Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Can I just ask, exactly how much family play was added into The Sims 3 in it's first year? And I mean gameplay where the entire family interacted with one another, not one on one interactions. I'm actually curious.

@Prink34320 it didn't need it. The BASE on release had toddlers, babies that weren't objects and the basics in family play. We didnt need to wait to be catered to as in TS4.

@Frogprincess_q I know honey. It's really depressing. But at least we have each other :) *big cuddles*
    @Cesal95 fantastic family pictures <3

@Scobre thank you for the long version of what I said. I just woke up so my brain isn't quite awake yet! ;)
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Can I just ask, exactly how much family play was added into The Sims 3 in it's first year? And I mean gameplay where the entire family interacted with one another, not one on one interactions. I'm actually curious.

@Prink34320 it didn't need it. The BASE on release had toddlers, babies that weren't objects and the basics in family play. We didnt need to wait to be catered to as in TS4.

@Frogprincess_q I know honey. It's really depressing. But at least we have each other :) *big cuddles*

I was mostly meaning in the base game and with examples. I can understand aspects of family play with Babies and definitely Toddlers, but those are just 2 Life Stages that were decent in family play.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    Hi everyone :) I haven't been posting in a while (College and working are a bad combination :/) but I feel identificated with some of you, I haven't touched TS4, I've been playing just TS2 and I'm having such a nice time! I really love it and I can say TS4 doesn't have even a quarter of TS2 family play, at this point I just feel like I've lost the hope for toddlers/more family play in TS4 :confounded:
    Anyways, I'm so happy that this thread is almost 1000 pages! Congrats @sparkfairy1! and thank you for being so passionate about family play and us family play fans <3 you're truly amazing!

Also as I said, I've been playing TS2 and my neighborhood Nuevo Amanecer and wanted to share some pics! :blush:

Andrew found the love of his life: Maribel
    snapshot_02ed3af4_02f5ba6d_zpsv4l7gadn.jpg
    They had a beautiful girl called Erin, she has her father's eyes!

snapshot_02ed3af4_62f6d5a4_zpssgec9idl.jpg
    snapshot_02ed3af4_02f6d8f6_zps5gbois8p.jpg
    She loves playing and being with her parents

snapshot_02ed3af4_22f78699_zpsizmtm9yq.jpg
    snapshot_02ed3af4_42f78686_zpsr11ilrhk.jpg
    snapshot_02ed3af4_22f788d7_zpsz2icgpf8.jpg
    snapshot_02ed3af4_22f788f1_zps9lbg2ykj.jpg
    snapshot_02ed3af4_42f7892b_zpsrzy3sxe5.jpg

She's a child now, she is becoming a great dancer :blush:
    snapshot_02ed3af4_42f85a9d_zpsxhybweyf.jpg

I'm playing TS2 in the little time I have, but I'm really enjoying it and discovering new things everytime I play :)

Gorgeous pics! My keyboard is broken so I'm using an on screen one and it's hard to write much.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Can I just ask, exactly how much family play was added into The Sims 3 in it's first year? And I mean gameplay where the entire family interacted with one another, not one on one interactions.
    Well base game had all life stages. Babies you could move around with, toddlers, child, teen, young adult, adult, and elder. There were cars you could drive around your family in. A whole bunch of nursery items your family could use. Part-time jobs available for teens and older which was nice if you wanted to have a parent work only while the kids were at school. Then you could pick whatever house size and place a lot on the road wherever you wanted. Plus if you want multiple families in your world, you could with CAW. Didn't have to worry about families getting culled. There was a bookstore, a grocery store, and other community lots that families could visit. There were real NPCs, so if a child got taken away an actual social worker would come by. Newspaper was fun. You could read about a nearby family moving away or a baby being born or the death of a Sim. Genetics actually followed through. If you made a Sim with highlights and another Sims with different highlights, odds are the kid will have highlight color of one of their parents. Same with no matter what color you picked for the eye color. Family tree actually worked and children recognized their relatives. There was a video game console Sims could play together too.

