Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• RoyalteRoyalte Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I haven't played Sims in years, since Sims 2 maybe. I just recently started playing Sims 3 and a lot has changed. I am enjoying creating a pet, that is a nice addition. Looking forward to learning all over again :smile: :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Royalte wrote: »
    Hello! I haven't played Sims in years, since Sims 2 maybe. I just recently started playing Sims 3 and a lot has changed. I am enjoying creating a pet, that is a nice addition. Looking forward to learning all over again :smile::)

Hello @Royalte :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are back simming again and enjoying playing Sims 3. Sims Pets are very cute!
    This is a link to a Sims 3 help site with many guides if you need help anytime
    https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/
    Happy simming! :)
  • FiercyFiercy Posts: 18 Member
    Hi Brandi! Thank you so much for this thread. I created my account in 2010--holy smokes, 10 years ago!--but I've only just begun to participate (shame on me). I started playing Sims 1 about halfway through its run, buying the base game and all the EPs released up to that point, and I've been hooked ever since. I've since bought every Base Game, EP, Game Pack and Stuff Pack that has been released, and I still have all my Sims discs and even my custom content for Sims 1-3.

My favorite EP is definitely Sims 3 Pets. I really miss horses in the Sims 4. I realize without an open world horses are more restricted, but I still think they'd be amazing.

My favorite thing about the Sims is that game play can be unique depending on the type of Sim you create. I also love the fact that there's sooo much custom content from amazing creators.

I do play with cheats and mods most of the time, but sometimes I play "clean". I believe there are certain things that just don't make sense in the game as is, and I use mods that make things more reasonable (for instance the mod that prompts a Sim to take off their winter coats when they get inside, or the one that allows you to have more than one best friend).

My favorite thing about Sims 4 is the aspiration-based play. It offers paths for game play for each new sim created. My least favorite thing about Sims 4 is the lack of Create a Style. I hate not being able to design my own furniture and decor (in game)!

Thanks again for this thread!
    Fiercy wrote: »
    Hi Brandi! Thank you so much for this thread. I created my account in 2010--holy smokes, 10 years ago!--but I've only just begun to participate (shame on me). I started playing Sims 1 about halfway through its run, buying the base game and all the EPs released up to that point, and I've been hooked ever since. I've since bought every Base Game, EP, Game Pack and Stuff Pack that has been released, and I still have all my Sims discs and even my custom content for Sims 1-3.

My favorite EP is definitely Sims 3 Pets. I really miss horses in the Sims 4. I realize without an open world horses are more restricted, but I still think they'd be amazing.

My favorite thing about the Sims is that game play can be unique depending on the type of Sim you create. I also love the fact that there's sooo much custom content from amazing creators.

I do play with cheats and mods most of the time, but sometimes I play "clean". I believe there are certain things that just don't make sense in the game as is, and I use mods that make things more reasonable (for instance the mod that prompts a Sim to take off their winter coats when they get inside, or the one that allows you to have more than one best friend).

My favorite thing about Sims 4 is the aspiration-based play. It offers paths for game play for each new sim created. My least favorite thing about Sims 4 is the lack of Create a Style. I hate not being able to design my own furniture and decor (in game)!

Thanks again for this thread!

Hello @Fiercy :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nIce that you have been simming since the original Sims 1 and own all the packs that have been released. Simming is fun!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers and posting about what is happening in your game.
    Happy simmimg! :)
  • KerrigannKerrigann Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi, I'm not exactly new (had this account for 5 years but only just started talking whoops) but figured I'd post here because I'm new according to the site's ranks.

I've been a fan of The Sims since my early childhood. I remember playing the first Sims game, and I loved it, but it was too hard for me at the time. I got more active in the sims with The Sims 2 but it was still really hard for me, even though I enjoyed it a lot more. The Sims 3 was really when I started to love the Sims a lot, because that was the game that taught me what mods and custom content were. I played that game pretty much constantly, and was always doing modified challenges and making my own stories in my head. I think I also started a blog for one of the stories, but as soon as people started reading it, I got scared and quit even though people really liked the story. (Let's not get into my life story, there was a reason but it's not at all a happy one.)

When the Sims 4 was released, to be honest, I haaaaaaaaated it. I swore off ever buying another Sims game. The lack of toddlers was a major part of that, but I also felt like there was nothing that could be improved on from The Sims 3. So I kept playing The Sims 3 for years and years... but then the patch that added the ability to make transgender sims happened and I wanted to support that decision, so I finally bought The Sims 4. Once I started actually playing, there were a lot more features than there had been at launch, and I was impressed. So I bought every expansion pack and game pack available at the time.

