Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• simgumdropsimgumdrop Posts: 77 Member
    63 posts and still not a member. Ready to throw in the towel. :(
  • simgumdropsimgumdrop Posts: 77 Member
    Update!!!! I am now a member! Thank you to everyone who took the time to like and awesome. That was a very nice thing to do. I am pretty happy now. :D

Yeah, so, I am sorry for pouting, especially at this time of year. :blush: Let's hope Santa was not watching or I might get coal in my stocking. Actually, I might be getting coal anyway. :wink:
  • mudelommudelom Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello, fellow simmers! My first Sims game was the Sims 3 for Wii. I'm assuming EP/SP means a Sims pack, but correct me if I'm wrong. My favorite is City Living for TS4. It adds so much more culture and diversity than a regular pack would. A world dedicated to apartments with lot traits and festivals in different districts, plus a bunch more CAS items with funky colors to show more of your sim's personality. My favorite things about the game is just the concept of it. To make one sim or a whole family, build a house or live in an EA one, and control who they become makes me feel awesome, especially after a bad day when I can just control everything that's happening. I play with cheats a lot, especially the bb.moveobjects on cheat (I build a lot :smile: ). I rarely ever use kaching or motherlode, unless I'm in desperate need to pay the bills. I sometimes use career/skill cheats, which I might do if I can't finish Gen 1 of the Not So Berry Challenge in time. I have a couple of tips. 1) Don't bother with the Welcome Wagon unless you a) want to be friends with them or b) you added a cute sim for your sim to date and they come over. There might be a red bar under the relationship tab, but you're still acquaintances since is isn't strong one way or the other. 2) If a sim who's a 'Romantic Interest' asks your sim on a date and you accept, but you're like "Wait, where are the goals?" Just do romantic interactions and your date won't be like "Uhm.. don't call me. Ever." I do have the Sims 4, and things I like about it are the ability to switch between camera controls and the travel style. Things that I don't like are how it's not as in depth the Sims 3 was with families. In TS3, teenage sims had a curfew, and could be caught by the police and then brought home. The graveyard made them spooked (and I always made my teens do homework in there.) and it had more job options than TS4.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    mudelom wrote: »
    Hello, fellow simmers! My first Sims game was the Sims 3 for Wii. I'm assuming EP/SP means a Sims pack, but correct me if I'm wrong. My favorite is City Living for TS4. It adds so much more culture and diversity than a regular pack would. A world dedicated to apartments with lot traits and festivals in different districts, plus a bunch more CAS items with funky colors to show more of your sim's personality. My favorite things about the game is just the concept of it. To make one sim or a whole family, build a house or live in an EA one, and control who they become makes me feel awesome, especially after a bad day when I can just control everything that's happening. I play with cheats a lot, especially the bb.moveobjects on cheat (I build a lot :smile: ). I rarely ever use kaching or motherlode, unless I'm in desperate need to pay the bills. I sometimes use career/skill cheats, which I might do if I can't finish Gen 1 of the Not So Berry Challenge in time. I have a couple of tips. 1) Don't bother with the Welcome Wagon unless you a) want to be friends with them or b) you added a cute sim for your sim to date and they come over. There might be a red bar under the relationship tab, but you're still acquaintances since is isn't strong one way or the other. 2) If a sim who's a 'Romantic Interest' asks your sim on a date and you accept, but you're like "Wait, where are the goals?" Just do romantic interactions and your date won't be like "Uhm.. don't call me. Ever." I do have the Sims 4, and things I like about it are the ability to switch between camera controls and the travel style. Things that I don't like are how it's not as in depth the Sims 3 was with families. In TS3, teenage sims had a curfew, and could be caught by the police and then brought home. The graveyard made them spooked (and I always made my teens do homework in there.) and it had more job options than TS4.

Hello @mudelom :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing the console version, then that led you onto playing the pc version.
    City Living pack is great! It is nice that our sims can enjoy living in apartments and visiting festivals. The build/buy mode and cas mode items that came with the pack are great to use in our builds and to have our sims wear.
    The moo cheat is very helpful when building! It allows us to expess our creativity in a wide variery of new and creative ways!
    Simming is a very enjoyable way of taking a break from real life and all that day has held, and all that life is holding.
    Happy simming! :)
  • RiotLilyRiotLily Posts: 54 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Cats & Dogs because ... cats and dogs. Critters are some of my favorite people -- irl and in simworld. Before C&D, it would probably be Toddlers because they're so stinkin' cute.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Ruling their world (I think I'm a closet despot.)

