Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    trollnexus wrote: »
    (Now I finally appreciate the awesome button. I'm able to "like" your post not because that is great news, but because I appreciate that you took the time to answer. Having an awesome button makes that distinction a little clearer.)

In this instance, it's cool, but i normally would "agree" with a post which has content similar to (for example): "toddlers aren't there and i think that plums". I don't "like" that toddlers aren't there, but i agree with the message. So "agree" and "awesome" would be better imo.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well, while we are on the subject of family play, this is how it should be done in The Sims :smiley:

screenshot_original.jpg

Atleast they're sitting and not playing musical chairs....

A little secret, it took me a while to get them into position ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @simIrrevirre Amazing pics! :smiley:

But so many toddlers, how do the parents cope? :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited September 2015
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks :) it's hard but a lot of fun.

If you use mods, this is a great mod that let you set the table and everyone eats at the same time. It works fine with game update 1.67 that I think is the latest
    http://modthesims.info/d/535651
    I use it all the time now.
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks :) it's hard but a lot of fun.

If you use mods, this is a great mod that let you set the table and everyone eats at the same time. It works fine with game update 1.67 that I think is the latest
    http://modthesims.info/d/535651

Thanks I haven't tried that mod before :smile:

In TS1 I used to set all the plates around the table for my Sims and then when I used to send my Sims to eat, they would all pick the plate up and eat else where lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    marcellala wrote: »
    trollnexus wrote: »
    (Now I finally appreciate the awesome button. I'm able to "like" your post not because that is great news, but because I appreciate that you took the time to answer. Having an awesome button makes that distinction a little clearer.)

In this instance, it's cool, but i normally would "agree" with a post which has content similar to (for example): "toddlers aren't there and i think that plums". I don't "like" that toddlers aren't there, but i agree with the message. So "agree" and "awesome" would be better imo.

Totally agree with this, don't like to press like when someone say they are ill, but I do so as recognition that I've read it (even though it doesn't show who liked it, but anyway). Agree and awesome would be perfect.
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Hiya guys!
    Just letting u all know that I will be taking a break for a while!
    Its partially to do with school and my hobbies but its also because I feel I've been involved in to much lately.
    I just want to thank you guys for always being there 2 listen and for being so friendly!
    I want to give a special thankyou to @sparkfairy1 for making this thread and always giving loads of lovely comments!
    Thankyou all :)
    I'll miss u guys loads :D
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
    Found an interesting comment regarding the welcome wagon fruitcake fix (from coolspear1):

"Yeah, what is that stupid trait anyway "Gourmet Fruitcake?" Since last patch a couple of my main sims were - seemingly from nowhere - saying yuk to every mouthful of food, even the impeccable stuff they made with perfect ingredients. I knew Maxis broke something, but I couldn't figure what. Then I saw these patch notes today, confirming that they did indeed break something, but also giving me a heads-up as to what. When I looked at these yuk-nay-saying sims list of traits, they had this stupid gourmet fruitcake crap. As soon as I took it off them, no more constant yuk to every mouthful. How did they even get that stupid hidden trait in the first place?

And here's the rub. Maxis say they've fixed this hidden trait? Really? Because, for a test, I gave the stupid hidden trait back to my sims and they were back to saying yuk with every mouthful to all types of meals, not just crappy, 🐸🐸🐸🐸-quality fruitcake. Some fix, Maxis. But at least you let me know the root of the problem so my sims will never have that stupid, needless, pointless hidden trait again."

Why did they implement a hidden trait just for eating fruit cake?! Who has plum ideas like this?!
    It's funny how many things gt censored if you quote from another forum lol.
    Here is the link:
    http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=563587
    @MrHawk. I just saw some of our TS4 "reviews" now is up on your blog and want to thank you so much for doing this <3
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @simirrevirre and @king_of_simcity7 I love that mod and they do talk while at table, not just grunts and coughs from eating, and NO musical chairs. They only thing I watch for is everyone wants to clean up and then they all get tied up at sink or dishwasher, so, I x out the clean up wish for all but one, and I have the kids usually take turn for clean up as their chore for the evening.

@esharpmajor love your hard work and hope that some PTB reads it, takes it to heart and implements it. We don't hate this game, we love it and that is why we speak so much and want better for it. I don't want RF's vision, I want 'OUR' vision.
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Do anyone else have the funny feeling that after GT ep is released the next ep will be Sims 4 University so there be more parties and new places for the Sims to woohoo?
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    Do anyone else have the funny feeling that after GT ep is released the next ep will be Sims 4 University so there be more parties and new places for the Sims to woohoo?

I wouldn't be surprised. :unamused:
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member

I wouldn't be surprised. :unamused:

I second that!

That wouldn't surprise me, but any TS4 University will have nothing on the TS3 one :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    The forums are dead {sigh}

My current Windows 10 build really hates TS2 & 3 - neither one of them run properly. :(

So I'm going to emulate Adrian and read a book. :smiley:

Screenshot-483_zpsajmh99bx.jpg
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    http://www.thesims.com/news/sims4-1st-anniversary

Can't believe the Gamer - sorry, "Tech Guru" - career was that popular. Astronaut was probably not popular enough to be listed.

Also - I believe the WooHoo Weekend caused the "Romantic" trait to be inflated.

I find it a little creepy that they keep track of how many times Sims woo hoo.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Can't believe the Gamer - sorry, "Tech Guru" - career was that popular. Astronaut was probably not popular enough to be listed.

Oh yay look-another post that completely ignores those of us whose playstyles they cut savagely from production. It's not like it's getting old or anything a year on....

Yes Maxis-you know how to make your loyal customers feel valued. Ignore them and pretend they are unreasonable for wanting a finished base for a year-that'll do it ;) *sarcasm *
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member

Well that was....... interesting :confused:
    Though i suppose they acknowledged s4 first birthday :cry: *sobs in the corner*
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member

> I know, Right now its mostly a game of parties and woohooing,and not much of anything else :'(
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    clover24 wrote: »

Well that was....... interesting :confused:
    Though i suppose they acknowledged s4 first birthday :cry: *sobs in the corner*

Listne yea right to what they want to hear.....

And the find us at, mention NOTHING about this their own forum... what a disrespect of their custumors
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited September 2015
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Do you know what? I just tweeted @Simguru Rachel and @SimGuruLyndsay to say that while you celebrate family players are genuinely heartbroken. And their actions show how little they care.
    They have gone so far below my expectations of them that I still can't believe it. But I guess if you only want to listen to those who praise you then your view will be skewed.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top