Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    "Let them eat cake" is really quite fitting, even if Marie Antoinette never actually said it (despite popular opinion).
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2015
    http://www.thesims.com/news/sims4-1st-anniversary

Can't believe the Gamer - sorry, "Tech Guru" - career was that popular. Astronaut was probably not popular enough to be listed.

Also - I believe the WooHoo Weekend caused the "Romantic" trait to be inflated.
    The cynic in me says that painter was probably highest, but they wanted to lump together enough to hide that not many people played the GTW careers.

Edit: That cake is amazing!

• barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    Does anyone know of any game that I can recreate toddlers? Besides The Sims 2 and 3. (the toddlers I do make in those two games never look like my daughter in real life)Your help is greatly appreciated!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Ok I admit I do like the video Maxis did to celebrate the anniversary. It was pretty cool and briefly mentioned family trees in it. It did cheer me up a bit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JudG45zw8g
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Ok I admit I do like the video Maxis did to celebrate the anniversary. It was pretty cool and briefly mentioned family trees in it. It did cheer me up a bit.

I like it the way they think the year was 'incredible' but they forgot the part where people complained about the bugs in their game and the outrage after the Gamescom announcement

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited September 2015

I like it the way they think the year was 'incredible' but they forgot the part where people complained about the bugs in their game and the outrage after the Gamescom announcement

Yeah I feel more like they are trying to show hey look at all the great stuff we got you, when some of that stuff should have been in the base game to begin with.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Yeah I feel more like they are trying to show hey look at all the great stuff we got you, when some of that stuff should have been in the base game to begin with.

Exactly, but after a whole year, the base game sounds far from complete, some stuff has been patched in for free, or supplemented by some Stuff Packs but where is the rest? Where is what players have been asking for? What happened to the feedback before launch? Is it any wonder why after a whole year, more and more people are leaving?

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • StaceyUKStaceyUK Posts: 226 Member
    starguru wrote: »
    StaceyUK wrote: »
    Can I have some baby and toddler help for TS2 please? What are good sites for toddler hair and clothes please? Frustrated by the lack of choice in game. Secondly, has anyone got the Chris Hack's wear any clothes mod for babies? Where can I find the teddy bear used to change clothes in the in game catalogue?

IIRC, the CH teddy bear object is in the kids section with the toys and baby furniture.

As for toddler CC, I think a lot of the clothes from http://birdgurlscreations.blogspot.com are pretty cute.

Thank you for some reason the teddy is not showing up in the catalogue, even though the game is listing the mod. I will check that site out.
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    I'm sorry for entering a pretty non family play screenshot in the contest. Although... you could say it's about starting a family:
    95f1f43b-3b85-4edc-84d4-659255f9b254_zpsp5eorhgm.png

I first thought about posting it there, but i didn't do anything to get this photo, It's just showing clipping in a hilarious moment and i didn't write anything scandalous, so it should be ok.
    > Love the picture,wanted to tell you that before, but my sister called me from her job to ask me if I can take her dog to her veterinarian today.Her dog Ginger have some sores on her face that needs to be check out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I've brought back @GruntGuruSim on Twitter.

...maybe they prefer "listening" on Facebook/Twitter because there's more satisfied customers there. I'm convinced that an in-person protest is the best way to go, but of course they're headquartered in California, aka Nowhere.

There aren't, it's just they delete or ignore comments there. Trust me I've seen far worse comments on both those platforms about their product and conduct.
    @marcellala that's hilarious!
    @crockatail I hope Ginger will be okay!
    @marcellala that's hilarious!
    @crockatail I hope Ginger will be okay!

>So do I.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    marcellala wrote: »
    I'm sorry for entering a pretty non family play screenshot in the contest. Although... you could say it's about starting a family:
    95f1f43b-3b85-4edc-84d4-659255f9b254_zpsp5eorhgm.png

I first thought about posting it there, but i didn't do anything to get this photo, It's just showing clipping in a hilarious moment and i didn't write anything scandalous, so it should be ok.
    > Love the picture,wanted to tell you that before, but my sister called me from her job to ask me if I can take her dog to her veterinarian today.Her dog Ginger have some sores on her face that needs to be check out.

