain high amount of boards (higher than oak), you get the chance to spawn very rare gems in front or beside of the board breaker when you break space rocks. This also includes rainbow gems, jade and pink diamonds. I usually just use the Moodlet Manager LTR to remove the Fatigued moodlet and then continue. This way you can earn a lot of money by cutting them and it's very useful. Martial Arts is also useful for the zeneport (teleporting while meditating) which, if you do frequently, you'll be able to do at any time faster than ever. You can buy the board breaker and the training dummy for Martial Arts from buydebug or the Shang Simla Market where they sell general goods. In fact, you can purchase a book about the skill as well.
  • Options
    Hello everyone! It's great to join you all here. I've been playing the game on and off since 2012.

1. My favorite expansion pack is Ambitions. There is way too much content in it and I love all of the details (including those I didn't notice). Unfortunately, I still can't get Ambitions or World Adventures registered.

2. The beautiful open worlds you get to discover and Create-a-Style.

3. My most recent family has most of the skills mastered and I am very proud of that. I don't use cheats in that save and I think it's my first save where I didn't use cheats at all for anything. When I do use cheats, however, I use testingcheatsenabled and sometimes freerealestate, buydebug, familyfunds or enablelotlocking.

4. When you're around mastering the Martial Arts skill or your Sim already mastered it there is a challenge you can complete. When you break a certain high amount of boards (higher than oak), you get the chance to spawn very rare gems in front or beside of the board breaker when you break space rocks. This also includes rainbow gems, jade and pink diamonds. I usually just use the Moodlet Manager LTR to remove the Fatigued moodlet and then continue. This way you can earn a lot of money by cutting them and it's very useful. Martial Arts is also useful for the zeneport (teleporting while meditating) which, if you do frequently, you'll be able to do at any time faster than ever. You can buy the board breaker and the training dummy for Martial Arts from buydebug or the Shang Simla Market where they sell general goods. In fact, you can purchase a book about the skill as well.

Hello @SimsSimAddict1274 :) It is very nice to meet you.
    It is great that you have been simming since 2012. Simming is enjoyable and fun!
    Ambitions is a great pack! It adds many great details and features to the game! Congratulations on your family of sims mastering nearly all of the skills! That is great!
    The tips that you posted about Martial Arts is very helpful!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads
  • Options
    ChroniclesWitchChroniclesWitch Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello and thanks for opening this thread for us to chat, haha
    Been playing TS3 for some time and only now am able to access the online features, the community is awesome! Hope to enjoy and have a wonderful time amongst ya'll!

As for the questions:
    I only have Pets as of now, so I'd have no choice but say that, lol. I did some research into what might get my attention most and was drawn to Supernatural especially, as well as Ambitions to a point.
    I have a love of the idea of having an unusually diverse world, and the extra life states are exactly that.
    As for Pets, I love animals. The cow and chicken Store items add a ton to it too, and look totally in place with the gameplay of Pets (not to mention they look perfect in Appaloosa Plains.)

A little torn about this one, it's basically all of it. The freedom of playing with all the choices given, the Create A Style (CAST), the building, the insane diversity of Sims that we can create (I can't recognise faces nor remember names for the life of me, diversity helps a ton), the fun I can have with creating sorts of stories with each Sim, these things really sell the game for me.

Depends on which save file/playthrough. The first one I made lacks cheats, for example, while my third has cheats on almost all the time.
    Most of them are for building, so stuff like "moveobjects on/off", "testingcheatsenabled true">"constrainfloorelevation", "testingcheatsenabled true">"buydebug", ect.

What can I say that isn't already mentioned? Ah well I'd just go wildcard.
    You can rotate most objects in non-30 degree angles. Just press "ALT" on your keyboard and you can rotate things with more "refinement" XD
    You can randomise colours and patterns in Create A Style. There is a dice icon you can use for that. You can also save custom patterns and colours.
    Using the "ALT" button when moving items like paintings up and down across wall also disables most vertical snap points. You can adjust the height of the picture this way.

Yes, recently got it just for the building and to practice CC, lol.
    Things I love:
    - The Create A Sim! The fact we can mess with animations and body shape mean I can probably create myself accurately, haha
    - FROG BREEDING!? What is this? Pocket Frogs?
    - Takes a bit of getting used to, but the Buy/Build Mode is absolutely glorious there.
    - Sims can multitask! Multiple can talk at once while doing other things. It was insane seeing five Sims talking together while doing completely different things.

