Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two careers confirmed for December update

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Just wanted to confirm that the December Update, featuring two new Careers, will not be coming this week. Good news is that I can confirm that we are planning to bring it to you next week. We won't be able to confirm the exact day until we have finished final testing this week.
    Finally some info. Thank you for telling us that. Interesting that next week happens to have December 16.... Hmmm...

It also has December 15, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21. You know, 7 days in every week :D

So the day isn't specifically locked to Tuesday. Please release it Monday. I want this bad boy as early as I can get it. :p

• Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    Goldenkrow wrote: »
    Shuushii wrote: »
    Get ready for new bugs.
    I'm kidding, but yes! Before Christmas.
    Hope it's more than "two" careers.

They've repeatedly said it's just two careers
    That's what I've been saying then people come and keep telling me that it's not confirmed yet and EA is holding back info.
    Now I'm even more confused. Why can't we just have an official confirmation and say, "Yes just two careers in this patch." why we gotta treat this like the Illuminati.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    The big question is though what else is in this patch besides the careers and sweaters?
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    The big question is though what else is in this patch besides the careers and sweaters?

Careers patching sweaters, of course!

The garment industry just hasn't been the same since the ILGWU went away....

:D

(It's a bit before my time but thanks to YouTube, I, too can get that song stuck in my head!)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2014
    Biggos6 wrote: »
    (snipped)
    Be glad for what you have. The game isn't continuation of Sims 3 the same way as Sims 3 isnt' a continuation of Sims 2, the same way as Sims 2 isn't a continution of Sims 1, it's a brand new game.

Sims is more complex that most games, and it takes a lot of work, and I am just sick of people just attacking the game.

I get that people are unhappy with this game but complaining wno't help you. Giving gurus constructive criticism is how you get your point across.

Just saying.

And lecturing the players to stop complaining and give constructive criticism isn't going to win you too many admirers, simply because there has been *plenty* of constructive criticism in the Official Feedback thread (which is now down in the Sims 4 Feedback section).

As for saying this is a brand new game, it's not. The Sims 2 built on the original The Sims framework, and it truly *was* a brand new game. The Sims 3, unfortunately was dubbed a "prequel" by Rod Humble, why I'll never know, but it came with all the interactions of the Sims 2, plus a few new details such as Create-A-Sim, open world, and cars for Sims to run around it. Both games also had all the things that are missing: dishwashers, trash compactors, and all the family life stages, including interactive babies and toddlers. The Sims 4 took all that away in favor of "intuitive tactile" gameplay based on ever-changing emotions. About the only thing new about *this* particular iteration is the multi-tasking, and even *that* needs fine tuning as Sims are more than likely to be talking to other Sims around them while taking their sweet time eating a meal or drinking a drink.

I'm sorry that this upsets you, but people paid a lot of money for this game, even knowing some things were left out, based on pure loyalty for the series, and found out in the end that it simply wasn't worth the money they originally spent. Of course, they're angry and upset; they feel like they got ripped off. And they have every right to feel that way. And by the way, the more mature players...those that can see the forest for the trees....don't blame the development team. They place the blame squarely on the shoulders of EA's Corporate Headquarters...The Suits, in other words...and they're right to do so.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    I hope this patch gives us new hair accessories like santa and mrs santa hats,elf ears,bridal veils etc and more hairstyles without accessories. I'd love some long curly for females and more ethinc hairstyles for both males and females. We need more hairstyles and accessories.
  • Options
    RobinFlysHighRobinFlysHigh Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2014
    > @Miki said:
    > These are "confirmed" Perhaps there are or were to be more but I haven't read anywhere that there will only be two. I'd like to see something eventually see more nefarious pursuits added to the Criminal track. Right now my SIMs can hack into the trust fund and steal cash (with NO consequences!!) sabotage the sinks at the club (and neighbors houses!!) But alas no risk or repercussion that I have seen yet!
    > Need some cops and a SIM jail while they're at it. But all this would be more in the way of content for an expansion pack, I know.
    >
    > Reminds me.. Medical career? SIMs never get sick! They only die.

I hate how the criminal career forces you to be mean. Ever heard of guys in the mafia who come home to their wives and kids and are "good" members of their community? Or the young person who chooses to be a criminal... Thinking they have no other option? Being a criminal, doesn't automatically mean you're a hateful person... Does it.?
    Post edited by RobinFlysHigh on
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Next week, we'd have to wait another week for the patch to be released. Yay, I'm so looking towards that... :expressionless:
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    @RobinFlysHigh

I definitely hear that! (why do crooks have to be mean?) I can't bring myself to make my characters be mean to anyone, even if it's a random built-in SIM who is mean first. And yeah, most mobsters went home and were nice-as-can be.

(That was the thing about them, "It's just business". )

A good example: The Godfather series -Although fiction it was based on the realities of the mafia at the time- Michael had all sorts of enemies rubbed out while attending a baptism. I think a devious trait would be more useful to excel in for that track. Maybe a touch of greed.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Hi everyone

Just wanted to confirm that the December Update, featuring two new Careers, will not be coming this week. Good news is that I can confirm that we are planning to bring it to you next week. We won't be able to confirm the exact day until we have finished final testing this week.
    Finally some info. Thank you for telling us that. Interesting that next week happens to have December 16.... Hmmm...

