Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• abgirleeabgirlee Posts: 25 Member
    @rosemow Thank you. You are so kind and so helpful. :)
  • TulipSimsTulipSims Posts: 20 Member
    Hi everyone!
    I'm also a new member to this forum but not a new Sims player. I felt in love with the Sims 1 and plaid all the Sims games until my teenage brain convinced me that I should grow up and do something else with my life. Luckily my twenty something self learnt that you're never to old for something you love. And how could I even thought of The Sims as something childish?! This game is a blessing for my imagination and there is so much to discover. So I got myself a new gaming laptop, dived into The Sims 4 and loved every second of it. That's why I also want to take part in this community and tadaa that's what lead up till this introduction. ;)

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    Right now I love every single thing of the Sims 4, I bought a lot of packs at once so there's a lot to discover. I really like the wellness pack since that's a skill I love on my sims. Of course the pets are adorable and I can't wait till Seasons!!!

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    The immense diversity of stories you can create and the fact that you're never finished with this game and can let your imagination run freely.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    Yes, although I like my sims to start without a lot of money, I do like the money cheats for building purposes. Mostly for using a lot of decoration to make a house seems more alive. I also couldn't live without moveobjects.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Not really, but since I like to start over and over again with new families I discovered that it's a lot more fun to keep playing in the same world. Before I started a new game for every family, but that way my town never developed.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes, I'm all about The Sims 4 at the moment. My favorite thing is the city and toddlers. I read the game hadn't toddlers in the beginning, I can't even imagine. There so super duper adorable. I love to teach them everything and just watch their.. how do you call it.. animations, expressions? Well just love to watch them. ;)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello @TulipSims :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming”again !
    I am looking forward to Sims 4 Seasons also! It will be great for our sims to experience a variety of different weather conditions and do seasonal activities.
    The MOO is cheat is so very helpful and useful when building!
    The toddlers in the game are so very cute! <3
  • Hello_Katie7Hello_Katie7 Posts: 34 Member
    Sul Sul! My name is Kate, I'm relatively new to these forums, although I'm not new to the Sims. I've been simming since I was a teenager, since 'The Sims' came out.
    I've had all of the games in PC format, with the exception of Sims 3, which I had on the XBOX 360.
    I love the Sims 4, but I'd love for it to integrate some aspects of previous games I'd be here all day if I had to list them all - but I'm sure we all have similar views.
    I thought I'd answer the questions from the original post though to share more about myself.

1. What is your favourite EP/SP and why ? I think if we're talking about current Sims 4, for EP choice I'd go with either Cats and Dogs or City Living. I love the aspect of having a pet and the vet option and owing a vets. I also love the festivals that they have in San Myshuno. When it comes to SP, I love Laundry Day! (sad I know) but I love washing the clothes by hand and hanging them out to dry etc. Some of the items that come with the pack I love too!

2. What is your favourite thing about the game? I love building homes, I can spend days/weeks creating buildings until I'm happy with how they turn out.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Yes, mainly move objects and unlock settlement.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? None that I can think of......... I just do my own thing.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favourite and least favourite things? I wish we had the ability to go to the supermarket like we had in previous games and buy shopping, or do an online shop. I'd also like to have some sort of farming aspect to the game so I could grow more produce. Not really fussed about the toddler/kid packs, I prefer to concentrate on the career and building aspects of the game.

Hopefully this gives you a bit of an insight into my game play. :smile:
    Sul Sul! My name is Kate, I'm relatively new to these forums, although I'm not new to the Sims. I've been simming since I was a teenager, since 'The Sims' came out.
    I've had all of the games in PC format, with the exception of Sims 3, which I had on the XBOX 360.
    I love the Sims 4, but I'd love for it to integrate some aspects of previous games I'd be here all day if I had to list them all - but I'm sure we all have similar views.
    I thought I'd answer the questions from the original post though to share more about myself.

1. What is your favourite EP/SP and why ? I think if we're talking about current Sims 4, for EP choice I'd go with either Cats and Dogs or City Living. I love the aspect of having a pet and the vet option and owing a vets. I also love the festivals that they have in San Myshuno. When it comes to SP, I love Laundry Day! (sad I know) but I love washing the clothes by hand and hanging them out to dry etc. Some of the items that come with the pack I love too!

