Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two careers confirmed for December update

Comments

• MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    > @S100Headache said:
    > If the game was still in development, I would have axed Astronaut and Secret Agent, and had Business and Athletic be in from the base game.
    >
    > Then I would also ax the Gamer path in Tech Guru (so it's not specifically a game company, so I can be Bill Gates and not Nolan Bushnell), move the Oracle (Hacker) track from Criminal to Tech Guru, and put back in the Thief track from TS3 for Criminal.

I learn something new every day!

I didn't look deeply enough into the Criminal career to notice a Hacker track.... Now if there were only cops around to lock up wayward Sims.. You know, give 'em something to worry and sweat about as they work their sinister little fingers over the keyboards.
    So far all my "home" Sim does is swipe cash from the trust fund and the Llamacorn site, and write a virus that crashed financial computers, rsulting in more ill-gotten gains. And she's not even enrolled yet in a career path! (developing her character and losing 40 Sim hours a week would make it take too long.) Sounds like "I AM A Crook" (so to speak) is the natural career choice for that one! Thanks!
  • mandyrodrigues1mandyrodrigues1 Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh dear, after all the comments and suggestions above I know I am going to sound boring, but, please can we have a gardening and cooking profession so that my sim can stay home and potter about the place with plants that will grow and provide food?
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Only 2? Meh.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2014
    You can buy all the other careers back for only 9,99 in the upcoming store. Or buy even more careers with EP's!

It's so intuitive and tactile.

oh yeah... 'like never before'
    DLatrice wrote: »
    to those saying that 2 is not enough, remember that this is a free patch, not an EP. Take what you can get.

Ehhh sorry? Free?

We paid the full price for the base game, these patches are to ''fix'' the mess, called a ''base game'' they have created, so yeah it should be free.

These ''free'' patches wouldn't be needed if they just took the time to create a decent base game.

Free.. nothing is free. ;)
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    to those saying that 2 is not enough, remember that this is a free patch, not an EP. Take what you can get.

Ehhh sorry? Free?

We paid the full price for the base game, these patches are to ''fix'' the mess, called a ''base game'' they have created, so yeah it should be free.

These ''free'' patches wouldn't be needed if they just took the time to create a decent base game.

Couldnt agree more if I tried!
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member

Ehhh sorry? Free?

I kind of see what your saying but we dont know the reasons as to why it wasn't implemented originally, they may not have had the budget to do so or EA may have simply said no. Im not trying to defend anyone in any way but i do think people should cut them some slack as they have added those missing features back in.
    steve7859 wrote: »

Ehhh sorry? Free?

I kind of see what your saying but we dont know the reasons as to why it wasn't implemented originally, they may not have had the budget to do so or EA may have simply said no. Im not trying to defend anyone in any way but i do think people should cut them some slack as they have added those missing features back in.

We do. They told us time and budget. So its EAs fault. Most people on these forums are fully aware that there is where any 'blame' should lie-not at the feet of the gurus or the customers. EA made a decision that might not be playing out the way they imagined.
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »

Ehhh sorry? Free?

We do. They told us time and budget. So its EAs fault. Most people on these forums are fully aware that there is where any 'blame' should lie-not at the feet of the gurus or the customers. EA made a decision that might not be playing out the way they imagined.

There you go then, its being corrected i dont see the point in people moaning about it anymore (toddlers aside). They didn't have to add free patches and im surprised EA allowed it tbh they could easily have told the devs to add the features back in an ep. So im grateful for the patches.
  • EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member

Ehhh sorry? Free?

True, it it means that EA is aware that the base game IS missing stuff, and they're trying to do something about it.
    It just takes time.

Ehhh sorry? Free?

True, it it means that EA is aware that the base game IS missing stuff, and they're trying to do something about it.
    It just takes time.

No, they don't care about us, like mentioned before by someone else: EA is not a friend. EA is a company, a business and they want to earn money. it's all they want.

They have no other choice to give us the (what some people call) ''Free'' patches.
    The whole philosophy behind this is very simple. When they can do some simple things to lure people back to their side, and thus buying more EP's in the future, it means more profit for them.

If they didn't do that, it would cost them money.

It's very simple to do some small things in order to win the favor back of the long time fans, in order to make more profit in the end. It's just how business works. It's not because they care so much about us. They only care about our money in the end.

Speak with your wallet, and you will see that there will be no Sims 5.
    edited December 2014
    They just know they're not going to make money with an half finished game.
    Post edited by EowynCarter on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited December 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Have we waiting for so long just because of 2 careers? Come on!!!!
  • NINAHRED86NINAHRED86 Posts: 24 New Member
    Wow I hope they add more than just 2 careers. How about a career for all major traits. I also hope they bring in a smaller telescope cause that one is too big and a smaller microscope. I hope to see better ways to change colors of items and design items in your own way. Either way I love the sims just wish this one was better that sims 3 and all its expansions.

Ehhh sorry? Free?

It just takes time.

No, they don't care about us, like mentioned before by someone else: EA is not a friend. EA is a company, a business and they want to earn money. it's all they want.

They have no other choice to give us the (what some people call) ''Free'' patches.
    The whole philosophy behind this is very simple. When they can do some simple things to lure people back to their side, and thus buying more EP's in the future, it means more profit for them.

If they didn't do that, it would cost them money.

It's very simple to do some small things in order to win the favor back of the long time fans, in order to make more profit in the end. It's just how business works. It's not because they care so much about us. They only care about our money in the end.

Speak with your wallet, and you will see that there will be no Sims 5.

