Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I still love scenery

Comments

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,001 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Some fall scenery from today:

8WzQW8U.jpg

Pq5rqdq.jpg

Looks great except for the palm trees. Those don't belong in a world with snow. Those things die in really cold weather. It should never snow in Sunset Valley. If we're being realistic, it should never even get cold enough to snow there.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2021
    <snip>
    Looks great except for the palm trees. Those don't belong in a world with snow. Those things die in really cold weather. It should never snow in Sunset Valley. If we're being realistic, it should never even get cold enough to snow there.

Uhm~ Yes, Palm trees can live through snow and there is enough proof in pictures on the internet. Please don't criticize for what you think isn't "Realistic." (mainly because this is the Sims)

My Bridgeport again
    6zbxKQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @Rflong7
    Sorry I was just giving you my opinion. I didn't mean to be insulting or anything. I've also searched the internet in the past and I had trouble finding any pictures of palm trees in the snow that didn't look like someone drew them. I also remember reading that they can't survive cold weather.
  • Options
    @Rflong7
    Sorry I was just giving you my opinion. I didn't mean to be insulting or anything. I've also searched the internet in the past and I had trouble finding any pictures of palm trees in the snow that didn't look like someone drew them. I also remember reading that they can't survive cold weather.

I can understand.
    Yes, it hits a nerve with me since I Love making Weird worlds and try for only a Semblance of realism in others.

Why not show some of your world pictures? :smiley:

DY1HTDr.jpg

lMmBnMq.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,209 Member
    This is in my no cc fodler

UzV1RuL.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2021
    @Damienf519
    5207576717_b129c2847c_b.jpg
    Vancover.Palm trees covered in snow.
    I mean I tend to think sunny hot beaches with palm trees, but it isn't unheard of.It even snowed once in florida!(many moons ago lol)
    Here's an interesting topic to read.^_^

Screenshot-180.jpg
    Praaven
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I always find snow on palms a little disconcerting myself, since I associate them with tropical locations, but I remind myself that despite the "realism" in the sims, we also have things like Vampires, Werewolves and fairies, all of which aren't realistic.
    Though they are for Sims! :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @GraceyManor,
    Now that you mention it, I remember hearing about palm trees in Canada, but I thought that they were all small and they moved them inside for the winter. Anyway, it looks like I was wrong. I guess I don't get out of Southern California enough.
    Rflong7 wrote: »

I can understand.
    Yes, it hits a nerve with me since I Love making Weird worlds and try for only a Semblance of realism in others.

Why not show some of your world pictures? :smiley:

Okay. I never thought this was a place to show off your own creations, just things that other people had made that you really admired, but if you would like for me to show off one of the worlds that I created, here's some screenshots of Spring Valley. The last world I created before I want on hiatus from Sims 3 world building for long time and just focused on the Sims 4 for years. I asked people which should be the official image for the world, and we ended up deciding on the first one.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

And here's a few from Mystic Stone Bay, the first world I created when I came back
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • Options
    @Damienf519 Awesome! :mrgreen:

It's about scenery.
    I'm not shy. I like my worlds and I had lots of fun (and stress!) making them. :smiley:

• Options
    lMmBnMq.jpg

Gee that's a pretty shot. Which world is that?
    I downloaded your Bridgeport today, I haven't ever used it before. I'm going to replace all the buildings with my edits from EA's Bridgeport and use yours as my base. I like it a lot better and there are a ton more lots! It's so much more useful, I can't believe it took me this long to look at it.

PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Rflong7 : I would soooo like to replace EA´s Bridgeport with yours!
    But the family I play in Bridgeport lives in a house I´ve build where you´ve placed 3 lots as docks so I wouldn´t be able to place my house there anymore.
    SqnBZ5u.jpg
    a1igX3K.jpg

That is such a shame, because your Bridgeport (like every other world by you) runs sooo much better! (I´ve tried it out to see if I could replace your world and if I could live without the house... Unfortunetely I can´t.)
    And I can´t delete the docks you´ve made, because I can´t use Create a World, because I am too stupid for that. :s
  • Options
    @Damienf519
    Wow! Spring Valley is pretty =)
  • Options
    @Pary wrote: »
    lMmBnMq.jpg

Gee that's a pretty shot. Which world is that?
    I downloaded your Bridgeport today, I haven't ever used it before. I'm going to replace all the buildings with my edits from EA's Bridgeport and use yours as my base. I like it a lot better and there are a ton more lots! It's so much more useful, I can't believe it took me this long to look at it.

