Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cuddling While Sleeping and Bed Interactions.

I am tired of couples sleeping like they are brothers and sisters.

We need the cuddling while sleeping back.

Model it after TS2, where sims had a variety of animations while sleeping, like cuddling, tossing and turning and nightmares.

The lack of those really bothers me.

We also need to be able to relax in bed, read, watch TV, talk, kiss, make out and etc.

Comments

• Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    Absolutely, there have been so many interactions in previous Sims installments, even in the base games I believe, so I don't quite understand why they're all gone. A few 'basic' animations to expand on later wouldn't have been too hard. :\

But what puzzles me most is not their absence, but the fact that instantly after Woohoo, Sims always get to sleep for a few minutes. Not very romantic, is it? ;)
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    MrGodard wrote: »
    Absolutely, there have been so many interactions in previous Sims installments, even in the base games I believe, so I don't quite understand why they're all gone. A few 'basic' animations to expand on later wouldn't have been too hard. :\

But what puzzles me most is not their absence, but the fact that instantly after Woohoo, Sims always get to sleep for a few minutes. Not very romantic, is it? ;)

Not quite.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I liked it when my sims could cuddle in bed. now they just get to bed and sleep, I really haven't looked lately, but I don't know now it they turnover and hug one another while sleeping either.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I used to really like to watch my Sims sleep, it was a little game to see if I could catch them having the same thought bubble at the same time. Sometimes one of them would get a thought bubble that would indicate they were dreaming about children while the other got something to indicate that this thought terrified them.

I miss that, the Sims now? They don't seem to even notice or care that another Sim is sharing their bed. There is some sort of invisible wall between them that they never cross. I miss the way they would toss, turn, and cuddle up while sleeping.

Then there is the woohoo......

It's so.....sterile. Bump, wiggle, snooze for a second, hop out of bed, kiss the other on the cheek.....go on about your business. Seriously, why even bother? That kiss on the cheek afterwards, it's kind of cute when they're dating and don't live together but a married couple doing that? Strange.
  • Options
    MintleafMintleaf Posts: 4 New Member
    Aw...
    I really miss cuddling while sleeping and I was messing around with the emotions of the game, I made a married couple and another man. I had the other guy flirt with the wife in front of the husband, WHILE the husband was IN THE CONVERSATION. I had the wife and the random guy DO IT in his bed while he was home and he didn't even notice.
    For a minute I thought that he just, didn't care? He didn't until he walked in the bedroom (I made him) and he was sitting there for a few minutes watching his wife woohoo another man before he got even sad. :neutral_face:
    So not only are they not affectionate unless you *make* them. But they also don't care if their wife has a boyfriend in front of them.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    While were at it I think the snuggle on the sofa needs tuning so that they stay snuggled till you tell them to stop or a new cuddle interaction like we had in TS3. I liked that one better because they would stay cuddled while watching tv.
  • Options
    I used to really like to watch my Sims sleep, it was a little game to see if I could catch them having the same thought bubble at the same time. Sometimes one of them would get a thought bubble that would indicate they were dreaming about children while the other got something to indicate that this thought terrified them.

I miss that, the Sims now? They don't seem to even notice or care that another Sim is sharing their bed. There is some sort of invisible wall between them that they never cross. I miss the way they would toss, turn, and cuddle up while sleeping.

Then there is the woohoo......

It's so.....sterile. Bump, wiggle, snooze for a second, hop out of bed, kiss the other on the cheek.....go on about your business. Seriously, why even bother? That kiss on the cheek afterwards, it's kind of cute when they're dating and don't live together but a married couple doing that? Strange.

Sometimes they kiss on the lips after making out but still If we could control the energy bars and make them low I don't think either would get out of bed after woohoo.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I miss the sleep-cuddling in TS2 as well. I loved when they would wake up at the same time in the morning and cuddle a bit before getting out of bed.
  • Options
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I miss the sleep-cuddling in TS2 as well. I loved when they would wake up at the same time in the morning and cuddle a bit before getting out of bed.

If we get this I'd like for it to be it's own interaction so we can do this when we want to.
  • Options
    cdeecdee Posts: 27 Member
    I completely agree with this.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member

The post-woohoo sleep (even when sims are not tired) will make a sim miss the death by woohoo occurrence. They'll sleep through it instead of waking up. I really dislike that little sleep.

Also, agree with OP. We need more sleep interactions and romantic interactions in general.
  • Options

The post-woohoo sleep (even when sims are not tired) will make a sim miss the death by woohoo occurrence. They'll sleep through it instead of waking up. I really dislike that little sleep.

Also, agree with OP. We need more sleep interactions and romantic interactions in general.

I used to love watching sims sleep. They cuddle... Have nightmares. Have dreams about very specific things.
  • Options
    I liked the nightmares. I'd watch their thought bubbles and interpret their dreams. I also watched to see which prospective spouse popped up in a sim's dreams the most often. I figured if they were dreaming about them, they must be the one they wanted the most.
  • Options
    I liked the nightmares. I'd watch their thought bubbles and interpret their dreams. I also watched to see which prospective spouse popped up in a sim's dreams the most often. I figured if they were dreaming about them, they must be the one they wanted the most.

