Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Career Wishlist

DawnbreakEdgeDawnbreakEdge Posts: 130 Member
What careers do you guys want to see added to the game? (Including part-time, self employment, etc.)

We know Athletic and Business are coming in December.
Hey! Follow me on the gallery at: DawnbreakEdge

Follow my Sims 4 Blog on tumblr!: dawnbreaksims.tumblr.com/

My Showcase: Click Me!

Comments

• ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    I'd love to see the Adventurer career from S2 make a comeback. That one is my favorite!
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    I would really like to see self employment like an open for business or daycare.
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian

• nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    I'd like to see adult sims be able to take part-time jobs again. They really don't work for teens, IMO. I tried in Sims 3, and it was horrible. My teen had no time for fun; she went to school in the morning, worked in the afternoon, then struggled to do her homework and keep all her needs half-full. I'm not willing to try that again in 4.

Part-time jobs are ideal for adults who are lazy or just want to supplement income from writing or painting. They do not work well after school for teens.
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    Military

Teacher

And..

Factory work..

As far as I know comes to mind. And in part time work..

Barista

Gas station attendant

Store clerk

Pizza delivery

And..

Maid

All come to mind as well.
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    What careers do you guys want to see added to the game? (Including part-time, self employment, etc.)

I want a lot of normal, ordinary, every day careers for my sims. Not everyone aspires to be an astronaut or even a doctor. How about a few jobs that reflect what ordinary people do? I'd like to see factory workers, retail clerks, bankers, teachers, construction workers, and salesmen.

And most of all, I don't want "interactive" careers. I play my game for fun -- and doing a sim's job is not fun IMHO. I don't necessarily enjoy all the activities a career path would involve, so I would find it very boring, for instance, to be a "ghost-buster" and chase ghosts around. But why should MY personal preferences dictate what careers MY SIMS should pursue?

As I've said before, I am not my sims. They need their own jobs. I want them to succeed or fail or their own, not because of my skills or my lack thereof.

I'd also like to see more logical career progressions than we've sometimes had in the past.

• altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member

I want a lot of normal, ordinary, every day careers for my sims. Not everyone aspires to be an astronaut or even a doctor. How about a few jobs that reflect what ordinary people do? I'd like to see factory workers, retail clerks, bankers, teachers, construction workers, and salesmen.

And most of all, I don't want "interactive" careers. I play my game for fun -- and doing a sim's job is not fun IMHO. I don't necessarily enjoy all the activities a career path would involve, so I would find it very boring, for instance, to be a "ghost-buster" and chase ghosts around. But why should MY personal preferences dictate what careers MY SIMS should pursue?

As I've said before, I am not my sims. They need their own jobs. I want them to succeed or fail or their own, not because of my skills or my lack thereof.

I'd also like to see more logical career progressions than we've sometimes had in the past.

This in part. I think we should be able to have normal every day jobs. How about telesales I'd love to see my sims reactions to that. Part time employment. Some of my sims just want to have fun. I'd like to see Law Enforcement, Fire-fighter and such back.

I do want interactive careers and self employed sims, It would be nice to hire neighbours, and have the jobs that the self employed sims create be able to be filled by other sims.
  • ManicRoseManicRose Posts: 107 Member
    I want to see more normal careers and the ability for adults to have part time jobs.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Business and Athletic, plus ...

Politics/Activist
    Military
    Police/Law (with Law requiring University)
    Education/Childcare
    Maid, Gardener, Repairman etc. (I'd like my Sims' actually careers to be those jobs other Sims hire)
    Scientific Research/Medicine (but they should require University)
    Farming
    Manufacturing (factory floor labour up to multinational ownership)
    Fashion Design/Modelling
    Acting/Directing
    Construction/Architecture and Interior Design
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    ManicRose wrote: »
    I want to see more normal careers and the ability for adults to have part time jobs.

There's a mod at Mod the Sims that lets adults have teens' part-time jobs.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.