Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    @marcellala I don't think @To7m was referring to you at all. I think he's going by some of the pained comments on the article posted, there were some sad comments on there. You know I'd never judge anyone for buying but I do find it hard to see people do conflicted over buying because it shouldn't be that way :( it's so sad and unnecessary seeing the game in such a state.

Yeah, i thought so. It sounded like he meant the people saying dishwashers shouldn't be added with money but still are going to buy it.
    You know what is funny? First time i came here, i wasn't too sure i would never buy a toddler EP. Now i'm positive i won't do it. I would feel horrible whenever i had a kid and think: EA made me pay for this, now i'll always have to pay for this!

Yeah that's one of the comments I saw on there and I found that heartbreaking. That the game has been slashed so far that people feel forced into chasing base game content.

That's why I wouldn't. It's bad enough being shut out of the game for a year-asking us to pay more after that would be really unfair and penalise our play style even further (than leaving us in the cold for a year).
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    My comment was not directed at anybody specifically, just those I have seen around who are vocally unhappy on this site that they're having to buy what I would call base game items yet still doing it anyway. It's like putting your hand into fire when you know it's going to burn you. I don't get it. Never have. But it's still their choice and there's not much I can do about it but silently grumble to myself. I am all about taking action - if something I like has a potential to be salvaged, like I thought TS4 was, then I like to get it done. If that means boycotting EA then so be it, but it's still frustrating when there are people out there who are clearly as unhappy as I am and yet getting strung along, and willingly.

If I wish to address a particular person directly I will tag or quote them so it is clear.
    I'm sorry you took offence to my comment but there really was no need, and you do not need to explain your decisions to me. :)

--T
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    My comment was not directed at anybody specifically, just those I have seen around who are vocally unhappy on this site that they're having to buy what I would call base game items yet still doing it anyway. It's like putting your hand into fire when you know it's going to burn you. I don't get it. Never have. But it's still their choice and there's not much I can do about it but silently grumble to myself. I am all about taking action - if something I like has a potential to be salvaged, like I thought TS4 was, then I like to get it done. If that means boycotting EA then so be it, but it's still frustrating when there are people out there who are clearly as unhappy as I am and yet getting strung along, and willingly.

If I wish to address a particular person directly I will tag or quote them so it is clear.
    I'm sorry you took offence to my comment but there really was no need, and you do not need to explain your decisions to me. :)

--T

Oh, i wasn't offended. I get what you're saying. I hated TS4 when it first came out and was extremely angry at anyone who even wanted this iteration to last longer than a year. No i'm an inbetweener on everything. But i probably have been for all Sims games.
    TS2 had just one flaw to me and that was the frozen time, but it was so major for me that i can't realy call it my favourite.
    TS3 lacked something i can#t rerally explain, but it's probably the one with the best ideas, even if they weren't all properly implemented.

Actually, if i had to pick a favourite it would be the original. Not because it was the best, but because of the feeling of my child-self sneeking to the PC and trying to figure out the password that my parents had on it so i couldn't play it whenever i wanted and suceeding in it lol
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited July 2015
    To7m wrote: »

--T

Oh, i wasn't offended. I get what you're saying. I hated TS4 when it first came out and was extremely angry at anyone who even wanted this iteration to last longer than a year. No i'm an inbetweener on everything. But i probably have been for all Sims games.
    TS2 had just one flaw to me and that was the frozen time, but it was so major for me that i can't realy call it my favourite.
    TS3 lacked something i can#t rerally explain, but it's probably the one with the best ideas, even if they weren't all properly implemented.

Actually, if i had to pick a favourite it would be the original. Not because it was the best, but because of the feeling of my child-self sneeking to the PC and trying to figure out the password that my parents had on it so i couldn't play it whenever i wanted and suceeding in it lol

Oh I hear that with the Frozen Time thing - dad leaves the house at 6am to open the shop - does a days work, gets home and kids are leaving for school... Lol ooookay! But at the same time, sometimes the freeze comes in handy so I'm a little inbetween too. I'm glad you wasn't offended, I understand it is a tricky subject with most and I'm never looking to offend, I try to be honest, that's my main aim - there's no point writing a wall of text if it's just waffle lol and sometimes I do just put my foot right in it.

I think my frustration comes from the fact I see all of us as a group of simmers - if one is unhappy with the smallest thing the rest of us should band behind them to have it addressed, wether we want it or not. This game is supposed to appeal to everyone (appropriately aged of course) so it's obvious there are going to be features I don't like or want but I suck it up because 1000 other people do want it. *shrugs*

I dunno, this whole thing is confusing. Lol

--T

ETA: Typos, yada, yada...
    I'm glad you two aren't upset @marcellala and @To7m because there's more that unites us than separates us! :)
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    🐸🐸🐸🐸! Are they serious right now?????????????