2. What is your favourite thing about the game? I love building homes, I can spend days/weeks creating buildings until I'm happy with how they turn out.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Yes, mainly move objects and unlock settlement.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? None that I can think of......... I just do my own thing.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favourite and least favourite things? I wish we had the ability to go to the supermarket like we had in previous games and buy shopping, or do an online shop. I'd also like to have some sort of farming aspect to the game so I could grow more produce. Not really fussed about the toddler/kid packs, I prefer to concentrate on the career and building aspects of the game.

Hopefully this gives you a bit of an insight into my game play. :smile:

Hello @Hello_Katie7 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since you were a teen and have played the pc version of each game, except for the console version of Sims 3. Simming is fun! :)
    The expansion and stuff packs that are your favourites are great! I like the Laundry stuff pack also! It adds a nice real touch to the lives of our sims, that they do their washing also. Cats and dogs are cute pets in our games! The vet career is a great part of the pack and addition to the game.
    Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is great that you enjoy doing it. It is a special way of showing our creativity through the game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • willium_davidwillium_david Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi, my name is Wil!

May favorite EP for Sims 4 is probably Cats and Dogs or City Living. I love animals, and I think Cats and Dogs is probably the best version of pets we've had (it lacks a lot of pets, but the ones we get are top tier!). I love San Myshuno and everything it adds to the game!

My favorite thing about the game is creating little lives with my Sims. I am currently going through and editing/updating all the lots so I haven't played with the actual sims in awhile, but I've really improved my building/decorating skills.

I recently broke my old laptop and so I lost all of my Sims data. Because of this I've been using cheats to get back to where I was (skills, money, etc.). And of course I could not play sims properly without the move objects cheat.

I'm sure most people know this but it took me years to figure out how to freely place and rotate objects (holding down alt) and how to raise and lower objects (using 9 and 0 keys).

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Oh man, I could go on and on for both of these. I think my favorite things are how real the sims seem and all the fun things I can do with them. I am constantly finding new things to do! My least favorite things are the common things people complain about, probably the top of my list is the fact that you can't build out buildings without foundations if your house has a foundation. This is closely followed by lack of open world.

I'm excited to meet new people and talk about The Sims!
    Hi, my name is Wil!

May favorite EP for Sims 4 is probably Cats and Dogs or City Living. I love animals, and I think Cats and Dogs is probably the best version of pets we've had (it lacks a lot of pets, but the ones we get are top tier!). I love San Myshuno and everything it adds to the game!

My favorite thing about the game is creating little lives with my Sims. I am currently going through and editing/updating all the lots so I haven't played with the actual sims in awhile, but I've really improved my building/decorating skills.

I recently broke my old laptop and so I lost all of my Sims data. Because of this I've been using cheats to get back to where I was (skills, money, etc.). And of course I could not play sims properly without the move objects cheat.

I'm sure most people know this but it took me years to figure out how to freely place and rotate objects (holding down alt) and how to raise and lower objects (using 9 and 0 keys).

Oh man, I could go on and on for both of these. I think my favorite things are how real the sims seem and all the fun things I can do with them. I am constantly finding new things to do! My least favorite things are the common things people complain about, probably the top of my list is the fact that you can't build out buildings without foundations if your house has a foundation. This is closely followed by lack of open world.

I'm excited to meet new people and talk about The Sims!

Hello @willium_david :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Cats and Dogs ep is a great pack! It is very nice to see our sims interracting with their pets! It is great that sims have the option of living in apartments in San Myshuno, with the addition of the City Living Pack!
    I hope that editing and updating of the lots in your game continues to go well, and that you will enjoying having your sims live in the homes, and visiting the venues.
    I am sorry that your old laptop was broken and that you lost your sims data :( That isn’t too good at all!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, and find helpful tips about playing the game,
  • TulipSimsTulipSims Posts: 20 Member
    I've got a question about my new membership and didn't really knew where to ask this question. So since this is a New members club, I thought it maybe would fit in here. I'm looking forward to become a member (obviously) and I've read that you need:
    - 25 points
    - 15 posts
    - and must be a New Member for 1 day
    But I've got 26 points, 17 posts and still am a new member. Is there something I'm missing or am I impatient and will it just take some time? (I'm a new member since February.)
    @rosemow said:

