Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited July 2015
    marcellala wrote: »
    So, i said something positive about the animations of Spa Day. but OF COURSE TS4 can't stay consistent with even one pack.
    083ce162-36a0-4e38-a2ef-24a917bd0287_zps6cjxlkxp.png
    That's my sim meditating. Nothing out of the ordinary you might think (except for her hating it)...but look at this!
    240b4e49-c884-4051-95e1-da81ffe271a7_zpsrqlkpj5j.png
    As you can see, she has been pregnant during the meditation. They just let the belly dissapear for this.

If I thought meditating would help get rid of a belly I'd be on the floor typing this. :D

This stuff with the aliens in Sims4 is disheartening. Just another example of them trying to tell me how to play my game. My aliens in Sims3 are proud and don't need to hide behind a disguise to not be embarrassed. They are so PC about other things in this game, why do they have aliens embarrassed because they are different. They should be proud, not hiding behind a disguise. They need to be consistent about the content that they produce an no one should be ashamed because they are different. They don't even give an option to have a proper alien invasion if someone wanted that as they would be too embarrassed to invade.

PS: Alien toddlers don't have any special reactions. I've had two recently and have two alien babies who will be aging up soon.
  • Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    SimGuruDrake was sweet saying it is ok to have a love/hate relationship towards something. I think I'm starting to realize I have one towards the Sims 4. It just excites yet irritates me sometimes. I don't know. Probably making me realize I'm badly due getting some Sims 2 pictures again. I'm tempted to play the Sims 3 again. I just badly want my deviant and sandbox and family play styles in a game again, so guess I have to play the oldies to feel really excited towards the Sims again.

That love/hate thing is not something that I normally get with games, not like I do with Sims 4. One minute I'm having fun then something just irks me. Not being able to fish together for example, it seems to me like it's just a little thing, but it's a major turn-off. The list goes on and on, though :tired_face:

And of course it's ok to love/hate the game - as long as you love it more so you keep spending money... Sorry, my cynicism is on overdrive today. But I believe it's true unfortunately.

“I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    marcellala wrote: »

Do they do something special? I think i never had one in TS3 and i can't remember how they were in 2.
    Not really. Just how they are born is special. They are hybrid aliens too, so part alien and part human. I always loved that about them. So their genetics are special to me. I loved the cut scenes in that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F10oQU_sus8
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MaxtheTownieMaxtheTownie Posts: 72 Member
    > @marcellala said:
    > As you can see, she has been pregnant during the meditation. They just let the belly dissapear for this.

I was considering buying Spa Day the other day since it looks pretty non-linear, your post made me reconsider. This reminds me of how lazy EA is when it comes to details. I'd seriously rather they nuked the interaction for pregnant sims than have this. Ideally, they'd remake the animations but what're the chances of that happening?
    Signature3.jpg
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @marcellala oh no :( I'd want to see the pregnant sim with their own dedicated animations because that's a special time that deserves special treatment. *sigh* I can't believe they think that's okay :(
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I have 3 baby sims I vow to keep babies until Toddlers are brought back into the game, Properly!
    Please EA Think about the babies!!!
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    So it's come to this. :( Simmers are now excited about dishwashers... http://simsvip.com/2015/07/22/rumor-the-sims-4-cool-kitchen-next-stuff-pack/#disqus_thread

Has it really gotten this bad? :(
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    Well I am not @Goodywood but oh its so sad. Can you imagine being told in TS1 that in 15 years you would have to pay for them and they would be 'exciting'?! I can't. I just can't believe how cut the base has been, and how they seem to think its okay to make us pay, and pay and pay to complete the base. Urgh :(
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Hi everyone and big hugs. xx

Will be back soon with some pictures I hope will cheer you up, I know it's hard when it feels like you are talking to a brick wall. :s
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited July 2015
    Yeah... The pregnant meditation animation (or lack there of) and this dishwasher thing, while not surprising, are pretty much the final straw for me. What more are they going to leave out or cut? This doesn't show me any promise for the future of this game or make me want to invest.

I'm all for buying DLC but this is downright taking the plum.