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Well, they're called "mods," but you could probably consider them cheats. I use MCC and the show info mods, right now.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Make goals for yourself and your sim(s). If you're stuck for something to do, check out the challenges and find one that appeals to you. There's a whole forum for that somewhere around here.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Sims 4 is the only one I do have. Well, I had Sims 2 from the Apple store, but then I discovered 4 was supported on the Apple platform. I've never looked back.

Most and least favorite? ... Least is easy. The occasional bugginess after updates can be annoying, but is usually fixed by running "repair game." I also wish I could get physical discs of the games. Having a hard copy is sort of a security blanket for me.

A gameplay choice that is rapidly becoming my favorite after having it as a challenge limiter is playing only one sim in a household and letting the rest make autonomous decisions. Makes for slightly more realistic situations and interesting story developments.
    RiotLily wrote: »
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Cats & Dogs because ... cats and dogs. Critters are some of my favorite people -- irl and in simworld. Before C&D, it would probably be Toddlers because they're so stinkin' cute.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Ruling their world (I think I'm a closet despot.)

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Well, they're called "mods," but you could probably consider them cheats. I use MCC and the show info mods, right now.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Make goals for yourself and your sim(s). If you're stuck for something to do, check out the challenges and find one that appeals to you. There's a whole forum for that somewhere around here.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Sims 4 is the only one I do have. Well, I had Sims 2 from the Apple store, but then I discovered 4 was supported on the Apple platform. I've never looked back.

Most and least favorite? ... Least is easy. The occasional bugginess after updates can be annoying, but is usually fixed by running "repair game." I also wish I could get physical discs of the games. Having a hard copy is sort of a security blanket for me.

A gameplay choice that is rapidly becoming my favorite after having it as a challenge limiter is playing only one sim in a household and letting the rest make autonomous decisions. Makes for slightly more realistic situations and interesting story developments.

Hello @RiotLily :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “happy simming” again to you :)
    Cats and Dogs is a great Sims 4 ep! It is fun and enjoyable having pets as part of our sims households! It is nice seeing the interaction between sims and their pets.
    Toddlers are very cute!
    MCCC mod and the show/search sim info mod are very helpful!
  • RatlochetRatlochet Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi all, I'm Ratlochet, but you can call me Rat. I'm probably one of the most introverted Sims players ever.

I created an account here to ask a technical problem question, only to find I can't until I get to a certain level... so I'll probably never be able to get rid of my problem because I'm so shy. XD Even talking on the internet is difficult.

However, I'll try to take it in stride and give it my best shot! :blush:

My favorite Sims 3 EP is probably Supernatural. While most people only ever play humans I *love* playing occult sims. My favorite Sims 4 EP is either City Living because of the added diversity and events, or Dogs & Cats... which I conveniently don't have yet. I'm hoping to get it before the sale ends because it looks like *so* much fun.

I'm curious, for all the people here to which this question pertains, do you like 3 or 4 better?

For me it depends on what I'm after. I doubt I'll use 3 for any more pets households unless I really hate the C&D pack because I love the idea of the animals all running around and doing their own thing, but I use Sims 3 for custom worlds (because the Sims 4 ones can get a little boring after a while) and for playing occult since the only occult 4 has is vampires and I don't have that pack either.

I love building houses in Sims 4 versus Sims 3, so I do a lot of building there, but I do miss landscaping in 4. I also like the relationships and emotions in the Sims 4 better. Even though Sims 3 has it so your sims can have more traits, I feel like Sims 4 is better for story telling, which I love to do. Does anyone else play stories through their games? Tell me, I want ideas. :smile:

Right now I want to play a Sims 3 mermaid playthrough but I'm afraid my problem will mess it up somehow, so... I guess I'll be waiting a while. >.>

I really hope my brain doesn't take this playthrough hiatus as a chance to go download *more* CC for 3, because I've gone on far too many downloading binges lately. That's what started my technical problem in the first place! XD
  • kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    Ratlochet wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm Ratlochet, but you can call me Rat. I'm probably one of the most introverted Sims players ever.