It is very nice that you have been simming since you were a teen and have played the pc version of each game, except for the console version of Sims 3. Simming is fun! :)
    The expansion and stuff packs that are your favourites are great! I like the Laundry stuff pack also! It adds a nice real touch to the lives of our sims, that they do their washing also. Cats and dogs are cute pets in our games! The vet career is a great part of the pack and addition to the game.
    Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is great that you enjoy doing it. It is a special way of showing our creativity through the game. Happy simming! :)

Thank you for the warm welcome! :)
    TulipSims wrote: »
    I've got a question about my new membership and didn't really knew where to ask this question. So since this is a New members club, I thought it maybe would fit in here. I'm looking forward to become a member (obviously) and I've read that you need:
    - 25 points
    - 15 posts
    - and must be a New Member for 1 day
    But I've got 26 points, 17 posts and still am a new member. Is there something I'm missing or am I impatient and will it just take some time? (I'm a new member since February.)

Congratulations on becoming a full member! @TulipSims :) Happy simming!
    @rosemow said:

Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is great that you enjoy doing it. It is a special way of showing our creativity through the game. Happy simming! :)

Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

You’re welcome @Hello_Katie7 :)
  • hiddencasthiddencast Posts: 24 Member
    First off hi. Im krissie. I have been on these forms for years now, but only recently started to want to interact with other simers. I adore the sims but was getting bored. I do the same things over and over. iw as hopeing that getting involved and talking to you all more would help me get ideas for new ways to play. i currently am making a blog for some storys i create while doing challanges from other users. Hhaving a blast with it. Im currently doing the Steping up challange. First sim died in the appartment thanks to cooking bad pufferfish....so that sucked....started over. thats cool. Now dureing the challange the story is about an alian princess with her dog, and there was a war on her planet so her race ran away. several of her race landed on earth (her, and other aliens i find around sim towns) And its about how shes learning to live as a regular person. and how she moves on up in life.

now secondly this

PLEASE REMEMBER: Please do not directly ask for point-based reactions (ie. "Press Like/Awesome on this post so I can become a member") per the forum rules.
    That WAS going to be my opening line ;) Just kidding. lol

Finally lets answer some questions. Here goes.
    Some Questions to Get You Started
    honest to god i have no clue what this means. so if someone could kindly explain i would be quite greatful

Are you kidding? I cant pick a favorite.
    Fisr off i love that i can have kids and make them do EXACTLY what i want. lol I love that i can create a ME that i DREAM is reality. I love tat i can creat a me that IS reality. I love that i have to use my brain when i have more than one sim to controll and plan out exactly how i want the next 4 hours to go. example, this sim will pee, this sim will eat, this sim raises there book level and as soon as the first sim leaves the bathroom ill make this sim use it then head to bed. I ADORE IT ALL

Plus the new packs and adventures there are to find. and looking at all the cool buildings. desigining your own building (now im just talking about the game itself.) told you i cant pick a favorite thing xD

And vampires to. thats so much fun. i cant wait for seasons!

Not often, but if i do, its simply to re edit a sims traits or to remove some bad moodlets. I typically dont use them unless i have to.
    Not that i dissagree with them, i think there fun and a great addition. I just dont know as much as others about the cheats. so i leave it be.

i would advise that if your looking for relaxing, play only one sim at a time xD

YES! And again with the favs.....come on...

I like to go to work. all of the careers are epic, i like to have cats and dogs, i like to go on vacation, i like to raise my child. owning a resturant and or vet is jujst fantastic. excetra excetra excetra.....

And...yeah. so thats me. Hope i get to memeber soon enough im having some issue and want advice, i also wish to share my stories here, and i would love some new friends. :)
    hiddencast wrote: »
    First off hi. Im krissie. I have been on these forms for years now, but only recently started to want to interact with other simers. I adore the sims but was getting bored. I do the same things over and over. iw as hopeing that getting involved and talking to you all more would help me get ideas for new ways to play. i currently am making a blog for some storys i create while doing challanges from other users. Hhaving a blast with it. Im currently doing the Steping up challange. First sim died in the appartment thanks to cooking bad pufferfish....so that plum....started over. thats cool. Now dureing the challange the story is about an alian princess with her dog, and there was a war on her planet so her race ran away. several of her race landed on earth (her, and other aliens i find around sim towns) And its about how shes learning to live as a regular person. and how she moves on up in life.

