Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Oh and before someone says it. No I won't be 'grateful' for toddlers. I'm way past feeling grateful. They have had a huge chunk of my money for nearly a year for a game rendered unplayable for me by crippling bugs and missing features clearly a symptom of a game that was released unfinished. They threw away goodwill by the comments they made to try to excuse the state of the game and our valid concerns, and by seeing the hurt caused by their decisions and choosing not to respond. Not only that but I 'celebrated' family trees and we saw such promises from gurus. Only to find the culling system renders it useless.

They have had plenty of time to engage, to take the time to mend the broken trust they caused. They chose not to. That's the responsibility of those in charge.
    I feel the same way! :)

What little enjoyment I was getting over the past few days ended when my game opened up to a black screen several times, even after restarting my PC.

At least I can go back to TS2 and 3! Why did I give 4 a second chance when I have 2 other perfectly good sims games that haven't given me any grief!? :/
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    I had a decent break from my beloved families as well, and played other games from Steam like Alien Isolation and managed to finish it!
    Was quite proud of myself I tells ya! lol Was so scary but oh so fun! That's what I call a complete game! :*
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Oh and before someone says it. No I won't be 'grateful' for toddlers. I'm way past feeling grateful. They have had a huge chunk of my money for nearly a year for a game rendered unplayable for me by crippling bugs and missing features clearly a symptom of a game that was released unfinished. They threw away goodwill by the comments they made to try to excuse the state of the game and our valid concerns, and by seeing the hurt caused by their decisions and choosing not to respond. Not only that but I 'celebrated' family trees and we saw such promises from gurus. Only to find the culling system renders it useless.

They have had plenty of time to engage, to take the time to mend the broken trust they caused. They chose not to. That's the responsibility of those in charge.
    I feel the same way! :)

What little enjoyment I was getting over the past few days ended when my game opened up to a black screen several times, even after restarting my PC.

At least I can go back to TS2 and 3! Why did I give 4 a second chance when I have 2 other perfectly good sims games that haven't given me any grief!? :/

Oh no I'm sorry @Astro that's a shame, I saw you had been enjoying it and I was happy for you. I guess at least we have the old games :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Thank you guys. I think I will take a break @sparkfairy1 and focus on other things for a bit, I have bipolar and anxiety and I think I could do with a break from this for a bit. Especially after I've seen this:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845828/sims-4-cool-kitchen-listed-on-amazon-next-stuff-pack#latest

Ugh why can't EA just change....
    DLC kitchen items. :confounded: That just feels like a new all time low for the Sims. I knew the Sims 4 was going to get milked, but I'm surprised more and more each day when base items keep being sold for DLC. Sorry nope, nada, not going to do it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Thank you guys. I think I will take a break @sparkfairy1 and focus on other things for a bit, I have bipolar and anxiety and I think I could do with a break from this for a bit. Especially after I've seen this:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845828/sims-4-cool-kitchen-listed-on-amazon-next-stuff-pack#latest

Ugh why can't EA just change....
    DLC kitchen items. :confounded: That just feels like a new all time low for the Sims. I knew the Sims 4 was going to get milked, but I'm surprised more and more each day when base items keep being sold for DLC. Sorry nope, nada, not going to do it.

Shows how ignorant some companies can be. :s
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options

The saddest part is that is oddly funny because so many complained about the Sims 3 store, but don't realize that GPs and SPs are doing the same thing. Unless you physically own it, it is still a DLC product. I just don't understand the logic of it from the customer point of view. Business side, yep I see it. Not as many people as they hoped for bought the base game, so going to charge money for everything basic to make the game feel "complete." It's microtransaction logic at its finest.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MAFEBISIMAFEBISI Posts: 160 Member
    The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff???
    REALLY? OH C'MON, MAXIS, WE KNOW YOU CAN DO BETTER.
    :s
  • Options
    barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    OMG This game looks AWESOME!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?t=464&v=ZQeuc7fAYyQ

Sign me up~

*disappear back into real life*

(sorry can't post videos/links yet)
  • Options
    edited July 2015

The saddest part is that is oddly funny because so many complained about the Sims 3 store, but don't realize that GPs and SPs are doing the same thing. Unless you physically own it, it is still a DLC product. I just don't understand the logic of it from the customer point of view. Business side, yep I see it. Not as many people as they hoped for bought the base game, so going to charge money for everything basic to make the game feel "complete." It's microtransaction logic at its finest.