Yes although now I am sure they are in a tough spot where they dont know whether to invest more into the sims 4 or just not bother because people are upset and they will worry that investment is too late and wont pay off. I KNOW most people could forgive them if they would actually do something about it and apologise but sadly thats looking increasingly unlikely.

2 Careers that aren't the most popular ones that people have been begging for since release sadly.
  • doaoc07doaoc07 Posts: 81 Member
    businesssss
  • doaoc07doaoc07 Posts: 81 Member
    @GlamourSimmer oh yes that'd be awesome!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    I see even this topic - a simple piece of information - has turned into another EA-can't-do-anything-right topic. If I were EA, I would have the impression from these forums in the last few weeks that a small handful of people are unhappy, not that lots are, and I don't think those of you popping into these topics to express your displeasure or how disheartened you are intend to leave that impression. I've been told that the idea is to make sure EA can't have the impression that unhappy people are now happy because they're silent. But if it's always the same handful of people, I do wonder if it's doing what you think it is. And I do wonder if the rest of us will get our toddlers etc. if EA is getting the impression that people don't believe they can do it right anyway and still won't play if they don't get the rest of their laundry lists. I sometimes wish y'all would tone it down a bit so EA doesn't think that only people who hate the company and think the developers are plum at their jobs want these things.

<end rant>

On topic: I'm actually more curious now to see what the "lots of new stuff" a dev hinted at will be than I am excited about the boring careers I've missed since Day 1. I'd be *really* excited if it's a lot of tweaking to gameplay parameters, not just a lot of objects. But I'm thinking I ought to have put "dishwasher" on my wishlist for Santa, and I'm hoping lots of other people did too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2014
    I see even this topic - a simple piece of information - has turned into another EA-can't-do-anything-right topic. If I were EA, I would have the impression from these forums in the last few weeks that a small handful of people are unhappy, not that lots are, and I don't think those of you popping into these topics to express your displeasure or how disheartened you are intend to leave that impression. I've been told that the idea is to make sure EA can't have the impression that unhappy people are now happy because they're silent. But if it's always the same handful of people, I do wonder if it's doing what you think it is. And I do wonder if the rest of us will get our toddlers etc. if EA is getting the impression that people don't believe they can do it right anyway and still won't play if they don't get the rest of their laundry lists. I sometimes wish y'all would tone it down a bit so EA doesn't think that only people who hate the company and think the developers are plum at their jobs want these things.

<end rant>

On topic: I'm actually more curious now to see what the "lots of new stuff" a dev hinted at will be than I am excited about the boring careers I've missed since Day 1. I'd be *really* excited if it's a lot of tweaking to gameplay parameters, not just a lot of objects. But I'm thinking I ought to have put "dishwasher" on my wishlist for Santa, and I'm hoping lots of other people did too.

In other words, you're afraid that EA will go the way of the Sims Medieval with just one expansion pack and stop production of any future Sims 4 content. But, seriously, why worry about it? According to players like you, this game has potential, and we should all give it a fair shot and throw money at them when they start coming out with expansion packs. And then we'll all be happy because the game is only bound to get better, because it has so much "potential." Riiight...potential being worth what...$40-50 simoleans a pop?

And, no, it's not just the same players. Take a look around at those who have bought this game on sale during Black Friday and are now having Buyer's Remorse. There's at least two threads out there. And take a look at the Official Feedback thread. Trust me, it's more than just the same crowd.

If this game goes belly up, it won't be because of a small vocal minority of disgruntled Sims players.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Ehhh sorry? Free?

I agree - it's like those people who fly first class and say they get free drinks, free meals (snacks for flights less than 3 hours) and no charge for checked bags.
  • twinkledustingtwinkledusting Posts: 98 Member
    Two new careers. Hmmm, That is a good start. Not great. But, good .
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    I just don't understand, what was the problem to have all these careers (as before) from the beginning?? Why need to wait for something that we had before as regular?
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

<end rant>

In other words, you're afraid that EA will go the way of the Sims Medieval with just one expansion pack and stop production of any future Sims 4 content. But, seriously, why worry about it? According to players like you, this game has potential, and we should all give it a fair shot and throw money at them when they start coming out with expansion packs. And then we'll all be happy because the game is only bound to get better, because it has so much "potential." Riiight...potential being worth what...$40-50 simoleans a pop?

And, no, it's not just the same players. Take a look around at those who have bought this game on sale during Black Friday and are now having Buyer's Remorse. There's at least two threads out there. And take a look at the Official Feedback thread. Trust me, it's more than just the same crowd.

If this game goes belly up, it won't be because of a small vocal minority of disgruntled Sims players.

The same people may be vocal but maybe it's because we are so desperate to be told we ARE HEARD and are GETTING SOMEWHERE trying to HELP EA see where the issues lie rather than staying silent and them getting the impression no one wants the sims. We all desperately want the sims to succeed and can't do any more for EA than help them with getting a clear voice from the community they can look at.
    How many people no longer bother with these forums because the atmosphere was so toxic?! Plenty I can assure you. It's sad.
    And how many people when they read statements about a vision lost hope? Just take a look at the sims news sites that picked up on it. We are past being able to trust EA with this and that's the message they need to hear.

If it goes wrong it will be because they are too proud to listen and that does everyone a disservice.

The lots of new stuff should at least include a dishwasher. I can't believe it wasn't there in September.
    N
    I just don't understand, what was the problem to have all these careers (as before) from the beginning?? Why need to wait for something that we had before as regular?
    No time for development.