I'm planning on starting another sims 4 story soon with the off the grid family I'm currently playing, and this time I think my social anxiety isn't so bad I'll run screaming at the first sign of anyone actually reading it... :#
    Kerrigann wrote: »
    Hi, I'm not exactly new (had this account for 5 years but only just started talking whoops) but figured I'd post here because I'm new according to the site's ranks.

I've been a fan of The Sims since my early childhood. I remember playing the first Sims game, and I loved it, but it was too hard for me at the time. I got more active in the sims with The Sims 2 but it was still really hard for me, even though I enjoyed it a lot more. The Sims 3 was really when I started to love the Sims a lot, because that was the game that taught me what mods and custom content were. I played that game pretty much constantly, and was always doing modified challenges and making my own stories in my head. I think I also started a blog for one of the stories, but as soon as people started reading it, I got scared and quit even though people really liked the story. (Let's not get into my life story, there was a reason but it's not at all a happy one.)

When the Sims 4 was released, to be honest, I haaaaaaaaated it. I swore off ever buying another Sims game. The lack of toddlers was a major part of that, but I also felt like there was nothing that could be improved on from The Sims 3. So I kept playing The Sims 3 for years and years... but then the patch that added the ability to make transgender sims happened and I wanted to support that decision, so I finally bought The Sims 4. Once I started actually playing, there were a lot more features than there had been at launch, and I was impressed. So I bought every expansion pack and game pack available at the time.

I'm planning on starting another sims 4 story soon with the off the grid family I'm currently playing, and this time I think my social anxiety isn't so bad I'll run screaming at the first sign of anyone actually reading it... :#

Hello @Kerrigann :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    I hope your sims story writing goes well :)
  • KerrigannKerrigann Posts: 7 New Member
    Thank you @rosemow ! It's nice of you to welcome new members to the forums, and I've seen you helping people in various threads too while I was lurking. Thanks again for your welcome in this thread and the other thread, I look forward to seeing you around! :)
    Kerrigann wrote: »
    Thank you @rosemow ! It's nice of you to welcome new members to the forums, and I've seen you helping people in various threads too while I was lurking. Thanks again for your welcome in this thread and the other thread, I look forward to seeing you around! :)

You’re welcome :) Thankyou!
  • KeithiaKeithia Posts: 22 Member
    Hello fellow Simmers! :) Nice to meet you all here! ;)
    I have never knew anything about the forum until this March, so everything here is very new to me!
    Throughout my adolescent years, I have played Sims 1, 2 and 3.
    Have not played them in years and I started playing Sims 3 all over again early this year.
    Trying to reconnect to my inner self because real life hasn't been great. :'(

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Ambitions (Owned), Seasons (Not own yet)

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Playing the game, lift my spirits :)

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Motherlode, testingcheatsenabled (I enjoy fixing NPC Sims with no traits)

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? 'ResetSim' and 'Delete object' are very helpful commands to use.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? No, I don't. I'm happy with Sims 3 at the moment.

Thank you for reading and Happy simming! :)
    🌱🍃🌿🍁🍂 “Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace” 🌾🌻🌼🌷🌹
    🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
    👫🌲🌳🌏🌳🌲👫
    Keithia wrote: »
    Hello fellow Simmers! :) Nice to meet you all here! ;)
    I have never knew anything about the forum until this March, so everything here is very new to me!
    Throughout my adolescent years, I have played Sims 1, 2 and 3.
    Have not played them in years and I started playing Sims 3 all over again early this year.
    Trying to reconnect to my inner self because real life hasn't been great. :'(

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Ambitions (Owned), Seasons (Not own yet)

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Playing the game, lift my spirits :)

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Motherlode, testingcheatsenabled (I enjoy fixing NPC Sims with no traits)

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? 'ResetSim' and 'Delete object' are very helpful commands to use.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? No, I don't. I'm happy with Sims 3 at the moment.

