Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ryan's Lots & Rooms - p48 - New Lot - Springy Gardens (Finally Back)

Comments

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    It is a beautiful cottage! I love the architecture! Great job with the roof! :D
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    @yanti68 thanks my dear friend. I'm glad you liked my architecture and roofing. Hugs :D<3<3<3
    Happy 2015 to my fellow Simmers and builders! I hope you had a wonderful New Year with your family and friends.
    Tadaa! I'm presenting to you my first lot for 2015.

Lot #7: Crayon Lodge
    Lot Size: 30X20
    You can download this lot here.

Lot Features:
    >Crayon Lodge is a family cottage that is colored with crayons. It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
    >The exterior wall design used white sidings, act as the piece of paper. From the front porch, there are two bences for sims taking a relax from outside.
    >Inside the house, you'll discover a foyer area divided with two rooms each sides. From the left side, there's a living area colored with secondary colors (such as orange, green, and purple), with a green bathroom. And from the right side, there's a kitchen and dining area colored with primary colors (such as red, blue, and yellow).
    >At the back, you'll see a back patio area colored with RGBY colors (that you see when editing a color in a computer, like color wheel). Sims can grill, seat, play guitar/violin, play chess, paint, and even swim in a pool. There's also a garden area with a gym equipment.
    >Upstairs contain a mini sitting area, mini museum, and another study area that is colored with warm colors. There's another bathroom between it colored with cool colors.
    >There are three bedrooms, such as purple masters bedroom, green kid's bedroom, and orange teens bedroom. They are both colored with a primary mixtured with secondary colors (ie: Green kids room is filled with blue, yellow, and green colors).
    >This lot costs §129,718. It suits on any 30X20 lot around Willow Creek.

Builder's Major Challenges:
    >My first challenge here is the name. After Tutti Frutti Modern with fruit-themed colors and Choco-Berry Cupcake with dessert-themed colors, I was struggling because of I can't think of a color scheme. At first, it was supposed to be called Candy Cottage with pastel colors, but there are no pastel colored traditional furniture. So I ended up to be a cottage filled with primary and secondary colors (yeah, not indulging, but still colorful).
    >Another one is a side trim at the back, which I can't place it maybe due to a gable roof that sticks together. Ugh! If they should do the manualized trimming. So I ended up placing a column to act as a side wall trim, but it seems to be unimpressive. *sigh*
    >Last one is obviously landscaping. I'm not creative with that, because I can't choose and mess-up with plant very well. *sigh*

Credits:
    * Looks like Andre DaSilva is taking a rest after his awesome New Year's Party. Today, I'm hiring Amber Stein to be my replacement, thanks sweetie. Hugs. <3
    * ruthless_kk - for her awesome customized archway tutorial (too shy to tag).
    * @DippyDesigns‌ - for her charming exterior chimney idea, found from her Birch Cabin.
    * @Chris2fer03 - for his awesome decors in bay window idea, found from his Ladybug Kids Bedroom.
    * @kamb1403, @Cassee, and @romagi1 - for tips and suggestions on naming my lot project.
    * @BryonyRae - for MOO-testing my lot. Whew! Everything is fine even with MOO turned off. o:)

Tags: #colorful #crayons #traditional #family #cottage #nocc #playtested #RyeLots
    Screenshots:
    JKbquJL.png
    NX7BU5R.png
    More pictures here.

Warning: This lot contains MOO'd objects. To keep the placement, you need to place it in build mode with bb.moveobjects turned on.

I hope you like it. :)
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    @BryonyRae hope you don't mind but if you're available, can you MOO-test this lot please? I used a lot of MOO in landscaping, decors in bay windows, etc. Please also let me know about the result. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    yanti68 wrote: »
    It is a beautiful cottage! I love the architecture! Great job with the roof! :D

