Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Anime_Cake wrote: »
    @rosemow
    Wow, thanks for replying! <3
    Lovely to see that this thread is still alive, I thought I was late to the party, haha!

Happy simming to you, too! :)

You’re welcome! :)
  • DaeneliaDaenelia Posts: 757 Member
    It feels weird having to go through this ... again ... kinda. Since I joined this particular forum 8 years ago. And of course, I gade a My Sims page on the original sims site. Ah, memories. Still, rules are rules and such. And it's not like I dislike posting on forums...

So, let's go!
    What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    For The Sims 4: None. I am still content playing the base game, with Get to work and Get together. And I really don't know what belongs to which expansion anyway. I have no stuff packs, and haven't been interested in them.

What is your favorite thing about the game?
    It's relaxing. I find it soothing while I am doing other things. I'll be drawing or writing (pen and paper) or prettifying my planner (oh yes, I'm one of those) and the sims will just be doing their stuff. I'll occassionally nudge them in the direction I want them to go in, but really, I don't play it like a game.

Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    Not yet. I used to play with some cheats in TS2 and TS3, because I had certain storylines to finish. That needed some simoleons or unlocking some things that were still locked. I don't even know if the cheats I used then still work in TS4. And if they do: are they still really cheats or should we not consider that part of gameplay?

Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Don't get frustrated! When I was playing TS3 and TS4 I often got frustrated at glitches and things that didnt work. Now I am totally zen about it and don't play it as a game anymore. It's lovely for building houses and funny animations of interactions. Enjoy that!

Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes. It's not a game. That's both my fav and least fav. If I wanted to actually play it and get sims to some sort of goal, the lag and routing issues would frustrate me. So I take it for what it is: a lovely pretty game that also works well as a screensaver and allows you to build interesting houses.

Yeah. I do type a lot.
    Dae's Sims 4 Houses -see what I've been building.
    Hello @Daenelia :) I posted on the other thread to you but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    This is a link to cheats if you would like to use them in your game
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/
  • Lillian4444Lillian4444 Posts: 41 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    I don't have all of them yet, but so far I'm really enjoying the career one. Once I get my hands on Pets, though, I'm sure that will be it!

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    I love just about everything about this game!

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I admit I use cheats a lot, especially the money one. I like my houses be big and luxurious, I like decorating them and make them my dream homes, and I need money for that.
    I'm using cas.fulleditmode quite a lot too, since I'm recreating family trees and sometimes I have to change a sim's gender.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    I don't really have any that people don't already know, tbh.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I do! I love the character creation part, the graphics and the worlds, plus the expansions are really nice, but I miss the open world from TS3, and the world creator. I also miss the Supernatural expansion. I thought the Vampire one would be it, but it wasn't... I still like it, though, the fact that a vampire has an alter ego is really cool.
    I don't have all of them yet, but so far I'm really enjoying the career one. Once I get my hands on Pets, though, I'm sure that will be it!

I love just about everything about this game!

I admit I use cheats a lot, especially the money one. I like my houses be big and luxurious, I like decorating them and make them my dream homes, and I need money for that.
    I'm using cas.fulleditmode quite a lot too, since I'm recreating family trees and sometimes I have to change a sim's gender.

I don't really have any that people don't already know, tbh.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I do! I love the character creation part, the graphics and the worlds, plus the expansions are really nice, but I miss the open world from TS3, and the world creator. I also miss the Supernatural expansion. I thought the Vampire one would be it, but it wasn't... I still like it, though, the fact that a vampire has an alter ego is really cool.