Thank you for reading and Happy simming! :)

Hello @Keithia :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you played Sims 1, 2 and 3 when younger and are now back Sims 3 simming again. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through hard times in your life :( I send hugs to you <3 Simming helps us to take a little break from real life and all that our day and lives are holding.
    The cheats that you use are very helpful cheats.
    Happy simming to you also! :)
  • KeithiaKeithia Posts: 22 Member
    *Hugs* :smiley: Thank you @rosemow, really appreciate for your kind words! I hope you have a great day and see you around! :wink:
    🌱🍃🌿🍁🍂 “Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace” 🌾🌻🌼🌷🌹
    🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
    👫🌲🌳🌏🌳🌲👫
  • RavenLillyFlowerRavenLillyFlower Posts: 2 New Member
    Hellooo. I've been around a while but never actually done anything, figured it was time to say hi and get more active in the actual sims community!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    I need to say Seasons, it adds so much stuff and makes the game far more enjoyable.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    Doing the interior designing on the houses, I love designing and finding a ton of CC to plop in my house and make it look awesome.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    Only the cheats that allow you to build better, such as bb.moveobjects.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Google is your friend.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yup I have it! Favorite is the fact that create a sim is really cool and I've made some Sims that look like they are real. I don't really have a least favorite sadly.
    Hellooo. I've been around a while but never actually done anything, figured it was time to say hi and get more active in the actual sims community!

I need to say Seasons, it adds so much stuff and makes the game far more enjoyable.

Doing the interior designing on the houses, I love designing and finding a ton of CC to plop in my house and make it look awesome.

Only the cheats that allow you to build better, such as bb.moveobjects.

Google is your friend.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yup I have it! Favorite is the fact that create a sim is really cool and I've made some Sims that look like they are real. I don't really have a least favorite sadly.

Hello @RavenLillyFlower :) It is nice to meet you.
    Seasons is a great pack! It is very nice seeing our sims experiencing the different of weather conditions and doing seasonal activities.
    It is very nice that you are enjoying creating sims in CAS. It is enjoyable creating simversions of real life people or tv/movie characters and have them in our games.
  • sara4562sara4562 Posts: 133 Member
    Hi! So I'm not really a new since I have had my account for about 4 years now. But I just recently discovered this place and found my way back to this game.

I unfortunately only have one EP so it will have to be late night. I wish I could have more EP's and I would especially like to play pets and seasons cause those where my favorites in sims 2.

Making sims and designing houses.

Mostly yes, but I do like the challenge of playing without them ones in awhile. I mostly use the ones with money so I can freely design the house the way I like.

Not really.

I don't. I would really like it though.
    edited March 2020
    sara4562 wrote: »
    Hi! So I'm not really a new since I have had my account for about 4 years now. But I just recently discovered this place and found my way back to this game.

I unfortunately only have one EP so it will have to be late night. I wish I could have more EP's and I would especially like to play pets and seasons cause those where my favorites in sims 2.

Making sims and designing houses.

Mostly yes, but I do like the challenge of playing without them ones in awhile. I mostly use the ones with money so I can freely design the house the way I like.

Not really.

I don't. I would really like it though.

Hello @sara4562 :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is very nice that you enjoy creating sims and designing homes . They are great ways of expressing our creativity through the game and are fun and enjoyable also!
    Money cheats are very helpful!
  • redroses16redroses16 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi, long time lurking simmer here. Have been playing sims on and off since 2004 when Sims 2 was first released.

My favourite Sims 3 EP is probably Generations. I feel like it gives a lot more depth to my characters' stories. Sims 2 EP would definitely be University, there were so many new things it added to the gaming experience. Plus at that age it was awesome being able to pretend being at uni when you're stuck in primary school.

I love that it suits so many different playing styles. I always find myself drawn back for different reasons. It can be building big and long family tree, designing/building houses, pursuing different ambitions/interests (career, relationships, gardening), and so much more.

Definitely. testingcheats is a must for sims 2+3, I love being able to drag my sims needs to the levels I want, unlike sims 4 :'( love kaching/motherlode, moveobjects, buydebug. Also recently found out I could use to ALT key to rotate objects at any angle yay!

Give mods a try! I feel like my game has run a lot smoother since installing error trap and overwatch. Also love having register, mastercontroller, story progression, and woohooer.

Yes I recently downloaded sims 4. Somehow I like the look of the sims 3 graphics more, sims 4 feels very flat/unrealistic to me, not sure how else to describe it. Also am undecided about the CAS, it's nice for some things but eh. However, I do love that you can move entire rooms and size up/down. I need to give it more of a chance, but I'm happy playing sims 3 and sims 2 super collection for the moment considering the amount and price of content available for these.
    redroses16 wrote: »
    Hi, long time lurking simmer here. Have been playing sims on and off since 2004 when Sims 2 was first released.

My favourite Sims 3 EP is probably Generations. I feel like it gives a lot more depth to my characters' stories. Sims 2 EP would definitely be University, there were so many new things it added to the gaming experience. Plus at that age it was awesome being able to pretend being at uni when you're stuck in primary school.

I love that it suits so many different playing styles. I always find myself drawn back for different reasons. It can be building big and long family tree, designing/building houses, pursuing different ambitions/interests (career, relationships, gardening), and so much more.