Me to <3

Beautiful home and architecture for the latest <3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Crayon Lodge is a very nice home! :) It is great that you have based the home around using primary, secondary, RGYB, warm and cool colours. It is great that you have used white sidings to represent paper. Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing is very nice! The dormers are very great and very nice covered over front and back porches! It looks very nice the types of and how you have placed the windows in the build. The flower box windows look nice. It is nice that you have placed planters each side of the front porch steps for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants there. Nice sitting areas on the front porch for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the seat benches looking out at the outdoors views. Very nice back outdoors living and dining back porch! . Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq there and eating their meal at the table in the outdoors air. Nice fireplace sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the seats there and warming up in front of the fire. The yellow and blue colours of the seating there looks nice, and the green patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the area . Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there or have fun playing chess, or enjoy swimming in the pool. The sunken down garden area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers around the edges of the area. The ground texture is nice. Sims will enjoy using the gym equipment there to keep fit. It looks nice how you have done the gated entrance to the area. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It looks nice how you have placed the staircase in the middle of the foyer for sims to see as they enter the home, and have the red and white floor rug strips along either edges of the staircase. Very nice kitchen and dining room! The brown wall panelling and blue wall pattern looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the plates decor on the wall, with the two plates decor either side of the four plates decor. It looks nice how you have used both red and yellow coloured seating. The bar stool counter is great. Very nice living room! The orange, green and purple colour scheme of the room looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa there watching tv and listening to music from the stereo. . The orange patterned floor rug there looks nice. Great window study desk nook area. Sims will enjoy using the computer there or having a read of a book. It looks great how you have angoed the bookcase into the corner. The pictures on the walls in the room are nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. The green plant is a nice touch on the coffee table. The green colour of the bathroom looks very nice. Very nice upper landing area! It looks nice how you have placed the pictures on the walls there, and have placed items on the pedestals. Nice armchairs sitting area there for sims to enjoy sitting there looking at the artwork and displays. The flowers on the table between the chairs are nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. The wall panelling and the red patterned wall give a nice look to the area too. Very nice upstairs study desk alcove! Sims will enjoy sitting at the window study desk using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase whilst child sims have fun doing artwork on the art table. Sims will enjoy playing or listening to the violin music being played. The flowers look nice how you have placed them on the window sill. The blue and green colour scheme of another of the bathrooms looks nice. Very nice furnishing and layout of the bedrooms! . The red colour of the walls in the teen room looks nice, and the yellow flowers on the dresser add a nice touch of sunny yellow in the room. Nice armchair corner sitting nook. The posters look great on the wall there. The animal print wall pattern and the animal pictures look very nice on the wall in the kids room. The teddy is cute there! The jigsaw flooring is colourful abd nice. It looks great how you have done the bed alcove. Very nice master bedroom! The window sofa sitting area is very nice! It looks nice the colour of the sofa and curtains. The flowers look nice on the window ledge there. The coat and hat shelf on the wall beside the door and clothes racks there look great. Very nice coloured patterned floor rug that you have used there, and the colour of the musician themed pictures look great with the other colours in the room. It looks nice how you have placed them on the bed head wall. The fruit pictures are a nice touch on the bed ledge.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Rye, your Small Christmas Modern is Adorable! I can't believe you were able to include a pool and still keep the cost down! Very cool. B)

Crayon Lodge is Lovely! Fabulous design and color choices both inside and out! Very nice layout too. I will make sure I've got both of these wonderful builds faved, when I get back in game. :D
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Hey Rye, great work! Crayon Lodge is very pretty :) I feel your pain when it comes to the lack of pastel-coloured furniture, but the colours you chose work well together. The landscaping is fine too :D
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Great work on your new builds Rye! :) I especially like your Crayon Lodge :D
    Looks so cute ^_^ And I can tell you put a lot of effort into it :) Nice color palette
    you have worked with throughout the house! I also like the outdoor area :)

You also did a splendid job with the roof :D (*)
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    The design of Crayon Lodge is awesome, great architectural work. The textures work really well, love the idea of white sidings as paper then colouring in the house with the different colour groups and shades, very creative :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    @BryonyRae hope you don't mind but if you're available, can you MOO-test this lot please? I used a lot of MOO in landscaping, decors in bay windows, etc. Please also let me know about the result. Thanks. :)

Don't mind at all, Rye. Everything looked like it loaded properly, and that was without turning MOO on. :) Good work on it! I especially love the exterior.

Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    SketchSketch Posts: 429 Member
    Very nice lots Rye! I really like how you made the exterior of the lot for Crayon Lodge! Tutti Fruitti Modern is also very cool. I really like how you stuck with the theme throughout the lot, exterior and interior. :)
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @marcel21 Thanks for complementing my latest lot. Bro hugs. :D

@rosemow Once again, my life as a Simmer and builder won't be complete without your lovely complements. Thanks. Hugs. :D<3<3<3

@WrathofCath I'm very pleased you commented on my Christmas Starter, thank you. I think I kept the cost down is because I don't have any skill objects nor a desk. And thanks also for complementing my Crayon Cottage. I'm glad you liked my layout and color choices. And thanks again for the fave. Hugs. :D<3<3<3

@Cerrydd‌ Thanks. I know CASt won't return, but at least they should implement a color wheel instead. I'm also glad you liked my landscaping. Hugs. :D<3<3<3

@Manssom Thanks friend. I'm glad you liked my color scheme, back patio, and roofing. Bro hugs. :D

@masajo Thanks my dear friend. I'm glad you liked my architectural layout, design, and color scheme. Hugs. :D<3<3<3

