Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @HappySimmer3 Thanks. I just spent over 2 hrs studying policies and procedures via on-line modules. I did about 6 hrs yesterday. Sigh. Nurses are never done studying and having to prove knowledge and ability. What other professions have to do that when they change jobs or companies? Ok...off my soap box. :) I'm taking a break as I only have 3 more to go and shouldn't take too long and maybe can play sims later today.

I actually remember seeing a tweet from one of the guru's/dev's just within the last few months that Pets were not being worked on at all at that point, so I don't know if they could get them done that quickly as they will be as hard to code as toddlers and babies to keep sims from 'pocketing' them. I don't recall which dev and I don't save those tweets.

I think the multi tasking that was put into the core game is the biggest problems with the Sims 4 version as all the game play issues and things they cannot do, or things that are 'hard' to do seem to impact or be conflicted because of the multi tasking. I think they need to go back to the core and address that to make this game the winning tittle they want. It will never be winning for me as I can't get past the art style or the load screens. At least they have not made anything yet EP/SP/GP that speaks to me that I have to have the game and that I could learn to just ignore the things I don't like about it. It is not like there are not a few things I dislike about Sims3, but, I just learned to ignore them or modded them. :)

Of course, there are still the issues with emotions and traits that seem to cause players issues with sims not being individual and seem the same.

@junceda That is a beautiful place. I downloaded it, but have not put it in game yet as I don't really have a world that I thought would do it justice. You will have to let us know how that world works.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @junceda That world looks awesome! :smiley: It must have taken a wile to do all of that
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Hi everyone, I have an all-equal-answer-toddler poll that you vote on.
    If you can vote, that will be great. One time vote only.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5752f93de4b00996e5ce0a67
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,187 Member

Just voted
  • VanGoslingVanGosling Posts: 82 Member

Voted as well! I chose definitely for toddlers to come back.
    Okay my sims 3 game on my dads is officially broken . Sigh there i no fixing it, I still got the game on my laptop, but with ls expansion for space .But my dad had all my saves,most of my custom content . My sim families, one I was working on . Was showing a family four growing up. They were not married in the game at the beginning. Because I accidentally checked Fiance, and not married . I had a wedding for them, and taught there toddlers aree three skills . So I guess I'll have uninstall everything, and re in stall it.
    So rip all my sims 3 sims from my Dads computer . I had really fun with them,and i'll miss playing with them.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    VanGosling wrote: »

I voted too!
  • VanGoslingVanGosling Posts: 82 Member
    VanGosling wrote: »

I voted too!

YAY! :D
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I'm sorry @Horrorgirl6 losing families we are attached to is sad. I hope you get it working again and connect with a new save :)

@junceda all looks fantastic! :)

@bekkasan good luck with it all honey *big cuddles*

@HappySimmer3 yes it seems this was rearranging content we already had. I think it's really sad actually that if this was their vision that it wasn't like it from day one-it seems a lot of extra time to rework outfits when they could have been created that way to work well on both genders originally. I think it's a step forward for the game but I'm sad that we didn't get it on day one along with so much other missing content we see now (and that we don't such as toddlers).

I just hope that if they come up with a TS5 that they will learn from this and finish the base before release.
    Thankyou Sparkle Fairy I hope to fix it up soon, i'll probably do it . On Monday since my dad will be at work, and I can uninstall all my expansions,and games. My Dad did said his computer with out his consent download Windows 10. O_O He changed it back, but it did change stuff. I admit the problum has begun after that fiasco. Also with my other sim games as well.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited June 2016
    @bekkasan I feel your pain! Those training "modules" that some companies make you do are no fun. I used to work for a government agency that made us all take certain kinds of training every year. The same training, over and over! And you're right about that comment. All I know is that they have added "human" to some of the interactions so that means there is something 'not human' coming soon.

I also agree with you on the bugs in TS3 and all the mods that I need to run the thing. Even the thought of removing all my mods makes me feel anxiety. :D OTOH I feel the same way about TS4; I refuse to play it without a mod that eliminates the sim and relationship culling (and fixes some of the other bugs and deficiencies).