Hello @Lillian4444 :) I posted on the other thread to you but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again to you :)
    I am looking forward to the Cats and Dogs ep also! CAP looks very great! It will be very enjoyable creating our own special pets for our sims, or simversions of real life pets!
    Cheats are very helpful in the game! They help our sims enjoy owning and furnishing large homes that normally they couldn’t afford! It is very nice that you enjoy decorating homes, and having simversions of your dream homes in the game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Lillian4444Lillian4444 Posts: 41 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Lillian4444 wrote: »
    >
    > 1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    > I don't have all of them yet, but so far I'm really enjoying the career one. Once I get my hands on Pets, though, I'm sure that will be it!
    >
    > 2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    > I love just about everything about this game!
    >
    > 3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    > I admit I use cheats a lot, especially the money one. I like my houses be big and luxurious, I like decorating them and make them my dream homes, and I need money for that.
    > I'm using cas.fulleditmode quite a lot too, since I'm recreating family trees and sometimes I have to change a sim's gender.
    >
    > 4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    > I don't really have any that people don't already know, tbh.
    >
    > 5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    > I do! I love the character creation part, the graphics and the worlds, plus the expansions are really nice, but I miss the open world from TS3, and the world creator. I also miss the Supernatural expansion. I thought the Vampire one would be it, but it wasn't... I still like it, though, the fact that a vampire has an alter ego is really cool.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Lillian4444 :) I posted on the other thread to you but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again to you :)
    > I am looking forward to the Cats and Dogs ep also! CAP looks very great! It will be very enjoyable creating our own special pets for our sims, or simversions of real life pets!
    > Cheats are very helpful in the game! They help our sims enjoy owning and furnishing large homes that normally they couldn’t afford! It is very nice that you enjoy decorating homes, and having simversions of your dream homes in the game.
    > Happy simming! :)

Yeah, they really are helpful! And thank you, happy simming to you too!
    > @rosemow said:
    > Lillian4444 wrote: »
    >
    > 1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    > I don't have all of them yet, but so far I'm really enjoying the career one. Once I get my hands on Pets, though, I'm sure that will be it!
    >
    > 2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    > I love just about everything about this game!
    >
    > 3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    > I admit I use cheats a lot, especially the money one. I like my houses be big and luxurious, I like decorating them and make them my dream homes, and I need money for that.
    > I'm using cas.fulleditmode quite a lot too, since I'm recreating family trees and sometimes I have to change a sim's gender.
    >
    > 4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    > I don't really have any that people don't already know, tbh.
    >
    > 5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    > I do! I love the character creation part, the graphics and the worlds, plus the expansions are really nice, but I miss the open world from TS3, and the world creator. I also miss the Supernatural expansion. I thought the Vampire one would be it, but it wasn't... I still like it, though, the fact that a vampire has an alter ego is really cool.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Lillian4444 :) I posted on the other thread to you but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again to you :)
    > I am looking forward to the Cats and Dogs ep also! CAP looks very great! It will be very enjoyable creating our own special pets for our sims, or simversions of real life pets!
    > Cheats are very helpful in the game! They help our sims enjoy owning and furnishing large homes that normally they couldn’t afford! It is very nice that you enjoy decorating homes, and having simversions of your dream homes in the game.

Yeah, they really are helpful! And thank you, happy simming to you too!

You’re welcome :)
  • AndyLove2017AndyLove2017 Posts: 96 Member
    Hi! I am new, AND I want to be a member any tips? BTW I Will love if someone liked this JUST SAYING, and the 101 dalmatians challenge made by someone very amizing is in challenges GO CHECK THE SIMS BLOG POSTS Please! <3 :)
    Hi! I am new, AND I want to be a member any tips? BTW I Will love if someone liked this JUST SAYING, and the 101 dalmatians challenge made by someone very amizing is in challenges GO CHECK THE SIMS BLOG POSTS Please! <3:)

Hello @AndyLove2017 :) Welcome to the forums!
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted. Keep posting on the different threads and sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section is a good place to post.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat
    You will soon get the required points and posts if you also post about your simming experiences on threads that you are interested in the thread topics.
    Reading and posting on threads in the Stories and Legacies section is great. The simmers there would appreciate your feedback on their Stories and their legacies.
    > @rosemow said:
    > AndyLove2017 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! I am new, AND I want to be a member any tips? BTW I Will love if someone liked this JUST SAYING, and the 101 dalmatians challenge made by someone very amizing is in challenges GO CHECK THE SIMS BLOG POSTS Please! <3 :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @AndyLove2017 :) Welcome to the forums!
    > You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted. Keep posting on the different threads and sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section is a good place to post.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat
    > You will soon get the required points and posts if you also post about your simming experiences on threads that you are interested in the thread topics.
    > Reading and posting on threads in the Stories and Legacies section is great. The simmers there would appreciate your feedback on their Stories and their legacies.