I never complained about the store, I bought it. haha :*

My point is that ignorance is bliss, and sticking their heads in the sand like an ostrich isn't going to help anyone. I loved the Sims 3 store and held contests with content from the store as prizes and I always had fun with the content. Some items I admit weren't really as good as some but it held an excitement that was voiced on the Sims 3 mypages. Every time there was something new coming out there would be a sense of looking forward to what was coming and not worrying about an incomplete game.
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    edited July 2015

My point is that ignorance is bliss, and sticking their heads in the sand like an ostrich isn't going to help anyone. I loved the Sims 3 store and held contests with content from the store as prizes and I always had fun with the content. Some items I admit weren't really as good as some but it held an excitement that was voiced on the Sims 3 mypages. Every time there was something new coming out there would a sense of looking forward to what was coming and not worrying about an incomplete game.

Completely agree. I bought A LOT because I loved the game, despite its failings. TS4 doesn't have that luxury. I don't like the base so I'm not throwing good money after bad to 'complete' the game they couldn't be bothered to finish on their own time. I'm not paying for their developmental mistakes. They are the multi million dollar company-I find it distasteful that they expect us to bail them out that way after we've given them so much over the years. Loyalty should be a two way street.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

My point is that ignorance is bliss, and sticking their heads in the sand like an ostrich isn't going to help anyone. I loved the Sims 3 store and held contests with prizes from the store as prizes and I always had fun with the content. Some items I admit weren't really as good as some but it held an excitement that was voiced on the Sims 3 mypages. Every time there was something new coming out there would a sense of looking forward to what was coming and not worrying about an incomplete game.
    That's good. :) Yeah that's probably part of the problem too. It's really hard to look forward to things for the Sims because I'm like ok which base game item will be sold back for DLC this time. The base just felt really bare and still does. I don't know I had a really bad experience with microtransactions with Gaia, it has made me more cynical towards them ever since. It makes me lose hope in that toddlers will be sold as DLC too. Same with preteens. It's like everything being sold in mismatched pieces and I just don't like it.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'm actually considering uninstalling TS3, I still love that game, but Sims 4 has burned out my enjoyment of the game. I think it's time to move on for me. I literally cried last night (I know, it's something really stupid to cry about) but I just don't know what to do.

I don't think EA realize how much people care about this game or the Sims series in general. The problems with the Sims 4 and the missing toddlers and the development team not expressing interest in the fans stresses me out so much. I feel like pulling my hair out sometime. A game is suppose to give us fun and enjoyment and not crush us emotionally.

I hope you feel better. Just take some time off. Don't leave us :'c
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    lol I just been playing Lola's game and I forgot they were still having a birthday party and was greeted with a house full of sims. :)

Just a random or two, this is Cherry Shake from Streaming Shadows who has been looking like bot for a few sim days now, I think she likes her new look but everyone else is thrown into confusion as to why she is looking that way. lol Alexa when she walks past holds her head and looks really stressed out at Cherry's transformation. lol She is getting the thumbs down and booo'd for looking different, but I think she looks...awesome? B)
    screenshot_original.jpg

And this is my newly aged up teen Zeth, a hybrid Werewolf/ghost. :)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options

My point is that ignorance is bliss, and sticking their heads in the sand like an ostrich isn't going to help anyone. I loved the Sims 3 store and held contests with prizes from the store as prizes and I always had fun with the content. Some items I admit weren't really as good as some but it held an excitement that was voiced on the Sims 3 mypages. Every time there was something new coming out there would a sense of looking forward to what was coming and not worrying about an incomplete game.
    That's good. :) Yeah that's probably part of the problem too. It's really hard to look forward to things for the Sims because I'm like ok which base game item will be sold back for DLC this time. The base just felt really bare and still does. I don't know I had a really bad experience with microtransactions with Gaia, it has made me more cynical towards them ever since. It makes me lose hope in that toddlers will be sold as DLC too. Same with preteens. It's like everything being sold in mismatched pieces and I just don't like it.

I agree they are all over the place, and their priorities are not in order. I hope they don't sell toddlers as a DLC either they should be part of the base game. I can't even compare the first series with no toddlers to this because at least back then they had more of an excuse when it comes to technology. This is where they fall down in so many ways, reverting back to a gaming engine that is so limited, and they knew that too.

FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Well, funny at least my Sims 4 families can enjoy the beach somewhat now. I love you modding community, another thing done first. <3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT9zTlaDCB4
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    They do junceda :) nice pics!

@marcellala Ah yes :) but it was a rare thing, wasn't it? I played that game almost daily but I only have a vague memory of maybe one or two teens getting acne.