Definitely. testingcheats is a must for sims 2+3, I love being able to drag my sims needs to the levels I want, unlike sims 4 :'( love kaching/motherlode, moveobjects, buydebug. Also recently found out I could use to ALT key to rotate objects at any angle yay!

Give mods a try! I feel like my game has run a lot smoother since installing error trap and overwatch. Also love having register, mastercontroller, story progression, and woohooer.

Yes I recently downloaded sims 4. Somehow I like the look of the sims 3 graphics more, sims 4 feels very flat/unrealistic to me, not sure how else to describe it. Also am undecided about the CAS, it's nice for some things but eh. However, I do love that you can move entire rooms and size up/down. I need to give it more of a chance, but I'm happy playing sims 3 and sims 2 super collection for the moment considering the amount and price of content available for these.

Hello @redroses16 :) It is nice to meet you. It is great that you have started posting on the forums.
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the release of of Sims 2 in 2004. Simming is very enjoyable and fun!
    Sims 3 Generations is a great pack. It adds many special features to the game!
    It is great that we can enjoy doing a variety of things in the game from creating sims, to building homes or.venues for them to live in or enjoy visiting, and then seeing how their lives develop in the game!
  • SimRueSimRue Posts: 11 New Member
    ok, here we go!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    Cats and Dogs - I LOVE cats. the fact that they can't be controlled anymore is even better and very challenging. just like real life.

that I can play it for hours on end and not get bored

when I was younger I used the money cheats, those days I just use the resetsim cheat only.

hmm... not sure that I do :\

YES! favorite thing: a wide range of emotions especially for toddlers. Least favorite: that we can't walk around in the town :(
    SimRue wrote: »
    ok, here we go!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    Cats and Dogs - I LOVE cats. the fact that they can't be controlled anymore is even better and very challenging. just like real life.

that I can play it for hours on end and not get bored

when I was younger I used the money cheats, those days I just use the resetsim cheat only.

hmm... not sure that I do :\

YES! favorite thing: a wide range of emotions especially for toddlers. Least favorite: that we can't walk around in the town :(

Hello :)
    I have posted to you on the other threads but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    The Cats and Dogs pack is a great pack! The pets in our games are cute!
  • kasie001kasie001 Posts: 16 Member
    helloooooooooooo former lurker here looking to become--well--no longer a lurker lol. I mainly play the Sims 3, in fact it's my favorite game, but I've also played the Sims 2 and 4.

1. My favorite pack is probably Supernatural? No matter what, I always find myself in a household with some type of supernatural species, even if I started off with all humans. Also, Moonlight Falls is such a pretty neighborhood.
    2. My favorite thing about the game? Probably that there is so much content in the Sims 3 that I always find myself either discovering something new or trying a playstyle I've neglected. Most recently I came across a copy of SweetTreats, the only pack I had left to get, and had a real blast pretending my sim was Katy Perry.
    3. I tend to play with cheats. I don't really like using money cheats, I prefer making my sims really poor and having them work incredibly hard to do anything, but I'll use building cheats like move objects. I also use a lot of Nraas mods which I guess are kinda like cheats, both adding/unrestricting content and disabling features I don't like. Actually, I'm currently working on making my own Blacklist package for Nraas dresser so I can disable NPCs from aging up and deciding to wear the god-awful Into the Future clothing.
    4. Uhh most of my tips I've gotten from lurking on the forums lol, so I guess my tip would be to always check here if there's something you need help with. Most problems or questions I've had someone else had already answered which is kinda awesome.
    5. Yeah I have the Sims 4. I don't really like it, every time new content comes out I'm disappointed. I'll play it for like 20 minutes, get bored, become angry with myself for spending 40 bucks, and then fire up the Sims 3 again. However, I do love the Sims 4 CAS. Being able to unlock any outfit for any category/gender, WITHOUT having to do some xml editing? That's amazing.
    kasie001 wrote: »
    helloooooooooooo former lurker here looking to become--well--no longer a lurker lol. I mainly play the Sims 3, in fact it's my favorite game, but I've also played the Sims 2 and 4.

