Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two careers confirmed for December update

Comments

• CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    edited December 2014
    Gurus please! This room needs a tree soooo badly. I'll trade both careers for one?

12-01-14_6-57nbspPM-2_zpse232ed51.png
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Gurus please! This room needs a tree soooo badly. I'll trade both careers for one?

12-01-14_6-57nbspPM-2_zpse232ed51.png

Great room! :smile:
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    Oh wow 2 new careers.
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    We are again getting a lot of free content, even if it's only 2 careers, I can't complain about that. I am happy. :blush:
    They could be adding more careers next year during the other months for all we know.
  • MythdonMythdon Posts: 16 Member
    That's cool, business was one of my favorite careers in Sims 1, 2 and 3, perhaps one of the most money making. Athletic will definitely make true use of the body building you can do in the gym and in the pool, makes sense that if pools came back last month time to bring back the athletic career as well
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Well, Einstein came up with the Theory of Relativity (I think that's what it's called, anyway). All is relative depending which way you look at it, some simmers think that they are given free content now, some others think they already paid for it...when they originally paid good money for the Base Game.

Me, I'm with the last ones, tight fist that I am, The base game should've had at least, most of what TS3 had to start with plus some improvements and I would not have minded the price tag, as it is, I do mind it and that is why I have not bought it yet, at present it's half price, but for all the things that is missing it's still not worth it.

Business is business.. and I am not buying.
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm wondering because they had a second November update and on the 25th...if the December update is also going to be on the 25th instead of the beginning of the month like October (ghost) and November (pools) were.
    Kinda like a "Christmas Present" type thing...
    Also going along with the SimGuru post on the confirmed two careers...is there going to be more than two or is it just going to be those two? Anything else with careers or is it going to be mostly bug fixes?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    They never said ONLY two careers, but from what we've seen, it does seem likely that we'll only have those two.

I kind of expected the update today as well, but the SimGurus have been quiet about this one. They haven't released much info, unlike the hype for pools.

All that's left is to wait, I guess.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    There's not been many previews of this patch content I have to agree on that. I find it a little strange that this time its been a bit hush hush. Mind you they may have been busy in the office recently as a few Sims guru chats were cancelled ect. Who knows.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I hope for more fix patches than content patches.
    Yes I feel like we need fixes more so than content but it's still nice to get new content.
    If they put out bug fixes a couple times a month and content once a month that would be nice.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    We are only getting two careers, but we can always get a third career...

The SimGurus are almost always secretive with certain things and could be hiding a third career from us. ;)
    ArilyBoo wrote: »
    Yes I feel like we need fixes more so than content but it's still nice to get new content.<br />
    If they put out bug fixes a couple times a month and content once a month that would be nice.

That's that silly thing to me. When people get happy with trees and turkeys and sweaters.

• GlamourSimmerGlamourSimmer Posts: 238 Member
    I see even this topic - a simple piece of information - has turned into another EA-can't-do-anything-right topic. If I were EA, I would have the impression from these forums in the last few weeks that a small handful of people are unhappy, not that lots are, and I don't think those of you popping into these topics to express your displeasure or how disheartened you are intend to leave that impression. I've been told that the idea is to make sure EA can't have the impression that unhappy people are now happy because they're silent. But if it's always the same handful of people, I do wonder if it's doing what you think it is. And I do wonder if the rest of us will get our toddlers etc. if EA is getting the impression that people don't believe they can do it right anyway and still won't play if they don't get the rest of their laundry lists. I sometimes wish y'all would tone it down a bit so EA doesn't think that only people who hate the company and think the developers are plum at their jobs want these things.

<end rant>

On topic: I'm actually more curious now to see what the "lots of new stuff" a dev hinted at will be than I am excited about the boring careers I've missed since Day 1. I'd be *really* excited if it's a lot of tweaking to gameplay parameters, not just a lot of objects. But I'm thinking I ought to have put "dishwasher" on my wishlist for Santa, and I'm hoping lots of other people did too.

There are just people who are very disappointed. I am honestly disappointed, I'm just not ranting about it. For those that think that the game is good, well thats good for them. But i don't find it interesting to make a game based on goals. So, I'm just going to be patient and hope the expansion packs add more character.

Sim is life !
    Gaming Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdolzKVXRHZhBiMKXTdofw ( Don't be afraid to go subscribe )
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited December 2014
    If there were only two careers why would they spoil it it by telling us all of them ??:\ Usually they leave somethings out to surprise us.
    Just a thought.
    I have a feeling it will just be 2 Careers, I thought it was officially confirmed to just be 2. There's even an official thread on these forums that states its only 2 careers.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    There can always be a chance that there will be a third career. ;)
    Well true you never know
    I don't want the upgrade. In fact, I don't want my disc to play off origin.
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Everything is quiet on twitter. No talk of a LP either. When one of the gurus was asked about the patch today he said 'we haven't released a date yet but it will be sometime this month'

Doesn't sound that promising.
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Everything is quiet on twitter. No talk of a LP either. When one of the gurus was asked about the patch today he said 'we haven't released a date yet but it will be sometime this month'

Doesn't sound that promising.

Ah poo I was hoping it would be early this month like the previous patches :( I have to say tho November went by so fast! It feels like it was only Halloween just yesterday lol
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'm hoping that since they are being so secretive this time around, maybe something big will be announced or there will be more included in the patch? One can only hope :smiley:
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
    I am thinking they haven't said a whole lot probably because it's coming later in the month...as I stated in my original post I think it will be closer to the 25th. I think there will be more talk closer to then.
    Also to an earlier poster it wasn't confirmed there was only 2, but only 2 have been confirmed. Meaning there could possibly be unconfirmed third or fourth careers...who knows?
  • Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    edited December 2014
    The content-patch will probably be in the first half of the month & the bug-fix patch will probably be in the second half.

@ArilyBoo
    Don't expect to ever see multiple bug-fix patches in the same month.
    There's pretty much just one team working on bugs.
    It takes them time to find the bugs in the code, then come up with, test, and finalize solutions to those bugs.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @ArilyBoo
    Why would they give us Christmas sweaters at the end of the month? It has to be sooner!