To me, the Sims has always been about simulating pixel people and their relationships/roles in life. Daughter, sister, friend, wife, step/mother, aunt, employee, boss, etc. etc. It's bad enough that there is hardly any content for a lot of those relationships but for a Sim game to include deleting some of these relationships from my sims is just a complete horror fest as far as I'm concerned. Why else would I play the thing if it wasn't to develop relationships between my sims??

Speaking of which, I've downloaded all the updates and even though I haven't played 4 since last December I've been thinking about starting up a game - but what is stopping me is that first it might have to be mod-less for right now due to the patch, and second because I still can't imagine a way to play this game that sounds fun to me. It's not a traditional sim game at all, at least not to me. I've never been interested in using a pose player to put my sims in fake poses and making up stories to go along with them and it seems like that's the best way to play 4. If I "tell" a story (even if it's only in my head), it's always based on what's actually possible in the game. This game gives me almost nothing to work with, IMO, and limits what I can do with the sims anyway.

So I thought maybe I would look at some challenges to see if anything catches my eye. But the hold-up there is that I hate challenges and almost never stick to the rules because that's just not fun for me. I don't mind using them for inspiration but that's about all. So I've yet to actually start up the game since I updated.

I would so like to be able to enjoy this game and it's very frustrating (and SAD!) that they've made it so impossible for me to enjoy it. :'(

@Horrorgirl6 is there no way to save the parts of the game on your Dad's PC that you want to put on your laptop with a USB drive?

@sparkfairy1 I agree, if this recent unisex clothing thing was in the game from the beginning they would not have so many issues with some of the clothing meshes looking so bad. Maybe going forward they will do a better job at the new content that is added (maybe). I think since they said they were adding things 'never before seen' with the sims this is one of the easier things they came up with that would not require as much effort as adding traditional content like more believable age stages (including toddlers), pets, or weather. I wouldn't be at all surprised if those things never come, and we'll see more things that are new to the series but easier to implement. (Although I do have to say that what they've added has been available from modders since TS2 and maybe TS1 too, so new to the official game but not something never heard of before.)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    As for the next EP, I hope it’s supernatural, I miss those creatures from TS3, they added a lot of variety to the gameplay.
    wbeqsHO.jpg

BwNKwoL.jpg

f1d0F1k.jpg

QSYvMbP.jpg

X5BbXfK.jpg

r2SMzSH.jpg

Ny8hv7j.jpg

5uRcT0n.jpg

WqJW3Pm.jpg

Fhw8m2q.jpg

RslBaDL.jpg

dAVAgDh.jpg

cj3lJDy.jpg

Rxbds8g.jpg

aIqvUtW.jpg

zJ2Vt0b.jpg

Sorry for the amount of pictures, but I couldn’t help it ;)
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
    Oh wow @Voeille they look awesome! I still haven't delved into my supernatural saves. I had an issue with my pc the other day so I'm giving it a rest a while lol.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    It might be a Supernatural pack, or at least a new creature. Since I have personally rarely played any of the creatures in any of the Sims games it won't do anything for me, though. It will just mean even more waiting for something that speaks to my play style. :(
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    It might be a Supernatural pack, or at least a new creature. Since I have personally rarely played any of the creatures in any of the Sims games it won't do anything for me, though. It will just mean even more waiting for something that speaks to my play style. :(

I know that feeling well *sigh*
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Break time again. :) When I opened the last module I was thinking almost done. NOT This module has 14 sub modules in it and most are 30-to 1hr each. I just counted up I have about 7 hrs to go. Some I can do faster but most have audio that you can't speed up. blah. I have to be done by Monday so will do a few more later today and start fresh for the rest in the am. Gonna go load one of my games.

