Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open world=Lag

Comments

• Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    AiHaou wrote: »
    The open world and create a style is part of the reason why sims 3 lagged so much.

Disagree. I have a 4 year-old computer and suffer no lag in The Sims 3. Because the lag is inconsistent across the user base, it cannot be the game that causes it. I believe the degree of lag depends on processor speed, available ram, graphic card, and the number of services that are running in the background.

I also believe that lag was not a issue until users started trying to play TS3 on laptops. It is my opinion that laptops are not powerful enough to run a desktop program. I have heard people say that they have a gaming laptop, but I dare to say there is no such thing. Laptops are not designed for desktop gaming. They do not have comparable processing/graphic power.

It is my believe they left out open world and CaSt is because they are heavy users of RAM and Processing power. It was necessary to "dumb down" the programming to allow laptop gamers to play without lag. Just my opinion...no one is required to agree.
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    edited December 2014
    AiHaou wrote: »
    The open world and create a style is part of the reason why sims 3 lagged so much.

If that was true then my TS3 would have lagged , but it never has and thats probably cos I have a very good high -end computer
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Not optimizing the game and bad coding was the lagging problem in Sims 3. Also creating worlds, homes and those plum horses that didn't route properly was an issue too. I never played Isla Paradiso because the work I would have to put in editing the lots so there wouldn't be any routing problems. Keeping the game as 32-bit didn't go over well either.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Not optimizing the game and bad coding was the lagging problem in Sims 3. Also creating worlds, homes and those plum horses that didn't route properly was an issue too. I never played Isla Paradiso because the work I would have to put in editing the lots so there wouldn't be any routing problems. Keeping the game as 32-bit didn't go over well either.

Creating worlds and homes did not lag the game in my worlds. I have created many large worlds that do not lag. Or, were you referring to the worlds that were created by Maxis?
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited December 2014
    My Sims 3 isn't lagging.
    tumblr_inline_nb72hvW0641qlqcca.gif
    Nor do my Open World games: Far Cry 3, Skyrim, RDR, and GTA5 lag for me.
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Preach it OP.

Sims 3 runs like a dream, while the Sims 4 is made out of poo.
    Fixed it. Don't worry, hun. I got your back!
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 166 Member
    NO

having all the EPS COULD have made you game laggy
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Smitty wrote: »
    NO<br />
    <br />
    having all the EPS COULD have made you game laggy

They didn't help for sure
    Jimil wrote: »
    My Sims 3 isn't lagging.
    Preach it OP.

Weird.. I have no lag in skyrim but sims 3 crashes and burns every time I play.
    Oops. What I typed may have been confusing when I added a colon. What I'm trying to say is that I haven't had any open world games that lag for me.

Also guys please take note that with all EPs installed, the game is reaching almost 30gb worth of space.
    My Sims 3 isn't lagging.
    Preach it OP.

Its the sims 3 in general its not very stable i had the same issue back then, i also just updated my graphics card to a brand new one and i still cant play it lol
    steve7859 wrote: »
    My Sims 3 isn't lagging.
    Preach it OP.

Its the sims 3 in general its not very stable i had the same issue back then, i also just updated my graphics card to a brand new one and i still cant play it lol
    Updated or Upgraded? Update doesn't do much.
    steve7859 wrote: »
    My Sims 3 isn't lagging.
    Preach it OP.

Updated or Upgraded? Update doesn't do much.

Upgrade sorry lol
  • TrycTryc Posts: 123 Member

Ellacharm3d did do a lot to fix the Eaxis worlds.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=514909
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited December 2014
    Man oh man do I ever hate this argument and it is indeed an argument geared towards a TS4 apologetics campaign.

Yes, they will manage produce substandard less that works this time, as long as you make it really easy for them.

The mentality of the argument is like a little kid who does a really crummy job at something so that their parents don't ask them to do it again.

Some of you people are like "oh yeah, this green screen pong game runs soo smooth and all this time all I had to do is settle for less!"
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Grand Theft Auto has open worlds and there is no lag.
    EA is just lazy.
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    The Sims 3 just had bad coding (like, say, Minecraft, and before anyone says anything, I love Minecraft, but the code is a mess). Open world does not automatically means lag. The lag is because the game is not optimized.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    It doesn't lag for me. ;) But that might be from my countless mods and PC specs.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    Shadoza2 wrote: »

Creating worlds and homes did not lag the game in my worlds. I have created many large worlds that do not lag. Or, were you referring to the worlds that were created by Maxis?

I was writing about the worlds created by EA/Maxis. An user created world with those issues didn't get a 2nd look from me. :)

bobyo2001 wrote: »
    It doesn't lag for me. ;) But that might be from my countless mods and PC specs.
    I always organize my mods by collecting them in groups and renaming them. Makes it easier for me and my computer as I keep them the whole time anyways.
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    My Sims 3 isn't lagging.
    Preach it OP.

Agreed. We can play Skyrim and WoW on our pc without lag yet when I play TS3 I'm sometimes pulling my hair out and turning it off. I don't know if it's the sheer amount of EPS, open world and CASt, not being a gaming computer or bad coding but my other games work so much better. So somethings not right.

To be honest I think it was the Island paradise world that killed it for me. The routing issues and time it would take to get anywhere... but I didn't want to leave it because it was so pretty and I had my own wee hotel and I was still in the process of unlocking the diving spots :(

But I do admit on my old PC it ran like plum.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    Tryc wrote: »

Ellacharm3d did do a lot to fix the Eaxis worlds.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=514909

Yeah, I know but I have favorite CAW creators that I'd rather spend time with, I can't even with EA/Maxis worlds. Was hoping the same for Sims 4 but looks like EA will hold tight with creating worlds tools.

• AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited December 2014

It might be. A couple of mods like ErrorTrap and Overwatch can do wonders. My game doesn't lag or crash either, but I use them both.

PC specs do not mean much, The Sims 3 doesn't need a modern machine to run.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
    Alnairan wrote: »

It might be. A couple of mods like ErrorTrap and Overwatch can do wonders. My game doesn't lag or crash either, but I use them both.

PC specs do not mean much, The Sims 3 doesn't need a modern machine to run.

Those two mods are lifesavers. I always get notifications of stuck sims, and these are known to cause lag.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I honestly kind of think they purposely sabotaged TS3 near the end of its run with routing around the IP EP, you know, to inspire us to buy the "smooth running" TS4. They had to know as in were aware of what they were doing with the routing IMHO.
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    I honestly kind of think they purposely sabotaged TS3 near the end of its run with routing around the IP EP, you know, to inspire us to buy the "smooth running" TS4. They had to know as in were aware of what they were doing with the routing IMHO.
    Well that is unfortunate. Sims 3 did 3x better than TS4 based on sales. #BadManagement