@BryonyRae Thanks for MOO-testing and complementing my lot. I'm glad you loved my exterior layout. I'll update my post and give you a credit. Hugs. :D<3<3<3

@Sketch Hello. Thanks for stopping-by and your great feedback. I'm glad you liked my Crayon Lodge and Tutti Frutti Modern. Tutti Frutti Modern was my most favorite lot among of my builds, and I'm glad you liked it. Hugs. :D<3<3<3
  • Options
    Bonus Pic: The Pancakes are moving to my Crayon Lodge, and looks like they're loving it. :D
    01_09_15_6_08_PM.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you so much everyone for the great feedback regarding Crayon Lodge. I appreciate it. :D
    OK, after fruit-colored modern house in Tutti Frutti Modern, dessert-colored Victorian house in Choco-Berry Cupcake, and crayon-colored cottage in Crayon Lodge, I'm going to pause my Lots of Indulges and Colours project for now. Yeah, I know I still have one more lot, but I can't think of any architectural style and again, the color scheme. *sigh* :(

Anyways, I'm going to build my first Mediterranean house in The Sims 4. I'm going to show you my sneak peek on my concept (only the front). Although this is my first time, I am not very sure if my exterior details are good enough. I'm still experimenting on it, just in case.
    Image deleted. Please proceed to my finished product. ;)

Note: This is just a concept. Layout and design may change.
  • Options
    Your new Mediterranean WIP looks very nice! :) The exterior design of the home looks great! Very nice layout of the home! It looks very nice how you have the sides of the home around the front courtyard. Very nice water fountain feature! It is nice that you have placed seat benches there for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the sunshine with the nice sight of the fountain to see. The curved front porch looks very nice! Very nice fenced and gated entrance to the property. The roofing lokns nice, and it looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build.
    It is looking great! :)
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Looking good so far, Rye!
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Hey Rye, Crayon Lodge is beautiful with great architecture and color choices, love those porches! Looks like the Pancakes are pretty happy with their new home. :) As for your Mediterranean, wow! Excellent work and I can't wait to see the finished product, it looks stunning as-is so I'm sure the finished product will be nothing short of amazing! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Great WIP Rye it has loads of detail just like the rest of your builds. :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Wow Rye! Your Mediterranean looks Fabulous!! I love the diagonal alcoves and the balconies! Very pretty. This is one style I haven't tackled yet either... You, are doing a gorgeous job with it! Looking forward to the end result! :) Oh, and the Pancakes look very happy and relaxed in Crayon Lodge. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @rosemow‌ Thank you so much for the lovely complements on my WIP. Hugs. :D<3<3<3
    @Cerrydd Thank you! Hugs. :D<3<3<3
    @Chris2fer03 Thank you so much my friend! I'm pleased you caught up on my Crayon Lodge and I'm glad you liked my architecture and color choices. Also, thanks for the great feedback on my WIP. And hey! Just to let you know, I always enjoy reading all of your comments in this thread. :blush: You're also caring and supportive, feels like you're the one of my fave builders and a great friend. Bro hugs. :D
    @follyfoot Thank you Folly and yes, I'm just making my lot very detailed to make it impressive, but not much. Hugs. :D<3<3<3
    @WrathofCath Thank you Cath! I'm glad you liked my diagonal alcoves and balconies. It is also great that you noticed my bonus pic. Hugs. :D<3<3<3

Thank you everyone for the support on my Mediterranean WIP. It totally gives me an aura to continue on my project. :blush:
    OK, it is very exciting that Outdoor Retreat Game Pack is coming tomorrow. I can't wait for the release of it. Sadly, I can't buy it, because I don't have a credit card. Not even have an availability of EA Cash Card in Philippines either! *sigh* :disappointed:
  • Options
    I am sorry that you won't be able to get Outdoor Retreat because you don't have a credit card. It would be good if there was some way that you could buy a card in The Philippines so you could use it in Origin.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    2 of your latest builds are stunning! Especially the mediterrenean home! Great architecture! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @rosemow Thank you for the concern my loveliest friend! I hope I can get touch with EA so I can ask if there are any possibilities of having alternative methods in our country. Hugs. :D<3<3<3

@yanti68 Welcome back my dear friend! :D
    Thank you for the great feedback regarding my two latest projects. I'm glad you liked my architecture on my Mediterranean project.
    I also saw your post from other threads that you had health issues with your family. Sorry to hear that. I hope everything will ease it up for you. Sending special thoughts and hugs to you and your loved ones. :)<3<3<3
  • Options
    I do hope that there is a way that you will be able to buy Outdoor Retreat. :) I hope that EA will be able to help you find an alternative way from needing to use a credit card.