now secondly this

PLEASE REMEMBER: Please do not directly ask for point-based reactions (ie. "Press Like/Awesome on this post so I can become a member") per the forum rules.
    That WAS going to be my opening line ;) Just kidding. lol

Finally lets answer some questions. Here goes.
    Some Questions to Get You Started
    honest to god i have no clue what this means. so if someone could kindly explain i would be quite greatful

Are you kidding? I cant pick a favorite.
    Fisr off i love that i can have kids and make them do EXACTLY what i want. lol I love that i can create a ME that i DREAM is reality. I love tat i can creat a me that IS reality. I love that i have to use my brain when i have more than one sim to controll and plan out exactly how i want the next 4 hours to go. example, this sim will pee, this sim will eat, this sim raises there book level and as soon as the first sim leaves the bathroom ill make this sim use it then head to bed. I ADORE IT ALL

Plus the new packs and adventures there are to find. and looking at all the cool buildings. desigining your own building (now im just talking about the game itself.) told you i cant pick a favorite thing xD

And vampires to. thats so much fun. i cant wait for seasons!

Not often, but if i do, its simply to re edit a sims traits or to remove some bad moodlets. I typically dont use them unless i have to.
    Not that i dissagree with them, i think there fun and a great addition. I just dont know as much as others about the cheats. so i leave it be.

i would advise that if your looking for relaxing, play only one sim at a time xD

YES! And again with the favs.....come on...

I like to go to work. all of the careers are epic, i like to have cats and dogs, i like to go on vacation, i like to raise my child. owning a resturant and or vet is jujst fantastic. excetra excetra excetra.....

And...yeah. so thats me. Hope i get to memeber soon enough im having some issue and want advice, i also wish to share my stories here, and i would love some new friends. :)

Hello @hiddencast :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the posting on the forums!
    It is great that you are enjoying doing simming challenges and are planning to post here on the forums your stories created whilst doing the challenges. Simmers will enjoy reading your stories and hearing about the sims from your games! It wasn’t good that your sim died from eating poor quality pufferfish! The alien princess and her dog story sounds great!
    With question one, it means what is your favourite expansion pack ( such as City Living, or Cats and Dogs etc ) and stuff pack ( such as Laundry Stuff, Vintage Glamour etc, )
    It is great that you enjoy doing a variety of things in Sims 4 :)
  • hiddencasthiddencast Posts: 24 Member
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @hiddencast :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the posting on the forums!
    > It is great that you are enjoying doing simming challenges and are planning to post here on the forums your stories created whilst doing the challenges. Simmers will enjoy reading your stories and hearing about the sims from your games! It wasn’t good that your sim died from eating poor quality pufferfish! The alien princess and her dog story sounds great!
    > With question one, it means what is your favourite expansion pack ( such as City Living, or Cats and Dogs etc ) and stuff pack ( such as Laundry Stuff, Vintage Glamour etc, )
    > It is great that you enjoy doing a variety of things in Sims 4 :)
    > Happy simming! :)

That makes Sense. Hmmm fav ep would be......get to work. I like the others but get to work actually gives you new locations, specific things to do...it changes the games dinamic. You dont just sit for five minutes waiting for 8 or 9 hours to pass in game.

SP.... i dont get many of these. but i did get the luxury pack. new hot tub and patio furniture is great.

And im glad people will enjoy my stories. i have been into writeing for a long time (even though my spelling SUCKS) and i have been inlove with sims for so long put them togeather and omg fun! xD
    hiddencast wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @hiddencast :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the posting on the forums!
    > It is great that you are enjoying doing simming challenges and are planning to post here on the forums your stories created whilst doing the challenges. Simmers will enjoy reading your stories and hearing about the sims from your games! It wasn’t good that your sim died from eating poor quality pufferfish! The alien princess and her dog story sounds great!
    > With question one, it means what is your favourite expansion pack ( such as City Living, or Cats and Dogs etc ) and stuff pack ( such as Laundry Stuff, Vintage Glamour etc, )
    > It is great that you enjoy doing a variety of things in Sims 4 :)
    > Happy simming! :)

That makes Sense. Hmmm fav ep would be......get to work. I like the others but get to work actually gives you new locations, specific things to do...it changes the games dinamic. You dont just sit for five minutes waiting for 8 or 9 hours to pass in game.