I created an account here to ask a technical problem question, only to find I can't until I get to a certain level... so I'll probably never be able to get rid of my problem because I'm so shy. XD Even talking on the internet is difficult.

However, I'll try to take it in stride and give it my best shot! :blush:

My favorite Sims 3 EP is probably Supernatural. While most people only ever play humans I *love* playing occult sims. My favorite Sims 4 EP is either City Living because of the added diversity and events, or Dogs & Cats... which I conveniently don't have yet. I'm hoping to get it before the sale ends because it looks like *so* much fun.

I'm curious, for all the people here to which this question pertains, do you like 3 or 4 better?

For me it depends on what I'm after. I doubt I'll use 3 for any more pets households unless I really hate the C&D pack because I love the idea of the animals all running around and doing their own thing, but I use Sims 3 for custom worlds (because the Sims 4 ones can get a little boring after a while) and for playing occult since the only occult 4 has is vampires and I don't have that pack either.

I love building houses in Sims 4 versus Sims 3, so I do a lot of building there, but I do miss landscaping in 4. I also like the relationships and emotions in the Sims 4 better. Even though Sims 3 has it so your sims can have more traits, I feel like Sims 4 is better for story telling, which I love to do. Does anyone else play stories through their games? Tell me, I want ideas. :smile:

Right now I want to play a Sims 3 mermaid playthrough but I'm afraid my problem will mess it up somehow, so... I guess I'll be waiting a while. >.>

I really hope my brain doesn't take this playthrough hiatus as a chance to go download *more* CC for 3, because I've gone on far too many downloading binges lately. That's what started my technical problem in the first place! XD

Hello @Ratlochet :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Depending on if you are playing Sims 3 or Sims 4, you can post about game issues on a similar thread that another simmer has already started in either the Sims 3 Bugs and Issues section
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/bugs-issues
    Or the Sims 4 Bugs and Issues section
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-bugs-issues
    Because you are unable to start a new thread because you are a new member, you are also,welcome to post in these threads.
    Sims 3 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
    Sims 4 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest

I hope that you will soon be able to buy the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs ep, before the Sale ends. It is fun pack to have! It is enjoyable having pets as a part of our sims households!
    It is very nice that you enjoy playing both sims 3 and 4. They both have their own special features.
    kaitlyn0 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I'm new :)

Hello @kaitlyn0 :) It is nice to meet you, Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, and find helpful tips about playing the game.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi @Ratlochet I love playing occult sims too. I had no idea that most people like playing with just sims characters! What about the cool extra powers that aliens have? As to the answer to your question about which sims game I prefer, I like the sims 3, because of the supernatural expansion pack. I have mentioned this before, but the werewolves - they're hilarious. :D
  • RatlochetRatlochet Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow
    Thank you so much for the links to the help threads! I didn't even see them when I was looking. :neutral: I really need to pay more attention. As soon as I'm awake enough to chat technical stuff I'll have to hit up the right thread.

And I hope I'll be able to get Cats & Dogs too! I'm going to go ahead and assume you have it by how you've spoken about it--do you like it? Do you think it lives up to all the hype?

I definitely like both games, and I think a lot of people are too hard on them. I understand that the Sims series is supposed to be exactly that--a game series, somehow related to each other--but I almost feel like everyone wants the same exact game with better graphics every time it's remade. I mean yeah, not being able to have pets, occults, or toddlers in the beginning of 4 was sad for me, but it's also not the same game as 3, just like 3 isn't the same game as 2, and I think people forget that.

If it was the same game then we'd get people complaining that they paid a bunch of money for a graphics update, you know? So I really like that each game has its own fun features. And if I like that, then I don't care if it costs me more money in the long run. I'd rather have detailed, intuitive games/expansions than developers trying to cram *everything* into one game and then not delivering on a bunch of things because of how rushed they were. Although I would love to see some sort of seasons-esque expansion soon... it's just that my wallet isn't ready at the moment. XD

@simscognito
    I could be wrong about people not wanting to play occult sims, but that's just always the impression I've gotten. It seems like whenever I go to download sims off the exchange or gallery (or anywhere else) it's always humans that are more popular, while the occults are left to collect dust. And it's so sad!

