We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two careers confirmed for December update

Comments

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

Christmas sweaters make everything better. I just hope that sims don't randomly start wearing them after christmas...

Maybe they will! It will be hotdogs and ho ho galore! Maybe mine will spawn the sombrero with the Christmas sweater.

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Christmas sweaters make everything better. I just hope that sims don't randomly start wearing them after christmas...

Maybe they will! It will be hotdogs and ho ho galore! Maybe mine will spawn the sombrero with the Christmas sweater.

For a triple whammy, add the clown makeup. lol
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    'eh, I'm busy next week.

Holidays_zpsdff36f24.png
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Shuushii wrote: »
    Get ready for new bugs.
    I'm kidding, but yes! Before Christmas.
    Hope it's more than "two" careers.

Hope your ready for our innovative and tactile rabbit hole careers! And our intuitive new posters...
    Hahaha, it goes perfect with your neighborhood packed with loading screens. But hey that's okay! At least it comes with a free christmas sweater, everyone wants free christmas sweaters. ;)

fullspiral wrote: »

I still vote The Sims 3 random generated sims the worst, still gives me the creeps of the things I've seen.

OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

The 'Ready for a night out of town' look lols
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Hi everyone

Just wanted to confirm that the December Update, featuring two new Careers, will not be coming this week. Good news is that I can confirm that we are planning to bring it to you next week. We won't be able to confirm the exact day until we have finished final testing this week.

thank you for info
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Wow. This month-long patch is so worth it. Only two careers? Oh EA. I could just settle with just one! Stop spoiling me so much <3
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    December 16 is a Tuesday :D
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Sims Community had this to say, cited from a phone conversation with Ryan Vaughan:
    Vaughan told me that there will be two new career paths added to the game: “Business” and “Athletic.” As with the current career options, both of this come with two different branches that Sims can pursue—“management” and “investor” for the business one, and “bodybuilder” or “professional” athlete for the athletic one.
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Jonalin wrote: »
    'eh, I'm busy next week.

Holidays_zpsdff36f24.png

yeah, me too, next week really no time for play :( i was free last week, and i am now.
  • GoldenkrowGoldenkrow Posts: 166 Member
    Get ready for new bugs.
    I'm kidding, but yes! Before Christmas.
    Hope it's more than "two" careers.

They've repeatedly said it's just two careers
    A reminder that an expansion pack is coming along, and yet somehow there are still no Dishwashers.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Biggos6. If you look at my thread you'll see plenty of constructive criticism, I work very hard to prevent arguments and sim gurus have recognised that and asked us to carry on the thread because it's useful. I don't tolerate abuse of gurus either. Not all 'negative' opinion is 'hate' any more than not all positive is 'love'. It's a spectrum and you will fall somewhere on that spectrum.
    please remember we are all here out of love for the sims, you may not agree with how others deal with that but it's only going to cause arguments if you only see things in a one camp or the other and question the actions of others.
    You are welcome to say you don't agree with how *some* people conduct themselves when they complain but I'm sorry but I've seen some wonderful constructive criticism from some very articulate and caring simmers in the community and it's not just complaining for complaining sake like that post suggests.
  • Xemnas4444Xemnas4444 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Shuushii said:
    > Get ready for new bugs.
    > I'm kidding, but yes! Before Christmas.
    > Hope it's more than "two" careers.

If anything I hope this fixes bugs. Crashing, lag, etc. all from the November patch. Unfortunately there have been more and more issues with each update for some people :'(
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    @Biggos6. If you look at my thread you'll see plenty of constructive criticism, I work very hard to prevent arguments and sim gurus have recognised that and asked us to carry on the thread because it's useful. I don't tolerate abuse of gurus either. Not all 'negative' opinion is 'hate' any more than not all positive is 'love'. It's a spectrum and you will fall somewhere on that spectrum.
    please remember we are all here out of love for the sims, you may not agree with how others deal with that but it's only going to cause arguments if you only see things in a one camp or the other and question the actions of others.
    You are welcome to say you don't agree with how *some* people conduct themselves when they complain but I'm sorry but I've seen some wonderful constructive criticism from some very articulate and caring simmers in the community and it's not just complaining for complaining sake like that post suggests.

If I have alluded there is no constructive criticism, then I apologize, I do know there are people who can criticize the game without being zealously hateful. However, I have rarely come across anything like that, which is likely since I don't think I've come across the thread you were talking about.
  • JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    December 16 isn't too much of a wait, exactly a week actually. Really looking forward to trying out the new Careers! Both of the previous montly updates have been great so far. n_n
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Biggos6 wrote: »

If I have alluded there is no constructive criticism, then I apologize, I do know there are people who can criticize the game without being zealously hateful. However, I have rarely come across anything like that, which is likely since I don't think I've come across the thread you were talking about.

I understand-this forum has been rife with silly arguments over nothing for months. That may be due to our move to feedback section-If you fancy having a look please pop by and get involved if you like too :-) http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801025/ea-silence-on-family-play-and-family-play-fans/p1
  • simguyssimguys Posts: 62 Member
    Will this update will contain a Christmas tree and decorations? My sims are missing the holidays :(
    My Spanish Website Simlish 4 \ My Twitter @Simlish4
    bSCAxNF.png
  • EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 298 Member
    edited December 2014
    Biggos6 wrote: »

I understand-this forum has been rife with silly arguments over nothing for months. That may be due to our move to feedback section-If you fancy having a look please pop by and get involved if you like too :-) http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801025/ea-silence-on-family-play-and-family-play-fans/p1
    Yup, somehow, that topic didn't turn into an all open flame war :)
    I have a felling that a trolling minority made everyone loses thier sences. Makes me sad :(
  • pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Lol, I do hope they add a delete button for the Christmas sweaters, hotdog/star wars costumes & clown make up.

Ad replace it with a Grinch costume.

• TruCandaTruCanda Posts: 3 New Member
    I want an expansion pack announcement as well.
  • chiefmini1989chiefmini1989 Posts: 225 Member
    Can we pleeeeeease get toddlers I cannot get into my game without. Ugh #truth Out of all seriousness I'm just hoping they will give them to us.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Hi everyone

Just wanted to confirm that the December Update, featuring two new Careers, will not be coming this week. Good news is that I can confirm that we are planning to bring it to you next week. We won't be able to confirm the exact day until we have finished final testing this week.
    Finally some info. Thank you for telling us that. Interesting that next week happens to have December 16.... Hmmm...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Finally some info. Thank you for telling us that. Interesting that next week happens to have December 16.... Hmmm...

It also has December 15, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21. You know, 7 days in every week :D
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Hi everyone

It also has December 15, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21. You know, 7 days in every week :D
    serious-cat-is-not-amused-big.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,334 Member
    Oh how I hope this update includes some mistletoe. My sims want to get under some mistletoe and kiss. If not I'm going to look for some cc mistletoe.