SP.... i dont get many of these. but i did get the luxury pack. new hot tub and patio furniture is great.

And im glad people will enjoy my stories. i have been into writeing for a long time (even though my spelling plum) and i have been inlove with sims for so long put them togeather and omg fun! xD

Get to Work is a great expansion pack! @hiddencast :) It is nice going with our sims to their work. The active careers are enjoyable to do also.
    You now have the required posts and points to become a full member. Try logging out of the site, then back in again and it should show you as a full member :)
  • WooldropWooldrop Posts: 89 Member
    Hi, I'm Wooldrop. First time poster, long time simmer. Not sure why I am just now getting around to the forums, I think I forgot they existed. lol

So...

Fav EP/SP? Seasons, so I am looking forward to the new one. Cautiously optimistic.

Fav thing about the game? The building and creating. I love having an idea, then executing it in game.

Cheats? Yes, when building they are helpful. Mostly use motherlode, move objects, and unlock.

Tips/ Tricks? Hmm... when building, try to plan out what you want to do and pick a theme or color scheme.

Sims4/ Yes, I do like the newer graphics but miss the recoloring in CAS, and the landscaping/terrian tools.

So, that's me, or my simmer self atleast. Happy simming
    Gallery ID: WoolDrop

My Creations Thread is HERE

Follow me on Twitter: @DropWool
    Wooldrop wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Wooldrop. First time poster, long time simmer. Not sure why I am just now getting around to the forums, I think I forgot they existed. lol

So...

Fav EP/SP? Seasons, so I am looking forward to the new one. Cautiously optimistic.

Fav thing about the game? The building and creating. I love having an idea, then executing it in game.

Cheats? Yes, when building they are helpful. Mostly use motherlode, move objects, and unlock.

Tips/ Tricks? Hmm... when building, try to plan out what you want to do and pick a theme or color scheme.

Sims4/ Yes, I do like the newer graphics but miss the recoloring in CAS, and the landscaping/terrian tools.

So, that's me, or my simmer self atleast. Happy simming

Hello @Wooldrop :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I am looking forward to Seasons also! It sounds so great! It will be very special for our sims to enjoy the seasonal weather conditions, holidays and activities!
    Building homes and venues, and creating sims are special parts of simming! It is enjoyable bringing our design ideas into sims gameform! The MOO cheat is very helpful for us to express our creativity!
    edited June 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    Congratulations on becoming a full member @Hello_Katie7 :) Happy simming!

Thank you so much! And thank you again for being so welcoming! :smiley:
    rosemow wrote: »
    Congratulations on becoming a full member @Hello_Katie7 :) Happy simming!

Thank you so much! And thank you again for being so welcoming! :smiley:

You’re welcome! :) Just a little note. You aren’t allowed to have personal photos of yourself as your Avi. If your Avi photo is a picture of yourself, it would be best to change it.
  • MaybellineLOréalMaybellineLOréal Posts: 5 New Member
    First time PC Simmer here, my favorite aspect of the game is the in-game customizations. Common cheats I use are the "fill needs", career, and skill cheats. So far, I don't have any tips and tricks I would recommend other than cheats, but I do think Simmers can enhance their experience with role-playing or themed storylines.
  • SimsiliaYTSimsiliaYT Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello! I'm new here so i decided to join this. My favorite expansion pack is probably cats and dogs. I just love having animals in my game and all the furniture is so pretty too.
    SimsiliaYT wrote: »
    Hello! I'm new here so i decided to join this. My favorite expansion pack is probably cats and dogs. I just love having animals in my game and all the furniture is so pretty too.

Hello @SimsiliaYT :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have joined the simming forums community! Cats and Dogs is a great sims 4 pack! The pets are very cute! They are special members of our sims households and it is enjoyable seeing the interactions between sims and their pets.
  • WooldropWooldrop Posts: 89 Member
    Thanks for the welcome. And hello and welcome to the other newcomers
    Gallery ID: WoolDrop

My Creations Thread is HERE

Follow me on Twitter: @DropWool