It also has December 15, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21. You know, 7 days in every week :D
    serious-cat-is-not-amused-big.jpg

Thank you, EasyToRead, for making me laugh so hard I spit out my coffee!
  • Options
    RobinFlysHighRobinFlysHigh Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Miki said:
    >
    > A good example: The Godfather series -Although fiction it was based on the realities of the mafia at the time- Michael had all sorts of enemies rubbed out while attending a baptism. I think a devious trait would be more useful to excel in for that track. Maybe a touch of greed.

Exactly... EA, 'I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse'. Go easy on the criminals. Oh, and realese that freakin' patch already. o:).
  • Options
    islerouxisleroux Posts: 704 Member
    @RobinFlysHigh

I completely agree that there should be more consequences for bad behaviour and there should certainly be cops around! They were one of my favourite career paths in Sims 3. Think I might go back to playing Sims 3 for a while as there is so much I miss :(
    tumblr_pen9rswoMU1uuyyy0o2_400.png
    º ✿ º Gallery º ✿ º Simblr º ✿ º My CC º ✿ º Dizzy Isy Save File º ✿ º
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    the fact that december is than too close to christmas, makes me very annoyed. I dont think we can expect anything else than a stupid sweater -_-
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    *shrugs* There really isn't any option to waiting, is there?

The patch is supposed to come December 16 (confirmed by SGBChick), and this article mentions the careers and tracks:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/574877/20141204/sims-4-december-patch-new-athletic-business.htm#.VIhLETGjOG4http://
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    MsPhy wrote: »

The patch is supposed to come December 16 (confirmed by SGBChick), and this article mentions the careers and tracks:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/574877/20141204/sims-4-december-patch-new-athletic-business.htm#.VIhLETGjOG4http://
    Reminds me of a funny movie quote:
    "Take it one day at a time? What, like two or three days is an option?"

actually it is.. if you think about the next two days in your mind and stressing out cause of it.. it is more heavy than just living 1 day and dont think about the days to come :)
  • Options
    kimmyfrmtxkimmyfrmtx Posts: 140 Member
    so when are we storming the EA building & taking the update? or is someone going to hack a EA computer and drag the update out? We have no choice but to wait, or uninstall the game. I'm waiting.
    The sims 4: I give up.
    Maxis and EA have killed the sims. RIP
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

Hi everyone

Just to clarify incase the patch doesn't show up on the 16th. SimGuruBChick said next week she did not say what day! (gotta keep heir remarks neutral and all) ;)
    That said with the other posts we can also expect a delay IF they have a problem in testing. :\
    So fingers crossed that the patch will pass with flying colors (or sweaters :p ) and we will see it sometime next week. :D

On a side note: Can any of you imagine how hard it is for the Gurus to word their post without saying the wrong thing and bringing EA down on their heads? That would just stink in my book! My sympathies go to the Gurus who are on the front line taking abuse from both sides!
  • Options
    L_Gibbs1372L_Gibbs1372 Posts: 30 New Member
    I'm so ready for new update to come out (I need those Business Careers!) and I'm glad there is at least a rough estimate of when it will be released! I do appreciate that the base game careers are a different than usual since people have asked for such things in the past but I really can't picture many of my own Sims being part of them.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I don't care about the careers unless they are playable. There's hints that the athletic career may be but it's probably too good to be true so i'm not even getting my hopes up about the careers actually improving my gaming experience.

I want this patch to have a christmas tree and the moo cheat. If they have both of those things I'll be satisfied.
  • Options
    Terrylin wrote: »

Hi everyone

Just to clarify incase the patch doesn't show up on the 16th. SimGuruBChick said next week she did not say what day! (gotta keep heir remarks neutral and all) ;)
    That said with the other posts we can also expect a delay IF they have a problem in testing. :\
    So fingers crossed that the patch will pass with flying colors (or sweaters :p ) and we will see it sometime next week. :D

On a side note: Can any of you imagine how hard it is for the Gurus to word their post without saying the wrong thing and bringing EA down on their heads? That would just stink in my book! My sympathies go to the Gurus who are on the front line taking abuse from both sides!

Hard to quote when they come in multiple layers and deleting earlier quotes which are by nature redundant, may seem to be "editing someone else's post" so I took the possibly safe route of changing the quote I want to address in bold typeface.

So "Hear Hear" to that. Pretty soon the gurus would be well-advised to take some Law courses or start posting in Latin so as to choose every single thing they write and avoid heat from the bosses, the customers, or often both.
    Speaking for myself, (as I always intend to do in here) I prefer to bear in mind that the gurus, in spite of the silly titles, are people too, working with what they have been given to work with.

(Ever do Jury Duty? It takes an exhaustingly long time for them to go over the most minute of details because they are required to word every single little thing "just so" or else get nailed by one side or the other.)

• Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Mandylcd wrote: »
    Hi everyone

serious-cat-is-not-amused-big.jpg

Thank you, EasyToRead, for making me laugh so hard I spit out my coffee!
    Lol hopefully you didn't cause too much of a mess. These forums need more laughter in it. :blush:
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Crosses fingers they have added the option to raise and lower the motives and relationship sliders with testing cheats. Graham said they may do that in an update during the pool LB. I also hope it adds shower woohoo.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited December 2014
    Crosses fingers they have added the option to raise and lower the motives and relationship sliders with testing cheats. Graham said they may do that in an update during the pool LB. I also hope it adds shower woohoo.

I hope it lists it in when you type in help. I hate trying to remember stuff. And 2nd on the shower woohoo.

Love the avi.