Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    Torchgirl42Torchgirl42 Posts: 30 Member
    Hi! Torchgirl, here! I have recently started playing the Sims 3 on a more regular basis again. I'm technically not that new, but it's been a few years since I've participated in the forums (e.i. mostly lurking & reading other people's legacy stories while posting very little). In fact the last time I commented on anything was when the Forums were in the old set-up. It's been awhile.

Anyway since I started playing again, I figured that I would see how active the forums still were and here I am.

Some Questions to Get You Started
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?

I'd say it's a tie between Pets and Supernatural. I absolutely love having my sims interact with their pets. I find it adorable. But I also love making Supernatural type sims. Especially witches. Why get a job when I can just stand here conjuring apples and converting them all day.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?

My favourite thing about this game is that no matter how times I play it or start a new game, it will always be fresh and different. I don't go into the game knowing exactly what's going to happen that day. What I plan on doing could easily do a 180 because my sims think differently.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

I don't play with them anymore, but when I did I'd usually use the static motives and the money cheats.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

I guess I already shared the only tip I can think of. Witch sims! Who needs a job or a kitchen when you can conjure apples!

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

I do not have The Sims 4. Never saw the point of getting it while The Sims 3 still worked perfectly fine for me.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hi! Torchgirl, here! I have recently started playing the Sims 3 on a more regular basis again. I'm technically not that new, but it's been a few years since I've participated in the forums (e.i. mostly lurking & reading other people's legacy stories while posting very little). In fact the last time I commented on anything was when the Forums were in the old set-up. It's been awhile.

Anyway since I started playing again, I figured that I would see how active the forums still were and here I am.

Some Questions to Get You Started

I'd say it's a tie between Pets and Supernatural. I absolutely love having my sims interact with their pets. I find it adorable. But I also love making Supernatural type sims. Especially witches. Why get a job when I can just stand here conjuring apples and converting them all day.

My favourite thing about this game is that no matter how times I play it or start a new game, it will always be fresh and different. I don't go into the game knowing exactly what's going to happen that day. What I plan on doing could easily do a 180 because my sims think differently.

I don't play with them anymore, but when I did I'd usually use the static motives and the money cheats.

I guess I already shared the only tip I can think of. Witch sims! Who needs a job or a kitchen when you can conjure apples!

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

I do not have The Sims 4. Never saw the point of getting it while The Sims 3 still worked perfectly fine for me.

Hello @Torchgirl42 :) Welcome to posting on the new forums site!
    Sims 3 Pets and Supernatural expansion packs are great! It is enjoyable having pets as part of our sims households and seeing the ways that the sims and their pets interact. It is very nice seeing the sims riding their horses from one place to another. The unicorns are very special :)
    It is great that you enjoy creating and playing Supernatural sims. It is nice that we can have fun playing a household that contains each of the different types of sims that Supernatural and other ep packs brought to the game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    IverschristineIverschristine Posts: 30 Member
    Hi all!

My favorite ES/SP is probably vacation! I love traveling to different countries/worlds and engaging in various activities related to that particular world's culture!

My favorite thing about the game is to BUILD BUILD BUILD and interior design!!!

I'm a cheater. I play with all the cheats! LOL! I guess I just use them to discover all the possibilities available to the sim, then determine which goals I would like to try without the cheats and do those.

Tricks and tips: If you have a Mac get a mouse! It's so much easier to build. And be creative with objects! You can enlarge them to become part of a house or shrink them to become a cute shelf decoration. The possibilities are endless! Also if you take a lot of pictures like I do, you should move them to a separate folder on your computer so the game won't slow when you accidentally open the gallery while you're playing the game.

YAS. I do have the sims 4. I dislike that it takes so long for the packs to come out and that you can't manipulate terrain, or build your own apartments. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the graphics!!! It allows for some of the best pictures and movies for the game so far.
  • Options
    @Tyler4768

I haven't been able to play the sims 3 on my Mac! It won't work for some weird reason! That is so neat that you can create your own house boats!
  • Options
    Hi all!

My favorite ES/SP is probably vacation! I love traveling to different countries/worlds and engaging in various activities related to that particular world's culture!

My favorite thing about the game is to BUILD BUILD BUILD and interior design!!!

I'm a cheater. I play with all the cheats! LOL! I guess I just use them to discover all the possibilities available to the sim, then determine which goals I would like to try without the cheats and do those.

Tricks and tips: If you have a Mac get a mouse! It's so much easier to build. And be creative with objects! You can enlarge them to become part of a house or shrink them to become a cute shelf decoration. The possibilities are endless! Also if you take a lot of pictures like I do, you should move them to a separate folder on your computer so the game won't slow when you accidentally open the gallery while you're playing the game.