I'm also all for people being excited but what annoys me the most are the ones saying this isn't fair yet they're willing to buy it anyway. Like, have some self respect, man. If you're unhappy with the product why on earth are you buying it? I just don't get it. How are we supposed to get any kind of change when people are actually willing to be stung along?

I just don't know anymore. I am at an actual loss for words.

--T

ETA: added some words, typos - the usual.
  • BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »

I'm a teenager and even I think it's starting to become childish. Why did they tone down the making-out interaction from TS2? Why is having sex called "WooHoo"? And why the plum do supernaturals look like they came from Twilight?

I don't mind sex being called "Woohoo" because it fits the sim style. By nature The Sims is playful. If the game was geared to an adult audience and had a mature tone, then yeh, I would agree. Clearly, this game isn't targeted as such.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Hey everyone,
    Just popping in to catch up on the last 10 pages or so.... Life has been busy lately and I've been playing Cities Skylines instead of The Sims, just waiting for Gamescom to come around to see if they will finally come through for us.
    If the next stuff pack is Kitchens I really wouldn't be surprised. A LOT of people have been asking for dishwashers since release, plus some larger fridges and other bits and bobs. It just ticks me off that those simmers will have to pay for that content, which should have been basegame.
    It was interesting, on Twitter @TheSims shared a "Throw back Thursday" photo of Sims 2 sims practicing yoga. I sort of laughed to myself that they would share a base game Sims 2 feature that they'd just sold back to us for $20 a pop.
    Is this how it's going to be now guys, really?
    Sad to see so many depressed Simmers in this thread at the moment. I totally understand - I WANT to play TS4, but every time I try I quit because I can't play the way I want to. That's why I've been taking a break from the Sims altogether. It helps to just distance yourself and think about other things sometimes!
    Hope you all keep well.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Just popping in to catch up on the last 10 pages or so.... Life has been busy lately and I've been playing Cities Skylines instead of The Sims, just waiting for Gamescom to come around to see if they will finally come through for us.
    If the next stuff pack is Kitchens I really wouldn't be surprised. A LOT of people have been asking for dishwashers since release, plus some larger fridges and other bits and bobs. It just ticks me off that those simmers will have to pay for that content, which should have been basegame.
    It was interesting, on Twitter @TheSims shared a "Throw back Thursday" photo of Sims 2 sims practicing yoga. I sort of laughed to myself that they would share a base game Sims 2 feature that they'd just sold back to us for $20 a pop.
    Is this how it's going to be now guys, really?
    Sad to see so many depressed Simmers in this thread at the moment. I totally understand - I WANT to play TS4, but every time I try I quit because I can't play the way I want to. That's why I've been taking a break from the Sims altogether. It helps to just distance yourself and think about other things sometimes!
    Hope you all keep well.
    Hi. :)

I've distanced myself from playing The Sims for the past few days. Partly because over games have been calling to me, partly because of stress from work, and I just feel burned out from simming. :(
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    @esharpmajor I very much agree with all of those points, I think. Facial proportions and aging need tweaking. Player-centric goals are not my cup of tea for Sims. And more interactions between and within the age groups would be amazing. I would like to see hair-pulling from babies too, lol. I can't image that would ever happen though, but it is something babies do with their grabby little hand reflexes. I remember my daughter at a few months old grabbed a handful of her own hair and was screaming at me in frustration and pain. The look on her face! I felt for her, but but it was also a little bit hilarious :lol:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Oh my. That little clip from Inside Out reminds me of something my oldest would do when she was a toddler. Right after the bath, she'd wriggle like a little fish out of the towel I was trying to dry her with so that she could streak down the hallway, shrieking with laughter. I suspect she kept doing it because her toddler laughter was so contagious, I'd be chasing her laughing my head off.