TS2 had a wonderful thought and memory system.

Even when talking, the speech bubbles would match the animations. Speaking of baseball, a sim would simulate a batting movement.
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Lovely suggestion Derek, I have been playing Sims 2 again recently and noticed them doing this and wished they had put this interaction in Sims 3 and Sims 4.
  • Options
    dmel25 wrote: »
    Lovely suggestion Derek, I have been playing Sims 2 again recently and noticed them doing this and wished they had put this interaction in Sims 3 and Sims 4.

TS2 line of thought seemed the be "how can we make a smaller number of features as immersive and detailed as possible". After that, reading SimGurus explaining why registration was gone from animation or why they decided to allow severe clipping, the new motto seems to be "how can we make things as easy as possible for us, cutting corners, so we have time for a larger amount of content".

The problem is, I, myself, prefer to get less objects overall, but fully-realised, than one hundred collections, achievements, clutter and the whatnot, but half-baked.

It seems once sims could sleep and woo-hoo in bed, they moved on to the next object.

I hope beds get revisited and improved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited December 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    There is a hidden Woohoo Energy statistic. Its "failure" state is the post-woohoo sleep. Shall I remove that little stinker? I've already got a mod in the works that snuffs out the hidden Child Neglect statistic's "failure" (losing your kid over an F report card).

I have no problems with the post woo-hoo sleep, but the other mod? The one that would allow my kids to get an F and not be taken away? I'd like that. In fact, I find school pointless (they meet nobody, develop no relationships, learn no skills...) and I'd love a mod that would allow all sims to skip it altogether.
    Right! It's broad (but shallow) vs. deep (but narrow) content. Broad/shallow is honestly a waste of time for everyone - the developers for not giving each bit of content the love it deserves, and the players for not having much to play with before moving on (due either to exhausting the content or the bit of content just not appealing).

Exactly.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    There is a hidden Woohoo Energy statistic. Its "failure" state is the post-woohoo sleep. Shall I remove that little stinker? I've already got a mod in the works that snuffs out the hidden Child Neglect statistic's "failure" (losing your kid over an F report card).
    The problem is, I, myself, prefer to get less objects overall, but fully-realised, than one hundred collections, achievements, clutter and the whatnot, but half-baked.
    Right! It's broad (but shallow) vs. deep (but narrow) content. Broad/shallow is honestly a waste of time for everyone - the developers for not giving each bit of content the love it deserves, and the players for not having much to play with before moving on (due either to exhausting the content or the bit of content just not appealing).

I would like to see the post-woohoo sleep go. When my sim's husband died, her energy bar was at 100%. Had he not croaked, she would have woken within seconds. The death animation knocked the wake up animation out so she never woke until after it was all over. I haven't heard from others who've had a sim die from woohoo, so I don't know if this is part of the game or a bug (the sleeping through it).

ETA: I think it should remain for sims who are at a certain level of tired (yellow, maybe).
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    Maybe this is a glitch, almost every thing is a glitch lol
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I would certainly enjoy some post woo hoo cuddling to be in Sims 4 like it was in Sims 3.
  • Options
    dogdancer wrote: »
    I would certainly enjoy some post woo hoo cuddling to be in Sims 4 like it was in Sims 3.

Wouldn't we all?
  • Options
    I don't care how much my sims giggle under the sheets. Sims 4 woohoo looks painful. Have you ever watched when one of your sims gets kicked in the face? I'd shove someone out of bed if they did that to me!

These are all basic animations, but they added a lot to the game. I wish they'd been included.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd like to have more bed interactions than just sleep/nap and Woohoo. Cuddling on bed, making out (couch makeout in Sims 3 was pretty lame but bed makeout rocked), even just sitting on the bed leaned up on the headboard to read, watch TV or chat with legs stretched out. And definitely need to cuddle in bed, or spoon each other...I've been married 23 years and my husband and I still spoon in bed!
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Making out should be allowed while standing, on the bed, wherever. The Sims 4 couch makeout is tamer than tame. The teens have better romantic interactions than the adults do. I also want my sim flirted with and kissed or hugged or seductive whispered before woohoo instead of that juvenile cheer. At least throw in a variety (no doubt some people like it the way it is).

Our sims need to be able to read, relax, watch TV, maybe use their laptop and daydream while reclining in bed.

I'd also like to see a relaxed, longer lasting cuddle. The snuggle looks so uncomfortable and awkward. And why couldn't the "make a move" be extended to the sim on the receiving end, grabbing hold of that arm and bringing it back (sort of like the heat of the moment kiss reaction from Sims 3)? I'd like for my sims to be able to sling an arm across another sim's shoulders and watch TV (parents could do this with kids also) maybe cuddle together while reading. What about lying down reading with your head in another sim's lap? What about pulling a sim passing by onto your lap and cuddling/kissing?

I could go on and on. As I said, romantic and simple affectionate animations need work.