Hi, Pary :mrgreen:

That's Haunted Valley 2. I can see the resort at the bottom of the picture.
    @AlexaKry wrote: »
    Rflong7 : I would soooo like to replace EA´s Bridgeport with yours!
    But the family I play in Bridgeport lives in a house I´ve build where you´ve placed 3 lots as docks so I wouldn´t be able to place my house there anymore.
    SqnBZ5u.jpg
    a1igX3K.jpg

That is such a shame, because your Bridgeport (like every other world by you) runs sooo much better! (I´ve tried it out to see if I could replace your world and if I could live without the house... Unfortunetely I can´t.)
    And I can´t delete the docks you´ve made, because I can´t use Create a World, because I am too stupid for that. :s

Hi, AlexaKry :smiley: :

Thank you. :mrgreen:
    I know how annoying CAW can be to learn. Going in to delete something from a big world can be daunting. :(
  • Options
    @Rflong7 : I just can bow in awe when I think how you can create such stunning worlds!
    I´ve tried CAW once but gave up after I´ve tried to place streets! I couldn´t even place streets forming a square!
    I am very jealous of your talent! :D
    So no chance for me to even think of removing that lots from your Bridgeport! I would manage to break the whole town (and complain about your crappy world, nah of course not!!)
    I´m not using many of your worlds I am afraid to say, but I´ve tested them all out and yours next to Nixels and Norns are the best worlds ever!!!
    If only you have made more of themed worlds like the Supernatural Island. I´m into themed worlds somehow, I am sorry for telling you, because you are soooo important for this game and the fun we all have!
    Your Legacy Islands are so worshipped by lots of players and rightly so!! <3
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @Damienf519

Thanks. It’s also a great world for farming and horses as well. Even though it’s technically an urban / suburban world, with lots of apartments and houses that are really close together, there are some country areas. There’s no Island Paradise or Into the Future content, but there are plenty of empty lots, and some empty buildings downtown. If I remember correctly, I also included two legacy challenge lots in that world, so you could do a legacy challenge in Spring Valley, and still still have a spare 64 by 64 lot to use for anything you want.
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    @Damienf519

Thanks. It’s also a great world for farming and horses as well. Even though it’s technically an urban / suburban world, with lots of apartments and houses that are really close together, there are some country areas. There’s no Island Paradise or Into the Future content, but there are plenty of empty lots, and some empty buildings downtown. If I remember correctly, I also included two legacy challenge lots in that world, so you could do a legacy challenge in Spring Valley, and still still have a spare 64 by 64 lot to use for anything you want.

I loved that you named it Spring Valley. IRL I live near a town with the same name. I love this thread. Always an inspiration.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    @AlexaKry wrote: »
    @Rflong7 : I just can bow in awe when I think how you can create such stunning worlds!
    I´ve tried CAW once but gave up after I´ve tried to place streets! I couldn´t even place streets forming a square!
    I am very jealous of your talent! :D
    So no chance for me to even think of removing that lots from your Bridgeport! I would manage to break the whole town (and complain about your ❤️❤️❤️❤️ world, nah of course not!!)
    I´m not using many of your worlds I am afraid to say, but I´ve tested them all out and yours next to Nixels and Norns are the best worlds ever!!!
    If only you have made more of themed worlds like the Supernatural Island. I´m into themed worlds somehow, I am sorry for telling you, because you are soooo important for this game and the fun we all have!
    Your Legacy Islands are so worshipped by lots of players and rightly so!! <3

Thank you, you're so sweet! I didn't know that about Legacy Island. :mrgreen:
    I like posting pictures of my worlds here because I don't seem them often (I do see some when people @ them here). :heart:

I can try. I did open it up to see what was there (Yes, I've been posting old pictures :blush: ).
    I can make those ports bigger, remove them all together, or place the lots at the size you want.
  • Options
    @Rflong7 : Oh. My. God!
    You would really look into your files and change the place I've mentioned?
    you are so greatly sweet!!!
    If you really consider to change the town to my liking I would like to get rid off the three lots at the street which leads to nowhere. I would like to place my "dock house" after I've placed the 64x64 lots at the street. Or you can make it possible that there are 64x64 lots for me to just plop the house on. So just some lots connected to the street but with the water left, or just delete the three lots.
    I don't know whats better, you are the expert!
    You are soooo sweet! 💕💕💕
  • Options
    @AlexaKry I messaged you :)

What, a hidden island for Aliens to spy?... no. ;)
    sKu2Q6S.jpg

• Options
    @Rflong7 : I've seen your message, I am sorry I haven't posted back!
    I was searching for some better pictures of the lot and its position in Bridgeport when my pc decided to close itself because it wanted to install 156 new programs.... (I have installed a new anti virus software yesterday and I am in shock now! It still is installing the new updates for programs! I just hope my pc will work after this disaster! 😱😱😱😱)
    So if the pc will still work I'll post you some more info with pictures!
    I am so thankful for your offer! 💕💕💕
  • Options
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    @Damienf519

I'm gonna download it when I get my game back up ^_^
  • Options
    I love that alien spying area. I'm still on the lookout for a great arcology world that can fit the ITF rabbitholes.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    Winter and Fall in Mesa Grande.

iyGWmWr.jpg

pIqdoqB.jpg
  • Options
    What beautiful colours in that last picture. I love all the bold colours of Autumn in this game.
    I don't have anything to show right now. Mass Effect LE is still taking away from my sims time, though I'm in the mood to build today.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    @Damienf519
    5207576717_b129c2847c_b.jpg
    Vancover.Palm trees covered in snow.

If I recall correctly, that's Third Beach in West End Vancouver. It's been a while since I've been out there. Haven't headed out Vancouver way for quite some time. Stuck out in the "Lower Mainland" (Surrey...known as Slurrey by the rest of the snobbish Vancouverites. :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top