Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I hope you're right, @scobre. I would love to see it, and I think a toggle in the game options would be a great compromise to the toddler/no toddler debates. I just wish EA/Maxis hadn't categorized this subject at "future content" so that they could remain silent while we all beg for news. I try to be a patient person, but after two years, I am very tired.

Because of EA/Maxis' behavior from Summer 2014 to now, I don't feel like a priority to them, and I don't feel respected. And it doesn't help when the self-appointed Junior Moderators lecture players like me and tell us that our complaints are tiresome, we're just a loud, whiny minority, that we should just go play one of the earlier versions, etc. Sometimes it makes me feel like there's a double standard when those remarks aren't moderated, but the responses calling out their inappropriate remarks are. All of that combined makes me feel like an unwelcome player. :(
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I hope you're right, @scobre. I would love to see it, and I think a toggle in the game options would be a great compromise to the toddler/no toddler debates. I just wish EA/Maxis hadn't categorized this subject at "future content" so that they could remain silent while we all beg for news. I try to be a patient person, but after two years, I am very tired.

Because of EA/Maxis' behavior from Summer 2014 to now, I don't feel like a priority to them, and I don't feel respected. And it doesn't help when the self-appointed Junior Moderators lecture players like me and tell us that our complaints are tiresome, we're just a loud, whiny minority, that we should just go play one of the earlier versions, etc. Sometimes it makes me feel like there's a double standard when those remarks aren't moderated, but the responses calling out their inappropriate remarks are. All of that combined makes me feel like an unwelcome player. :(
    Well I'll try my best to ask for it with the Gurus. Try to come up with ideas on how the feature can still make money. I won't give up on wanting toddlers. Yeah just hit report when people start calling you names about it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Twitch Stream in 10 min, for anyone interested in joining and seeing what kids stuff there is:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Children and adults can color the placemats while they wait for their food! It's a little thing, but I love it because it reminds me of going to restaurants with my kids. <3
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Well I'll try my best to ask for it with the Gurus. Try to come up with ideas on how the feature can still make money. I won't give up on wanting toddlers. Yeah just hit report when people start calling you names about it.

There is plenty of money potential for added DLC. Not just charging from the basics-from offering all sorts of clothes, hair etc people love all the added stuff if it caters for how they like to play.
  • VanGoslingVanGosling Posts: 82 Member
    @VanGosling It is sad that some players are resorting to toxic behaviour against the new patch although that is nothing new, it has interestingly created new rivalries and unlike the old disputes which are nearly always Sims related and easy to shrug off, players are now taking some things more personal than ever so this is a new low for the forums.

I myself wouldn't use the patch had I played TS4 as I am not interested in anything LBGT although I have nothing against the LBGT community whatsoever and it is well understood that some LGBT players find comfort and acceptance in The Sims so it will be sad to take that away from those players

Yeah so true, I agree with everything you have said here.
    I am a fan of the sims 4 and play the game almost everyday so the new patch has been greatly accepted and played with. For me the new "clothing" options add another type of realism to the game, as well as now being able to make more interesting Sims in my games. I know many players have problems when it comes to transgender people but I am not one of them. After all we're all different and different is what makes everyone special. But for the sake of this thread staying happy I won't mention this again. But I do like the glass roofs you can now use in build mode! It's given me many new options and now means I can make new types of rooms and buildings such as a garden centre. I'll try and upload a pic of my garden centre this weekend. And as many simmers have already mentioned I can really see toddlers possibly being patched in after this last patch.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    So watching the twitch I am kind of sad because I just think how awesome this would be with toddlers. *sigh*. If they ever come I don't want them shut out of all the DLC from before they got around to making them. :'(
    I have a feeling that toddlers will be patched in sometime over the next few months, hopefully just before they announce a family themed ep. I hope it will be a family themed ep as there are only six months left in 2016, so I assume there will only be one ep this year. But if we keep getting great patches like this last one then I don't mind too much.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited June 2016
    They digged at themselves with that "Party all the time" comment there. So sarcastic! :lol:
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
    I was thinking a DLC SP with some of the toddler toy ideas and sparkfairy and ugh Twitch overwhelmed me. I freaked out with my social anxiety and the stream cut out. Never again will join a live stream for the Sims. XD 3K people at it.
    I'm a little sad that there's no table engagements. Missed opportunity right there. I love that feature in Sims 2, because it's another way of telling one chapter of my sims' life stories.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'm hoping they add some kind of toddlers patch with the stuff pack they have coming this summer with the kids stuff. It would be a wonderful summer gift for everyone who have been desperately asking for toddlers to make a come back (me included lol ;) ) There really does need to be more for kids abd teens to do. I feel like they're trapped in an adult world with nothing fun to do but play blandly on jungle gyms at the park or the occasion dollhouse and a few toys here and there. There needs to be more.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited June 2016
    Okay, going to be using this place as a fallout shelter until all this conflict passes over. I've been having some fun with the update, and I haven't even done that much gameplay yet.

I decided to update one of my Sims to make them more "edgy," if it even looks like that. Unisex really opened a lot of options for me with this.