Thank You!! I am thankful!! <3 :) :p and thank you for liking my comment! I hope you have a great day!
    > @rosemow said:
    > AndyLove2017 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! I am new, AND I want to be a member any tips? BTW I Will love if someone liked this JUST SAYING, and the 101 dalmatians challenge made by someone very amizing is in challenges GO CHECK THE SIMS BLOG POSTS Please! <3:)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @AndyLove2017 :) Welcome to the forums!
    > You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted. Keep posting on the different threads and sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section is a good place to post.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat
    > You will soon get the required points and posts if you also post about your simming experiences on threads that you are interested in the thread topics.
    > Reading and posting on threads in the Stories and Legacies section is great. The simmers there would appreciate your feedback on their Stories and their legacies.

Thank You!! I am thankful!! <3:):p and thank you for liking my comment! I hope you have a great day!

You’re welcome :) I hope that you have a very nice day also !
  • AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    Heya~ I'm Ash! I've been a member since 2009, but have never bothered much with the forums; I was a bit surprised to see this New Member ranking, lol.

<3 1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    - For the franchise as a whole, it's a close tie between Pets and Seasons. Those two always take the cake for me. In Sims 3 I loved the Dragon Valley world and related stuff from the store, too, and Makin' Magic from Sims. I don't think I ever had anything supernatural themed for Sims 2.
    For Sims 4 so far I know the Cats and Dogs EP is going to be my favorite (even if there are no horses), but until I get that... I really like Get to Work.

<3 2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    - Either the building or seeing families grow and form Legacies!

<3 3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    - The only cheats I ever use are moveobjects or hide plumbob cheats. Sometimes I'll use a money cheat if I'm just trying to build/decorate a lot or if I need to set the household funds to a specific amount.

<3 4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    - None that everyone probably doesn't know already, lol. I only just found out about holding the Alt key to move objects seamlessly!

<3 5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    - I do! It's what I play now! My favorite thing would probably be just... I dunno, the game has come a long way! My Sims always surprise me with the things they do or how they react and interact with one another. I love that they can read a book while sitting on the toilet or something, haha!
    Least favorite thing... I miss the open world and storymode aspect of Sims 3. And how expensive it can be!
    Heya~ I'm Ash! I've been a member since 2009, but have never bothered much with the forums; I was a bit surprised to see this New Member ranking, lol.

- For the franchise as a whole, it's a close tie between Pets and Seasons. Those two always take the cake for me. In Sims 3 I loved the Dragon Valley world and related stuff from the store, too, and Makin' Magic from Sims. I don't think I ever had anything supernatural themed for Sims 2.
    For Sims 4 so far I know the Cats and Dogs EP is going to be my favorite (even if there are no horses), but until I get that... I really like Get to Work.

- The only cheats I ever use are moveobjects or hide plumbob cheats. Sometimes I'll use a money cheat if I'm just trying to build/decorate a lot or if I need to set the household funds to a specific amount.

- None that everyone probably doesn't know already, lol. I only just found out about holding the Alt key to move objects seamlessly!

<3 5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    - I do! It's what I play now! My favorite thing would probably be just... I dunno, the game has come a long way! My Sims always surprise me with the things they do or how they react and interact with one another. I love that they can read a book while sitting on the toilet or something, haha!
    Least favorite thing... I miss the open world and storymode aspect of Sims 3. And how expensive it can be!

Hello @flutegirl_132 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Pets and Seasons are great sims eps! I am looking forward to the Cats and Dogs ep also! The CAP tool will help us to be very creative as we design our new pets! It looks great!
    The moo cheat is very helpful to use when doing our builds! It helps us to be creative in the way we furnish our homes and venues that we design.
    It is very enjoyable watching our sims living their sims lives, and their interacting with their household members and their friends.