@crockatail Thank you and i hope the dog is ok.
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member

...maybe they prefer "listening" on Facebook/Twitter because there's more satisfied customers there. I'm convinced that an in-person protest is the best way to go, but of course they're headquartered in California, aka Nowhere.

There aren't, it's just they delete or ignore comments there. Trust me I've seen far worse comments on both those platforms about their product and conduct.

Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll go through their responses on Facebook and Twitter and like/favorite the comments calling them out on ignoring family play. We're definitely not alone out there, which is why I still fail to understand how EA could be so obtuse. It's not like we're some really small minority! Even people who haven't touched any of the Sims games in years know about the lack of toddlers.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    :triumph: I was bored so was looking at peoples Sims on a thread and saw some CC hair that I liked and fitted in with the maxis theme. Well im not a CC or Mod person but as the S4 is "meh!" I thought well if I 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it up OH well, and gave adding a CC hair a go! :smiley: OK it took me a good hour to figure it out but :blush: I did it :*waving arms excitedly*
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited September 2015
    clover24 wrote: »
    :triumph: I was bored so was looking at peoples Sims on a thread and saw some CC hair that I liked and fitted in with the maxis theme. Well im not a CC or Mod person but as the S4 is "meh!" I thought well if I 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it up OH well, and gave adding a CC hair a go! :smiley: OK it took me a good hour to figure it out but :blush: I did it :*waving arms excitedly*

If you like Maxis match cc, chances are you'll like kiara24.
    http://modthesims.info/m/2722260
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member

Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll go through their responses on Facebook and Twitter and like/favorite the comments calling them out on ignoring family play. We're definitely not alone out there, which is why I still fail to understand how EA could be so obtuse. It's not like we're some really small minority! Even people who haven't touched any of the Sims games in years know about the lack of toddlers.

They know. I don't believe that NOT knowing is the problem. IMO the problem is a lack of resources to basically remake parts of the game, which is what it would require to make carry-able toddlers with their multi-tasking system. I don't think they believe that they would recoup the costs involved, not when they can probably crank out two lame EPs for the same amount of money.

Then there is the whole issue with whether they could sell toddlers in a pack or whether players would refuse to buy them because they want them patched in for free. I think it might be risky for them, TBH. I will be shocked at this point if we ever get toddlers, but then, I don't think this game will ever get weather, or cars, or any number of things that people are asking for but I've long since given up on this game. Even if they added toddlers I probably wouldn't be playing it.

Hope you're feeling better, @sparkfairy1. Hope your sister's dog will be OK, @crockatail. "Waves hello" to everyone else. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    edited September 2015
    I'm back from taking my sister's dog Ginger to the Veterinarian, and Ginger has an infection in her gums.She needs to take medicines for 2 weeks then she need to go back to make sure everything is okay.
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Thanks @marcellala some of those look cool
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

They delete unhappy comment .. Yea way to listne
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    @HappySimmer3 I have almost finished my course of meds so hopefully I will be feeling much more myself soon, thank you :)

@crockatail Aww I'm glad they are treating Ginger well :)

@anettesb although if you look at the Facebook comments on Rachel Franklin's blog post yesterday there are a lot of unhappy comments. Obviously the forums aren't the only place for disappointment or even anger!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    @sparkfairy1 I'm glad you are feeling better.
    @crocktail I hope your dog feels better soon.

I did notice there was sort of a toddler riot on Twitter yesterday. As much as I love the little things, that is not something I could do. I remember they tried to do it with the Ask session and I didn't get involved with it, yet still got a warning since I didn't read on Twitter that they changed the rules for it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited September 2015
    @sparkfairy1 I'm glad you are feeling better.
    @crocktail I hope your dog feels better soon.

I did notice there was sort of a toddler riot on Twitter yesterday. As much as I love the little things, that is not something I could do.
    I don't have Twitter (or "Twitless" as I like to call it lol.) What happened?
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top