YAS. I do have the sims 4. I dislike that it takes so long for the packs to come out and that you can't manipulate terrain, or build your own apartments. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the graphics!!! It allows for some of the best pictures and movies for the game so far.

Hello @Iverschristine :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “happy simming” again to you :)
    The moo cheat. the debug cheat and the cheat to unlock career items are very helpful when building! It is also enjoyable increasing and reducing the size of items to use in creative ways!
    Happy simming and building! :)
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Iverschristine :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “happy simming” again to you :)
    > The moo cheat. the debug cheat and the cheat to unlock career items are very helpful when building! It is also enjoyable increasing and reducing the size of items to use in creative ways!
    > Happy simming and building! :)

@rosemow Thank you! I use those cheats quite a bit! I really love the debug cheat. I don't have to plant and grow a lot of the fruit trees with that.... I've been trying to create poses on the sims 4 through Andrew's pose player, but the updated version after pets doesn't seem to be working on my Mac and I don't know why... Also, I want to create my own cc, but I'm not even sure where to start. Do you create cc?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Iverschristine :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “happy simming” again to you :)
    > The moo cheat. the debug cheat and the cheat to unlock career items are very helpful when building! It is also enjoyable increasing and reducing the size of items to use in creative ways!
    > Happy simming and building! :)

@rosemow Thank you! I use those cheats quite a bit! I really love the debug cheat. I don't have to plant and grow a lot of the fruit trees with that.... I've been trying to create poses on the sims 4 through Andrew's pose player, but the updated version after pets doesn't seem to be working on my Mac and I don't know why... Also, I want to create my own cc, but I'm not even sure where to start. Do you create cc?

Hello @Iverschristine
    I don’t create cc. Many simmers use the Sims 4 Studio tool to make cc. This is a link to tutorials which may help you.
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/662/index-studio-tutorials-online-manual
    You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
  • Options
    MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    Hi! My name is Merelhyn. I love to build things. My sister love to then play in live mode with it. I'm not an English native speaker.

I think I'll go with Seasons. I just love the snow, love to play with season markers and generally love the objects that came with it.

Building, hands down. That's basically all my activity.

I'm starting to play around a little with CFE but I'm not that proficient to be honest even if I'm getting better.
  • Options
    EndereclipsedEndereclipsed Posts: 164 Member
    Wassup fellow simmer peeps.
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? My favorite EP is Cats and dogs, because animals makes a single sim or a family happier.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? How much you can do in the game to make an living.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I try not to, but I do use the bb.moveobjects cheat.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? I don't.
    Origin ID: EnderEclipsed
    36500e4441a9d06fa219f2b378eea26a.gif
  • Options
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Merelhyn. I love to build things. My sister love to then play in live mode with it. I'm not an English native speaker.

I think I'll go with Seasons. I just love the snow, love to play with season markers and generally love the objects that came with it.

Building, hands down. That's basically all my activity.

I'm starting to play around a little with CFE but I'm not that proficient to be honest even if I'm getting better.

Hello @Merelhyn :) It is nice to meet you, Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that both you and your sister are simmers <3 You would enjoy chatting about The Sims and playing the game together.
    Seasons is a great pack! It is enjoyable seeing the changing weather conditions and different world landscapes through the seasons.
    Building is a very special part of simming! It is great to create sims game versions of real life homes. It is also a special way of expressing our creativity.
  • Options
    Wassup fellow simmer peeps.
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? My favorite EP is Cats and dogs, because animals makes a single sim or a family happier.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? How much you can do in the game to make an living.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I try not to, but I do use the bb.moveobjects cheat.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? I don't.

Hello @Endereclipsed :) It is nice to meet you, Welcome to the forums!
    Cats and Dogs is a great ep! It is special that our sims can enjoy having pets as a part of their household,. It is very nice seeing the sims interacting with their pets.
    The moo cheat is very helpful to use when building! It helps us as we express our creativity through the game in a variety of ways.
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow ! It was my sister's idea to buy me the Sims 3 in the first place, some years ago now. And she surprised me again this Christmas by offering me Midnight Hollow! So I am coming back to the game these days.
  • Options
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    Thank you @rosemow ! It was my sister's idea to buy me the Sims 3 in the first place, some years ago now. And she surprised me again this Christmas by offering me Midnight Hollow! So I am coming back to the game these days.