Hello! I am Andy! My Fav. Ep are Pets and Get To Work! And yes I have the sims, My fav. Stuff is challenges! And More stuff! Please tell me if you need more Stuff! Happy Day! <3:smile:
  • MaliceStrykerMaliceStryker Posts: 35 Member
    Hey there everyone! =) I've already posted in Rosemow's introduction thread but figured I'd post here too since it's another newbie thread. xD Anyways! I'm Malice and I'm super hyped about getting The Sims 4 on PS4 when it comes out in November~ so I don't have it quite yet but I've been playing The Sims on both pc and console for years. x)

I think the main thing I'm excited about (other than the game itself, of course!) is the fact that now I'll be able to record gameplay and take screenshots, via the PS4's built-in features! :'D Even back when I was playing Sims 3 on my laptop in college, it didn't have the processing power to run the game AND a recording software, so I was able to take screenshots but no gameplay footage. I've always wanted to make videos and have watched Simmers on YouTube make awesome content, and was lowkey envious of their ability to do so. But alas, with the PS4 release I can finally have my cake and eat it, too! 8)

My favorite aspects of the game are creating Sims (I roleplay, draw, and write fanfics a lot so I usually make Sims based on my characters or on fictional characters from whatever series I'm into at the moment) and building/furnishing homes. But with that being said, I adore the game in its entirety and I think the only part of it I've never really explored is having kids, babies, etc. I don't like the thought of my Sims aging and dying off so I've always turned off aging and just played them progressing their skills and moving up their career ladder. I don't think I'd be good with things like the Legacy Challenge. xD but that seems to be a popular thing for Simmers to do on YouTube so I may try it out and see if I enjoy it or not!

ANYWAYS. That's enough of me rambling. ^_^;; I'm just here to chat and connect with fellow Simmers, and maybe share videos once I get the game and start recording stuff for it!
    "I have no beef with you. I am... woefully beefless."

YouTube Channel
    (Sims videos start dropping once I get the PS4 version in November!)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Don't mind me...just coming in and "Awesoming" comments to help out New Members...get their points...

Welcome to the Forums. :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Don't mind me...just coming in and "Awesoming" comments to help out New Members...get their points...

Welcome to the Forums. :)

Thats Sweet! I do the same!
    Hey there everyone! =) I've already posted in Rosemow's introduction thread but figured I'd post here too since it's another newbie thread. xD Anyways! I'm Malice and I'm super hyped about getting The Sims 4 on PS4 when it comes out in November~ so I don't have it quite yet but I've been playing The Sims on both pc and console for years. x)

I think the main thing I'm excited about (other than the game itself, of course!) is the fact that now I'll be able to record gameplay and take screenshots, via the PS4's built-in features! :'D Even back when I was playing Sims 3 on my laptop in college, it didn't have the processing power to run the game AND a recording software, so I was able to take screenshots but no gameplay footage. I've always wanted to make videos and have watched Simmers on YouTube make awesome content, and was lowkey envious of their ability to do so. But alas, with the PS4 release I can finally have my cake and eat it, too! 8)

My favorite aspects of the game are creating Sims (I roleplay, draw, and write fanfics a lot so I usually make Sims based on my characters or on fictional characters from whatever series I'm into at the moment) and building/furnishing homes. But with that being said, I adore the game in its entirety and I think the only part of it I've never really explored is having kids, babies, etc. I don't like the thought of my Sims aging and dying off so I've always turned off aging and just played them progressing their skills and moving up their career ladder. I don't think I'd be good with things like the Legacy Challenge. xD but that seems to be a popular thing for Simmers to do on YouTube so I may try it out and see if I enjoy it or not!

ANYWAYS. That's enough of me rambling. ^_^;; I'm just here to chat and connect with fellow Simmers, and maybe share videos once I get the game and start recording stuff for it!

