This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    @HIFreeBirdIH Well the kids stuff doesn't look too bad I guess and at least they gave more than just 15 seconds lol

I do want to see how the monster under the bed will work and what it does, since it's coming in the BG according to @SimGuruGraham .

And for those who have GT, they'll be more rules added for this SP too!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    The stuff pack looks good. I love the puppet theatre and the battle station. I think this one is going on the list....
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,662 Member
    Yes, I expect I will buy it. I think it's a nice idea that they've incorporated card collections into the battle game thing. I just hope the collecting of them is well implemented.

I was a little sad to see only one bedroom set, so I hope they have many recolours including some plain ones. The puppet show is a lovely idea but I cannot see myself using that much.
  • Options
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited June 2016
    it does look a good pack but I don´t think it will be enough to make me come back to the game...

@clover24 it is the link for the pipe

http://happylifesims.tumblr.com/post/96241279618/sims-3-tobacco-pipe
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    @junceda oh yeah thanks... and to think I never knew what mods were before I joined the forums... oh how I'm loving them. A sims with a pipe :D cracks me up
  • Options
    modders are never to be thanked too much!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    junceda wrote: »
    modders are never to be thanked too much!

;)
  • Options

I was planning something for him

Screenshot-251_zps96v70alp.jpg

But looking through a window that´s what I saw

Screenshot-250_zpseh9aijwa.jpg

Screenshot-248_zpshfamabrq.jpg

may be there´s something else going on...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    junceda wrote: »

Screenshot-250_zpseh9aijwa.jpg

Screenshot-248_zpshfamabrq.jpg

Honestly, between these two photos, I wanted to see a picture of his tobacco pipe sticking through her head, because I feel like it's impossible for him not to do that considering he probably won't take it out.

Also, the SP might not bring you back, but it is showing that they are starting to go in the right direction, albeit slowly. I'm hoping that Backyard Stuff will include more Kids stuff, like tree houses, sandboxes, slides, and stuff like that. I'm just hoping that it'll be too much animation for a SP and that they'll patch some playground equipment into the BG for those who don't want it.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    I can´t remember if there was some clipping with the pipe thing but I wonder how/why you could worry about it knowing that you (TS4 players in general) take all the awefull clipping in that game without giving it not a second glance most times...

I´ll say it again, modders make a wonderfull job (TS2, TS3 and TS4 modders) with the tools they have, to enhance the games, and all for free, so thankyou once more modders!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Hey all, been busy working and my puter is wonky so not playing as much. Miss ya, but, the extra money again is awesome! :) Gonna start putting a bit aside as I can for that NEW puter I've been wanting since before I lost the other job. @junceda I am so with you on the modders. If I hadn't discovered Nraas, and I started with relativity for a month or so before I had the nerve to delve in to some of their other mods, I would have given up on Sims3 and that would have been a crying shame. That was my biggest issue at the time with Sims 3 was the time management and with Nraas relativity I could control it and that was awesome!!! So, yes, thank you modders. AND, that is another of the big reasons I will not buy Sims4 (other than the fact that I don't like the art style, loading screens, closed world, no CAS+, no terrain tools, goofy grins and walks, stupid emotions, plastic lego looking hair, plastic doll house looking furniture and decor, multi tasking that causes sims to do stupid stuff, same same same sims because traits are awful, glitches, bugs, NO TODDLERS, no Teenagers, no elders, no adults) and I don't want to have to mod a game again to like it and the mods won't fix the plastic looking stuff anyways. :( OMG, was that sentence long enough? Y'all have a wonderful day and I will go back to lurkdom with my negativity. :)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited June 2016
    I just can't help it but that Kids SP is just more stuff I have no interest in without toddlers. They were all I kept thinking about while watching the trailer...

And then I get that nasty little pang of some feeling I don't know because I actually *really* like the look of it, deep, deep down and I want nothing more than to buy stuff for this game. I *need* a new sims game but my mind and body just refuse to budge. I will not touch this plum until they either talk about toddlers or add them.

--T

ETA: Urgh! Being a sims fan really blows.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,671 Member
    Since we got this new kid stuff pack coming and the tweens content why not have preteens I mean the teen sims look like adult height wise there should be preteens out you know.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @bekkasan you stated my feelings exactly! Every time I break down and buy something for this game I get disgusted with this franchise as well as myself for wanting to believe in the hype. I was thinking about it the last time I tried to play this game and I finally realized that part of the issue I'm having is that I just plain don't like these sims. I don't like their clownish behavior, their autopilot constant chatting, their insistence on doing their own thing in spite of what I command them to do, or their revolving emotions that make them seem rather insane...and I don't like their plastic baby doll molded hair and their cartoon environment and the lack of any logic to what little simulation there actually is in this game. It's not possible for me to play it at all without mods to stop the culling and other annoyances, and with the frequent patching that gets old fast.