Stupid ipad..

My sims had it at least one or two times during their life stage per person. Maybe it had to do something with genetics or food? I wouldn't be surprised, TS2 is extremely detailed and complex and that's nothing i can say honestly about TS4.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    Hi everybody! this pack really looks like the one I would want to have! but you know

Screenshot-367_zpsmvaz7qbj.jpg?t=1436904264

been there

23958bf6-15c4-49ac-97bd-919b587e54d1_zpsk5qtn6i8.jpg

done this

Come on EA give us toddlers back so we can keep on buying sims´ stuff as the faithfull (cough ...adicted...) custommers we are!!!

pretty much giving us the same recycled ideas.. :disappointed:
    giphy.gif

• Options
    http://simsvip.com/2015/07/22/rumor-the-sims-4-cool-kitchen-next-stuff-pack/

So, kitchen stuff might be the next SP. Which means it will more than likely add dishwashers as paid DLC. Three strikes for using base game items as main selling points, SPs you're out for me if that's true.
  • Options
    marcellala wrote: »

So, kitchen stuff might be the next SP. Which means it will more than likely add dishwashers as paid DLC. Three strikes for using base game items as main selling points, SPs you're out for me if that's true.
    Four now. Buffet table, fire pit, and hot tubs. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if they sell NPCs and carpools through DLC at this point. I'm beyond disappointed now.
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member

@marcellala Ah yes :) but it was a rare thing, wasn't it? I played that game almost daily but I only have a vague memory of maybe one or two teens getting acne.

Stupid ipad..

My sims had it at least one or two times during their life stage per person. Maybe it had to do something with genetics or food? I wouldn't be surprised, TS2 is extremely detailed and complex and that's nothing i can say honestly about TS4.

The acne is related to hygiene - the lower that motive gets, the greater the chance that the zit will appear. That said, it seems to have a fairly high chance in my games, as I rarely get a teen through the stage without a flareup, no matter how many times I send them to the shower/ tub/ hot tub. Just be sure there's a mirror handy to apply the acne cream!
  • Options

Four now. Buffet table, fire pit, and hot tubs. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if they sell NPCs and carpools through DLC at this point. I'm beyond disappointed now.

The firepit wasn't a part of a SP. so i didn't count it as a strike, but you're right of course. I also guess trash compactors might be part of that SP, so that would make it four regardless.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

The firepit wasn't a part of a SP. so i didn't count it as a strike, but you're right of course. I also guess trash compactors might be part of that SP, so that would make it four regardless.
    True, it was in the GP. It did upset me though. Yeah I admit I am upset about the kitchen things. I love to cook, so part of what I like to do in my Sims families is making them all learn how to cook well and clean up after themselves. Honestly I'm getting so discouraged, I'm wanting to play the Sims 3 again.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Thrippa wrote: »

Stupid ipad..

The acne is related to hygiene - the lower that motive gets, the greater the chance that the zit will appear. That said, it seems to have a fairly high chance in my games, as I rarely get a teen through the stage without a flareup, no matter how many times I send them to the shower/ tub/ hot tub. Just be sure there's a mirror handy to apply the acne cream!

Yes, i know about the acne cream, another cool addition, because it didn't work instantly (like every "fix" in TS4). Ooops, i guess i just outed myself as someone who doesn't let his sims shower too often :D
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    So, i said something positive about the animations of Spa Day. but OF COURSE TS4 can't stay consistent with even one pack.
    083ce162-36a0-4e38-a2ef-24a917bd0287_zps6cjxlkxp.png
    That's my sim meditating. Nothing out of the ordinary you might think (except for her hating it)...but look at this!
    240b4e49-c884-4051-95e1-da81ffe271a7_zpsrqlkpj5j.png
    As you can see, she has been pregnant during the meditation. They just let the belly dissapear for this.
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited July 2015
    So, i said something positive about the animations of Spa Day. but OF COURSE TS4 can't stay consistent with even one pack.
    083ce162-36a0-4e38-a2ef-24a917bd0287_zps6cjxlkxp.png
    That's my sim meditating. Nothing out of the ordinary you might think (except for her hating it)...but look at this!
    g.html]240b4e49-c884-4051-95e1-da81ffe271a7_zpsrqlkpj5j.png[/URL]
    As you can see, she had been pregnant during the meditation. They just let the belly dissapear for this.

Uh...you posted a pic of a lil boy and a pregnant woman stretching her back with doesn't really make sense for what you posted because her belly did not disappear...

Nevermind I can see the second picture now.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top