We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two careers confirmed for December update

1282930313234...Next

Comments

• blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Just to confirm what I actually did - the room you are looking at in this screenshot is the new room you unlock when you finish level 10 of one of the business career tracks. I didn't add or remove anything. I dropped the completed room out of the catalog. (I did cheat to get my female Sim to level 10). I put the female Sim in a new suit from the upcoming careers update, the gentlemen is in a holiday sweater and the llamacorn is a new mascot outfit from the athletic career track. I guess I "staged" it by telling them all to sit down with autonomy off and then I told the old guy to yell at the lady. Then I hit pause and took a screenshot with the game hotkey (C). And there is the secret and glamourous life of a production screenshot (tm).

Also - treadmills. ;)
    -

Oh boy, you did it now! New thread, I see it now.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

Also - treadmills. ;)
    -
    tumblr_inline_mgqqznYNKK1ro2d43.gif

My sims have enough treadmills.. can I get something new like... a family tree.

• EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    This thread is a mess like how the game is lmao
    Oh just wait until the update comes..... >:)
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Mandylcd wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Just wanted to confirm that the December Update, featuring two new Careers, will not be coming this week. Good news is that I can confirm that we are planning to bring it to you next week. We won't be able to confirm the exact day until we have finished final testing this week.
    Finally some info. Thank you for telling us that. Interesting that next week happens to have December 16.... Hmmm...

It also has December 15, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21. You know, 7 days in every week :D
    serious-cat-is-not-amused-big.jpg

Thank you, EasyToRead, for making me laugh so hard I spit out my coffee!
    Lol hopefully you didn't cause too much of a mess. These forums need more laughter in it. :blush:

Absolutely-and I really needed a good laugh!
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I got it! On the grey picture on the gallery there are six sims. The three sims on the left are from the business career and the tree sims on the right are from the athletic career.:D
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Biggos6 wrote: »
    I am bit sad with only 2, a Scientist and maybe Military would make sense since they are I think also the popular ones (especially since Military has ALWAYS been the highest earning one)
    We have some military, they just call it astronauts. Thanks for the updates. Really, you can't please everyone. These are coming free people. I know that you will say they should have been in the base game, well they were not so get over it. They do not have to give us anything. You could get these in an EP and you would all be crabbing about that. It is what it is. Being nice might change things whining about what you want and do not have will not always get you what you want. The world is so unfair like that. "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it."

• MebriliaMebrilia Posts: 62 Member
    edited December 2014
    > @jimmysnan said:
    > Biggos6 wrote: »
    >
    > I am bit sad with only 2, a Scientist and maybe Military would make sense since they are I think also the popular ones (especially since Military has ALWAYS been the highest earning one)
    >
    >
    >
    > We have some military, they just call it astronauts. Thanks for the updates. Really, you can't please everyone. These are coming free people. I know that you will say they should have been in the base game, well they were not so get over it. They do not have to give us anything. You could get these in an EP and you would all be crabbing about that. It is what it is. Being nice might change things whining about what you want and do not have will not always get you what you want. The world is so unfair like that. "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it."

They don't have to give us anything? After we spended 60 bucks for a demo?.... Those features patched in are nothing more than things that should be in the base game... I want to be gentle and polite but statement like that are the reason why we pay full price for a product that don't deliver....They don't need to be defended at all..
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I really need a disagree button. *sigh*
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    My sims homes feel very bare

I want a tree with sparkling lights like Sims 2 had , infact if I remember correctly there were two different types of tree , with varying options for each one , there was even a fake snow tree with sparkling lights.

I want other small deckies too ... a nativity scene , a santa statue , stars , bows and stockings to hang on the fireplace or the end of the bed

• MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Agreed! And fairy lights for the houses! :grin:
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited December 2014
    The only Christmas item we know so far being released in this patch are the sweater, but if I remember a thread correctly (or I'm probably imagining it) didn't they mention they won't be releasing any other holiday content this christmas?
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    the sweater.. pff.. Im allready sick of it and i didnt even get to use it o_o
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2014
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Biggos6 wrote: »
    I am bit sad with only 2, a Scientist and maybe Military would make sense since they are I think also the popular ones (especially since Military has ALWAYS been the highest earning one)
    We have some military, they just call it astronauts. Thanks for the updates. Really, you can't please everyone. These are coming free people. I know that you will say they should have been in the base game, well they were not so get over it. They do not have to give us anything. You could get these in an EP and you would all be crabbing about that. It is what it is. Being nice might change things whining about what you want and do not have will not always get you what you want. The world is so unfair like that. "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it."