@Voeille wow...awesome pics!! I'm a big supernatural fan and usually have some form of supernaturals in my games. I do want to know where you got the awesome Tiger skin though. :) please. :)

• VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited June 2016
    @bekkasan
    I downloaded it ages ago, I don’t have all the CC here on my laptop, but I still have it on my PC so if I don’t find it on the internet I’ll try to find it in my CC folder, luckily I categorised it to some extent while merging packages so it shouldn’t take ages ;)

As for a side note, I’m getting the impression that now EA is trying to cater to various groups of players, like with the new update or Dine Out (lots of people asked for restaurants), or the kids pack, I wonder how it’ll turn out. I like the direction they’re slowly going into (trying to please players and give them more options), however, I worry it might end up releasing half baked content.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member

>Just Voted
    edited June 2016
    At this point reading this these threads .I want to face palm so hard on both sides . This whole thing is getting silly, its like both sides are overeacting.
    Some people who liked the patch, apparently to them . If you don't agree with the patch, and you don't agree with gender identity . Or if you find men having babies weird . Your a ignorant, or apparently stupid. Which is wrong. Gender identity, I don't believe is a social construct . I beliver gender roles are . I believe genders are physical, not social constructs . I do not hate the transgender community, and why we don't agree. I respect them as people,and there views.
    Now the other side
    Apparently just having these options in the game is forceful. I don't agree with that all ? The game has the options, but in the end its just your choice to used them.They can easily ignore the options, and keep the tags . And just play the game . .Its not being forced up on them .There is no need to be so dramatic. They can only make them if they choose too. I do agree with filters , it would be good for both sides . You find the sim you want, or want to play with .Some also on this side do not know how to talk in a respectful matter.

It seems to me the problem is for both sides . People instead of respecting other views, and opinions. Would rather force there own opinions,views,and agendas on others .Than have civil discussions,and instead just want to argue . And use this forum as battle grounds.We really need to learn not everyone going to have the same opinion , or view as us. And instead be little them. We need respect them.

This forum use to be so fumn to me . And it breaks my heart people are fighting.
    edited June 2016
    On some brighter, and more happier on topic news. I made a new sims 2 family, been playing it all after noon . :) I 'll post pics later . But the family start out as a small family of two, but now its a family a 5.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member

It's not a traditional sim game at all, at least not to me. I've never been interested in using a pose player to put my sims in fake poses and making up stories to go along with them and it seems like that's the best way to play 4. If I "tell" a story (even if it's only in my head), it's always based on what's actually possible in the game. This game gives me almost nothing to work with, IMO, and limits what I can do with the sims anyway.

I would so like to be able to enjoy this game and it's very frustrating (and SAD!) that they've made it so impossible for me to enjoy it. :'(

Agree, IMO, in terms of gameplay and creativness TS4 is a shallow shell compared to its predecessors. It's very sad.

@bekkasan Maybe it's the multi tasking that makes it hard for them to add new gameplay content.
    OR, I guess their 'vision' was a dress-up-party themed online game, so maybe they just stick with it :\ If they worked on the gender neutral update for a year, as I saw someone said, how long would it take to add a new lifestage?
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited June 2016
    kPsbZ3K.png

I made a family wall in the heir's bedroom. She's only got one generation of Sims to think about (soon to be two, bwehehe), but there have been a lot of pictures taken. She's got six kids! I was considering not putting up the picture of her with their father because they split so suddenly and are still working through it... But I guess he deserves to have a picture up so he's there! Just in the corner, lol.

Edit: Looking at the picture again, I'm seeing some serious facial similarities between different generations. I promise no two pictures that are up are the same!
    Well here is my family
    [img][/img]2gtrxxh.jpg
    Meet Velma and Shean. There are married,and both want a big family . Shean is it in the music career, while Velma writes for a living .And is a stay home mom. Velma, and Shean couldn't waito start a family . They tried for a baby on the first night .It was a success, than they choose to adopt an older kid .
    i3cva9.jpg
    She is very sweet, and love her dad .She also helps around the apartment like taking out the trash. And walk the cat.She likes to play in her small room too.Her favorite toy seems to be the doll house

View My Video
    After the three exciting days, of adopting .Getting a new pet, a promotion, new friends . The special day , or should I say night has finally arived.To my surprise Velma had twins, making there current daughter a big sister .There names are Cathy, and Aiden.
    73laww.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top