If we could have Sims 4 toddlers, I wish they'd do something like that. Perhaps that's why I like the in-depth interactions between my Sims 2 family members. Because they bring back the good memories of my own family experiences, and they make me smile again. I like that feeling, and I like recreating it in my sims.
    I'd love if my Sims had a memory system like that which influenced the emotions. At least the emotions would have real meaning then. I do love Pixar animation a lot and wouldn't mind if toddlers were based off of the look of it. I really love the look of Boo too and she was so adorable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPaTaEN2wxY
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Boo was so cute, I agree toddlers based on this look would be awesome. I like Agnes from Despicable me too : we already have unicorn toys, we just need an interaction "Make an annoying noise" :)
    edited July 2015
    Neia wrote: »
    Boo was so cute, I agree toddlers based on this look would be awesome. I like Agnes from Despicable me too : we already have unicorn toys, we just need an interaction "Make an annoying noise" :)
    I love Agnes too. It was funny I was looking at pictures of her while looking at Boo's pictures too. Yeah I asked the Gurus at an Ask a Sim Guru session could put "It's so fluffy" in Simlish. They asked me what it would sound like and I was like um idk, I don't speak Simlish. XD But man I'd love if children and hopefully toddlers could say that to their big unicorn toy. It would be so funny and add cute humor to the game. But that could be a fun game we could play in this thread. What is something you wish little ones could say in Simlish?

Guess I should try to make up something for "It's so fluffy!" Espso flafoo! Yes I admit I used Katy Perrry's Simlish song to help me out a bit.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited July 2015
    To7m wrote: »
    Yeah... The pregnant meditation animation (or lack there of) and this dishwasher thing, while not surprising, are pretty much the final straw for me. What more are they going to leave out or cut? This doesn't show me any promise for the future of this game or make me want to invest.

I'm all for buying DLC but this is downright taking the plum.

I'm also all for people being excited but what annoys me the most are the ones saying this isn't fair yet they're willing to buy it anyway. Like, have some self respect, man. If you're unhappy with the product why on earth are you buying it? I just don't get it. How are we supposed to get any kind of change when people are actually willing to be stung along?

I just don't know anymore. I am at an actual loss for words.

--T

ETA: added some words, typos - the usual.

@To7m I don't exactly know if that was directed at me (sorry if that's paranoid), but i personally have decided that i'm going to buy the additions i think that have quality and add something to my game without being too much of a money grab. I know i bought Spa Day one day after it was out and it might have been too soon, but i saw a lot of reviews and heart a lot of positive things.
    I don't buy the SPs because i can't accept the fact that @SimGuruGraham apparently decided to search the forum or general complaints for the objects we miss most and than add them in a ten dollar pack, because EA thinks people might be like "ten dollars? I pay more for my breakfast!". It was hard on me not buying hottubs. Do you know how most of my sims got pregnant?
    Actually, from shower woohoo (because it took some tries in the other games and this was the fastest thing), but the most fun was hottub woohoo.
    I didn't buy anything in the TS3 store for the same reason+ it was overpriced and because of the false advertising. Still, i don't judge anyone who bought something there. If you like a game, you like to have more of it and add to it.
    I play TS4 a lot. I agree with a lot of your complaints and my biggest one are missing toddlers and culling (that i don't experience anymore at least), but i also miss open world, deeper family play , story progression (that i have back luckily) and i think it's my personal decision if i buy something or not and it has not something to do with lacking self-respect.
    @marcellala I don't think @To7m was referring to you at all. I think he's going by some of the pained comments on the article posted, there were some sad comments on there. You know I'd never judge anyone for buying but I do find it hard to see people do conflicted over buying because it shouldn't be that way :( it's so sad and unnecessary seeing the game in such a state.
    edited July 2015
    I'm glad marcellala bought the game. Someone has to tell us if a pack has family play in it or not. XD
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited July 2015
    @marcellala I don't think @To7m was referring to you at all. I think he's going by some of the pained comments on the article posted, there were some sad comments on there. You know I'd never judge anyone for buying but I do find it hard to see people do conflicted over buying because it shouldn't be that way :( it's so sad and unnecessary seeing the game in such a state.

Yeah, i thought so. It sounded like he meant the people saying dishwashers shouldn't be added with money but still are going to buy it.
    You know what is funny? First time i came here, i wasn't too sure i would never buy a toddler EP. Now i'm positive i won't do it. I would feel horrible whenever i had a kid and think: EA made me pay for this, now i'll always have to pay for this!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top