Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Working on a new gym

While working on my new world, I occasionally take a lot out of EIG and playtest it in one of my actual worlds. Today I took out my gym and dropped it in Sunset Valley, displacing the dozen or so sims who were in the previous gym to the sidewalk.

Started the game back up and decided to send my sim to the gym to check it out. The crowd that was lined up on the sidewalk clamored for the door to get into this new and shiny gym.

Screenshot-104_zpsf48b34b6.jpg

By the time my sim gets in and gets to working out, there are 20 sims on the lot.

Screenshot-105_zps18646bf3.jpg

I guess I had better add a few more workout machines to the mix next time I work on it. The townies seem to enjoy it so far!

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    It makes me wonder what is it about other lots that they can attract so many sims, but my clubs and bars usually have half that much or less, even when there is only one or two in town.

I remember when we just had the base game, I had thirty sims hanging out near the book store and theater. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    CK213, do you have a high ratio of community lots to residents? I do take out some of the lots because they don't fit with how I play, so I guess it frees up some townies to hang out in a lesser amount of places?

I think athletic sims should be attracted to going to the gym, bookworms to the library.. maybe you need to create a few households of party animals and sims who like to stay out late and schmooze?

Can we set the theater and bookstore and other rabbitholes as no-visitors allowed? Then they wouldn't congregate there so much. Would that still allow sims to use those places if it were there job?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    It is great that many sims are coming to enjoy spending time using the fitness equipment at your gym! :) It will be a great gym for the world that you are working on. It looks nice how you have done the diamond patterns on the floors. It looks nice how you have placed the flowers outside the front of the gym.
  • madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    I've noticed townies like to flock to new lots in town. Plus there always seems to be a lot of people in the gym.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    My gym usually has about 5 sims. But there's this lot in Sunset Valley (it's the grocery store-theater-bookstore mixed lot), I have minimum 15 sims. It's sort of weird.
    Screenshot-552_zps85c41f98.jpg
    oh3cjs.jpg