IT'S LIKE PUTTING SALT ON A WOUND! :|
    https://www.facebook.com/thesimsfreeplay/videos/vb.284709311564376/908738462494788/?type=2&theater
    Not sure if anyone has shared this already.
    Look at all this freaking adorableness!
    THIS is how I pictured Sims 4 toddlers!
    This is just insult to injury. If toddlers aren't announced at Gamescon, I'm done.

I don't know why they hate us so much.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

https://www.facebook.com/thesimsfreeplay/videos/vb.284709311564376/908738462494788/?type=2&theater
    This is just insult to injury. If toddlers aren't announced at Gamescon, I'm done.

I'm in tears, not sure if it is angry ones or furious ones or just flat out ticked off sad ones. :(
    bekkasan wrote: »

I'm in tears, not sure if it is angry ones or furious ones or just flat out ticked off sad ones. :(

Honey they are not worth your tears *big cuddles*
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Wow, that just...

I mean, seriously...

I can't. I'm trying to come up with the words to describe how dissed and disrespected I feel and I come up empty. It almost feels like they're deliberately giving us a certain finger. I'm sure that's silly, but after the "future is bright" promises last summer, the "exploring" remark from the interview, empty vastness of total silence when we beg to be told yes or no on toddlers, and now this?

Cuts to the very core. I had a tiny bit of hope left that maybe we'd get good news at Gamescom. Now I wonder if I should avoid EA's press conference and have someone else tell me the news.
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I just watched the free play video. I honestly don't think it even phases me anymore. I'm hoping they are either testing Sims free play as a alpha to the sims 4 toddlers/babies. If not I hope the announcement at Gamescom will be that they are discontinuing the sims 4 >.> But since they are still throwing out stuff/game packs I know it's not that.. hugss to all.

Anyway I wanted to stop by to let you all know Skyrim legendary(means you get all of the expansions) is on sale through Humble bundle- https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/quakecon_weekend/ If you have never heard of Humble Bundle. They are a company that sometimes have deals on games/Books or even mobile games and the money that you purchase the games with goes to a charity. Their is more info on their page There is a lot of charitys that they donate to. All of them are listed on there page.And if you're wondering if they are legit. Humble Bundle have been around for a long time now and have not gotten shut down. The game keys that you get once you purchase can be redeemed on Steam as well. Anywho the reason I bought this particular sale to light is because they are having discount prices on Bethesda games. I know most if not all of you have heard of how good Skyrim is, and Fall out series are through other simmers. and I can not express how much you'd love Skyrim :)
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    My play style is family. I can't wait for toddlers at this point.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member

You're right it is definitely insult upon injury. I understand that mobile gaming is getting more advanced by the minute but no where as near as much as computer gaming. This is how I pictured babies and toddlers in the Sims 4. The babies in free play have different clothing, hair, more personality. I don't see how a free game can put together such good features routinely for the majority but a paid game just cannot, or struggles to.

Sims 4 producers - Take note.
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited July 2015

Of all the places to put toddlers is in Freeplay. Alrighty then. :( A big thanks and congratulations goes to the powers that be for proving how utterly out of touch and ignorant you truly are. :'(

Post edited by christinebremner on
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    Wow, just amazing. Too bad I can't say what I really think without getting banned. :#
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Crawling babies! Babies that throw food, Seriously, this is just sad. These babies shouldn't be better than Sims 4 babies.
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member

It's nauseating that an app game has more than the PC equivalent. It must be because only females like family stuff and females only play on their phones while I presume making sandwiches for all the man-babies playing "real" games. No I'm not bitter at all.

Also, Skyrim - all Elder Scrolls titles - are on special on Steam atm too. I must say, if you buy Skyrim, for the love of Talos, buy the Legendary. You cannot upgrade for anywhere near that price. And it is worth it. If you want to know all about Skyrim I should probably not derail the thread with it here, but let me know.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2015
    Stinks like angry poo about toddlers still not being in the Sims 4, but I'm really happy today after helping set up for a wedding. I can't wait to see my friend get married tomorrow. I did see her dress though, so pretty. Why can't Sims have pretty princess wedding dresses? That's one thing I've been disappointed on with all the iterations are the wedding dresses. They all seem so outdated and CCs manage to be better for them.

I know it stinks our family play ideas are being used for another Sims game, but at least it confirms that the Sims Freeplay is on priority of new and more complete features than the Sims 4 I hate to say. But aww that bouncer looks so cute. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member

It's like:
    You wanted cute toddlers that bad? That means you're willing to pay a lot of money for virtual coins for a mobile game, right?
    Get ready to do it, than!

It's like:
    You wanted cute toddlers that bad? That means you're willing to pay a lot of money for virtual coins for a mobile game, right?
    Get ready to do it, than!

That's exactly it. Freeplay is a money pit and evidently they think the PC game isn't (even though we all know otherwise but that depends on being happy with the base)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

I sincerely hope that whoever is responsible for this falls into the bog of eternal stench.
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    Why is it a bad thing?
    I mean, it could be a sign that toddlers are coming to Sims 4 too :)
    Origin ID: Selxna
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top