You’re welcome :) It was very nice that your sister gave you Midnight Hollow for Christmas <3 It is a great Christmas gift to receive!
  • Options
    hananasplithananasplit Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi there! I've been playing the Sims 3 for quite some time now, and just recently picked it up again on the winter break home. I've always just kind of lurked on forums, read up on other people's legacies and crazy stories! And I figured that I have a few to share so why not finally make an account, right? So here we go!

Ooh good question. I have every EP except for Supernatural and Showtime. I really enjoy Generations and Seasons because I feel like they add to the realism of my game. I also tend to have very large families in game (very much of a family simmer) so Generations really helped round out my gameplay.

I can always do something to liven it up! There's no such thing as writers block when the story is happening with or without you. There's always festivals, parties, babies, affairs, tons of stuff you can do/attend to liven up the gameplay.

I've gotta admit that I do at times! Mainly motherlode, but only when it helps my plot! One of my current households are two struggling artists-types, but he's a rebel and came from a really well-off family (they met in university), so I figured when their kid was born, his parents (who he's not on speaking terms with) sent him some cash in the way of 50 000. I always try and justify my cheats I guess! :wink:

If you're a major family simmer like I am, and really just hate the baby phase, get a swing from the store! It keeps their moods high and you don't have to deal with that sack of potatoes for the next two to three hours.

I don't have it yet but one of my best friends does, so I've been able to play it a bit. I really like the create a sim, although it took some getting used to, (sliders are better though), and least favorite would probably be how empty the game feels? Like even without all my expansion packs, Sims 3 still felt pretty full and complete on it's own, and EPs kind of act like enhancers, but in Sims 4, it just feels really incomplete, which is weird since it's starting to get around the same time of another release (if EA follows the same timeframe).
  • Options
    KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    Hiya all! ^_^ My name is Kieara or KP for short.
    I have been playing Sims since Sims 2 and started Sims 3 back in 2011 but just started utilizing create a pattern and uploading stuff to the exchange yesterdayish? I vaguely remember there being an ability to get sims points by watching videos and couldn't find any so read on the forums why and read some more random stuff and then decided to come and say hiya.

-My fav EP/SP is Island Paradise, loooove mermaids and underwater things, anything related to Atlantis really...the fact you can dive and hunt for seashells really is the cherry on top.

-I love building and using my imagination to create and make stories for my Sims.

-Yes. Move objects sooo very much. Just discovered the constrain elevation cheat literally last month lol would've been so very handy for that first Atlantis Palace I tried building last year, so I am currently making a second themed one now that I know about it.

-Don't know if it is posted here yet, 60 + pages to get through is a bit much right now, but if you don't like using the cheats for money in sims and own Roaring Heights, buy the fixer upper car for $350 and take time to fix it. It'll raise your handiness skill and when it's finished fixing sell it for $39,000.
  • Options
    Hi there! I've been playing the Sims 3 for quite some time now, and just recently picked it up again on the winter break home. I've always just kind of lurked on forums, read up on other people's legacies and crazy stories! And I figured that I have a few to share so why not finally make an account, right? So here we go!

Ooh good question. I have every EP except for Supernatural and Showtime. I really enjoy Generations and Seasons because I feel like they add to the realism of my game. I also tend to have very large families in game (very much of a family simmer) so Generations really helped round out my gameplay.

I can always do something to liven it up! There's no such thing as writers block when the story is happening with or without you. There's always festivals, parties, babies, affairs, tons of stuff you can do/attend to liven up the gameplay.

I've gotta admit that I do at times! Mainly motherlode, but only when it helps my plot! One of my current households are two struggling artists-types, but he's a rebel and came from a really well-off family (they met in university), so I figured when their kid was born, his parents (who he's not on speaking terms with) sent him some cash in the way of 50 000. I always try and justify my cheats I guess! :wink:

If you're a major family simmer like I am, and really just hate the baby phase, get a swing from the store! It keeps their moods high and you don't have to deal with that sack of potatoes for the next two to three hours.

I don't have it yet but one of my best friends does, so I've been able to play it a bit. I really like the create a sim, although it took some getting used to, (sliders are better though), and least favorite would probably be how empty the game feels? Like even without all my expansion packs, Sims 3 still felt pretty full and complete on it's own, and EPs kind of act like enhancers, but in Sims 4, it just feels really incomplete, which is weird since it's starting to get around the same time of another release (if EA follows the same timeframe).