WA offered shops, photography, fireworks, and vacation homes. It offered one life state and 3 different ethnic locations. It was really cool having French children sing songs in French. Plus if you wanted to own a family vineyard, you could run it from home. Terrain tool and pond tool was nice too. Children could run and play on hills if I wanted them too. There was actually play interactions. Plus Sim couples could actually cuddle in bed and on the couch. The basement tool was introduced in which there could have four levels underground and five levels above.

Ambitions was released a year from the first release too, so it counts. That offered self-employed and education careers. Sims could do laundry with that and had an eco-friendly trait. It was fun to make eco-friendly families sometimes. This is just a few of the things. I'm sure plenty of Simmers can share pictures of more things they can do in the base game alone even. If you check back in the thread, there are plenty of picture examples of family activities in the Sims 3 that all life stages can do. Better yet, why don't you play the game for yourself and see all the fun things you can do with it? Sometimes it is fun to learn for personal experience.

The Sims 4 definitely needs to catch up, the only family based things I think they've added are.... hot tubs.... lol oh and camping. Hopefully more family-based activities will be released for the game next year, until then, I'll be enjoying The Sims 3 for a while ;)
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    edited September 2015
    I'll post pics when my new keyboard arrives :) This on screen one is awful. At least Sims is mouse dependent so I can still play :D
    Can I just ask, exactly how much family play was added into The Sims 3 in it's first year? And I mean gameplay where the entire family interacted with one another, not one on one interactions.
    Well base game had all life stages. Babies you could move around with, toddlers, child, teen, young adult, adult, and elder. There were cars you could drive around your family in. A whole bunch of nursery items your family could use. Part-time jobs available for teens and older which was nice if you wanted to have a parent work only while the kids were at school. Then you could pick whatever house size and place a lot on the road wherever you wanted. Plus if you want multiple families in your world, you could with CAW. Didn't have to worry about families getting culled. There was a bookstore, a grocery store, and other community lots that families could visit. There were real NPCs, so if a child got taken away an actual social worker would come by. Newspaper was fun. You could read about a nearby family moving away or a baby being born or the death of a Sim. Genetics actually followed through. If you made a Sim with highlights and another Sims with different highlights, odds are the kid will have highlight color of one of their parents. Same with no matter what color you picked for the eye color. Family tree actually worked and children recognized their relatives. There was a video game console Sims could play together too.

WA offered shops, photography, fireworks, and vacation homes. It offered one life state and 3 different ethnic locations. It was really cool having French children sing songs in French. Plus if you wanted to own a family vineyard, you could run it from home. Terrain tool and pond tool was nice too. Children could run and play on hills if I wanted them too. There was actually play interactions. Plus Sim couples could actually cuddle in bed and on the couch. The basement tool was introduced in which there could have four levels underground and five levels above.

Ambitions was released a year from the first release too, so it counts. That offered self-employed and education careers. Sims could do laundry with that and had an eco-friendly trait. It was fun to make eco-friendly families sometimes. This is just a few of the things. I'm sure plenty of Simmers can share pictures of more things they can do in the base game alone even. If you check back in the thread, there are plenty of picture examples of family activities in the Sims 3 that all life stages can do. Better yet, why don't you play the game for yourself and see all the fun things you can do with it? Sometimes it is fun to learn for personal experience.

The Sims 4 definitely needs to catch up, the only family based things I think they've added are.... hot tubs.... lol oh and camping. Hopefully more family-based activities will be released for the game next year, until then, I'll be enjoying The Sims 3 for a while ;)

If it takes until next year the team will have missed the boat for many players and consequently the money they bring with them.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

If it takes until next year the team will have missed the boat for many players and consequently the money they bring with them.

I somehow doubt that things will improve next year the way things are looking

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Where did the professional pride go?

What would you like to be remembered for, if you were a game developer

- The fact that millions of people loved the game you had made, and still want to play it
    ..or..
    - That you got millions for a game, though it was mediocre, but no one longer remembers it

???
    EA currently wants to be the second. So long as some of the old guard is still there, EA will see profits as the sole measure of a game. They don't want to produce critical darlings that don't sell well to the masses because they'll lose money.

What annoys me about the emotions system is that it could have been so much more in a proper life simulation and not a Skinner Box RPG.

Socials could be opened up based on the other Sim's state. Unwanted creep feeling all Flirty and hitting on you? Shoot him down to leave him Embarrassed, and then mock and berate him further!