Before:
    JoVv6Na.png
    After:
    ICpmtzR.png

I also tried to start playing with the Tsumi-O'Malon family again, and I have to say the lighting is gorgeous!
    jlJnAwq.png
    c93EfVM.png
    3vFAid0.png
    0AK2EW9.png
    ujldEN1.png

Just look at that! It really changes the aesthetic of the game and makes it even more beautiful, for me at least. I honestly wish this type of lighting was in the other games, because if it was, I would spend so much time in them! Well besides TS3, which my computer has trouble running, but is otherwise fun. I can't even imagine how much slowdown there would be with this type of lighting.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    Fist off let me say I am deeply saddened my the loss of our dear @Sennie, RIP. :'(

I am surprised at the behaviour of some of our fellow simmers with regards to the recent update. Once the misunderstanding regarding how it would affect townie and NPC generation was cleared up, I thought the matter would be water under the bridge but despite the gender issue being a completely user optional phenomenon some individuals STILL decided to make it an issue. I won't judge anyone for their reasons for not liking it but if it's something that won't affect persons that don't want to use it, what's the issue?

On a more positive note, I'm finally on a sims 3 groove :D . I wont be posting pictures of my families or post about their stories yet though. I still have a lot of refreshing to do before I can stir the direction of a good story. hopefully by the second generation I'd garner enough confidence to share what my sim are up to. I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. Seriously, I never expected to have this much fun going back to sims 3.

Happy Simming and stay sweet
    I don't usually buy stuff packs, but this oen looks like its worth getting! I can really see toddlers and a family ep coming out this year now. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.
    A puppet theatre would be so cool! I wonder what the battle station might be, it will be interesting to see what they have in store for us. I've been rather lukewarm about the stuff packs, but I am definitely looking forward to this one.
    A puppet theatre would be so cool! I wonder what the battle station might be, it will be interesting to see what they have in store for us. I've been rather lukewarm about the stuff packs, but I am definitely looking forward to this one.

It could be that the battle station is an arena type of thing where kids can play with water guns, or fake guns, behind tires and bins and shoot playfully at each other. I used to have loads of fun doing that so it would be funny to see it happening in game as well.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @HIFreeBirdIH I like the Sim that you shared, it goes to show that not every item of clothing is just for men or just for woman :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    VanGosling wrote: »
    It could be that the battle station is an arena type of thing where kids can play with water guns, or fake guns, behind tires and bins and shoot playfully at each other. I used to have loads of fun doing that so it would be funny to see it happening in game as well.
    Gosh, you have high hopes! I was imagining it to be something like those plastic-looking mini barriers in Sims 3 Seasons that they have snowball or water fights from. But I hope it's your idea they do and not mine :)

I still believe we will not be getting toddlers. And I so hope I am wrong about that.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @junceda Awesome pics! :smiley:

I love the lavish look of the palace and the clothing :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @bekkasan congrats on the new job! I know it must be a bummer that you don't get to play sims as much though!

@Junceda your pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Is that the mansion that you linked here not long ago? I downloaded that but haven't installed it because I have so many other projects going on in my TS3 game. I am helping to test a mod to Grandma's Canning station that greatly expands the things you can do with it, but I had to create a vampire family with kids (and I rarely play any of the supernaturals so it's been interesting, to say the least). :D

Anyway, that house looks incredible! I believe she said it took her 3 years to complete it? I'm afraid it might break my PC!

IMO there are a couple of reasons there has been so much hostility to the update. I can't discuss the first reason as it gets into topics which are not allowed to be discussed on this forum, but the other reason is all Maxis' and EA's fault, at least the way I see it. The game is so lacking and the development schedule is on a life support drip that takes forever for any content to come out at all. Whether that is because the base just can't handle new content well or they just don't have the staff and resources they need to do it, no one knows. Just as an example, I watched the Dine Out Twitch last night and they said a good chunk of their time was taken up with making sims stay in the same seats at the same table at the restaurants (insert eye roll). I did not get the impression that what they changed will have any affect on the musical chairs going on in the rest of the game.

At any rate, when that long-awaited for content doesn't cater to the way you play, it seems like wasted time and resources. Right or wrong, people resent that. Some of us have been waiting for two years for content that caters to the way we play. But like I said, the way I see it is that this is all on the company and the studio and nothing to do with other simmers. People really need to stop making comments that are hurtful to others.

Since they have not been very good at flexibility and choice in this game I do applaud them for making these changes optional for players. But once again the update was mainly about looks and not gameplay. I mean sure, the way a sim looks can contribute to the story in your head but it's not like they added any interactions or animations or additional content that wasn't already there. So yeah, easier than toddlers for sure.

That said, some people are speculating that pets is the next EP. I can't express the outrage and fury I will feel if they come out with pets but we still do not have toddlers. :#
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Yes @HappySimmer3, it´s Nora´s palace, isn´t it really gorgeous? I put it in a world named Versailles customized to be Versalles village and palace, I can´t remember where or from whom I got it, though it is unfinished it is very beautifull and I´m having a great time enjoying my new palace and trying to give the place a finished look
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Hey I got the link for the world Versailles by @Amichan619

http://modthesims.info/t/496821

though it is uploaded i january 2015 it is little bit more done than what I have

MTS_Amichan619-1346511-Screenshot-42.jpg

MTS_Amichan619-1346515-Screenshot-35.jpg

MTS_Amichan619-1346513-Screenshot-37.jpg

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top