Hello @hananasplit :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “happy simming” again to you :)
    Seasons and Generations are great sims 3 packs! The changing weather conditions through the day, and the differing landscape through the seasons are very nice. There are many great seasonal activities for our sims to enjoy doing.Generations added a lot of enjoyable features for family game play.
    The swing that can be bought from the Sims 3 store is very helpful in the game!
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    Hiya all! ^_^ My name is Kieara or KP for short.
    I have been playing Sims since Sims 2 and started Sims 3 back in 2011 but just started utilizing create a pattern and uploading stuff to the exchange yesterdayish? I vaguely remember there being an ability to get sims points by watching videos and couldn't find any so read on the forums why and read some more random stuff and then decided to come and say hiya.

-My fav EP/SP is Island Paradise, loooove mermaids and underwater things, anything related to Atlantis really...the fact you can dive and hunt for seashells really is the cherry on top.

-I love building and using my imagination to create and make stories for my Sims.

-Yes. Move objects sooo very much. Just discovered the constrain elevation cheat literally last month lol would've been so very handy for that first Atlantis Palace I tried building last year, so I am currently making a second themed one now that I know about it.

-Don't know if it is posted here yet, 60 + pages to get through is a bit much right now, but if you don't like using the cheats for money in sims and own Roaring Heights, buy the fixer upper car for $350 and take time to fix it. It'll raise your handiness skill and when it's finished fixing sell it for $39,000.

Hello @KiearaPhoenix :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2 then that led you to playing Sims 3. It is great that you have now started uploading items to the Exchange and sharing them with the simming community.
    Island Paradise is a very nice Sims 3 pack! Isla Paradiso is a very nice world for sims to enjoy living in! It is nice that they can live in houseboats and run resorts, Mermaids are very special!
    Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is very nice spending time in build and buy mode, building homes or venues, furnishing the interiors and landscaping the outdoors areas! The moo cheat is very helpful as we express our creativity in the game!
  • Options
    KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    Thanks for the welcome @Rosemow ^_^ "Moo cheat" is that what it is called lol that's so cute! Yes I do love decorating and building. Someday I'll upload some lots on the exchange.
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome @Rosemow ^_^ "Moo cheat" is that what it is called lol that's so cute! Yes I do love decorating and building. Someday I'll upload some lots on the exchange.

You’re welcome :) Moo cheat is what many simmers call it :)
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I guess I should post here, I'm technically a new member even though I've been here for ages. Just haven't really posted much before, but am starting to be less lurker-like now :).

1. What is your favourite EP/SP and why ?
    So I've played Sims 1, 2 & 4. For Sims 1 I think Vacation or Makin' Magic were my favourites (though it's been so long now I can't quite remember it all - just that I loved it :)). For Sims 2 I'm pretty sure it was University, though I didn't get all the expansions, stopped about halfway through I think. For Sims 4, my favourite so far is Get Together. Windenburg plus the club system I use constantly.

2. What is your favourite thing about the game?
    Recently it's been building, Sims 4 is fab for building and I'm slowly rebuilding every world. Some buildings I'm renovating if I like the structure, a few I'm just giving an interior design makeover, some I'm completely redoing. It's fun :).

Not really. I like making my sims struggle! I only sometimes cheat at the start - sometimes I want the sim to come from a rich family or similar so I give them extra money to start with. But generally only at the start, as a setup. After that, generally no cheats (apart from resetting if things get buggy). Oh and move objects on, a must for building.

Can't think of anything... My favourite building trick I learnt recently was for placing clutter better. Needs move objects on. Place clutter on a surface (table, counter, etc.) then move away the counter to leave the object floating. Then using alt you can move it freely and keep it floating. Add in as many objects as you like this way, floating in a location. Then move the surface back and items are freely placed on it.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favourite and least favourite things?
    Yes, building is one of my favourites in the series. The gallery too, didn't use it before. I also like the worlds, I actually really like all the backgrounds, the small things everywhere. I know people complain about too much work going into backdrops, but compare it to Sims 1/2 when nothing was anywhere I much prefer it - the worlds feel so much more alive!

Anyway that's me. Also feel free to check me out on the gallery (username MissTiquelle same as here), happy to get feedback & I take request builds as well. Hope to see everyone around a bit more :).
  • Options
    I guess I should post here, I'm technically a new member even though I've been here for ages. Just haven't really posted much before, but am starting to be less lurker-like now :).

1. What is your favourite EP/SP and why ?
    So I've played Sims 1, 2 & 4. For Sims 1 I think Vacation or Makin' Magic were my favourites (though it's been so long now I can't quite remember it all - just that I loved it :)). For Sims 2 I'm pretty sure it was University, though I didn't get all the expansions, stopped about halfway through I think. For Sims 4, my favourite so far is Get Together. Windenburg plus the club system I use constantly.