@To7m I haven't seen the videos or read the info on the new kids pack and frankly I'm not sure when I will. It's great I guess that they're adding some more things for kids to do but no doubt it won't work the way it's advertised because nothing in this game actually does that. Plus it just feels like they're throwing birdseed to pacify family players. If that sounds ungrateful, sorry, but the rest of the game is such a disappointment to me that I don't know what else to say about it. I think it's going to be very revealing, what they finally announce for the next EP.

Anyhow, I'm also saving up for a new computer just because it's time. I'm thinking about even building it myself. :o In any case I'm still driving back and forth to my house 3 hours away to pack up, throw stuff away, and eventually get it painted and put up for sale. So that will keep me busy most of the summer I'm afraid.

@junceda thanks for the link to the mod. My father used to smoke a pipe when I was a child so it makes me feel nostalgic. Your pictures were awesome! :)

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    @junceda wrote: »
    I can´t remember if there was some clipping with the pipe thing but I wonder how/why you could worry about it knowing that you (TS4 players in general) take all the awful clipping in that game without giving it not a second glance most times...

I´ll say it again, modders make a wonderful job (TS2, TS3 and TS4 modders) with the tools they have, to enhance the games, and all for free, so thank you once more modders!

I'm not really concerned about clipping in many games, at least for me, unless it forces me into a place I can't get out of or get stuck in a place meant to be unreachable. I know that it's really jarring for some people, but for me, it doesn't really bother me that much. I think people who play TS4 and aren't bothered by it are just accept as a way for making routing easier, since if they did make it so that nothing ever clipped, Sims wouldn't be able to walk down half-tiles spaces or be able to get past each other.

By the way, I was really just interested in seeing if there was clipping because I just thought it would be a hilarious image of seeing a pipe poking her eye out while the guy goes in to give a hug, not to throw shade at TS3.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2016
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    um mmmmmmmm
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    um mmmmmmmm

Yeah... that was my response when I saw that.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Mine too. Too difficult............................................................................ Really? :| It's only been done twice..............................

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I think they mean it's too difficult (and expensive) to re-do a lot of what is already in the game to add toddlers. So perhaps when they say they want to do what fans want, that means they're working on TS5. :D

Seriously though, this is why when they weren't announced for the second EP (which turned out to be GT) I pretty much gave up. The more stuff that gets added to the game, it seems to me that the more and more difficult it is to re-do things to fit in extra age states. At this point it looks like if they are added, they're going to be pretty limited, and not really integrated much with the rest of the game. And if they're only available in an EP then forget it, they'll be even more limited because nothing will ever be added for them in upcoming content.

IMO instead I think they are going to focus on adding what they can in an attempt to appease those who think family play has been neglected - hence a pack for kids, coming right up. ;) But I still have grave doubts that they will ever add age stages to the game or change any of them that are already there in a significant way. They may try to tweak them, but we're never getting real babies or teens that look like teens, IMO.

Now that they added those Easter eggs/"hints" in DO (the baby bottles and teddy bear) I am going to be quite interested in seeing what they announce for the next EP. They're always welcome to prove me wrong, but so far I haven't seen that happening.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options

buah! I mean... come on, too difficult???!!!

It´s OK @HIFreeBirdIH may be I missunderstood you, but here we are, there is no problem with the pipe for hughs and such, may be because Haddock is a very tall man IDK

Screenshot-255_zps7uwjgdwz.jpg

Screenshot-254_zpszzvwja43.jpg

Though I know I will have to remove it when the moment of kisses arrives...

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    I´m with you @HappySimmer3 I gave up when I saw the second EP and no toddlers... They just don´t say it clearer to soften the damages...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    mskube wrote: »

Got it.

Yogi Berra or James Bond would dig that thread.

For what it is worth, The I T firm I work for contracts solely with corporate entities, none of which are related to gaming, although I can't say who we contract with or not, because I won't know that until I am told that I know what it is I can't talk about because I don't know it yet . From my interactions with the occasional suit who forgets his password and locks himself out of the system, I learned that they pretty much go to school to master doublespeak. It's not just EA, it's S. O. P. for big outfits. The Top Cats hold all the yarn.

Cannot stress this enough. I'm not taking a swipe at the gurus, mods and/or anyone else involved in this place and all it concerns.

All info regarding "Tot-Or-Not" or any other family-play content are under lock and key, way upstairs in the organization.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top