But no, that would require better AI to handle these branching states. Linear is easy to develop.

Easier and cheaper :(

You are totally right.
    edited September 2015
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I used to be sure we would have toddlers back before this thread reaches 1000 pages, but my optimism is long gone now. I´m just so tired of waiting.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I used to be sure we would have toddlers back before this thread reaches 1000 pages, but my optimism is long gone now. I´m just so tired of waiting.

I am starting to doubt if they would ever add toddlers, it isn't happening this year and I don't feel it is on the plan for next year either

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited September 2015

I am starting to doubt if they would ever add toddlers, it isn't happening this year and I don't feel it is on the plan for next year either

> So far its feel like they trying to relived theirs college days,in everything they'd put out so far.And TS4 GT ep in November will have the same vides.
    crockatail wrote: »

> So far its feel like they trying to relived theirs college days,in everything they'd put out so far.And TS4 GT ep in November will have the same vides.

Pretty sure someone (you can guess who, it's blatantly obvious) in the team is going through a midlife crisis.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    Yep, hopefully. That is why sparkfairy1 made this thread to try to improve family play in the Sims 4. I love supernaturals in the Sims, so in a way it is important to my family play because I like mixing genetics with them and creating hybrids. I admit if nothing happens until next year though, it will just show to me there family play or any other style of play that I enjoy will not be worked on with this iteration. I had to accept that with the Sims 3 too until modders made rotational play possible to do. It's like sometimes I just have to accept Maxis wants to alienate parts of their user base. But it does make me sad when I see Sims Freeplay with my family activities.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Yep, hopefully. That is why sparkfairy1 made this thread to try to improve family play in the Sims 4. I love supernaturals in the Sims, so in a way it is important to my family play because I like mixing genetics with them and creating hybrids. I admit if nothing happens until next year though, it will just show to me there family play or any other style of play that I enjoy will not be worked on with this iteration. I had to accept that with the Sims 3 too until modders made rotational play possible to do. It's like sometimes I just have to accept Maxis wants to alienate parts of their user base. But it does make me sad when I see Sims Freeplay with my family activities.

To be honest, the fact that they have added stuff to Freeplay that players wanted in TS4 is just another insult to the injury that players are feeling right now

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

To be honest, the fact that they have added stuff to Freeplay that players wanted in TS4 is just another insult to the injury that players are feeling right now

Yep I'm seeing a lot of ideas from this thread being used for that game but not the Sims 4. I have to wonder why sometimes. But then again the Sims Freeplay has been their cash cow for longer.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited September 2015
    Pretty sure someone (you can guess who, it's blatantly obvious) in the team is going through a midlife crisis.
    That said, there even isn´t a midlife crisis in Sims 4. There´s not the slightest difference between adults and young adults. They look slightly different, but gameplay is the same for both "age groups".
    @SimGuruLyndsay telling us to be patient several hundred pages back just sounds even worse now :(
    Oh yes, I remember her saying that. Still better than SimGuruDrakes recent visit to this thread. :(

@Scobre: I´m not that much into supernaturals myself, but I think a lot of family players like having hybrid offspring.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    That said, there even isn´t a midlife crisis in Sims 4. There´s not the slightest difference between adults and young adults. They look slightly different, but gameplay is the same for both "age groups".
    @SimGuruLyndsay telling us to be patient several hundred pages back just sounds even worse now :(
    Oh yes, I remember her saying that. Still better than SimGuruDrakes recent visit to this thread. :(

@Scobre: I´m not that much into supernaturals myself, but I think a lot of family players like having hybrid offspring.

I would be interested how they would like to justify all their promises coming to nothing and how long exactly they expecting us to be patient! It's poor, it really is.

Well its a new week. Let's see if @SimGuruDrake has taken our concerns to the team and the reaction that it brings. My guess is no and none. But I am willing to be proved wrong ;)
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member

Yep. I haven't purchase any of the packs. What bothers me the most is the silence. They tell us nothing. I at least would like to know they are aware of the lack of family play.

It seems like they are making family gameplay a separate feature for the Sims and it shouldn't be. I fear this is how it's going to be for now on (TS5). But I'm not paying for toddlers. I just wish they would give some kind of feedback.

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top