Thats Amazing! I hope you can share your Content! I am glad to see you around! (Ps:I Liked your comment so you can become a Member!)
    Happy Day! <3:smile:
    edited October 2017

Hello @MaliceStryker :) I have posted to you on the other thread, but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again.
    You will enjoy playing sims 4 soon on the PlayStation! It is great that you are looking forward to recording game footage and taking screenshots. You may like to post it on YouTube also!
    It isn’t too long now until the console version will be released :)
    Happy simming in November! :)
  • littlemoondustlittlemoondust Posts: 29 Member
    Hello all. ♥ I just started posting on the forums today and am trying to become a member as well! I will help others as well. :D It's not an EP, but I think my favorite addition to the Sims 4 has to be the toddlers! So cute. ♥
    Hello all. ♥ I just started posting on the forums today and am trying to become a member as well! I will help others as well. :D It's not an EP, but I think my favorite addition to the Sims 4 has to be the toddlers! So cute. ♥

Hello @littlemoondust :) I posted on the other thread to you, but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again to you :)
    It was very special and lovely when toddlers came to the game <3 They are so cute! It will be nice seeing them interracting with cats and dogs soon!
  • ArrayahArrayah Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello hello. I'm not actually new at all, just I guess new to the forums. Sort of. I used to be here awhile ago, but since they changed it so that you can no longer post unless you have 50 points, I'm a newbie again.

Anyways hi!

Like most of you (I would guess) I'm super excited about the Cats and Dogs coming out soon and can't believe they keep releasing these videos when there is still three weeks to go! It's like torture. I finally caved and preordered it, not that it matters much. I'm also excited for laundry even though that won't be out for awhile.

I still play Sims 3 sometimes now that I have a computer that can do so without stuttering and freezing really terrible.

I like to do Sims challenges which is why I come to the forum generally. I used to do a lot in the Sims 3 and am looking to get into it more in the Sims 4.

Nice to meet you all and happy simming.
    Arrayah wrote: »
    Hello hello. I'm not actually new at all, just I guess new to the forums. Sort of. I used to be here awhile ago, but since they changed it so that you can no longer post unless you have 50 points, I'm a newbie again.

Anyways hi!

Like most of you (I would guess) I'm super excited about the Cats and Dogs coming out soon and can't believe they keep releasing these videos when there is still three weeks to go! It's like torture. I finally caved and preordered it, not that it matters much. I'm also excited for laundry even though that won't be out for awhile.

I still play Sims 3 sometimes now that I have a computer that can do so without stuttering and freezing really terrible.

I like to do Sims challenges which is why I come to the forum generally. I used to do a lot in the Sims 3 and am looking to get into it more in the Sims 4.

Nice to meet you all and happy simming.

Hello @Arrayah :) It is nice to meet you too.
    I am looking forward to the new Cats and Dogs ep also! The CAP tool will help us to be creative as we design our sim pets! It is great seeing the preview videos! It is nice that you have pre ordered the ep.
    Challenges are a very special part of simming! It is a great way of playing the game in a new way to how we may normally play.
  • EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    hi, i'm ridiculously shy, I've been on here for two months and i'm still a new member...ANYWAYS...
    I've been playing the sims for ages, but only the console versions. it wasn't until last year that i was able to play the pc version of the sims 3. we've never had a good computer, so i was surprise that it worked (if you count everything a low working). and steam sales made it not too bad on the wallet too!

i havn't played them all yet, but i felt generations really added a new level to game that mad it seem new. I don't really think i have a favorite one, they all have there uses depending on what type of character you are playing as.
    I like making things. i was thrilled to find out i could make homes without a money limitation in edit town.
    other then moveobjects and constrainfloorelevation... i sometime use motherlode when i want got get things started faster.
    not really, other then you can drag plates to the fridge/dishwasher/trash... but most people probably know that.
    i do not, this computer coun't handle it. but i am looking at the ps4 version, not sure yet.
  • MoonlightDancerMoonlightDancer Posts: 48 Member
    Hi, I'm MoonlightDancer I love playing computer games even though I'm really smart I still love computer games as I think through my ideas playing games.

1. What is your favourite EP/SP and why?
    I don't have any of them but, my favourite would probably be Parenthood game pack and look forward to cats and dogs.

2. What is your favourite EP/SP and why?
    Everything.

Yes. The Disable need decay cheat.

4. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favourite and least favourite things?
    Yes. My favourite thing would have to be CAS how there isn't a lot of colour selections but, hopefully, it's being worked on.
    Have a good day <3