Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 pregnancy leave

DemetriDemetri Posts: 48 Member
edited January 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was thinking if our Sim is on her 3rd trimester she should have off of work. Also maybe two days after the baby is born.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Demetri wrote: »
    I was thinking if our Sim is on her 3rd trimester she should have off of work. Also maybe two days after the baby is born.

I'd like the same, as long as it's optional! I didn't like in Sims 3 how we had no choice.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I like the fact that a Sim can work right up until delivery; the enforced "no work" during pregnancy in Sims 2 seemed unrealistic to me. What I DID like about Sims 2 was that if the parent did not want to take their 3 days of leave after the baby was born, they could go to work and still have the 3 vacation days for later. I usually used them for the toddler stage so the parent could spend more time potty training etc.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Agreed! My very first Sim had her baby, put her in the bassinet, then walked out the door because she was missing work! My jaw dropped at that one. My Sims definitely need parent and child bonding time. Lol.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    I think it would be nice to be able to choose which partent stays at home, too.

I have this feeling the game didn´t include babies at all initially. Perhaps it really was a online version featuring partying young adults.
    But I am confident it will be dealt with in a generations EP.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top