1. My favorite pack is probably Supernatural? No matter what, I always find myself in a household with some type of supernatural species, even if I started off with all humans. Also, Moonlight Falls is such a pretty neighborhood.
    2. My favorite thing about the game? Probably that there is so much content in the Sims 3 that I always find myself either discovering something new or trying a playstyle I've neglected. Most recently I came across a copy of SweetTreats, the only pack I had left to get, and had a real blast pretending my sim was Katy Perry.
    3. I tend to play with cheats. I don't really like using money cheats, I prefer making my sims really poor and having them work incredibly hard to do anything, but I'll use building cheats like move objects. I also use a lot of Nraas mods which I guess are kinda like cheats, both adding/unrestricting content and disabling features I don't like. Actually, I'm currently working on making my own Blacklist package for Nraas dresser so I can disable NPCs from aging up and deciding to wear the god-awful Into the Future clothing.
    4. Uhh most of my tips I've gotten from lurking on the forums lol, so I guess my tip would be to always check here if there's something you need help with. Most problems or questions I've had someone else had already answered which is kinda awesome.
    5. Yeah I have the Sims 4. I don't really like it, every time new content comes out I'm disappointed. I'll play it for like 20 minutes, get bored, become angry with myself for spending 40 bucks, and then fire up the Sims 3 again. However, I do love the Sims 4 CAS. Being able to unlock any outfit for any category/gender, WITHOUT having to do some xml editing? That's amazing.

Hello @kasie001 :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you enjoy playing with supernatural sims. They all have their own special features which add a special touch to the game.
    I hope you will enjoy posting on the forums threads about the Sims in your games,
  • GreennumberthreeGreennumberthree Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi, I was checking out challenges on the challenges forum to check out what I could do next after I was done with my Legacy challenge. I wrote them all down while just playing my Legacy and today I suddenly thought of a new challenge that I wanted to share with another human. And seen as you are the perfect humans to share this with I wanted to know how to. And that is how I ended up here. I can't wait until I get enough rights to start sharing my experience. I'll be starting today with my new challenge. Hopefully, it will be good.

I only play the Sims 3, because I have a lot of expansion packs for it. And my favorite has to be university and followed by generations.

My favorite thing about the game is seeing my family tree grow, building houses, and building neighborhoods.

When I first started 12 years ago, I didn't know any cheats. When I discovered cheats my favorites were motherload and kaching (predictable, I know). Now the only cheat I use is moveobjects and testingcheatsenabled true to edit community lots when having a party or wedding or just when I want to change something on the go.

Hmmm, I probably discovered this one 4 or 5 years ago. You can copy an object's color from another house while in building mode while being in edit color mode, clicking on the object then dragging it to your object. This is a very confusing sentence, I know, but if you really wanna know more, you can just ask. Plus this is The Sims 3, so there are not many who will be interested, I think.

Yes, my favorite thing about the game is the moods and scaling of objects is probably my favorite thing, followed by moving a whole building. My least favorite is that the base game has almost nothing you to really enjoy the game followed by the fact that the neighborhoods aren't as open worldly like The Sims 3.
    Hi, I was checking out challenges on the challenges forum to check out what I could do next after I was done with my Legacy challenge. I wrote them all down while just playing my Legacy and today I suddenly thought of a new challenge that I wanted to share with another human. And seen as you are the perfect humans to share this with I wanted to know how to. And that is how I ended up here. I can't wait until I get enough rights to start sharing my experience. I'll be starting today with my new challenge. Hopefully, it will be good.

I only play the Sims 3, because I have a lot of expansion packs for it. And my favorite has to be university and followed by generations.

My favorite thing about the game is seeing my family tree grow, building houses, and building neighborhoods.

When I first started 12 years ago, I didn't know any cheats. When I discovered cheats my favorites were motherload and kaching (predictable, I know). Now the only cheat I use is moveobjects and testingcheatsenabled true to edit community lots when having a party or wedding or just when I want to change something on the go.

Hmmm, I probably discovered this one 4 or 5 years ago. You can copy an object's color from another house while in building mode while being in edit color mode, clicking on the object then dragging it to your object. This is a very confusing sentence, I know, but if you really wanna know more, you can just ask. Plus this is The Sims 3, so there are not many who will be interested, I think.

Yes, my favorite thing about the game is the moods and scaling of objects is probably my favorite thing, followed by moving a whole building. My least favorite is that the base game has almost nothing you to really enjoy the game followed by the fact that the neighborhoods aren't as open worldly like The Sims 3.

Hello @Greennumberthree :) Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are planning to share and post about the new challenge that you have designed :) Simmers will enjoy reading the details, and having their sims do it.
    Moo and testingcheatsenabled are very helpful build mode cheats! They help simmers to express their creativity in many special creative ways in their builds!
  • KpoiKpoi Posts: 32 Member
    Hello everyone!! I love playing TS3 and TS2.

My favorite expansion pack is probably generations! I love the interactions and how much life it brought to the game, not to mention extra things such as prom and imaginary friends (I love them, though many don't, which I can see why lol.)