What I don't like too much:
    - Where are the restaurants? Why can't I eat out except of chips? Must I cook?
    - The fact likes and dislikes can literally clash with aspirations. You can be of an Athletic aspiration and dislike Athletic. It is really funny though! It did bite me in the butt because I made my Sim dislike cooking only to find that food must be cooked like that...
    - The way DLC is handled. It's bad enough most DLC for both TS4 and TS3 are as expensive as the base game itself, but the fact TS4's EPs don't add that much gameplay makes it really disheartening. I love you Sims, but I don't have that money...
  • Options
    Hello @ChroniclesWitch :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It was great reading about what you like in Sims 3 and Sims 4, and your very helpful build mode tips! The sims 3 pets pack is great! The sims animals in the game are cute!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers, and enjoy posting about what is happening in your games.
  • Options
    ChroniclesWitchChroniclesWitch Posts: 7 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @ChroniclesWitch :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It was great reading about what you like in Sims 3 and Sims 4, and your very helpful build mode tips! The sims 3 pets pack is great! The sims animals in the game are cute!
    > I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers, and enjoy posting about what is happening in your games.
    > Happy simming! :)

Totally! Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Nice to be with ya'll.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @ChroniclesWitch :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It was great reading about what you like in Sims 3 and Sims 4, and your very helpful build mode tips! The sims 3 pets pack is great! The sims animals in the game are cute!
    > I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers, and enjoy posting about what is happening in your games.
    > Happy simming! :)

Totally! Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Nice to be with ya'll.

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    AuntyCaitlinAuntyCaitlin Posts: 18 Member
    1. What is your favourite EP/SP and why ?
    My favourite is Island Paradise in the Sims 3, I have such fond memories of living my lifelong dream in an island home, snorkelling, and having the most relaxing lifestyle!

2. What is your favourite thing about the game?
    In Sim 4 I love the graphics and building mechanics, they allow you to make such amazing things with much more control. In the Sims 3 I loved the Open World features from a gameplay perspective. I found it made the experience much more realistic, going to the grocery store, being able to ride your bike home from school, and I desperately hope this is reintroduced! I would love to see all of the best bits from TS4/3 combined!

Yes! testingcheats true, bb.moveobjects, the one that unlocks the other debug objects, etc. And I do enjoy a classic 'motherlode' every now and then B)

I don't have a lot of tips or tricks! I get most of my amazing tricks from people here!

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favourite and least favourite things?
    I do! As previously mentioned - the building, the graphics, better CAS and the ability to do things like sit on the couch and eat (like I do in real life!) haha. Least favourite is no open world features!

I have a question for new members like myself – and old members here too – what is one thing you like to see in a future version of The Sims?
  • Options
    1. What is your favourite EP/SP and why ?
    My favourite is Island Paradise in the Sims 3, I have such fond memories of living my lifelong dream in an island home, snorkelling, and having the most relaxing lifestyle!

2. What is your favourite thing about the game?
    In Sim 4 I love the graphics and building mechanics, they allow you to make such amazing things with much more control. In the Sims 3 I loved the Open World features from a gameplay perspective. I found it made the experience much more realistic, going to the grocery store, being able to ride your bike home from school, and I desperately hope this is reintroduced! I would love to see all of the best bits from TS4/3 combined!

Yes! testingcheats true, bb.moveobjects, the one that unlocks the other debug objects, etc. And I do enjoy a classic 'motherlode' every now and then B)

I don't have a lot of tips or tricks! I get most of my amazing tricks from people here!

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favourite and least favourite things?
    I do! As previously mentioned - the building, the graphics, better CAS and the ability to do things like sit on the couch and eat (like I do in real life!) haha. Least favourite is no open world features!

I have a question for new members like myself – and old members here too – what is one thing you like to see in a future version of The Sims?

Hello @AuntyCaitlin :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say happy simming again :)
    Sims 3 Island Paradise is a great pack! It is lovely that you lived in an island home and enjoyed snorkelling.
    It is great that you enjoy building lots and creating sims in the game. Simming allows us to enjoy expressing our creativity through the game and have fun too!
    The cheats that you use are very helpful when building.