2. What is your favourite thing about the game?
    Recently it's been building, Sims 4 is fab for building and I'm slowly rebuilding every world. Some buildings I'm renovating if I like the structure, a few I'm just giving an interior design makeover, some I'm completely redoing. It's fun :).

Not really. I like making my sims struggle! I only sometimes cheat at the start - sometimes I want the sim to come from a rich family or similar so I give them extra money to start with. But generally only at the start, as a setup. After that, generally no cheats (apart from resetting if things get buggy). Oh and move objects on, a must for building.

Can't think of anything... My favourite building trick I learnt recently was for placing clutter better. Needs move objects on. Place clutter on a surface (table, counter, etc.) then move away the counter to leave the object floating. Then using alt you can move it freely and keep it floating. Add in as many objects as you like this way, floating in a location. Then move the surface back and items are freely placed on it.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favourite and least favourite things?
    Yes, building is one of my favourites in the series. The gallery too, didn't use it before. I also like the worlds, I actually really like all the backgrounds, the small things everywhere. I know people complain about too much work going into backdrops, but compare it to Sims 1/2 when nothing was anywhere I much prefer it - the worlds feel so much more alive!

Anyway that's me. Also feel free to check me out on the gallery (username MissTiquelle same as here), happy to get feedback & I take request builds as well. Hope to see everyone around a bit more :).

Hello @MissTiquelle :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “happy simming” again to you :)
    It is great that you have played Sims 1,2, and 4. Your favourite packs for each of the versions are enjoyable packs that add great features and build /buy mode items to the game!
    MOO is a very helpful cheat to use when building! It helps us to express our creativity in a variety of new ways!
    Happy simming and building! :)
  • Options
    @MissTiquelle if I understand, you never played the Sims 3?

I loved The Sims too! It was a game I discovered when I was at a friend and I begged for months to be allowed to buy it (with my own money but I needed to go to the game store, so ^^).
  • Options
    ambzz3ambzz3 Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey everyone!
    I have been playing the Sims for a loooooong time. The first Sims game I ever received was The Sims:Complete Collection (Sims 1). And it has been non stop ever since. Although recently, I have been getting into challenges more. Legacy, build challenges, etc. Surpringly enough, I was never active on the forums. And am now paying the price because I cannot post links to enter a build challenge, so here we are. =] Anywho, thought I would answer some of the questions in the first post.
    I honestly do not have a favorite. I love all of them, and am proud to say I finally own all of them! This hasn't happened since the first sims game, so I am pretty excited to be playing with all the EPs/GPs/SPs!
    Freedom to create how I want and when I want. I always found it fascinating to be able to control exactly how the game is played and the "endings"
    Occasionally. When I was younger (I am 24 now) I constantly used motherlode for money. Now, with doing challenges, I hardly ever use the money cheats. I do enjoy the build cheats though, move objects, unlock hidden objects, etc.
    None that you guys probably don't already know! But, I did learn how to make a skylight today. Thanks to TheSimSupply!
    I do! I love everything about the game! I do wish we had seasons though. =/

Anyways. That's my Sims experience in a nutshell.
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    ambzz3 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!
    I have been playing the Sims for a loooooong time. The first Sims game I ever received was The Sims:Complete Collection (Sims 1). And it has been non stop ever since. Although recently, I have been getting into challenges more. Legacy, build challenges, etc. Surpringly enough, I was never active on the forums. And am now paying the price because I cannot post links to enter a build challenge, so here we are. =] Anywho, thought I would answer some of the questions in the first post.
    I honestly do not have a favorite. I love all of them, and am proud to say I finally own all of them! This hasn't happened since the first sims game, so I am pretty excited to be playing with all the EPs/GPs/SPs!
    Freedom to create how I want and when I want. I always found it fascinating to be able to control exactly how the game is played and the "endings"
    Occasionally. When I was younger (I am 24 now) I constantly used motherlode for money. Now, with doing challenges, I hardly ever use the money cheats. I do enjoy the build cheats though, move objects, unlock hidden objects, etc.
    None that you guys probably don't already know! But, I did learn how to make a skylight today. Thanks to TheSimSupply!
    I do! I love everything about the game! I do wish we had seasons though. =/

Anyways. That's my Sims experience in a nutshell.
    Happy Simming!

Hello @ambzz3 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming when you were given Sims 1 and have enjoyed simming ever since. Simming is very enjoyable and fun!
    Challenges are a great part of simming! They encourage us to play the game in new ways or to do builds that we may not normallly do.
    Congratulations on owning all the packs in the games! That is great!
    The bulld cheats are very helpful to,use to express our creativity when building homes or community venues. Skylights are very nice to have in builds.