I've made tons of cool (in my opinion) occult sims in S3 but never uploaded them to the exchange. Not because I have to have downloads to upload them or because I'm asking for attention, but I almost feel bad for my pixel people when they're ignored, you know? Eh, maybe you don't, maybe I'm just weird. That would be nothing new. XD

I think alien powers are super cool! I've only briefly dabbled with them in S4, though. I tried to playthrough a story where a male sim had an alien baby but then he died in a fire and I've been so salty about it that I haven't tried again since. Do you know whether aliens have powers in the S3, or are they just kind of... you know... there? I haven't had the pleasure of seeing them much. And the only times I have, they've gotten my teenagers grounded. :neutral:

Have you played with mermaids any in the S3? I've always been curious about what people thought about them. As you may recall in the post above I mentioned wanting to create a playthrough with one, and I've actually never done it before despite owning IP for a year or two now. I got started on them because of a beautiful custom world I downloaded that has lots of dive spots. It made me want to create an awesome mermaid house (with an equally amazing mermaid to live in it) and explore said dive spots!

Yeah, the werewolves are pretty funny! I love the hunting skill that they get when they're high enough level. My most memorable moment is having a werewolf go on a date with another sim and having the full moon come out so my werewolf transformed. Well, my date fainted, and as soon as they woke up, told me it was a horrible date and stalked off. Needless to say those sims didn't go on another date. It's a good thing my date didn't meet the maid... :wink:
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    Hiii I’m Mills. I just got the sims 4 and have been a fan of the sims like, forever. I wish I could become a member because I would love to post threads and post pictures. Btw - I’m not asking for likes or awesome, I’m just saying. I also make custom content for my own use, however when I become a member and post links I will share some with all of y’all, I find it really hard to get points because I’ve only got 23 while typing this. I also got get to work and sims 4 pets which are amazing expansion packs, when it’s my birthday I hope to get some game packs and stuff packs like parenthood, vampires, etc.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
    Hi @Ratlochet I haven't played with that many aliens in the sims 3, because I found them very difficult to find. The one I did play with, however, could abduct people and scare townies in a UFO. As for mermaids, yes I did play with mermaids. One of them was part of a sims 3 legacy. Mermaids are cool because when they're in water, they have fishtails, when they are out, they have legs. They do, however, dry up when they're in the sun - I think. I often cheated and gave her the ability to be sun resistant. Another good thing they have is I think they are automatically good divers and swimmers. Aww, poor sim. That must have been embarrassing. Yep that is a good thing. :D
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I don't think I ever did one of these new member introductions on here. So here goes!

I'm Commasplice. (Oxfordsplice on places like Twitch and YouTube). I started out with Sims 1, played Sims 2 until my PC died, skipped over Sims 3 altogether, and have been back with Sims 4 for a couple of years.

> 1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?>

So far, my favorite EP has been Cats & Dogs (of all time, it's Seasons from Sims 2). I love cats, but am allergic IRL so it's been fun being able to play with the virtual ones. I love the Brindleton Bay world; it's just gorgeous and also I really, really love the aesthetic of the build items.

> 2. What is your favorite thing about the game?

Honestly, it's building. I do like gameplay too, but I love being able to build and to decorate and to change it round constantly.

> 3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

I do. Mostly Move objects, sometimes getting into the buy/debug stuff. I do a lot of challenges so quite often I need to cheat away money. Every once in a real blue moon I like to edit in full cas mode, but generally I try not to because that feels a bit cheaty.

> 4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

I've spent a lot of time watching speed build videos. That's helped with my own builds a lot. I'm not expert, but the more I build, the better I like to think I'm getting.

> 5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

So yes, I do. I like how you can go around the neighborhood without having to load in every two seconds. It's been impressive to go from the memory of Sims 2 to see just how detailed the worlds have become. Things that drive me batty: the nonstop phone ringing even when I've got the sim's phone on silent; loading screens; ghosts calling my sims up to go out to breakfast or to see the circus.
    edited December 2017
    millsmolls wrote: »
    Hiii I’m Mills. I just got the sims 4 and have been a fan of the sims like, forever. I wish I could become a member because I would love to post threads and post pictures. Btw - I’m not asking for likes or awesome, I’m just saying. I also make custom content for my own use, however when I become a member and post links I will share some with all of y’all, I find it really hard to get points because I’ve only got 23 while typing this. I also got get to work and sims 4 pets which are amazing expansion packs, when it’s my birthday I hope to get some game packs and stuff packs like parenthood, vampires, etc.