Yeah, darling, thanks for the condescending tone. Really, really appreciate it.

And we can deal with it all right. We can stop supporting this franchise with our wallets, because honey, if you think I'm going to spend another dime on an expansion pack for things that should have been included in the base game, you'd better think again. It ain't happening. It just ain't happening. Being nice? Does being nice include "shut up, already, we heard you the first time, now quit whining about it?"

I'm sorry to be so rude folks, but I have to give the PC police something to do, right? Tired of censoring myself lest I offend someone and make them angry.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »

Because of some people, we can't have nice things. :(
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    Some hanging lights for outside would be nice that flash different colors like led lights.
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

No you need another innovative treadmill.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,353 Member
    Just to confirm what I actually did - the room you are looking at in this screenshot is the new room you unlock when you finish level 10 of one of the business career tracks. I didn't add or remove anything. I dropped the completed room out of the catalog. (I did cheat to get my female Sim to level 10). I put the female Sim in a new suit from the upcoming careers update, the gentlemen is in a holiday sweater and the llamacorn is a new mascot outfit from the athletic career track. I guess I "staged" it by telling them all to sit down with autonomy off and then I told the old guy to yell at the lady. Then I hit pause and took a screenshot with the game hotkey (C). And there is the secret and glamourous life of a production screenshot (tm).

Also - treadmills. ;)
    -

Hmm how do you cheat to do that?
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I wish for these careers to be more interactive. For example, with the business career when we get to a certain level , sims can invest into the Sim Stock Exchange.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 909 Member

Also - treadmills. ;)
    -

Hmm how do you cheat to do that?

Assuming you're referring to SimGuruLyndsay's reference to cheating to promote her Sim, it would be, "careers.promote X" where 'X' is the number of levels you wish to promote the Sim in his/her current career. (I think this may require "testingcheats on" first to work.) You can find a pretty good list of cheats at Carl's Sims 4 Guide.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • cnicoleharriscnicoleharris Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2014
    Why is it that on the free updates we've gotten I've heard so many people complaining about having to pay for content that should have been included in the basegame? When the updates are free?... And if you've played the Sims games before, which I'm certain most people have, then the base games have always been bare boned :\. Whenever I buy a base game for the Sims I know I'm already setting myself up for a slew of expansion packs.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Why is it that on the free updates we've gotten I've heard so many people complaining about having to pay for content that should have been included in the basegame? When the updates are free?... And if you've played the Sims games before, which I'm certain most people have, then the base games have always been bare boned :\, nothing new. Whenever I buy a base game for the Sims I know I'm already setting myself up for a slew of expansion packs.
    You mean toddlers, pools, ghosts, family trees, service sims, careers, and all that weren't in the base games of previous iterations? :open_mouth:

The only time we'll actually pay for them is when they're already in the base game.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Why is it that on the free updates we've gotten I've heard so many people complaining about having to pay for content that should have been included in the basegame? When the updates are free?... And if you've played the Sims games before, which I'm certain most people have, then the base games have always been bare boned :\. Whenever I buy a base game for the Sims I know I'm already setting myself up for a slew of expansion packs.

Yes, but we had the same basic items in both base games that we don't have here: dishwashers, trash compactors, pools (which we got in a patch after the fact) ghosts (also came in a patch after the fact). The fact is that, although many of us knew when we bought this game it wasn't going to have all the things we were accustomed to having in the other two base games, we also thought it was going to be more open-ended, and it's not.

And, yes, we *have* paid for those patches...anywhere from $60-100 depending on which game you bought and which country you're from. There *is* extra content that comes after the fact, but that should only be *extra*, not what should have been in the past games like we had in previous iterations. And we should not have to pay for base-game content, although many people are apparently quite ready to do so.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I was hoping for more than two
    I agree with your point but aren't you a tad late for this.....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    Why are even these people here, everytime I see an old thread revived it just makes me roll my eyes until they explode.