Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two careers confirmed for December update

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I would guess that the reason we're getting Business and Athletic in a free patch is that they don't require work uniforms, unlike Law Enforcement, Medical and Military.
  • simnuttysimnutty Posts: 77 Member
    :D I realise I'm probably the only one who thinks this but....I'm lazy and my Sims are lazy :p they don't want to work ;)
    My blog includes my Sim Stories storytellerscribbles.blogspot.co.uk
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I am looking forward to the two new careers. There should defiantly be a medical career as well. Though I'd only want that if you guys added a hospital.

This was in the survey that some simmers were allowed to take for the whole of us. The careers sounded nice. I hope this is what we are getting soon. If there was daycare, then maybe we will get toddlers with this pack.

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    SimGuruRyan confirmed that they will be Business and Athletics in an interview with Kotaku last month
    I could have sworn he said Daycare (with toddlers), but they wrote it wrong.

That would be nice in the Careers EP. Maybe we are getting that and toddlers soon.
  • SparkopolisSparkopolis Posts: 36 Member
    I don't know why anyone cares about this. Forgive me but careers are meaningless in this game when you can't actually go with your sims to work and their jobs have no bearing whatsoever on their home lives. To me this is a meaningless update. How about something of substance?
  • abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    I like how careers were handled in TS3 and the Ambitions EP.... Some of us only send our sims to work to make money so we don't want or need to oversee that part of their 'lives'. Others, who are more hands on, could do some of the jobs with their sims if they wanted (fireman, salon worker, etc.). Having choices is always a good thing in The Sims.
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    Happy the athletic career is coming back again. The current careers don't really grab me at all, culinary maybe. The more realistic for me, the better.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I don't know why anyone cares about this. Forgive me but careers are meaningless in this game when you can't actually go with your sims to work and their jobs have no bearing whatsoever on their home lives. To me this is a meaningless update. How about something of substance?

I care because its 2 more careers I can work my way through so I can say ive completed them all lol
  • SparkopolisSparkopolis Posts: 36 Member
    I was really hoping for toll booth operator or pipeline corrosion inspector... you know, interesting careers.
  • Sim4MatrixSim4Matrix Posts: 32 Member
    I’m a big time darts player. Would love to see them have a mod/setting to make any career you want to correspond with other traits.
  • kates120888888kates120888888 Posts: 212 Member
    Aw i really wanted a medical carerr D:
  • JenJenGamingJenJenGaming Posts: 102 Member
    Sounds good :) I would love it if they could add education and law enforcement careers also eventually :)
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm not usually one to complain, but I'm quite disappointed that we're only getting two careers. I was expecting a full suite of all of the "regular" careers from the previous games. There had better be a lot of content in this patch or else I'll be disappointed. I'm sure many others will be as well. However, I would be happy if they released a career creation tool, where you can make your own careers.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Aww no medicine, education or law :/

Business will be good and a lot more realistic. I probably wont bother with fitness because my Sims are lazy like me.
  • NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    We wanted more realistic careers, didn't we? I appreciate a business career, and an athletic one is OK. Right now nearly all my sims are either tech gurus, secret agents (where I stop them early so they can just be cops), astronauts or restaurant service workers. It's ironic that they never meet each other at the workplace. Whereever it is.
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Yaaaaay!
    For a patch, to gain two careers, with at least two career paths for each, is really good actually. Hope there will still be more to come though; if not separate careers, extra paths within existing careers would be fab. :)
    HSau :)
  • WithoutBrain1234WithoutBrain1234 Posts: 126 Member
    But I heard someone saying it would be 10.. still happy tho, I miss the business and the medical career like A LOT. But I also liked the teacher career, wich I guess in an ambitions type of expansion?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    education and medical career would have been great :\

Business is great though :D
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
    I like the business career aspect, however I am hoping you guys will release a family expansion pack with toddlers and more toys and aspirations for kids and teens. That, or an update. No hate though, I love the game! :smiley:
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Thanks to @fullspiral for the suggestion that I post a thread around what the two careers will be in the December update. SimGuruRyan confirmed that they will be Business and Athletics in an interview with Kotaku last month.

G-News
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I really want Dumbbells and barbell in the game come on EA, i want to see my Sims training hard.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    These are "confirmed" Perhaps there are or were to be more but I haven't read anywhere that there will only be two. I'd like to see something eventually see more nefarious pursuits added to the Criminal track. Right now my SIMs can hack into the trust fund and steal cash (with NO consequences!!) sabotage the sinks at the club (and neighbors houses!!) But alas no risk or repercussion that I have seen yet!
    Need some cops and a SIM jail while they're at it. But all this would be more in the way of content for an expansion pack, I know.

Reminds me.. Medical career? SIMs never get sick! They only die.
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Medical and Scientist would be my choice for new careers. I miss Sims 3 now, might have to reinstall...... :|
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    simnutty wrote: »
    :D I realise I'm probably the only one who thinks this but....I'm lazy and my Sims are lazy :p they don't want to work ;)
    Don't worry, your sims will be able to lounge around in their new Christmas sweater :D

It's very nice that they are patching these things in for us, but it's a drop in the ocean really. Unless they're going to include some huge surprises to put in other missing stuff... go on, EA, surprise us!

• LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    Does any of the careers come with Justine Keaton or pretty Dracula or Lana Del Ray or Nicki Minaj or Arianna Grande or @munchie885 or Goopy Gilscarbo or...?
    I hope not for me as I am not fond of Goopy Gilscarbo because of his name, and it's just how it is with me, but a Handsome Dracula maybe cool, I think.