Hello @millsmolls :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again!
    It is very special that you make your own custom content :) That is great! I will look forward to seeing pictures of it and reading details about it when you become a full member and can start your own threads and post pictures.
    GTW and Cats and Dogs packs are great! It is enjoyable going with our sims to their work in the three new active GTW careers. The new careers are very nice for our sims to have as their career and do the work tasks. Pets are cute as they interact with our sims!
    I don't think I ever did one of these new member introductions on here. So here goes!

I'm Commasplice. (Oxfordsplice on places like Twitch and YouTube). I started out with Sims 1, played Sims 2 until my PC died, skipped over Sims 3 altogether, and have been back with Sims 4 for a couple of years.

> 1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?>

So far, my favorite EP has been Cats & Dogs (of all time, it's Seasons from Sims 2). I love cats, but am allergic IRL so it's been fun being able to play with the virtual ones. I love the Brindleton Bay world; it's just gorgeous and also I really, really love the aesthetic of the build items.

> 2. What is your favorite thing about the game?

Honestly, it's building. I do like gameplay too, but I love being able to build and to decorate and to change it round constantly.

> 3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

I do. Mostly Move objects, sometimes getting into the buy/debug stuff. I do a lot of challenges so quite often I need to cheat away money. Every once in a real blue moon I like to edit in full cas mode, but generally I try not to because that feels a bit cheaty.

> 4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

I've spent a lot of time watching speed build videos. That's helped with my own builds a lot. I'm not expert, but the more I build, the better I like to think I'm getting.

> 5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

So yes, I do. I like how you can go around the neighborhood without having to load in every two seconds. It's been impressive to go from the memory of Sims 2 to see just how detailed the worlds have become. Things that drive me batty: the nonstop phone ringing even when I've got the sim's phone on silent; loading screens; ghosts calling my sims up to go out to breakfast or to see the circus.

Hello @CommaSplice :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again!
    It is great that you are able to enjoy having cats in your games, as you are allergic to them in real life. Brindleton Bay is a very nice coastal world! The build mode items that came with the pack are very nice to use in our builds. They can be used in a variery of different styles of homes. The new angled sofa seat is a very useful item!
    Building is a special part of simming! It is enjoyable making simversions of real life homes or other buildings as well as bringing our own designs into gameform. The moo cheat is very helpful to use to express our creativity in new ways through the game. Debug items are helpful to use when we want to keep costs of builds down.
    You’re welcome @Ratlochet :) Cats and Dogs is a great expansion pack! I am enjoying the pack! It is very special seeing the interactions between pets and our sims. It is nice having our sims run their own Vet clinic.
    > @rosemow said:
    > millsmolls wrote: »
    >
    > Hiii I’m Mills. I just got the sims 4 and have been a fan of the sims like, forever. I wish I could become a member because I would love to post threads and post pictures. Btw - I’m not asking for likes or awesome, I’m just saying. I also make custom content for my own use, however when I become a member and post links I will share some with all of y’all, I find it really hard to get points because I’ve only got 23 while typing this. I also got get to work and sims 4 pets which are amazing expansion packs, when it’s my birthday I hope to get some game packs and stuff packs like parenthood, vampires, etc.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @millsmolls :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again!
    > It is very special that you make your own custom content :) That is great! I will look forward to seeing pictures of it and reading details about it when you become a full member and can start your own threads and post pictures.
    > GTW and Cats and Dogs packs are great! It is enjoyable going with our sims to their work in the three new active GTW careers. The new careers are very nice for our sims to have as their career and do the work tasks. Pets are cute as they interact with our sims!
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you!

Happy simming to you aswell!

heheh *cough*sims is awesome*cough*
    Please add me on Origin!
    Omg I'm a member :D
    Please add me on Origin!
    @millsmolls congratulations on becoming a member. :)
    @millsmolls congratulations on becoming a member. :)

Thank you soo much :) well, if it wasn't for all of you liking my comments, I wouldn't be a member!
    Please add me on Origin!
    no problem @millsmolls enjoy being a member. :blush: